Bear Trap

Fruit Herbal Blend
Berries, Berry, Tart, Fruity, Citrus, Black Currant, Blackberry, Cranberry, Floral, Sweet, Tangy, Raisins, Raspberry
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

It’ll work every time

Seriously, this might be the best way to stop a bear in its tracks. They love berries, and this tea is full of them. The aroma of black currants, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries is totally irresistible. Plus it’s calming, which is important when taming wild animals. Just don’t try to take it away from them.

Ingredients: Elderberries, apples, rosehips, blackcurrant, raisins, strawberry leaves, lemon verbena, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries, papaya (papaya, sugar), natural and artificial flavouring.*

About DAVIDsTEA View company

DAVID’s Tea Advent Calendar Day 12:

I didn’t care too much for this one. Hibiscus? I can’t stand hibiscus. AS is cooled, I appreciated it a little more. Still too zing-y tart for me. As a diabetic I avoid putting sweeteners in my tea. I might try as a cold brew another time. I can see how it could be refreshing on a hot day. Not that we’re expecting any of those in the next 5 months…

I want to like this one (and in fairness it’s not terrible — the aftertaste is really lovely with strong strawberry, blackberry, and raspberry notes) but I cannot get over the tartness of this. It’s not even that I’m a huge hater of tart teas, but there’s something about the acidity of this that just reminds me of vomit and (unsurprisingly) that’s kind of off-putting. It also kind of reminds me of haskap berries, which in turn reminds me of tomato, which I hate. All around, not a winner, but I will give credit to the aftertaste.

Day 12 of the 2016 advent calendar! Already halfway and a bit of a trip down memory lane with this one, since it was my first ever tea I tried from David’s! My boyfriend took me out to the local David’s in uptown Waterloo and at that time I wasn’t particularly interested in tea, but he bought a bag of this and I tried some one morning when he was out writing a final. ANYWAYS, this tea smells super fruity and I’m very excited to try it.

For some reason there was… grease in my sampler tin, weird. Regardless, when its steeped it turns this pretty magenta-ish color and smells a bit like a berry punch. In fact, it also tastes a lot like a berry punch. It’s pretty excellent over ice, too.

Overall, I think that this tea is good hot or iced, but I prefer it cold with a bit of sweetener added. I’m surprised that I just skipped over this one for so long, I’ll have to get some with my next order!

I got a free 50 g bag of this tea several months ago when I redeemed my frequent steeper points. I first tried it hot and thought it was okay. No matter how long or short of a time I steep it, I get a distinctly strong and tart berry flavour. Then, I tried it iced. The tart flavour is much stronger when this tea is iced. I don’t crave it or love it. DavidsTea has much better iced teas that I like a lot more so I will probably not be repurchasing this but will gladly use it up.

Flavors: Berries, Berry, Tart

Iced 8 min or more

Bought this to cold brew as an iced tea. Drinking it hot today. It is fairly tasty with a mix of fruit flavors. I’m not really sure what I’m tasting and it comes off a bit artificial. I think it will be much better as an iced tea.

I brewed this one time in a 16oz Teavana Glass Perfect Tea Maker/Gravity Steeper with 3 tsp leaf and boiling water for 5 minutes.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

This tea reminds me a lot of Yogi Berry from DT but without the terrible aftertaste.

Though this is a herbal instead of an oolong it smells nearly Identical and has a lot of the same flavors that go along with the Yogi Berry. I couldn’t stand the Yogi, but this Bear Trap is actually quite nice. I expect it will be very good once it gets cold and I need something to sweeten up my day after a long icy walk home.

This morning I was rather tired and wanted just another 5 minutes of sleep so I set a timer and went back to bed. Unfortunately, I forgot to press start and slept through class. Good news though? It gave me time to have a nice breakfast and make some tea before heading off to my afternoon classes.

I decided to take a teapop with me so I iced this and mixed it with Buddha bamboo, topped it with a can of Perrier and off I went.

This made for a refreshing treat throughout the day. The Berry was bright and the bamboo provided a freshness, all of which combined wonderfully with the carbonation to make for one tasty teapop.

I was not a fan of this tea hot but it’s not too shabby iced.

This is the first tea I ever tried from DavidsTea.
It has a very strong berry taste, great with a dash of sugar.

Flavors: Berry, Fruity

This smells like fruity bubble gum, I was lured in and trapped by the scent. I over steeped it the first brew into an almost straight hibiscus tea. 4-5mins worked better than the bajillion I did the first time. Berry flavour hits the front of the tongue first, then a tartness hits the centre, finally the bubble gum flavour hits the back of the tongue. The flavour is reminiscent of Juicy Fruit (as far as I can recall, it’s been a good 15 years since I actually chewed it).If you swish or hold the tea in your mouth it actually starts to taste like over-chewed gum, weird.

Flavors: Fruity, Fruity, Tart, Tart