Forever Nuts

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Cinnamon
Almond, Apple, Cinnamon, Brown Sugar, Butter, Nuts, Caramel, Coconut, Honey, Honeydew, Stewed Fruits, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Berries, Cream, Earth, Sweet, Toffee
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “Mmmm, I like all these "Forever Nuts" type of teas with the apple/cinnamon/nut combinations. Though, to be honest the only reason I picked this one out of the other similar ones I have right now is...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1811 tasting notes
  • “I was reading tasting notes, and Christina mentioned mixing this tea with something else to change the aftertaste. She suggested Creme Caramel Rooibos, which I don't have, so I mixed 1 tbsp this...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1424 tasting notes
  • “I think it's been decided that I prefer this over Mom's Apple Pie. (thanks *OMGsrsly*) And Mulberry Magic over Pistachio Cream. And lots of teas over Sugar and Spice. And the Pumpkin Chai is...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1677 tasting notes
  • “Easy sip down! I enjoyed the last of it with some half-and-half (like a lighter cream). It tones down the apple and brought out the nuts and cinnamon more. Yay! I'd totally buy more in the future,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

For almond lovers

It looks all normal when it’s loose. But steep it and you’ll see that it’s nuts. Within seconds, this tempting jumble of almond slices and chunks, apple bits and cinnamon bark starts turning a crazy shade of pink. Why? Because it contains a hint of beetroot. That’s what gives this rich almond tea its earthy depth and its all-natural signature colour. Deliciously nutty, decidedly addictive. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, almonds, cinnamon, beetroot and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Brewed a couple cups to let cool before drinking. Apple and cinnamon oatmeal cookies. Tasty although not my favorite; it is nice to have once in awhile. The best thing is the color – such a beautiful pale cloudy pink.

Fjellrev

“Apple and cinnamon oatmeal cookies” is a great description for this one!

WHOA this tisane is different! The smell of the steeped cup is exactly like a cinnamon roll. Warm cinnamon under sweet sticky vanilla frosting! I just want to keep sniffing it, lol. It tastes nutty, with a warm subtle cinnamon and a hint of vanilla. I’ve always been curious about this tea, but I didn’t expect to enjoy it this much! It’s definitely not something I’d drink very often, but it might be a nice winter evening treat.

Thanks so much to Tealizzy for the sample! :)

Stephanie

Ooh, I want a version of this with coconut in it. Mmmmm

Tealizzy

Glad you liked it! I agree that it smells delicious! Like baked goods! Just was too weird for me.

The first time I ever tried this tea was at the David’s tea in whistler and I’ve been in love with it ever since
I decided I’d brew up a cup to write a review for it and im so glad I did
At the beginning of the sip you can taste The apple and cinnamon which gives it almost an apple cider/ apple frittery taste
Then the nuts hit you in the aftertaste leaving you with a sweet nutty taste
In all an amazing tea (im actually going to buy more in 30 minutes)

HEY GUYS LISTEN UP!
I have just created a new blog
Come check it out at
Teasforlife.blogspot.com

DaisyChubb

Awesome, love the blog style! Keep it up!

wiicked

Thanks!

Update on the decision for the teas in Mum’s store. I had to make some last-second, spur-of-the-moment choices, but I settled on:

-David’s Breakfast
-Assam Banaspaty
-Read My Lips
-Silk Dragon Jasmine (they did not have Daydreamer, I didn’t want anything too crazy, I’m not impressed with many of the greens this season…I hope this one doesn’t suck)
-a small tin of Kanpe
-Forever Nuts

…All of which, with one bottle of agave, came to 91 dollars. I hope Mum really does understand the price difference between this stuff and bagged tea when I go to give her the receipt to pay me back.

(Although if she didn’t previously, I’m nervous about her full realization of what my tea collection must cost…)

But. Anyway. I’ve never tried Forever Nuts! (Or the jasmine green, for that matter; but I’m not the best judge of greens, as I’ve mentioned. I did really like the jasmine in their Jasmine Silver Needles though, so that was the deciding factor in that one.)

So I decided to steep up a cup for myself. I mean, I have to test it, don’t I? The SA did tell me this is their hands-down most popular herbal tea, but you never know.

I flash-chilled this one again – partially to prove to myself that I’ve really got the process down, and partially because it’s incredibly bloody hot right now. This smells like a tea I would generally prefer hot, and I normally make teas hot first, so this deviates from my usual M.O. I also basically steeped the cr@p out of it, as I wasn’t planning on a re-steep.

