Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Sugar, Sweet, Cinnamon, Cloves, Spices, Clove, Orange, Vanilla, Citrus, Smoke, Caramel, Lemon, Malt, Astringent, Floral, Spicy, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m firmly on the fence about this one. Sometimes I drink it and find it soothing and tasty, other times I’m bothered by it being a bit on the weak side. I think it’s mostly that it’s well suited to relaxing, rather than being on the run. So when I have it in the morning when I need a firm kick in the ass, it just doesn’t rise to that occasion.

I added some vanilla almond milk to my latest cup and, to me, that seemed to highlight the cinnamon. Only downside of that is I could no longer see the pretty little sparkles, which looks fantastic in the new glass travel tumbler I snagged!

In the bag the tea is so pretty with the gold balls. Love the shimmer of the tea once brewed… so pretty. I was expecting more cinnamon and spice flavor but was pleasantly surprised that it has a subtle flavor of cinnamon, orange, and a touch of clove. It’s a super smooth black tea and I really enjoyed it.

I had a hankering for a simple tea this morning. The nice thing about this tea is I always like it. I mean, it’s hard for me to screw up. Not quite the quality of Whispering Pines and Tippy’s Tea’s dessert-like teas, but satisfying none the less.

sweetea

I finished my teeny packet of this one. Debating with my past-self whether I should get more or not. It’s such a nice, simple, reliable tea!

Maddy Barone

It is a nice tea. Like I said, it’s not quite as good as Golden Orchid or Minted Monkey, but it’s a decent tea that I know I like. I even saw a hint of glitter in the cup this morning! (Unless that was just the sun shining on the tea debris on the bottom of the cup) LOL

Nicole

No, it glitters. It is fabulous for looks alone. The taste is fine but the looks are really what keep it in my cupboard. I can be shallow that way :)

I love how the gold balls dissolve into a lovely shimmer in my cup. When you stir the tea, the sparkles swirl around like a tiny cosmos. You have to actively look for the shimmer (it’s subtle), but what a fun tea experience! The taste is typical black, with cloves prominent, and nice hints of sugar, citrus, and vanilla. It’s nice, but not a must-have for my cupboard.

200 °F / 93 °C 7 min, 30 sec 5 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

So this is my first Steepster post. Hello.
This is my second cup of this today. I had one in the morning before school and I didn’t get to finish it, so now I’m finishing what I started.
I’m very pleased with it, it’s relaxing and energizing at the same time. It’ll keep me up for the work I have to do tonight, but it definitely calmed me down from the rough day behind me.
So yes the tea. I actually really enjoy it, although at first I admit I didn’t think I would. This is my first black tea. It happens to be one of my favorites now. Definitely going to get a tin of this for the winter!

Ost

Hi! Welcome to Steepster!! :D

Cameron B.

Welcome! Blacks tea are my favorites. :)

Cameron B.

*Black teas… HAH. :P

NessaRose

@Ost Thank you! I’m sure I’ll love it!
@Cameron B. Black teas are pretty great so far, and thank you!

And back at work!

Last night when I got home I finally got through the ridiculous wait line for my internet provider at about 12:30AM (yeah, after midnight – didn’t get home until 11:30 and was on hold for 40 min.) – but the good news is that they fixed whatever the problem was, and now my internet works just fine again!

Today, tasting note-wise, we continue after I had dropped off my new hire package post getting lost in the industrial area of town. At this point, I was at the really big mall downtown with DT in it, and I was _finally_picking my Christmas/Holiday teas, and Christmas/Holiday teas for Cameron B.! The haul overall was pretty good; not counting what I got for Cam, this is what I picked up for myself:

50g Cocoa Canela (Points redeemed for it)
50g Ginger Pear (Points redeemed for it)
30g Ginseng Oolong (‘Cause it’s getting discontinued!)
10g Apple Custard
10g Bubbie’s Baklava
10g Cocomint Cream
10g Eggnog

And then, this was my “To Go” Latte. I’ve had this one, plain, a long time ago – back before I joined Steepster. Honestly, I didn’t like it then but I thought “Hey, a year has passed and this is a different prep method so maybe it’ll be more to my liking”. Yeah, it wasn’t.

