Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Sugar, Citrus, Clove, Smoke, Caramel, Lemon, Malt, Sweet, Vanilla, Astringent, Floral, Spicy, Chocolate, Orange, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

So this is my first Steepster post. Hello.
This is my second cup of this today. I had one in the morning before school and I didn’t get to finish it, so now I’m finishing what I started.
I’m very pleased with it, it’s relaxing and energizing at the same time. It’ll keep me up for the work I have to do tonight, but it definitely calmed me down from the rough day behind me.
So yes the tea. I actually really enjoy it, although at first I admit I didn’t think I would. This is my first black tea. It happens to be one of my favorites now. Definitely going to get a tin of this for the winter!

Ost

Hi! Welcome to Steepster!! :D

Cameron B.

Welcome! Blacks tea are my favorites. :)

Cameron B.

*Black teas… HAH. :P

NessaRose

@Ost Thank you! I’m sure I’ll love it!
@Cameron B. Black teas are pretty great so far, and thank you!

And back at work!

Last night when I got home I finally got through the ridiculous wait line for my internet provider at about 12:30AM (yeah, after midnight – didn’t get home until 11:30 and was on hold for 40 min.) – but the good news is that they fixed whatever the problem was, and now my internet works just fine again!

Today, tasting note-wise, we continue after I had dropped off my new hire package post getting lost in the industrial area of town. At this point, I was at the really big mall downtown with DT in it, and I was _finally_picking my Christmas/Holiday teas, and Christmas/Holiday teas for Cameron B.! The haul overall was pretty good; not counting what I got for Cam, this is what I picked up for myself:

50g Cocoa Canela (Points redeemed for it)
50g Ginger Pear (Points redeemed for it)
30g Ginseng Oolong (‘Cause it’s getting discontinued!)
10g Apple Custard
10g Bubbie’s Baklava
10g Cocomint Cream
10g Eggnog

And then, this was my “To Go” Latte. I’ve had this one, plain, a long time ago – back before I joined Steepster. Honestly, I didn’t like it then but I thought “Hey, a year has passed and this is a different prep method so maybe it’ll be more to my liking”. Yeah, it wasn’t.

I did give it as fair a shot as I could: more than half of it, but ultimately it was just a cup with this weird artificial taste to it on top of a cinnamon/burnt sugar/scalded milk overload. The scaled milk quality kinda makes me think it was maybe just badly prepared, but given my not liking this in the past I’m leaning towards it just being something not to my taste.

Oh well, at least I’ve reaffirmed that.

A luxurious tea to savor on the pallet. You may not be a rock star but you can most certainly feel like it when drinking this shimmering tea. Each cup has a glitter and gold appearance. The sugar balls in this blend make the tea actually shimmer. A perfect way to serve this tea is to enjoy it in a glass mug

This is a nice flavored black tea has cinnamon and a bit of sugar, giving it a warm blend. A lovely tea to try when you are ready to test a new black tea and don’t want something too over the top. Simply a cup of stars.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Sugar

I fell in love with this tea at first steep. I’m not usually one for teas that already contain sugar, but the sparkles of this one, plus the cinnamon and citrus peel, had me hooked.

The lovely girl working at David’s when I was first introduced called it “fairy in a cup”. It’s quite lovely, and even though I enjoy it with milk and as a latte, I drink it black sometimes to enjoy the glitter.

I prefer to steep a bit more tea with a little less time to avoid the bitter after taste some black teas can leave.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus, Clove, Smoke