Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Cloves, Tea, Sugar, Vanilla, Caramel, Clove, Creamy, Milk, Smooth, Sweet, Spices, Orange, Citrus, Smoke, Lemon, Malt, Astringent, Floral, Spicy, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

I was captivated by the glitters floating around in my tea long after it had steeped, I found the tea itself slightly lacklustre as it’s a very light tasting black tea and I personally prefer a strong black tea. It’s a nice cup of tea when kicked up with a bit of sugar, which seems to bring out the cinnamon and clove notes. If it weren’t for the gorgeous glittery effect, I wouldn’t recommend as I feel there are nicer teas with similar flavours. If you want a magical glittery light flavoured black tea, this is for you.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Tea

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 30 sec 2 tsp

Like it!

Very nice vanilla taste. I didn’t see the crystals «shining» during the steeping though?

However, because it contains dangerous chemicals such as titanium dioxide and tartrazine, I will not buy this again.

Flavors: Sugar, Vanilla

Boiling

The smell of this is SO GOOD. It reminds me of some baked good I can’t quite place. Definitely one of the best smelling David’s Teas I’ve had so far. Watching it steep was like watching a little tiny universe in my cup with all the glitter! The only part I didn’t like was the gold bits breaking because they kind of looked like a gold chocolate wrapper in my tea.

The taste instantly reminded me of Celestial Seasonings’ Bengal Spice, which was totally welcomed! This one is a little weaker, though… a huge benefit to Bengal Spice is how I can steep it more to make it really strong. I’ll try that with this one too but I don’t think it’ll work. But I read the ingredients and there was no cinnamon listed, which is kind of odd… I’m usually not too concerned about the artificial flavouring but that did weird me out a bit. It’s such a comforting taste and aroma that I’ll still drink it though. It reminds me of Santa’s Secret, which is my reigning favourite. The cloves make it smell & taste pretty Christmas-y, so I think I’ll only pick up another bag at Christmas-time (to make it more special). It reminds me of Christmas so much it feels a little out of place drinking it in March!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Vanilla

5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp

This was my gateway tea to DAVIDsTEA. I sampled a brewed cup in-store and fell in love.

I brought some home and followed the Tea Guide’s instructions to make a tea latte. I enjoy this every so often, but lately this tea has fallen wayside in my favourites. The flavour is lacklustre and disappointing. I much prefer Red Velvet Cake for a “dessert” tea.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Creamy, Milk, Smooth