Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Orange, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My absolute favorite tea from David’s Tea. First off the glitter – the small sprinkles literally make the tea sparkle and who doesn’t love that? The flavor – orange, cinnamon, and cloves.. Basically pure yumminess!

Recently got this as a sample from my online order. Well, I don’t know. The tea is beautiful, and it smells lovely. But I didn’t get much taste from this. It’s listed as a “chai” on the DAVIDsTEA website, but this really has no spice to it, in my opinion. I definitely wouldn’t consider it a chai. I suppose people who aren’t huge fans of spice would enjoy it though.

Another thing that turned me off was the list of ingredients… definitely not a healthy tea, either!

EDIT: I steeped the rest of my sample with some of my Organic Pure Chai, and wow… it tastes divine as I’m sipping on it right now! Perhaps before I may have just not steeped it long enough, or maybe the extra pure chai gave it the boost I needed. Either way, I suppose I’ll up the rating a bit :)

I don’t generally like cinnamon teas. Usually they are wayy overpowering and too much for me. But this one has just the right amount of cinnamon for me. It’s such a soft and delicate flavor. I never thought I’d like something like this, but man…David’s Tea…proving me wrong time and time again xD Now I wanna get back to work so I can finally put in a big David’s Tea order-thanks, Virginia for all these awesome samples!
I’m gonna end up spending so much money there. XD

Another tea from David’s Tea that gets major points for presentation but falls flat in the taste department. All those little shiny gold things melt into the tea so your tea is all sparkly! Fun! Tastewise, however, it tastes almost exactly like Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Sunset but muted and kind of watered down. If I hadn’t had the H&S version before, I probably would have liked this much better but it’s too subtle for my taste and I NEVER say that about cinnamon teas…most of the time I complain that the cinnamon drowns everything else out. With this tea though, the cinnamon is tamer, which I like, but all the other flavors are just as muted and still don’t get to shine through. It’s a big sparkly cup of meh.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Orange

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Marzipan

So interesting, I am having this one now and it’s all butter toffee.

mj

I was just drinking it plain…maybe I should have added sugar? and/or milk?

Marzipan

I add sugar.

When I was a wee tea newbie, this was the first tea that I was absolutely dying to try. Sipping it all down tonight was symbolic of how far I have come, tea-wise. Sparkle pony tea holds a place in my heart but I am pretty much over it, and on to thoroughbreds.

Memily

Sparkle pony tea!!! Hahaha <3

Stephanie

hehehe :)

Cheri

That’s a good way to describe your tea journey. I feel the same, only I’m still going. Pretty ponies to start, and then to racing 2 year olds. I love those racing horses still, but I’m also developing an appreciation for the Clydesdale….

Had this after reading mj1851 ‘s review that it is mute and watery. I remember thinking it was meh, but I had to try to make it better. I over-leafed, used less water and steeped in boiling water for 5 minutes. The end result is a black tea base that doesn’t really taste like much, with strong notes of orange peel and cinnamon. It is also quite sweet, with some caramel notes. Still watery-ish, but much better, but I have to say I agree with her when she says that the flavours are not anything special.

Not as strong as I’d like for a black tea but it is still very pleasant.

8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I’m a sucker for pretty things, and this tea is really gorgeous. It contains gold sugar beads and little silver sugar crystals.

Before, during, and after steeping, the smell is awesome. It’s spicy and sweet smelling. I infuse this for around 5 minutes.

The taste is very good, and the spiciness apparent in the aroma comes through nicely. I think this would be excellent as an iced tea, but I have not tried that yet. Since the tea itself contains sugar crystals, it has plenty of sweetness. I wouldn’t suggest adding milk because of the effect described below.

Here’s the best part about this tea: as it steeps, the gold and silver sugar dissolves, and as you look at the tea, you can see tiny little sparkles. Like the title says – it’s glittery! This is probably best served in a dark cup to really get the full effect.

It would be a lovely tea for the holidays, for guests, or when you’re just feeling like you need something beautiful to drink! This one just makes me happy. :)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Saturday Sample Sipdown! I plan to do 8 sipdowns between now and Monday night, and this is the first one.

I really wanted to like this tea because it smells so nice and gentle when dry. However, the brewed taste is really disappointing. I want more orange and sweetness than there actually is. I do like how the tea glitters with gold specks right after you finish steeping. But alas, glitter is not enough. So long!