Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Sugar, Sugar Sprinkles
Cinnamon, Cream, Marshmallow, Molasses, Spices, Vanilla, Cloves, Clove, Orange Zest, Earth, Spicy, Sugar, Sweet, Brown Sugar, Lemon Zest, Butter, Citrusy, Lemon, Oats, Pastries, Citrus, Nutty, Tea, Caramel, Creamy, Milk, Smooth, Orange, Smoke, Malt, Astringent, Floral, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Black tea, lemon peel, sugar sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, partly hydrogenated canola oil, shellac, titanium oxide, iron oxide, potato starch), sugar, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

I didn’t like this at all. I don’t know if it’s the cloves or lemon peel. I need to experiment with single ingredient infusions so that I can learn to separate flavors. I’ll try it again with a shorter steep and see if it’s better.

I like this one but was expecting something better from the reviews. It’s a nice basic black tea with a hint of creamy flavor and a touch of cinnamon. I really didn’t get any citrus taste or scent from it, and it wasn’t sweet to me (although I admittedly tend to like things kind of on the sweet side). I like it fine, and the stars are a cute gimmick, but it’s nothing special.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cream

I had this in store. I think one of the problems that David’s Tea needs to work on is how much tea they put in a cup. On their own website, they list one to two perfect spoons. In reality, they will only give you one for hot tea.

This one was decent, I liked the hint of spice. It’s no where near a chai. Also, if you read the label, I did wonder why they needed metal oxides. In any case, it was weak because there was not enough tea.

Kristal

When DAVIDs updated the website they put 1-2 perfect spoonfuls on for most of the tea recommendations (as opposed to X tsps per whatever oz). I say it’s a way to get people to use tea up more quickly and therefore make more money :/

Not a fan. Did I get a defective blend or something? Because I get no glitter in my cup, which is the main reason I got this tea in the first place. The picture here has the glitter pieces shown as a ball, but mine came in star shapes. Maybe they don’t punch out glitter as well. I thought I’d like it more in the fall because it has a spicy, orange taste, but I’m still just disappointed by the lack of sparkle. Boooo :(

Michelle

It’s because you have the new blend. The old blend had gold balls in it, and the new one has stars… Overall the old blend was much much better tasting and much more glittery! I’m sad for you :(