Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

The first time I brewed this tea, I drank it under sub-par conditions (note to self: do not drink tea after eating nachos). This time I did it under better conditions (after breakfast).

I really wanted to like this since the dry tea is such a gentle, sweet smell, but this doesn’t really work for me. I think the culprit is the mix of vanilla and cloves – I like both flavours separately in tea, but together, they create this weird sort of muskiness that I dislike. I wish that the citrus peel flavour had been a bit stronger to counteract this.

Ah well. I still have about 1-2 cups worth left of this, and will not regret when it’s a sipdown.

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

Next! So I’ve heard tell that some feel that this tea is fairly similar to DT’s Sugar & Spice (Fall 2013 collection) so since I missed out on getting S&S prior to its discontinuation (though now that I look it’s seems like they might still have some left… hmmm…) I thought I would give this a shot.

Dry this tea is very… well if bling-y was a word that’s what this tea would be, visually anyways. Black tea with gold sugar balls and sugar crystals (plus the bits of lemon peel) make for a very eye catching tea. Scent wise the sweet sugar and vanilla are the main notes with some undertones from the cloves and lemon peel to help break things up. I don’t find much from the black tea though.

The slightly murky, orange-brown liquor has a similar scent profile, though the sugar has toned down and instead I get more from the cloves. There’s the odd citrus/lemon note but it’s not very prevalent. As for the flavor… I could sum it up in one “word” (I’m into making things up as I go today!) Meh. The clove melds nicely with the malty notes from the Chinese black base and the vanilla is the icing on the cake of that combo but aside from that it’s very one-note. I’ll get a hit every once and a while from the lemon but it almost comes through (for me anyways) like detergent lemon rather than the bright citrus that it “should” be. And it’s almost too sweet for my tastes, a bit cloying really.

In the end, I’m glad I tried it but I won’t get it again. Oh well, I can’t love them all!

I’ve been wanting to try this tea for the longest time because SPARKLES AHHHH

When I smelled this in store, it definitely smelled like a tea I would not enjoy. I don’t like super spicy teas? And the orange peel was a bit off-putting, but dude. Sparkles. So I just had to get it ahah.

I brewed this like SUPER quickly. Like I only brewed it for about 3 minutes, and it went straight into my Timolino with a dash of agave and I was out the door. I didn’t even have time to taste it on its own! But it ended up okay :) Sad that it was super rushed, but I managed to finish it all and enjoy my time. Definitely going to try this tea sometime this week, and this time it won’t be rushed ahha

In other news, the reason why I was rushed is because my cousins and I were almost late for the movie! It started at 4:05, and I started brewing my tea at like 3:40. 10 minutes to boil water and steep your tea really isn’t enough time. My dad literally rushed to the theater ahha. But we were sat up right at the front, but it was all good since I had my tea with me :)
Divergent is a good movie! I was kinda bitter about it because I broke my book/movie rule. This is the first time in years that I watched a movie first before reading the book. Ahh well, I have the book! I just haven’t found the time to read it :/ The quarter is starting so I’ll read as much as I can before I drown in all my tests and papers.

I am 98% convinced that Steepster ate my previous note on this one. I have a very distinct memory of writing it, but I can’t actually find it. Uncool. However, I’m willing to concede the slightest possibility that I drafted it in my mind and forgot to actually memorialize it.

This is yet another tea that MissB thoughtfully included with my stash sale purchase because it was on my wishlist. Thank you!

So. This tea. It glitters. It has sparkly little sugar balls. It tastes like vanilla and cinnamon and spice. It is creamy and delicious. It makes me sad that I can’t drink black tea regularly. But it makes me happy that I got to try this tasty treat. And further that I get to call this a sipdown. After my pull at the Coffee and Tea Festival today, I’m at 182 teas (excluding this one). Eep! New goal: 175 by the end of the week!

JustJames

must admit… tea with graphic effects are neat =0)

MissB

Woot! So glad you liked it. :)