Bear Trap

Berry, Raisins, Raspberry
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From DAVIDsTEA

It’ll work every time

Seriously, this might be the best way to stop a bear in its tracks. They love berries, and this tea is full of them. The aroma of black currants, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries is totally irresistible. Plus it’s calming, which is important when taming wild animals. Just don’t try to take it away from them.

Ingredients: Elderberries, apples, rosehips, blackcurrant, raisins, strawberry leaves, lemon verbena, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries, papaya (papaya, sugar), natural and artificial flavouring.*

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Herbal TTB – I think this would be excellent iced. Hot, i get the feeling that some of the flavors are hiding. Very pleasant. I could see buying this from time to time. Currently, I am collecting quite the amount of tea! I am close to hitting the $500 I thought I was going to spend on tea in a year, crazy how quick it adds up!

yyz

It is!

Another Herbal TTB special, smelling strongly of strawberries, mostly. The taste is much the same. I wonder, though, how it would taste cold?

This is a very tart tea, I definitely recommend sweetening this one. Lots of berry flavor and is great warm or cold. Cute name too :)

Flavors: Berry

1928 tasting notes

So this was meant to be my “safe” tea pop because I fully expected to not like the Lapsang Souchong one (and I was right) and this seemed like a good fit for something tasty, plus I had never had it before so trying something new seemed appealing too.

Honestly, I really think that I may have liked the LS one better! I drank half the LS one but I don’t think I even cracked a third of this one. I just felt like gagging the whole time and I had the most difficult time placing why. I got distinct berry flavours from it; especially raspberries. And normally I’m really a berry fan, so what was the deal? Well I had forgotten that there are quite a few raisins in this which is WHY I’ve never had it before. I think that may have been why it was so unappealing to me.

I don’t know; it’s hard to explain. Now that I’m looking at the ingredients list I can see how nearly everything listed was noticeable: blackberry, elderberry, raspberry, apple, cherry, black current, papaya, etc. but I really found the whole thing muddled and gnarly when I was blindly drinking it. I don’t think the carbonation helped much either.

So this one isn’t for me and I think I pretty definitively know that now. It’s a shame; I’d like to like this one…

Flavors: Raisins, Raspberry

Iced tea sipdown!

I’m anticipating getting a lot of stuff in the mail soon – swap packages from others, plus my RiverTea order – so I’m trying to finish some one-offs. Up next was this tea.

I tried it first steeped hot, and that tasted really rosehippy, so I decided to do the remainder iced. It’s still quite tart, but the flavour is… deeper, somehow.

Also, I really wanted something cold after trying to force all of this hot tea down my throat. Need something a bit gentler.

I like this better as a coldbrew, so I’m bumping up the rating a bit.

I’m a little disappointed in this tea. Not that it isn’t good, because it is. But it tastes very similar to the Redberry Tonic, also by Davids Tea. The two smell and taste nearly the same to me. If I was blindfolded and given a sample of each tea, I don’t think I could tell the difference.

I brewed this according to the directions and sweetened it with a little rock sugar. The tea is lovely, but the lack of variation is a bummer. Buy one or the other if you like this style. No need for both.

My husband ordered a to-go cup of this and I coerced him into letting me try a sip. It was okay. A bit weaker than I expected. The barista hot steeped it and poured it over ice, unsweetened per the hubby’s request. I’ve taught him well. ;) Anyway, I’m glad this was his tea and that I got something different. I much preferred the Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait. Although I’m sure if I had steeped the tea myself, I probably could have gotten more flavor out of it. I usually overleaf my teas, especially if they’ll ultimately be diluted with ice. But the hubby enjoyed his tea more than mine, so I guess we picked the right one for ourselves!

Iced

Caffeine Free Tea Box

Not impressed. But then again I’m not a big fan of fruit teas. I might just skip trying these teas hot altogether and just go straight to iced, because this is not working out. __

This tea looks pretty and smells amazingggg. The first time I brewed it I was a little disappointed that it didn’t taste as good as it smelled. Though, it tasted better as it cooled. The second time, I made it a bit stronger and it tasted a lot better. I still think it may be really good iced.

I bought this tea for my brother for christmas. I tried a bit and even though there isn’t any hibiscus, it tastes like there is. This may be good iced with some sugar, but its too tart for me. Im glad he likes it, though!