Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Vanilla, Orange
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

I was not a huge fan of this one. I found it trying to accompany too many flavors. The cinnamon and clove are noticeable but other flavors like the vanilla really just fall flat. It has cool sugary pearls in it though, which earns it aesthetic points. I think if you want a smooth dessert tea, this really isn’t the way to go.

Iced

I have to confess. I bought this tea because it glitters. I brewed this up in my glass teapot. Its soooo pretty. And even better? This tea tastes amazing. Its Christmas in a cup. Next time, I’ll brew it a little longer for a stronger taste. I showed this to my Grandmother and she was blown away with the glitter. (Her being blown away is a rare occurrence when it comes to tea) She also loved the flavor. I will definitely buy this again. I especially loved that, even though the tea was pre-sweetened, it wasn’t super sweet tasting! Ya!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Vanilla

I was slightly leery of this one because it smells SO strongly of cloves, and spices are just not my cup of . . yikes, that phrase sounds weird when used literally. Anyway, leeriness unnecessary because this really is a beautifully balanced tea. The clove isn’t strong at all, it just gives the tea a rich, almost chocolatey taste, with the orange peel, vanilla, and cinnamon all melding nicely. Reading the ingredients list, it sort of sounds like Bigelow’s Constant Comment blend, but actually this tea tastes nothing like that over-spiced nightmare.

On another note (and maybe the name Glitter & Gold should have cued me in) this tea actually sparkles? Like the brew is full of these little glitter specks, I guess from the dissolved gold sugar balls. I have a hard time believing this is healthy, but still, high marks, Davids, for presentation. You nailed the magical fairy potion look.

My absolute favorite tea from David’s Tea. First off the glitter – the small sprinkles literally make the tea sparkle and who doesn’t love that? The flavor – orange, cinnamon, and cloves.. Basically pure yumminess!