Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Sugar, Sweet, Orange, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

This is a very popular tea from Davids that I have sampled in store but never purchased. My youngest brother recently got me some on a trip to Toronto with his mother and our brother though, so here I sit with a beautiful gift of tea. The clove smell is strong initially, and (for me) a bit off-putting but I have decided to think of it like a chai, which then makes it smell pretty good. I am interested by the idea of an (unnamed) Chinese black base as Chinese blacks are my favourite, and tend to be less bitter so this could be a nice spicy black for me. I used to love chai teas, but they tend to have strong bitter bases that I don’t enjoy, so this is something different.

As many others have noted, there are little candy balls in the tea which impart some sweetness and also an interesting look. It feels like a party! I steeped it for three minutes in 96 degree water (exactly!) in my perfect tea mug. The result is a rich amber cup of tea, that reminds me strongly of chai. The clove smell seems cinnamon-y to my nose, and the sweetness from the sugar crystals and the little balls contributes to the chai trick. I also get a smell like chocolate, maybe baking chocolate in something with a spicy kick. I don’t often encounter cinnamon and chocolate together, but this is what my brain believes.

First sips are pleasant. Still getting chocolate (what’s up with that?) and also some distinct sweetness and a cinnamon sort of taste at the end of the sip which must be cloves. The aftertaste is sweet and spicy. Where is the chocolate coming from!? I don’t get any bitterness (big thumbs up!) and the spice builds with each sip. After a few, I have a slight tingle at the back of the throat that I presume will remain throughout the cup. I gotta say, I like it. Hot, at least. We’ll see if it is as appealing at cooler temps.

The sugar in it doesn’t seem to have released too much sweet. I haven’t dug through the used leaves to see if the little balls stayed intact but I assume they didn’t dissolve completely. Maybe they would with agitation but I don’t tend to like my tea sweetened and wouldn’t want any more than this. I remember that there is some citrus peel in here, but I don’t notice it. i am sure it is doing something, it’s just doing it quietly. Fine by me!

EDIT: Man, did I misunderstand this tea! I have been drinking this slowly and the remains are room temperature (and surprisingly good!) BUT, I gave it a little shake AND THE TEA IS GLITTERY. That is what they mean. The little balls give off their tantalizing glitter INTO THE TEA. I feel like it A-Can’t be healthy and B-Is AWESOME. I am so happy about this. What a lovely surprise for a cynical (mostly) unflavoured tea drinker

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Sugar, Sweet

205 °F / 96 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML
Nicole

Isn’t it pretty? :)

Marzipan

Sparkle pony tea!

SPARKLEPONY!!! After giggling my head off at Marzipan ‘s nickname for this tea, I was pleased to find a sample of it in my swap with VariaTEA and didn’t waste much time throwing it in an infuser.

It really is a sparklepony. Wow. Look at that glitter! Worth it for the novelty alone! Though the tea itself is pretty delicious. Very warm-tasting. I had it warm all on its own and just enjoyed watching the sparkles as I drank.

The rest of my sample is cold brewing in the fridge as I type; I’ll most likely take it to work tomorrow! Those sparkles don’t waste any time, though. As soon as the cold water hit the teapot, BLAM! GLITTER EVERYWHERE! So cool.

Sarsonator

Love this tea! Love the name! LOL

Marzipan

They should totally rename it Sparklepony.

This is one of my go to favorites. The smell and taste go hand in hand unlike some of the other Davids Teas I have had. The warm cinnamon and creamy vanilla hit you first and then there is a nice orange after note all in the company of a smooth black tea. The added sugar crystals and balls make it just sweet enough to not add sweetener without making it overly sweet in any way. The sparkles are just flat out fun. Love this tea!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange, Vanilla

I was not a huge fan of this one. I found it trying to accompany too many flavors. The cinnamon and clove are noticeable but other flavors like the vanilla really just fall flat. It has cool sugary pearls in it though, which earns it aesthetic points. I think if you want a smooth dessert tea, this really isn’t the way to go.

Iced