Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Citrus, Clove, Nutty, Spicy, Sugar, Vanilla, Cloves, Tea, Caramel, Creamy, Milk, Smooth, Sweet, Spices, Orange, Smoke, Lemon, Malt, Astringent, Floral, Chocolate
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The smell of this is SO GOOD. It reminds me of some baked good I can’t quite place. Definitely one of the best smelling David’s Teas I’ve had so far. Watching it steep was like watching a little tiny universe in my cup with all the glitter! The only part I didn’t like was the gold bits breaking because they kind of looked like a gold chocolate wrapper in my tea.

The taste instantly reminded me of Celestial Seasonings’ Bengal Spice, which was totally welcomed! This one is a little weaker, though… a huge benefit to Bengal Spice is how I can steep it more to make it really strong. I’ll try that with this one too but I don’t think it’ll work. But I read the ingredients and there was no cinnamon listed, which is kind of odd… I’m usually not too concerned about the artificial flavouring but that did weird me out a bit. It’s such a comforting taste and aroma that I’ll still drink it though. It reminds me of Santa’s Secret, which is my reigning favourite. The cloves make it smell & taste pretty Christmas-y, so I think I’ll only pick up another bag at Christmas-time (to make it more special). It reminds me of Christmas so much it feels a little out of place drinking it in March!

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Vanilla

5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp

This was my gateway tea to DAVIDsTEA. I sampled a brewed cup in-store and fell in love.

I brought some home and followed the Tea Guide’s instructions to make a tea latte. I enjoy this every so often, but lately this tea has fallen wayside in my favourites. The flavour is lacklustre and disappointing. I much prefer Red Velvet Cake for a “dessert” tea.

Flavors: Caramel, Cinnamon, Clove, Creamy, Milk, Smooth

Boiling 7 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I’ve had this tea for a long time but never tried it. It’s a nice, simple black tea with just the right amount of sweetness. I didn’t taste the other flavours, like cinnamon, but I do have a cold. Recommended for people who like sweet black tea. No more messing about with sugars/sweeteners!

Flavors: Sugar, Sweet

I picked up a tiny sample of this tea when I was at DavidsTea over the weekend because I was intrigued by the gold glitter. I don’t know how they do it, but the tea really does shimmer and sparkle. Even the dregs at the bottom of the cup were sparkly. To be honest it is kind of unsettling, but it still made me smile.

The tea tastes pretty good too, nothing special. I don’t think I would buy more of this, but I did like it.

This would be a good gift for a tea-drinking Twilight fan…

Mmmmmm this tea is tasty. Perfect on a cold day! I wanted to try something new from David’s so I took a chance and bought 100g of this while they had a sale on. It was a good chance to take!

This is a pretty spicy tea. The cloves are really coming through in this one. I like the flavor of cloves though so it isn’t a bad thing really (although I don’t leave the tea bag in the whole time for this one because the clove flavor can get a bit too strong – it’s easy to manage though). The “glitter and gold” aspect of the tea is kind of whimsical too! The shimmering tea is really pretty to look at. The balls of sugar do make the tea sweet, so it’s not an overpowering spice.

This isn’t a tea that I drink on a regular basis so I don’t think I will need to replenish my stock anytime soon, but I do really like it and probably will get some more of it eventually!

I would recommend this to anybody who is new to DAVIDsTEA and wants to try a really popular flavor with a unique twist.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Spices, Sweet

OMG I forgot I had this one in the cupboard!! I got this tea almost exactly a year ago today! January 14th, 2014! Crazy!

Lets just say I was super excited when I found this the other day. Sipping on a cup at work and I just LOVE the glitter. I enjoy that my tea is sparkly! Makes the tea so fun. Its like a fairy in a cup… if that makes any sense at all. As for taste I’ve mentioned before I’m not a chai drinker and this reminds me of chai but not at the same time. To me its like a yummy chai! I really enjoy the clovey, orangey, vanilla taste. MMMM good!

However I wouldn’t drink this all the time, its a nice surprise to be in my cupboard and I will savour the last few cups randomly throughout this month and next.

Flavors: Clove, Orange, Vanilla

EmilyGee

Oooh I love chai tea, I’ll have to try this time the next time I’m in David’s – sounds delicious!

Megan Low

Definitely try it! Its delicious and so pretty with the sparkles. I’m pretty positive when I bought it the only reason I bought it was because the girl told me it sparkled and I was pretty new to tea last year :P Sparkly tea count me in! Haha.

I’m firmly on the fence about this one. Sometimes I drink it and find it soothing and tasty, other times I’m bothered by it being a bit on the weak side. I think it’s mostly that it’s well suited to relaxing, rather than being on the run. So when I have it in the morning when I need a firm kick in the ass, it just doesn’t rise to that occasion.

I added some vanilla almond milk to my latest cup and, to me, that seemed to highlight the cinnamon. Only downside of that is I could no longer see the pretty little sparkles, which looks fantastic in the new glass travel tumbler I snagged!

In the bag the tea is so pretty with the gold balls. Love the shimmer of the tea once brewed… so pretty. I was expecting more cinnamon and spice flavor but was pleasantly surprised that it has a subtle flavor of cinnamon, orange, and a touch of clove. It’s a super smooth black tea and I really enjoyed it.

I had a hankering for a simple tea this morning. The nice thing about this tea is I always like it. I mean, it’s hard for me to screw up. Not quite the quality of Whispering Pines and Tippy’s Tea’s dessert-like teas, but satisfying none the less.

sweetea

I finished my teeny packet of this one. Debating with my past-self whether I should get more or not. It’s such a nice, simple, reliable tea!

Maddy Barone

It is a nice tea. Like I said, it’s not quite as good as Golden Orchid or Minted Monkey, but it’s a decent tea that I know I like. I even saw a hint of glitter in the cup this morning! (Unless that was just the sun shining on the tea debris on the bottom of the cup) LOL

Nicole

No, it glitters. It is fabulous for looks alone. The taste is fine but the looks are really what keep it in my cupboard. I can be shallow that way :)

I love how the gold balls dissolve into a lovely shimmer in my cup. When you stir the tea, the sparkles swirl around like a tiny cosmos. You have to actively look for the shimmer (it’s subtle), but what a fun tea experience! The taste is typical black, with cloves prominent, and nice hints of sugar, citrus, and vanilla. It’s nice, but not a must-have for my cupboard.

200 °F / 93 °C 7 min, 30 sec 5 g 10 OZ / 295 ML