Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Cloves, Vanilla, Caramel, Clove, Creamy, Milk, Smooth, Sugar, Sweet, Spices, Orange, Citrus, Smoke, Lemon, Malt, Astringent, Floral, Spicy, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

The smell of this is SO GOOD. It reminds me of some baked good I can’t quite place. Definitely one of the best smelling David’s Teas I’ve had so far. Watching it steep was like watching a little tiny universe in my cup with all the glitter! The only part I didn’t like was the gold bits breaking because they kind of looked like a gold chocolate wrapper in my tea.

The taste instantly reminded me of Celestial Seasonings’ Bengal Spice, which was totally welcomed! This one is a little weaker, though… a huge benefit to Bengal Spice is how I can steep it more to make it really strong. I’ll try that with this one too but I don’t think it’ll work. But I read the ingredients and there was no cinnamon listed, which is kind of odd… I’m usually not too concerned about the artificial flavouring but that did weird me out a bit. It’s such a comforting taste and aroma that I’ll still drink it though. It reminds me of Santa’s Secret, which is my reigning favourite. The cloves make it smell & taste pretty Christmas-y, so I think I’ll only pick up another bag at Christmas-time (to make it more special). It reminds me of Christmas so much it feels a little out of place drinking it in March!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Vanilla

5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp

This was my gateway tea to DAVIDsTEA. I sampled a brewed cup in-store and fell in love.

I brought some home and followed the Tea Guide’s instructions to make a tea latte. I enjoy this every so often, but lately this tea has fallen wayside in my favourites. The flavour is lacklustre and disappointing. I much prefer Red Velvet Cake for a “dessert” tea.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Creamy, Milk, Smooth

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve had this tea for a long time but never tried it. It’s a nice, simple black tea with just the right amount of sweetness. I didn’t taste the other flavours, like cinnamon, but I do have a cold. Recommended for people who like sweet black tea. No more messing about with sugars/sweeteners!

Flavors: Sugar, Sweet

I picked up a tiny sample of this tea when I was at DavidsTea over the weekend because I was intrigued by the gold glitter. I don’t know how they do it, but the tea really does shimmer and sparkle. Even the dregs at the bottom of the cup were sparkly. To be honest it is kind of unsettling, but it still made me smile.

The tea tastes pretty good too, nothing special. I don’t think I would buy more of this, but I did like it.

This would be a good gift for a tea-drinking Twilight fan…