Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Sugar, Sweet, Cinnamon, Cloves, Spices, Clove, Orange, Vanilla, Citrus, Smoke, Caramel, Lemon, Malt, Astringent, Floral, Spicy, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I tried this tea for the the first time in-store today. A friend had recommended it to me and said it was one of her favourites. I tried it and immediately bought a tin of of it! It smells stronger than it tastes but the sweet cinnamon flavour is just addicting! If youre looking for something a little bit different, definitely try Glitter and Gold! It wont disappoint! :)

i loved this for the aroma- however- when steeped it was too overpowering for me.

I’m very particular with my black teas. Unlike greens and whites, I can’t stand the taste of a black tea that isn’t perfectly steeped — there seems to be a lot more room for “error” with other teas before they start affecting my palette.

That being said, glitter and gold doesn’t seem to pose that problem for me. Maybe it’s the sweetness or the cinnamon. Whatever it is, a sip of this tea is like a sip of Christmas in a cup. Sounds cheesy, I know, but this tea is awesome. It does the trick on cold winter mornings. Definitely one to try!

This black tea is so light tasting and the touch of sweet cinnamon is delicious, especially when both flavours balance really nicely together. The shimmer from the little gold crystal balls makes this tea that much more adorable to me. So good! :)

so pretty! I love this tea, I find many with cinnamon too overpowering, this one is perfect… and to top that off, it actually SHIMMERS in your cup! AMAZING :)

This is one of my favourite teas ever, it is so yummy. The only problem…David’s Tea only had it for a limited time. I really hope they bring it back!

I’ve had this tea for a long time but never tried it. It’s a nice, simple black tea with just the right amount of sweetness. I didn’t taste the other flavours, like cinnamon, but I do have a cold. Recommended for people who like sweet black tea. No more messing about with sugars/sweeteners!

Flavors: Sugar, Sweet

I picked up a tiny sample of this tea when I was at DavidsTea over the weekend because I was intrigued by the gold glitter. I don’t know how they do it, but the tea really does shimmer and sparkle. Even the dregs at the bottom of the cup were sparkly. To be honest it is kind of unsettling, but it still made me smile.

The tea tastes pretty good too, nothing special. I don’t think I would buy more of this, but I did like it.

This would be a good gift for a tea-drinking Twilight fan…

Mmmmmm this tea is tasty. Perfect on a cold day! I wanted to try something new from David’s so I took a chance and bought 100g of this while they had a sale on. It was a good chance to take!

This is a pretty spicy tea. The cloves are really coming through in this one. I like the flavor of cloves though so it isn’t a bad thing really (although I don’t leave the tea bag in the whole time for this one because the clove flavor can get a bit too strong – it’s easy to manage though). The “glitter and gold” aspect of the tea is kind of whimsical too! The shimmering tea is really pretty to look at. The balls of sugar do make the tea sweet, so it’s not an overpowering spice.

This isn’t a tea that I drink on a regular basis so I don’t think I will need to replenish my stock anytime soon, but I do really like it and probably will get some more of it eventually!

I would recommend this to anybody who is new to DAVIDsTEA and wants to try a really popular flavor with a unique twist.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Spices, Sweet

OMG I forgot I had this one in the cupboard!! I got this tea almost exactly a year ago today! January 14th, 2014! Crazy!

Lets just say I was super excited when I found this the other day. Sipping on a cup at work and I just LOVE the glitter. I enjoy that my tea is sparkly! Makes the tea so fun. Its like a fairy in a cup… if that makes any sense at all. As for taste I’ve mentioned before I’m not a chai drinker and this reminds me of chai but not at the same time. To me its like a yummy chai! I really enjoy the clovey, orangey, vanilla taste. MMMM good!

However I wouldn’t drink this all the time, its a nice surprise to be in my cupboard and I will savour the last few cups randomly throughout this month and next.

Flavors: Clove, Orange, Vanilla

EmilyGee

Oooh I love chai tea, I’ll have to try this time the next time I’m in David’s – sounds delicious!

Megan Low

Definitely try it! Its delicious and so pretty with the sparkles. I’m pretty positive when I bought it the only reason I bought it was because the girl told me it sparkled and I was pretty new to tea last year :P Sparkly tea count me in! Haha.