The dry smell is just amazing. Hard to put into words, other than that it smells like when your mother was making cookies in the fall. Steeped, it’s apple-y, with a strong bottom layer of “almond cinnamon cookie.” I definitely think this would be a better “hot” tea, but it’s surprisingly refreshing cold as well, like cold apple cider or something.

A definite purchase at some point in the future when I’ve pared down my collection some. But it’s not overwhelmingly awesome enough at this point that I’m going to go back for my own stash just yet.

The smell of this in the tin (and, to a lesser degree, steeped) just makes me want to grab handfuls and eat it. It’s got a lovely sweet-slightly spicy-earthy-nutty smell that makes me so happy.

I know some people have issues with the pink from the beetroot, but I’m just happy it’s not from hibiscus. And I like that it gives it some colour, because I have a feeling that otherwise it’d just be slightly murky clear liquid, and that’s just sad.

The taste is interesting. I don’t pick up too much apple at first – mostly just a vaguely warm, sweet nuttiness. The spices aren’t hot, just warming. The earthy bitterness of the nuts goes well with the natural sweetness of everything else. Very delicate, almost weak, but next time I’ll try steeping it longer.

Michelle Butler Hallett

I’m with you on beetroot vs hibiscus. Oh my lord, hibiscus would wreck this tea.

mirthmatter

Hibiscus pretty much ruins every tea.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Yes. Yes, it does.

Why oh why does it have to taste so good? Darn it. Every Davids Tea I try is awesome and yet soooo far away and hard to get. Ladykittykat did me a huge favor and sent me several teas that i didn’t include in my last order. And of course, I only got a sample of this one and I love it. Oh well. I need to drink the tea I have and then I can think of another mondo order.

2 heaping tsp/12 oz/8 min.

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more
Uniquity

I gotta say, I live near one so don’t have to worry about shipping costs but I can easily spend oger $50 accidentally. And often! But, it is one of my go to tea shops, so I guess that makes it easier to justify, somehow!

aisling of tea

Always happy to send off another package! Forever Nuts is one of De’s favorites!

Kristin

Thanks to both of you. I figured I’d try to deplete my tea supply and then I would easily be able to hit the $50 mark. :) But, I might definitely take you up on that offer sometime if I start craving one.

This was my saviour after Pink Passionfruit on Tuesday.

Not a darn thing wrong with this tea, I’ll tell ya. It’s great hot, it tastes good cool or iced, it’s pink, and it just plain tastes awesome with the few basic ingredients it has.

I received this sample from softrevolution. I was expecting a delicious nutty tea. upon smelling this tea I realized it smells exactly like apple crisp. once steeped it keeps this scent. if it tastes anything like it smells I can’t wait to try it. first sip and woah… this tastes exactly like my mom’s apple crisp it is too delicious for words. the only thing it’s missing is the occasional crunch of oatmeal. otherwise I swear I am eating apple crisp.
I am pleasantly surprised with the unexpected flavour and this will definitely be added to my permanent collection, especially for the fall!
thank you so much softrevolution!!!

Boiling

So, I decided to try something different. An employee had suggested some time ago to try this as an iced latte.
I find I like the flavour of most teas cold-brewed rather than iced, so I gave this a try.
I cold-brewed 2-3 tsp of Forever nuts for about 18 hours in the fridge in 1 cup of water. I added 0.5 cup of milk.
It was pretty good, a nice treat, but I like it hot plain, with milk, or with eggnog better.

Nickie

This is on my list of “next purchases” from Davids! Can’t wait to try it.

So it looks like every company has a version of this type of tea: Tiesta’s Nutty Almond Cream, Davidstea Forever Nuts. I think most of them have a version. I didn’t buy a bag of this but two of the sachets came in a sample set I bought and I brought the set into work. While loose tea is great, bagged is definitely easier at work. This is a nice apple-based tea with creamy almond notes. I add sweetener because I have a major sweet tooth but I’m sure many would enjoy this plain.

I got the Tiesta version for a ridiculously good price during Black Friday and I hope it lasts till this year’s holiday because I think it’s the cheapest I’ve seen this type of blend. Though if Davidstea had this on sale for any reason, I’d certainly stock up (doubtful given it’s popularity).