Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Sugar, Sugar Sprinkles
Marshmallow, Molasses, Spices, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Cloves, Clove, Orange Zest, Earth, Spicy, Sugar, Sweet, Brown Sugar, Lemon Zest, Cream, Butter, Citrusy, Lemon, Oats, Pastries, Citrus, Nutty, Tea, Caramel, Creamy, Milk, Smooth, Orange, Smoke, Malt, Astringent, Floral, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Black tea, lemon peel, sugar sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, partly hydrogenated canola oil, shellac, titanium oxide, iron oxide, potato starch), sugar, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

Ah, Glitter & Gold. One of my favourite’s in the 24 Days of Tea samples and all around a DT fan fave.

Yes I realize it’s June and I’m still working on my 24 Days of Tea reviews. Better late than never right?

Anyways I literally had a cup of this yesterday and it reminded me why I like this tea so much.

It’s really smooth for a black tea and really easy on the taste buds. Plus that hint of cinnamon gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. It has a hint of cinnamon but not so much of it that it’s overpowering.

I found this tea so smooth that I just drank it as is. This is pretty rare for me when it comes to black teas – usually I always add in milk and sometimes a bit of honey. With glitter & gold I didn’t feel the need to add it in.

I also love that they added little gold stars, sparkles, and tiny square pieces of sugar. It definitely gives it that “glitter and gold” star power.

I only wish I came across this tea sooner. It looks like the earlier versions had these little gold balls instead of stars. When you swirl your tea around you actually see a patch of glitter swirling around in your cup. The first thing that comes to mind when I saw it was the milky way. I tried swirling my tea around with the newer batches but sadly it just not have that same effect.

This one reminds me of pumpkin chai, sans cinnamon. I’ll probably keep this one around. I do wish I could have tried the old blend, I hear it was awesome, plus all those sparkles! Who can resist the sparkles?

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Steeping, this tea looked so pretty and sparkly but tasting it, this tea was just ok for me. Not recommending it because I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t be drinking stuff that’s sparkly.

Here’s Hoping Traveling Tea Box

I apologize, but I think the few cups of this that are left will be staying with me. Don’t worry though, I have plenty of tea I can replace it with! :) This tea reminds me of a slightly less wonderful version of Granny’s Cake by River Tea. Granny’s Cake is one of my most favourite teas in the world, and I only have 2 or 3 cups worth left! Also, since River Tea has gone away I have no means of ever picking up any more! :(
This tea doesn’t have the richness of Granny’s Cake, or the depth of flavour, but it does have a similarity which I find pleasant. I have enjoyed the steeps I had of this so I am very thankful to whomever added it to the tea box. Thank you so much! :)

Flavors: Marshmallow, Molasses, Spices, Vanilla

Christina / BooksandTea

There’s an eggy vanilla-ness to Granny’s Cake that I don’t thing G&G has. I miss RiverTea a lot. :(

tea-sipper

I’m glad it found a nice home!