Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Astringent, Clove, Floral, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Citrus, Lemon, Spicy, Chocolate, Orange, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

SPARKLEPONY!!! After giggling my head off at Marzipan ‘s nickname for this tea, I was pleased to find a sample of it in my swap with VariaTEA and didn’t waste much time throwing it in an infuser.

It really is a sparklepony. Wow. Look at that glitter! Worth it for the novelty alone! Though the tea itself is pretty delicious. Very warm-tasting. I had it warm all on its own and just enjoyed watching the sparkles as I drank.

The rest of my sample is cold brewing in the fridge as I type; I’ll most likely take it to work tomorrow! Those sparkles don’t waste any time, though. As soon as the cold water hit the teapot, BLAM! GLITTER EVERYWHERE! So cool.

Sarsonator

Love this tea! Love the name! LOL

Marzipan

They should totally rename it Sparklepony.

This is one of my go to favorites. The smell and taste go hand in hand unlike some of the other Davids Teas I have had. The warm cinnamon and creamy vanilla hit you first and then there is a nice orange after note all in the company of a smooth black tea. The added sugar crystals and balls make it just sweet enough to not add sweetener without making it overly sweet in any way. The sparkles are just flat out fun. Love this tea!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange, Vanilla

I was not a huge fan of this one. I found it trying to accompany too many flavors. The cinnamon and clove are noticeable but other flavors like the vanilla really just fall flat. It has cool sugary pearls in it though, which earns it aesthetic points. I think if you want a smooth dessert tea, this really isn’t the way to go.

Iced

sniff It’s my last cup of Glitter and Gold. But on a positive note, I made it in my new mug that I got for tea while traveling and staying in hotels. I have a vacation coming up and I will be taking a rolling briefcase full of tea and an electric kettle. We need our tea. I really love this tea. It reminds me of Christmas, with its blend of spices. It’s also super photogenic. I like this one with or without honey. (my sweetener of choice as it helps with the allergies) I will definitely buy this again. Ok, I’m done rambling now.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves

I was slightly leery of this one because it smells SO strongly of cloves, and spices are just not my cup of . . yikes, that phrase sounds weird when used literally. Anyway, leeriness unnecessary because this really is a beautifully balanced tea. The clove isn’t strong at all, it just gives the tea a rich, almost chocolatey taste, with the orange peel, vanilla, and cinnamon all melding nicely. Reading the ingredients list, it sort of sounds like Bigelow’s Constant Comment blend, but actually this tea tastes nothing like that over-spiced nightmare.

On another note (and maybe the name Glitter & Gold should have cued me in) this tea actually sparkles? Like the brew is full of these little glitter specks, I guess from the dissolved gold sugar balls. I have a hard time believing this is healthy, but still, high marks, Davids, for presentation. You nailed the magical fairy potion look.

My absolute favorite tea from David’s Tea. First off the glitter – the small sprinkles literally make the tea sparkle and who doesn’t love that? The flavor – orange, cinnamon, and cloves.. Basically pure yumminess!

Recently got this as a sample from my online order. Well, I don’t know. The tea is beautiful, and it smells lovely. But I didn’t get much taste from this. It’s listed as a “chai” on the DAVIDsTEA website, but this really has no spice to it, in my opinion. I definitely wouldn’t consider it a chai. I suppose people who aren’t huge fans of spice would enjoy it though.

Another thing that turned me off was the list of ingredients… definitely not a healthy tea, either!

EDIT: I steeped the rest of my sample with some of my Organic Pure Chai, and wow… it tastes divine as I’m sipping on it right now! Perhaps before I may have just not steeped it long enough, or maybe the extra pure chai gave it the boost I needed. Either way, I suppose I’ll up the rating a bit :)

I don’t generally like cinnamon teas. Usually they are wayy overpowering and too much for me. But this one has just the right amount of cinnamon for me. It’s such a soft and delicate flavor. I never thought I’d like something like this, but man…David’s Tea…proving me wrong time and time again xD Now I wanna get back to work so I can finally put in a big David’s Tea order-thanks, Virginia for all these awesome samples!
I’m gonna end up spending so much money there. XD

Another tea from David’s Tea that gets major points for presentation but falls flat in the taste department. All those little shiny gold things melt into the tea so your tea is all sparkly! Fun! Tastewise, however, it tastes almost exactly like Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Sunset but muted and kind of watered down. If I hadn’t had the H&S version before, I probably would have liked this much better but it’s too subtle for my taste and I NEVER say that about cinnamon teas…most of the time I complain that the cinnamon drowns everything else out. With this tea though, the cinnamon is tamer, which I like, but all the other flavors are just as muted and still don’t get to shine through. It’s a big sparkly cup of meh.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Marzipan

So interesting, I am having this one now and it’s all butter toffee.

mj

I was just drinking it plain…maybe I should have added sugar? and/or milk?

I add sugar.

When I was a wee tea newbie, this was the first tea that I was absolutely dying to try. Sipping it all down tonight was symbolic of how far I have come, tea-wise. Sparkle pony tea holds a place in my heart but I am pretty much over it, and on to thoroughbreds.

Memily

Sparkle pony tea!!! Hahaha <3

Stephanie

hehehe :)

Cheri

That’s a good way to describe your tea journey. I feel the same, only I’m still going. Pretty ponies to start, and then to racing 2 year olds. I love those racing horses still, but I’m also developing an appreciation for the Clydesdale….