Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Astringent, Clove, Floral, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Citrus, Lemon, Spicy, Chocolate, Orange, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

This one brews up nicely sweet due to the generous amounts of shiny sugar sprinkles in the mix…it even has soft hints of honey and clove layered over a comfortingly nondescript black base.

It’s not the best tea I’ve ever had – nor is it the worst – but it’s one I’d go back to in a heartbeat as a sure thing. I approve.

I went in David’s Tea to try some kind of black tea to kick up my afternoon. I ended up picking Glitter and Gold. A small selling point was the fact that my tea would glitter when it brewed as the gold sugar balls melted. I didn’t think this would be a big deal to me, but the effect is deliciously pretty when brewed in a clear mug. This tea is probably too sweet for me on a normal occasion, but it was fun to try. The black tea makes up the body of the drink but vanilla bean takes the frontline of flavor. It’s like having a sweet milk/creamer in your tea without the dairy. The black tea and cloves came out more in the fragrance than in the brewing. This is the perfect gift for a sparkly, fabulous loose-leaf tea lover you know. It looks good as dry loose leaf and brews up with a little fashion show. As a tea, it’s sweet vanilla black.

Flavors: Astringent, Clove, Floral, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla

This was one of my first teas from DAVIDs, years ago. My roommate brought this home along with Swampwater and Jessie’s Tea. I remember it being pretty and tasty, so along with a good bit of nostalgia, I picked it up again.

It is so pretty, with the metallic candy balls in the dry leaf, and then with a gold shimmer to the steeped liquor. At four minutes it was a bit weak. After it had cooled a bit, I steeped for an additional minute, and then a third of the way through the cup, for another minute.

It also tastes quite nice – lots of clove, lemon and spice, with some cinnamon notes, and sweetness. The clove endures on the finish, along with a touch of a floral. The nose is a bit fuller and more tempting than the palette, but all in all this is a nice one.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus, Clove, Lemon, Spicy, Sweet

This is a very popular tea from Davids that I have sampled in store but never purchased. My youngest brother recently got me some on a trip to Toronto with his mother and our brother though, so here I sit with a beautiful gift of tea. The clove smell is strong initially, and (for me) a bit off-putting but I have decided to think of it like a chai, which then makes it smell pretty good. I am interested by the idea of an (unnamed) Chinese black base as Chinese blacks are my favourite, and tend to be less bitter so this could be a nice spicy black for me. I used to love chai teas, but they tend to have strong bitter bases that I don’t enjoy, so this is something different.

As many others have noted, there are little candy balls in the tea which impart some sweetness and also an interesting look. It feels like a party! I steeped it for three minutes in 96 degree water (exactly!) in my perfect tea mug. The result is a rich amber cup of tea, that reminds me strongly of chai. The clove smell seems cinnamon-y to my nose, and the sweetness from the sugar crystals and the little balls contributes to the chai trick. I also get a smell like chocolate, maybe baking chocolate in something with a spicy kick. I don’t often encounter cinnamon and chocolate together, but this is what my brain believes.

First sips are pleasant. Still getting chocolate (what’s up with that?) and also some distinct sweetness and a cinnamon sort of taste at the end of the sip which must be cloves. The aftertaste is sweet and spicy. Where is the chocolate coming from!? I don’t get any bitterness (big thumbs up!) and the spice builds with each sip. After a few, I have a slight tingle at the back of the throat that I presume will remain throughout the cup. I gotta say, I like it. Hot, at least. We’ll see if it is as appealing at cooler temps.

The sugar in it doesn’t seem to have released too much sweet. I haven’t dug through the used leaves to see if the little balls stayed intact but I assume they didn’t dissolve completely. Maybe they would with agitation but I don’t tend to like my tea sweetened and wouldn’t want any more than this. I remember that there is some citrus peel in here, but I don’t notice it. i am sure it is doing something, it’s just doing it quietly. Fine by me!

EDIT: Man, did I misunderstand this tea! I have been drinking this slowly and the remains are room temperature (and surprisingly good!) BUT, I gave it a little shake AND THE TEA IS GLITTERY. That is what they mean. The little balls give off their tantalizing glitter INTO THE TEA. I feel like it A-Can’t be healthy and B-Is AWESOME. I am so happy about this. What a lovely surprise for a cynical (mostly) unflavoured tea drinker

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Sugar, Sweet