Forever Nuts

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Cinnamon
Apple, Berry, Cinnamon, Cream, Fruity, Nutty, Almond, Brown Sugar, Butter, Nuts, Caramel, Coconut, Honey, Honeydew, Stewed Fruits, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Berries, Earth, Sweet, Toffee
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “Mmmm, I like all these "Forever Nuts" type of teas with the apple/cinnamon/nut combinations. Though, to be honest the only reason I picked this one out of the other similar ones I have right now is...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1928 tasting notes
  • “I was reading tasting notes, and Christina mentioned mixing this tea with something else to change the aftertaste. She suggested Creme Caramel Rooibos, which I don't have, so I mixed 1 tbsp this...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1457 tasting notes
  • “I think it's been decided that I prefer this over Mom's Apple Pie. (thanks *OMGsrsly*) And Mulberry Magic over Pistachio Cream. And lots of teas over Sugar and Spice. And the Pumpkin Chai is...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1691 tasting notes
  • “Easy sip down! I enjoyed the last of it with some half-and-half (like a lighter cream). It tones down the apple and brought out the nuts and cinnamon more. Yay! I'd totally buy more in the future,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 765 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

For almond lovers

It looks all normal when it’s loose. But steep it and you’ll see that it’s nuts. Within seconds, this tempting jumble of almond slices and chunks, apple bits and cinnamon bark starts turning a crazy shade of pink. Why? Because it contains a hint of beetroot. That’s what gives this rich almond tea its earthy depth and its all-natural signature colour. Deliciously nutty, decidedly addictive. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, almonds, cinnamon, beetroot and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This deliciously nutty tisane brews an interesting pink color due to the inclusion of beet root.

The aroma makes this tisane very approachable for coffee drinkers, but it’s not strong enough for those who like their java black as it can be. Those who enjoy milk and sugar in their coffees may well like this cuppa.

I really enjoy this drink. Mostly hot, not as much iced. The aroma clearly reminds of a cinnabon or an oatmeal cookie, and the flavor is nutty with hints of sweetness which I presume comes from the beet root.

It is worth noting that you won’t get more than two flavorful steeps from Forever Nuts.

Give this one a try. You may well find a new favorite.

I can’t believe I forgot my tasting note for this tea! In a word: yummy. Mild, mostly apple, with just a hint of nuts. Maybe I was imagining the nut flavor based on the name, but whatever. I got a glimpse of the crazy pink color, but I was pouring it in my stainless steel to-go mug so I only literally got a glimpse. I bet it is gorgeous in a clear mug.

My one quibble is actually about the color. Knowing it had beetroot in it for color made me sure I could taste beets. Not my favorite food, even when drowned in a good dill vinaigrette and accompanied with gorgonzola cheese. Every sip, I’d have ghosts of beet chasing the apple flavor. Enough so that I had to wonder, ‘did I just taste beet? How about now? Or now?’ It got rather annoying. I would much prefer a different color tea without beet. Since I clearly cannot be trusted to separate the idea of what I may taste with what I’m actually tasting.

Had this last night after a scary incident of losing one of my cats (still a kitten really) for a couple hours. It looks like she slipped out the front door when I got home and I found her (after much searching) on the steps leading up the next floor (we rent a condo). She was curled up in a little ball and looked miserable. I felt horrible but I’m so glad she didn’t go far. She does have a microchip and a collar but still… Anyway so I needed a nice cup of tea to calm me down.

I really loved the flavor, nutty and a lovely bit of cinnamon (which I love in tea). I also love the color change, tea should be fun. :) I’m a big fan of sprinkles in flavored teas as well! I’d definitely love to have more of this on hand, it was enjoyable to drink.

Kittenna

Glad the kitty was found! It’s a nightmare scenario for me :(

This doesn’t smell or taste anything like nuts, but rather like apple crumble. I loooove it, and I hate most herbal teas. Might need to pick up a bag of this!

I’ve put off getting this tea for a while cause a nutty tea just seemed like such a strange concept to me. But the other day, after smelling it at the store I picked up a cup and WOW – it was soooooo good. So of course, I had to pick up some for myself. Fast forward to now, I’m sitting here sipping on a mug of Forever Nuts, thinking about how the flavours make this is such an appropriate fall tea. Outside my window, the falling leaves are all golden, orange and red.

I brewed this one for quite a short time on the first brew (4 mins, the low end of their recommended steeping time). The flavour is quite strong (which I prefer); delicious. It’s like indulging on an apple crisp without the calories. And the best part is: you can have it all day; all the time! This was also really pretty to look at as it steeped as it turned a pink-red hue.

On the second brew, I still got a strong flavour, slightly less than the first (and a bit lighter in color), but still tasty. The strength may be because a) I didn’t steep it for very long the first time and b) I left it steeping for a really long time. It’s definitely lost some of the nutty almond-ness, so the apple flavour is dominant.

This is one that I will be repurchasing for sure!

First brewing (4 mins)
Look: brilliant deep pink – red
Smell: nutty almond, apple crisp, toasty almond
Additions: white sugar

Second brewing (~15 min)
Smell: apple
Look: still strong pink/light red color
Additions: brown sugar
Taste: apple, apple crisp/pie

On an random note, does anybody eat this tisane? I’ll admit that I couldn’t help but snack on it hehe..

Teavangelical

my bird and i will often share a cup of this while he snacks on the almonds and apples from my infuser. it’s one of my favourites for that and many other reasons. also, i love making a forever nuts latte first thing in the morning in a clear mug. definitely gets people curious about what you’re drinking :)

amaranthos

Nice! Sometimes I have to stop myself from eating the dry nuts from my infuser prior to making my tea.
Oooo, I’ve never thought of using this tea in a latte. Cool idea! I think I’ll have to try that out someday. What proportions do you use?

This is tea is so delicious! Smells like the candied nuts that the carts sell in NYC. Makes the whole house smell of fall!

Finn88

This one is one of my favorites from David’s Tea. Delish.

First tea of the day and it did not disappoint, This wonderful smooth pink elixir is full of nutty goodness!!!! it smells of toasted nuts at the mall, you know the ones there roasting in sugar and cinnamon in the center of the mall that you cant help but follow your nose too! Or maybe that’s just me.

I will say the almonds when you first take a sip is there and then it moves to cinnamon and leaves this floral taste on your tongue.

I was so Excited when this tea turned a beautiful pink I kept thinking this is a clear glass teapot tea! It happens to be the beetroot in this tea that makes this beautiful color, Which makes me want to bake with it!

I really hated this tea a few years ago when I first tried it, but I gave it a shot again this year and I love it! As people have mentioned below, it smells like apple pie. It is the perfect tea for this time of year, when Christmas is over, but you still want warmth and comfort :).

To sum this one up in one word: delicious! The smell from opening the package reminded me of cinnamon doughnuts! I couldn’t help but make some right away. I steeped for six minutes and got a good flavor out of it. The almond and cinnamon tastes were predominant. The taste reminds me of an oatmeal cookie! I also added a touch of cream and it enhanced the flavor. This is a comforting tea for me and it’s nice when I want to have a bit of something sweet.

Forget adding milk.
Frothed coconut milk is the way to go ;D
Best thing ever!

CrowKettle

I’ve never dreamt of adding milk, let alone coconut milk. Both sound amazing!