I did give it as fair a shot as I could: more than half of it, but ultimately it was just a cup with this weird artificial taste to it on top of a cinnamon/burnt sugar/scalded milk overload. The scaled milk quality kinda makes me think it was maybe just badly prepared, but given my not liking this in the past I’m leaning towards it just being something not to my taste.

Oh well, at least I’ve reaffirmed that.

A luxurious tea to savor on the pallet. You may not be a rock star but you can most certainly feel like it when drinking this shimmering tea. Each cup has a glitter and gold appearance. The sugar balls in this blend make the tea actually shimmer. A perfect way to serve this tea is to enjoy it in a glass mug

This is a nice flavored black tea has cinnamon and a bit of sugar, giving it a warm blend. A lovely tea to try when you are ready to test a new black tea and don’t want something too over the top. Simply a cup of stars.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Sugar

I fell in love with this tea at first steep. I’m not usually one for teas that already contain sugar, but the sparkles of this one, plus the cinnamon and citrus peel, had me hooked.

The lovely girl working at David’s when I was first introduced called it “fairy in a cup”. It’s quite lovely, and even though I enjoy it with milk and as a latte, I drink it black sometimes to enjoy the glitter.

I prefer to steep a bit more tea with a little less time to avoid the bitter after taste some black teas can leave.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus, Clove, Smoke

Tastes pretty bland to me. I was really hoping I would like David’s Tea more than I am, since it has such a good reputation on this sight. I didn’t get the ‘tea’ taste as much as I had hoped, even when I brewed it with more tea for longer. The sparkles are a really fun touch, but in the future I would just by the sprinkles and but them into a more flavorful tea.

Sad, sad story for a wonderful tea. Delicious, sweet, spicy, and smooth. A great mix of vanilla, clove, and a hint of caramel… and yes, of course… sparkles and shinny thingies!!! All of it smelling oh so delicious in my tea cup, sparkling in the moonlight of our new apartment’s kitchen. Until… I reach over to toss out the leaves from steeping the tea and my entire cup (except for about 3 sips that miraculously managed to stay in the cup) spilled all over the counter!!! I was sooo sad. The tea smelled so so so good. The three sips that stubbornly stayed in my tea cup were tasty, yet only a small reminder of what I could have enjoyed!

I have had this tea many times before, in fact, it is one of the one’s I chose to serve at my wedding ceremony (April 5th, 2014 for those who are wandering!). I enjoy the black tea base which is complemented and not completely hidden by the light spiciness and creamy notes. Caramel is predominant in my opinion, but it is smooth and works well with the mix of flavors. I would especially recommend it to someone who enjoys vanilla and caramel notes, and a sweeter tea. Not really for the chai lovers, since the spicy notes don’t stand out too predominantly (though I do love the clove!!!)

This is the end of the sad story. Tomorrow’s breakfast will bring another cup of this tea, I hope to manage not to spill it everywhere this time! It belongs in my tummy after a quick journey in my mouth befriending my taste-buds. :)

Glad to be back on Steepster married and done with my master’s degree!!! Missed everyone!

Welcome back!

Ninavampi

Thanks Sil! :)

sundaysipping

Congratulations and welcome back! (Sorry about the tea spillage.)

Ysaurella

nice to see you back and congrats for your diploma and wedding

Angrboda

Nina! Lovely to see you again, and congratulations on your degree and your wedding. :)

mrmopar

Congrats all the way around! Welcome back! :)

MissLena

Welcome back! Sounds like an exciting few months for you :D congrats on everything!

Fjellrev

Congratulations, and it’s so nice to see you back!

Kittenna

Nice to see you back! I just returned after a rather long mostly-hiatus, and have been intermittently checking to see who of the people I followed are still active, and was happy to come across your post! :D