Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Black Tea, Cloves, Lemon Peel, Sugar, Sugar Sprinkles
Marshmallow, Molasses, Spices, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Cloves, Clove, Orange Zest, Earth, Spicy, Sugar, Sweet, Brown Sugar, Lemon Zest, Cream, Butter, Citrusy, Lemon, Oats, Pastries, Citrus, Nutty, Tea, Caramel, Creamy, Milk, Smooth, Orange, Smoke, Malt, Astringent, Floral, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

3 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Black tea, lemon peel, sugar sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, partly hydrogenated canola oil, shellac, titanium oxide, iron oxide, potato starch), sugar, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A wonderful little tea to get lost in. It puts one’s mind in a completely different frame. If just for a moment. It settles upon the tongue like if it always there. The taste of it reminds me of family. The way things are done, the ways things should be, the way a home could taste if we could taste our first step past the door. I chose my book for this tea or vice versa to enjoy it because it is about family, about roots, about that eathy peaceful type of love and peace that you can have within yourself and the complications of relationships and history that family and friends impact your life.

The book I recommend for this tea is:
The House Girl by Tara Conklin

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Still sick here. Tastebuds not what they should or could be, so I am reaching for teas that either don’t thrill me or might sustain and soothe me.

This tea is in the first category. The idea of it is fab, but the execution not so much in my opinion. Even when my tastebuds are a hundred percent, this tea just doesn’t do it for me.
Some sort of cinnamon clove vanilla artificial buzz through a haze of synthetic sweetener. Thankfully, I am saved to some extent from the full intensity of this at the moment.

Bah. I am very much on my way to bye Felicia with this one.

Is this the same thing in my cup that everyone else has?

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Vanilla

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Fjellrev

Oh no, I hope you get better soon! I wasn’t terribly impressed with this either. Looks and smells amazing, but you’re right, there is something artificial and just plain old off about it.

VariaTEA

I think they changed this tea tbh. Last time I saw it on their website, it had star sprinkles and what not that my older stuff doesn’t have.

Fjellrev

Oh yeah, the older version had glitter balls. I wonder if they just changed the sprinkles/balls or the flavourings in this too.

tigress_al

Ya I think they changed it. I tried a sample in store quite a while ago. I never would have guessed it was the same tea.

VariaTEA

I guess I will have to cherish what I have left of the old blend

Evol Ving Ness

This is from the initial batch. I bought it just before they took the vegan path with this and was asked which batch I wanted because the store had both.

Meh. It’s alright. It smells a lot better than it actually tastes. A pretty standard cinnamon flavor.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Clove, Orange Zest

I got this one as part of the “12 Teas of Christmas” gift set from my in-laws. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Though I was a little sad that it didn’t glitter the way it did in the past, I thought the gold star candy pieces added a cute touch. I couldn’t really taste them, which I thought was for the best. I really enjoyed the subtle spiciness of this tea. My sensitive stomach can’t handle anything too strong, so this was just right. It’s all gone now, but it made a great morning tea while it lasted.

Flavors: Earth, Spicy, Sugar, Sweet

3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
ropeadope

Definitely going to try this on Steeper points!

M

You should! it’s worth a try.

First tasted this last winter, when my bf bought this. It was my first from DavidsTea and I am impressed! The glitter adds charm to the tea – I couldn’t stop drinking!

Flavors: Sweet, Vanilla

Advent calendar [6/24]

I’ve had a less-than-perfect weekend.

Yesterday was taken up by a first aid training course, and today had me visiting friends for several hours in the afternoon. Is it really Sunday night? What happened to my time to relax? I had time to come home this evening and do laundry, clean a little, and that’s pretty much it.

One glimmer (heh) this morning was a cup of this lovely brew. My boyfriend agreed that this would also taste like flat coke if milk and sugar were added. It must be a thing with cinnamon black teas. This tea didn’t need either of those; it’s very sweet on its own.

I still think I’m more of a fan of Steeped Tea’s Cinnamon Vanilla because it seems more balanced. I don’t think their version has artificial flavouring like this one does.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Clove, Lemon Zest

Boiling 4 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Fjellrev

Let’s hope next weekend will be better for you!

Alyssa

Thanks, Fjellrev!

Kristal

This is a pretty weak black tea as well.

Nice flavor!

1 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

#24daysoftea, day 6. A very solid black tea. I tried steeping it only 4 min, but it definitely needs 5 min for all the spices to start coming out. I’m not really getting much orange flavor, though. A good, quality tea, but I’m not really in love with it.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

The master of subtle yet delicious black tea. Cloves and lemon peel are the main flavours, but remain subdued enough to let the black tea shine through. This manages to be somewhere between a straight tea and a decadent dessert tea, perfect for relaxation. The sparkly gold sprinkles are super cute and give the dry tea a fun look.
Part of the DAVIDsTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Cloves, Cream, Lemon Zest

I have nothing bad to say about this tea. That being said, I also don’t have very much good to say either.

It’s a very pretty tea and indeed does glitter (until you put milk in it…) but other than that, I find it to be a typical black tea with sugar.

Flavors: Sugar