Bear Trap

Fruit Herbal Blend
Berry, Fruity, Tart, Citrus, Black Currant, Blackberry, Cranberry, Berries, Floral, Sweet, Tangy, Raisins, Raspberry
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

It’ll work every time

Seriously, this might be the best way to stop a bear in its tracks. They love berries, and this tea is full of them. The aroma of black currants, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries is totally irresistible. Plus it’s calming, which is important when taming wild animals. Just don’t try to take it away from them.

Ingredients: Elderberries, apples, rosehips, blackcurrant, raisins, strawberry leaves, lemon verbena, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries, papaya (papaya, sugar), natural and artificial flavouring.*

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea reminds me a lot of Yogi Berry from DT but without the terrible aftertaste.

Though this is a herbal instead of an oolong it smells nearly Identical and has a lot of the same flavors that go along with the Yogi Berry. I couldn’t stand the Yogi, but this Bear Trap is actually quite nice. I expect it will be very good once it gets cold and I need something to sweeten up my day after a long icy walk home.

This morning I was rather tired and wanted just another 5 minutes of sleep so I set a timer and went back to bed. Unfortunately, I forgot to press start and slept through class. Good news though? It gave me time to have a nice breakfast and make some tea before heading off to my afternoon classes.

I decided to take a teapop with me so I iced this and mixed it with Buddha bamboo, topped it with a can of Perrier and off I went.

This made for a refreshing treat throughout the day. The Berry was bright and the bamboo provided a freshness, all of which combined wonderfully with the carbonation to make for one tasty teapop.

I was not a fan of this tea hot but it’s not too shabby iced.

This is the first tea I ever tried from DavidsTea.
It has a very strong berry taste, great with a dash of sugar.

Flavors: Berry, Fruity

This smells like fruity bubble gum, I was lured in and trapped by the scent. I over steeped it the first brew into an almost straight hibiscus tea. 4-5mins worked better than the bajillion I did the first time. Berry flavour hits the front of the tongue first, then a tartness hits the centre, finally the bubble gum flavour hits the back of the tongue. The flavour is reminiscent of Juicy Fruit (as far as I can recall, it’s been a good 15 years since I actually chewed it).If you swish or hold the tea in your mouth it actually starts to taste like over-chewed gum, weird.

Flavors: Fruity, Fruity, Tart, Tart

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

On the 7th day of sipdowns…

I had enough for two cups of this today but it was mostly just the little non-berry bits so it was a bit weak on the fruity flavor but eh. This time it still tastes like berries, blackberries, lingonberries or cranberries possibly, and a faint flavor of…currants? I like it but it’s been sitting in my collection for a bit too long and it was time for it to finally go!

Flavors: Black Currant, Blackberry, Cranberry

This isn’t an herbal tea that I’d repurchase. I can’t quite put my finger on it but there’s something about this tea that I just don’t care for. Maybe there are too many berries in the blend? Maybe it’s the lemon verbena or the raisins? I can’t distinguish which flavor I don’t enjoy because there are so many ingredients in this blend. I thought this would be a go-to for iced tea this summer, but it just misses the mark. I’ve only tried it once, and I’ll be selling what’s left of my 2-ounce bag soon. There are too many other herbal teas that I’d rather keep in my collection.

A flavorful tea which was a birthday present from friends who have no clue as to what loose leaf tea is. I am not sure how they picked out this perfect fruit infusion tea but I am glad it is here! I love this tea for the fullness of flavor in it and look forward to it warming up and becoming a staple in one of my iced teas collections.

Books recommended for this tea are:
Tis by Frank McCourt, Always Running by Luis J Rodriguez, Chobits series by CLAMP

One of my favourite fruit based teas. I fell in love with the smell of berries in the store, and can completely visualize the reason behind the name – any bear would be attracted to the sweet smell of the dry tea! That said, I find that the sweetness doesn’t quite translate into the brewed tea, so this is definitely best drank slightly sweetened with honey or whatever your ‘poison’ of choice might be. It feels like its one of those teas where you might have to use more than the recommended dose to really satisfy. Overall, its a fragrant but girly tea – my partner did not like this in the least, but thats okay – best saved for girl talk occasions ;)

Flavors: Berries, Floral, Fruity, Sweet, Tangy

My roommate bought this last spring on a trip to NYC, she couldn’t drink it any more because it gives her migraines. I made it for the first time today and she gave it to me about a month ago…oops. I just didn’t know how i felt about this tea. I think I added too much sugar. The hibiscus in this tea tasted funky because of all the sugar.