Forever Nuts

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Cinnamon
Coconut, Honey, Honeydew, Stewed Fruits, Vanilla, Nuts, Cinnamon, Baked Bread, Berries, Cream, Earth
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Mmmm, I like all these "Forever Nuts" type of teas with the apple/cinnamon/nut combinations. Though, to be honest the only reason I picked this one out of the other similar ones I have right now is...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1188 tasting notes
  • “I steeped this A Long Time, and added some coconut cream. When it was nice and hot it was sweet and creamy and delicious. Now that it's cooling, it's getting a little sour. So weird. Is it the...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1169 tasting notes
  • “I think it's been decided that I prefer this over Mom's Apple Pie. (thanks *OMGsrsly*) And Mulberry Magic over Pistachio Cream. And lots of teas over Sugar and Spice. And the Pumpkin Chai is...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1409 tasting notes
  • “Easy sip down! I enjoyed the last of it with some half-and-half (like a lighter cream). It tones down the apple and brought out the nuts and cinnamon more. Yay! I'd totally buy more in the future,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 757 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

For almond lovers

It looks all normal when it’s loose. But steep it and you’ll see that it’s nuts. Within seconds, this tempting jumble of almond slices and chunks, apple bits and cinnamon bark starts turning a crazy shade of pink. Why? Because it contains a hint of beetroot. That’s what gives this rich almond tea its earthy depth and its all-natural signature colour. Deliciously nutty, decidedly addictive. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, almonds, cinnamon, beetroot and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Opening a package of Forever Nuts should include background music. The smell is SO good that sometimes I find myself just hovering over the teacup (or opened bag), bathing in the steam until my glasses fog up.

If you like a rich nut flavor, then you’ll love Forever Nuts. I’m a big sugar and cream with tea person but this is naturally sweet and almost has a buttery taste when hot. However when it starts to cool, the flavor changes a little and the apple stands out more. This is definitely going in my top 5 favorites (Thanks VariaTEA)!

VariaTEA

YAY! I am glad you liked it. I loved it when I first tried it and then developed a strange aversion. Luckily that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

Suziqzer

ok… so I need to stop reading your tasting notes… Lol.

I think the mate tea that I got from DT was the last from that company that I had tried…..And that before that I was having trouble with the almost consistant graham cracker taste so I decided to just avoid it completely for a while and then slowly try them, like 1 a week.
Yes, I do taste a graham cracker taste, but it’s not really bothering me. I do taste the nutty taste, and I used my rock sugar to amp up the flavor. I think this would taste pretty good made as a tea latte, with regular milk, almond milk or some non dairy cream….
Not sure if I could actually buy this because while I do like it, I don’t think I could bear to have it more then maybe once in a great while. Hmm maybe my Dad would like it:)

You know those candied, roasted nuts that street vendors sell? Well, that’s exactly what this tea smells like.

Imagine if someone figured out a way to juice those candied nuts and then served that juice hot. That’s exactly what this tastes like.

It’s sweet, cinnamon-y, and delicious. As other reviewers have mentioned, it’s not a “tea”-tea (there are no actual tea leaves in the bled), but as an herbal, it’s simply outstanding.

I’ve gotten two coworkers addicted to this this stuff, too!

Not a blend I would try again. Personally, I think it needs a new name. I was shocked to know it’s really not a nutty blend. The look, and the feel resemble what their name states. However, the flavours I get from it is more cinnamon and apple. Also, the smell reminds me of a cinnamon cookie of some sort.

I agree with some of the other tasting notes for this blend: it does remind me of just a glass of very, very weak apple cider, even though it turns into a beautiful red liquid when steeped. I would most likely pick their Toasted Walnut over this blend any day.

Em

That sounds disappointing :/

The Cup of Life - Lu Ann

I love their Toasted Walnut blend though, so it’s hard to compete with it! :)

Sharing a nighttime cup with my bird Elton :) (everything in it is safe for, or even GOOD for him. he gets to eat the nuts and fruit after we’re done with it!)

Faith

Awe, that’s so cute! Tea time with your bird…

Ceylon Star

LOVE that you share with your bird. I share with my pony, haha! I wish I’d been a tea junkie when my lovebird was still alive, I bet Baritone (aka Billy) would have loved forever nuts!

If you are not a huge fan of a nutty flavor in your tea, then this is not the tea for you. It is a herbal tea, but it’s all about the nutty flavor. That is all I taste…and I love it! It left a really nice aroma in my vehicle this morning too :)

Nik

Mmm…nutty teas. I’d probably experiment and blend the nutty tea with a spicy tea to have a nutty spicy tea. Looks like this one’s already on my shopping list! =)

The second i smelt it I was sold. It smelt sweet and floral and had hints of all the spices I love. When first drinking i loved this tea, but over time my love has declined.

The first thing that upset me was the artificial flavoring on the packet. There are ways to get a tea like this to smell and taste great without having to add chemicals. That artificial flavoring also only ads sent it really doesn’t enhance the taste.

The tea actually tastes week for my liking. It is sweet and the smell is amazing, but it just doesn’t do it for me. Let me know what you think.

Daisy you hit the nail on the head….mini-donuts!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more
DaisyChubb

Yay taste buddies!

Okay, I think I really like this. I’ve smelled it a couple times before but have been put off because I know it’s a heavy tea and wouldn’t make that many cups. I finally bought some a few days ago and had a chance to try it this morning. I accidentally poured too much water into the teapot for the size mugs the beau and I were drinking from, so I ended up with 2 cups, one steeped at 4 or 5 minutes, and one steeped at 15 minutes. The first cup was lovely and mild, reminiscent of an apple crumble or some other yummy dessert. Really good! The second had a much stronger flavour that I can only assume was the beetroot. I also enjoyed this cuppa, but found it a little more tart than the first, the obvious result of leaving the tea in the pot so long. In general, I quite enjoyed this. The beau says it’s not a re-buy, but I think it might be, especially since Night Out has been discontinued (a travesty, by the way).

Boiling
Kristin

I keep trying to figure out if these are the same teas:

I think I prefer Teavana’s Caramel Almond Amaretti. This one has a tartness that the other doesn’t – possibly because the ratio of apple to other things is higher in this tea.

It’s still a good tea. I’m going to have to brew them side-by-side to better compare.

ETA: I just brewed a mug of Caramel Almond Amaretti. Forever Nuts is definitely tarter. The almond and cinnamon flavor is stronger in the Teavana tea. I also smelled the dried tea – the Teavana tea also smells more complex – more spices and flavors than David’s Tea. Interesting.

Christina

I like your comparison of the two frequently compared teas. :)

Christina

Oh yeah, if you’d like more of Teavana’s Caramel Almond Amaretti, let me know. I can send more!

Debbie

Thanks! Though I honestly need to work through what I have so far. Gah, I need to stop buying more tea!