Forever Nuts

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Cinnamon
Almond, Apple, Peanut, Vanilla, Fruity, Nutty, Sweet, Nuts, Berry, Caramel, Cinnamon, Creamy, Spicy, Cream, Oats, Butter, Cookie, Brown Sugar, Hibiscus, Nutmeg, Spices, Tangy, Walnut, Anise, Clove, Cranberry, Rhubarb, Roast nuts, Rose, Sugar, Pastries, Popcorn, Coconut, Honey, Honeydew, Stewed Fruits, Baked Bread, Berries, Earth, Toffee
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

From DAVIDsTEA

For almond lovers

It looks all normal when it’s loose. But steep it and you’ll see that it’s nuts. Within seconds, this tempting jumble of almond slices and chunks, apple bits and cinnamon bark starts turning a crazy shade of pink. Why? Because it contains a hint of beetroot. That’s what gives this rich almond tea its earthy depth and its all-natural signature colour. Deliciously nutty, decidedly addictive. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, almonds, cinnamon, beetroot and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I really wasn’t expecting to like this. My experiences with DavidsTea have been pretty hit-or-miss and this one just didn’t sound very promising.

And yet. This is actually quite pleasant. The smell is nutty and evocative of marzipan. The color is discouragingly red, but the hibiscus isn’t actually as overwhelming as I feared. The taste is primarily almond, with a sweet hibiscus undertone and a tangy aftertaste. This is so close to marzipan! I wouldn’t rush to have this again, but I wouldn’t turn it down either.

sipdown!

This one is really weird. Like watery cinnamon. Maybe I need to add more tea next time, and maybe some milk will do it justice.

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
sherapop

The weirdest part for me is the odd, almost fluorescent, pinkish-red color. It seems so discordant—what does that have to do with nuts?

madametj

Yeah, I was really expecting better :/

Like some of the teas DAVIDs offers, this tea smells much different that it tastes once steeped. To me, it smells like a warm, almost savoury tea with a predominant scent of sweet almond. Steeped, it tastes almost nothing like it smells and is a huge disappointment. The luxurious smell is replaced by a weak-tasting tea almost void of any distinguishable flavour beyong water-down apples. I gave this one away to a fellow tea lover who appreciates it more than I do.

6 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 275 OZ / 8132 ML

This tea is MARZIPAN! I reeeeally wanted a good marzipan but most reviews seemed SO disappointing!! This tea is the best! It has a “cake-batter” scent. And best of all, it takes like that too! A touch of apple in the back and cinnamon. Real nice.

Don’t know how I feel about this was. It seemed a little bland for my tastes. I plan on trying more of it the next time I steep to see if that improves it :)

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This is the only tea that I’ve eaten, with my fingers, in all of its soggy goodness, after about three piping hot steeps to get every last drop of flavouring out of it. A fan favourite, Forever Nuts adds a good sweet but still authentically nutty flavouring to any combination of teas. I purchased it as a new DavidsTea customer, and it was sold to me by a green employee who told me “it’s really pretty when it steeps pink and sparkly.” What really got me, once I actually brought it home to try it, was the smell. I have a peanut allergy (but not to any other nuts) so I was skeptical of making myself a nut-based beverage. It doesn’t smell like nuts but rather like cane sugar, honey, vanilla, and even strawberries. If this tea is too sweet for you, steep it a bit longer to get a stronger flavour with nuttier undertones. Also makes a great iced tea without any flavouring needed, but if you must, I suggest honey.

Flavors: Coconut, Honey, Honeydew, Stewed Fruits, Vanilla

So, about 2 hours ago I found out that a job I really wanted went to another candidate. I’m still upset, and also a little freaked out that it’s taking me so long to find a job.

Anyways. I’m on the hunt for the perfect caffeine-free tea for the evenings, so this is tonight’s experiment. I love the dried smell of this – I smell almonds, cinnamon, vanilla, and overall it smells like a nice pastry.

Brewed, this wasn’t was I expected. I was prepared for it to steep up a bright magenta based on all of the other reviews here, but instead it was a gentle rose, tinted with amber. The smell of the liquor was very true to the smell of the dried tea. I added a bit of cinnamon honey to make sure it tasted nice and dessert-y.

Unfortunately, the taste doesn’t live up to my expectations. I was hoping for sweet, almondy, marzipanny goodness, but the taste was mild, and the aftertaste was sour.

This was a good experiment, though. I have enough left for one more cup, so I’ll see how it is to steep this up with Big Apple to get Apple Pie tea.

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
teaqueen

I’m job-hunting, too. It’s sooooo stressful. I’m sorry to hear about the job you wanted. Don’t give up, something will work out :)

Also, good luck with your perfect evening tea search!

Hate.
Haaaaate.
I got this to ease the hurt that was left when “Sleigh Ride” went away, as everyone here had assured me that they were really similar. Straight out of the bag it smells nutty and fragrant, but once brewed it tastes awful. My dreams are crushed.

Flavors: Nuts

I don’t really like nuts that much so I was hesitant to try this tea, but since it was one of the 3 most popular, of course I had to! I was pleasantly surprised. It is really good! I love hos its not too overly nutty and its not too fake tasting. It is just the right amount of sweetness. It doesn’t wow me enough to give it 100 but its still very good.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Nuts

5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 7 OZ / 207 ML

This tea is very nice sweetened and over ice. I did try it before adding the sweetener, but it was a little too bitter for me. It might be ok for some other tea drinkers, but I enjoy my fruity flavored teas with some sort of sweetener.