Forever Nuts

Fruit Herbal Blend
Almond, Apple, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Cinnamon
Apple, Berry, Cinnamon, Cream, Fruity, Nutty, Almond, Brown Sugar, Butter, Nuts, Caramel, Coconut, Honey, Honeydew, Stewed Fruits, Vanilla, Baked Bread, Berries, Earth, Sweet, Toffee
Loose Leaf, Sachet
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by madametj

• “Mmmm, I like all these "Forever Nuts" type of teas with the apple/cinnamon/nut combinations. Though, to be honest the only reason I picked this one out of the other similar ones I have right now is...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1945 tasting notes
  • “I was reading tasting notes, and Christina mentioned mixing this tea with something else to change the aftertaste. She suggested Creme Caramel Rooibos, which I don't have, so I mixed 1 tbsp this...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1472 tasting notes
  • “I think it's been decided that I prefer this over Mom's Apple Pie. (thanks *OMGsrsly*) And Mulberry Magic over Pistachio Cream. And lots of teas over Sugar and Spice. And the Pumpkin Chai is...” Read full tasting note
    cavocorax 1698 tasting notes
  • “Easy sip down! I enjoyed the last of it with some half-and-half (like a lighter cream). It tones down the apple and brought out the nuts and cinnamon more. Yay! I'd totally buy more in the future,...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 780 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

For almond lovers

It looks all normal when it’s loose. But steep it and you’ll see that it’s nuts. Within seconds, this tempting jumble of almond slices and chunks, apple bits and cinnamon bark starts turning a crazy shade of pink. Why? Because it contains a hint of beetroot. That’s what gives this rich almond tea its earthy depth and its all-natural signature colour. Deliciously nutty, decidedly addictive. Caffeine-free.

Ingredients: Apple, almonds, cinnamon, beetroot and artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ok I have to say the name got me on this one. I thought why not get it… Upon the first smell it smelled liked stuffed baked apples- you know where you put a walnut buttery,cinnamon mix inside an apple and bake it… yup that is what this smells like to me! Smells nice and warm and delicious!

After steeping it had a bit more apple smell but still smelled really nutty. The first taste did remind me of apple cider although a bit weak. Overall I enjoyed this tea I just wish it would taste more like the smell… I wanted more of the buttery and nutty flavor but all I mainly tasted was the apple. Maybe next time I will steep for a shorter amount of time.

I really like this tea. It smells like oatmeal cookie and tastes sweet. I guess it’s rather weak for those who likes their tea strong, like my husband. But I like this pink colour and sweet taste, it’s comforting and makes my tummy warm.

Smells like apple pie!!!
It tastes okay, but I definitely need to brew it longer next time.

runaway_teapot

Tried again, steeped for 8 minutes this time but still no flavor :(

runaway_teapot

Tried adding sugar, which brought out the flavors finally!

1933 tasting notes

Ever since I started with my tea obsession, I have been searching for that amazing caffeine-free tea I can enjoy at any time of the day. I have tried many teas (most of which come from either DAVIDs or Teavana) and although I have found many teas that I love, there is yet to be a caffeine-free tea that I have fallen in love with and simply must have. So yesterday when I was in DAVIDsTEA I asked the saleswoman what caffeine-free tea she suggested and so she handed me Forever Nuts.

Bringing home my new bag of teas, I was so excited to try each and everyone one of them. I tried a couple of other teas first as they were caffeinated and I worried about having them too late but now its time to try Forever Nuts. First thing I noticed is the pretty pink coloring as the tea brewed. Next I got a whiff of the amazing nutty scent with a hint of cinnamon. So far this tea is looking good, but what about the taste? I definitely can taste both the nuts and the apples! These flavors combine well to give the tea both a nutty flavor and a subtle sweetness. I smell the cinnamon far more than I actually taste it but nonetheless I think the flavors all marry quite nicely. I am not sure if it is the caffeine-free tea I have been dreaming about but it is definitely something I will be reaching for time and time again.

Yay for herbal tea experimentation! When I smelled this in store, I was immediately drooling. Smells like baked goods with a warm, cinnamon-y, nutty smell. Apple is also in there somewhere. I kinda wanted to just eat some right then and there (it looks like trail mix!), but I resisted and waited to get home to brew it up “properly”.

Anyway, the tea smells the same but almost stronger. After the initial 5-6ish minutes of steeping, the color definitely was pink as the description promised. However, the taste was not as strong as the smell and I found it to be watery tasting. I still loved it, so I let it steep while I worked on stuff. Steeping longer definitely helped with the watery-ness, but then my tea had cooled off! Maybe next time I’ll double up and see what happens. I think this may be my new favorite herbal (although I find myself saying this constantly these days..)

Dudes. Steepsterites. Fellow tea-drinkers.

I’ve been absent from here for a while now… two months, I think? Life just got crazy around here, plus it was (still is?) summer, which means that I’ve been busy keeping 2 little people under 3 preoccupied. Then there was the trip to the emergency room because my gall-bladder felt like a “bag o’ marbles” (exact words the consulting surgeon used when he described it after an ultrasound), then the subsequent Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (or E.R.C.P. for short) which removed 5 stones from my common bile duct, but still left the 2.5cm beast lodged in the opening of my gall bladder. The E.R.C.P. seemed successful and I was able to eat again… something I haven’t been able to normally do in over a year.

Then, a week ago I went in for the gallbladder removal surgery, and at long last the stomach issues that have been plaguing me since New Year’s Day 2007 are over. And this leads me to tea… something I haven’t really had a lot of since: a) it’s been so hot out, b) all the teas I have been drinking I’ve reviewed dozens of times already, and c) with my stomach so messed up I wasn’t really sure I should be drinking tea at all (although I still did).

Yesterday I packed up my babes and headed downtown to make use of the “get 50g of FREE tea with the purchase of a travel mug” and since my husband uses all the travel mugs for coffee, I thought it might be time to buy one made just for tea. Forever Nuts was the TOTD, they were offering samples, and I can’t say I’ve ever had some before! It’s not the tea I got 50g of (that would be Milk Oolong… yum, yum), and it didn’t really grab me, but I can see why people like it and think it tastes like apple crisp or pie. Yummy, but not sure I’d buy it.

And here’s to trying more teas again! At long last.

This really does taste just like Teavana’s Caramel Almond Amaretti. So glad, because I love that one.

Love, love, LOVE this tea!!! There is something just so cozy about it! The smell, taste, even the colour just make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. To me, it tastes like apple crumble. And I love pink so win-win :) IMHO if you are going to try just one tea from DAVIDs, make it this one!!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

This morning, I had day 12 of the advent calendar:) For days I have been smelling the delicious aroma of banana bread from this little tin. I decided that today I would make a pot of this tea. I was surprised to see this one come out pink, much like the sleigh ride. The taste was both nutty and flowery. I like it hot better than cold.

it is a little too sweet for me, but not enough to say i don’t love it. it tastes like pecan pie. who doesn’t love pecan pie?! what a great before bed treat. xo