Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Clove, Orange Zest, Earth, Spicy, Sugar, Sweet, Marshmallow, Vanilla, Brown Sugar, Lemon Zest, Cloves, Cream, Spices, Butter, Citrusy, Lemon, Oats, Pastries, Citrus, Nutty, Tea, Caramel, Creamy, Milk, Smooth, Orange, Smoke, Malt, Astringent, Floral, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Nice flavor!

1 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

#24daysoftea, day 6. A very solid black tea. I tried steeping it only 4 min, but it definitely needs 5 min for all the spices to start coming out. I’m not really getting much orange flavor, though. A good, quality tea, but I’m not really in love with it.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

The master of subtle yet delicious black tea. Cloves and lemon peel are the main flavours, but remain subdued enough to let the black tea shine through. This manages to be somewhere between a straight tea and a decadent dessert tea, perfect for relaxation. The sparkly gold sprinkles are super cute and give the dry tea a fun look.
Part of the DAVIDsTEA permanent collection.

Flavors: Cloves, Cream, Lemon Zest

I have nothing bad to say about this tea. That being said, I also don’t have very much good to say either.

It’s a very pretty tea and indeed does glitter (until you put milk in it…) but other than that, I find it to be a typical black tea with sugar.

Flavors: Sugar

A.K.A. Unicorn Piss. It’s a nice blend that shimmers in the light.

Glitter underwhelming, and the same can be said for the black tea flavor. Pretty weak compared to other cinnamon black teas I’ve tried. Would only recommend if you prefer lighter teas, like white teas, and are trying to get into black teas.

I’m going to increase my tea to water ratio, and see if that improves this tea for me.

See my full review:

Flavors: Cinnamon

I have the “old” blend and only drink it occasionally. This is the perfect tea on a cold night when you want to cuddle up and read a book.

Clear mugs only as you might not get the full effect of the glitter!

Flavors: Clove, Lemon Zest, Spices

205 °F / 96 °C 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Day 6/24 (Are we really 1/4 of the way there already?!)

Glitter and Gold was one of the first teas I tried at DAVID’s and I really enjoyed it at the time, but they’ve changed the blend since then and I’m not such a fan of the new stuff.

The after taste is really nice. Citrus (coming through very heavily now), oats, cinnamon, cloves, etc. Getting a kind of lemon bar vibe overall (which is great because I LOVE lemon bars!) The problem is the actual tea is very watery. Of course this is in part due to steep times (hopefully) and I still have half the tin to play with to create a stronger brew. Is batch I have in front of me, however, gets a 10/10 for after taste and like a 2/10 for actually drinking it.

Side note: I find this new blend a little lack luster when it comes to the “glitter”, and that’s like half the appeal of this tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Lemon, Oats, Pastries

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 17 OZ / 500 ML

Brewed this up this morning, nice robust flavour with a soft edge. Very happy with this :)

First things first, it’s really pretty when it steeps and it tastes good. A great combination. The little bits of glitter that float in the tea are really aesthetically pleasing. The tea itself it very complex: it has cinnamon, vanilla, cloves, and underlying citrus flavour. The vanilla hint really completes this tea and makes it a really enjoyable tea on a cold dreary day.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Citrus, Clove, Nutty, Spicy, Sugar, Vanilla