Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Caramel, Clove, Lemon, Malt, Sweet, Vanilla, Astringent, Floral, Sugar, Cinnamon, Citrus, Spicy, Chocolate, Orange, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Alright I am determined to get better at tea logging!! I may miss a few for the next 19 days due to moving into my first house :) It has been crazy with packing, meeting with the bank and such. I have packed away 90% of my tea, regretting this decision already. Argh I am craving yunnan this morning!!! But I am forcing myself not to tear through every box to get it. Instead I will drink up the teas I haven’t pack; samples and other teas that get ignored due to favourites and exciting new teas I buy. OOO speaking of new teas I am SUPER excited to receive my order of the February Box of customized Verdant tea blends from Amoda!

This tea smells nice and spicy! mmm vanilla, cinnamon and a hint of citrus. The cloves and cinnamon taste is more of what I was expect from the gingerbread tea. Just add a hit of molasses and to me this would be a perfect gingerbread. Love how the tea sparkles.

Terri HarpLady

Congrats on the new house!! :)

charchar

Thank you!!! Can’t wait to be organized again rather then living out of boxes haha

Terri HarpLady

Even though it’s a lot of work, it’s so much fun making a house your own!

charchar

I can not wait to decorate!!! Its hard not to buy accents now. Can not wait to make it my cozy sanctuary :)

Terri HarpLady

Mine has been a work in progress for 12 years or so. It takes me a long time to figure out what I want, in terms of color & decor, I’m just not that visually oriented, but I came up with colors that somehow are soothing, energizing, & help me to feel happy at the same time :) I still have a lot to do, but its an old house, so there are always things to do!

charchar

Your best to take your time, otherwise you end up with a room that makes you say what was I thinking. My plan is to have neutral furniture and walls. Then all my accents can be colourful and they are cheaper to change as my taste changes throughout the coming years. I already have a list that is scary long of things that need done in the house and I haven’t even moved in yet haha

hahaha
AND I know what you mean! My daughter & her husband have lived in their house (1 block away from me) for 11 years, & they have completely redone their kitchen now twice, are working on their 2nd remodeling of the downstairs bathroom, & have repainted all of the other rooms several times, because they got tired of the colors. For awhile they went extremely bold, their dining room was so intensely red (I think they called it merlot) that I could hardly stand to be there, lol. I’m more of an earth tones kind of person, for the most part.

charchar

oh wow!!!! haha thats a lot of money! hahaha ya thats why i do neutral walls and furniture :) red or merlot would be….. interesting say the least. I am pulling my inspiration for my living and dining room from a picture of a tree in the woods :) so earthy and cozy

Terri HarpLady

Nice! I did something similar. In my office I have a watercolor of a creek in the spring, which I got as partial payment from the artist for playing her art show. I picked a color that sets it off. In my Studio there is another painting, sort of a Georgia O’Keeffe type thing, done by a local artist. I got that one as partial payment for playing her wedding. If it wasn’t for trading at gigs, I probably wouldn’t have any art on my walls!

charchar

That sounds beautiful :) Its nice to have art pieces that mean something, tells a story. I love art that comes alive, its like every time you look at it you see a movie clip.

Giggling and happy like a little kid. I freaking love this tea!!! Lol it glittery!!! Sunny side in a mug!!! Lol. Ok so I don’t like chai, cinnamon that of teas, never had. But this tea is perfect!!! Glitter & Gold was actually my gateway tea for Davids Tea and I can also say my gateway tea for being on Steepster! I was doing training for San Francisco’s Lush on Powell St and my coworker Elizabeth were talking and randomly talking about tea! She told me a place called Davids Tea, down the street, was amazing. Unfortunately, my time at SF was short and I had no play time. But When I got back home to Vegas, a package from Elizabeth came!! Inside was of course, Glitter & Gold. Yay!!!!!
The smell, smells like chai but then you get the orange peel notes. I hesitated at first knowing I don’t like chai, but damn my first sip, church bells rang and angels sang. Lol!!

3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

This was a more wonderful than average, swirling glittery golden tea today. Maybe because it’s freezing cold, and it’s creamy cinnamon warmth was just what I was looking for? Perhaps. This is an awesome tea anyway, but it was unbeatable today. Sparkly autumn perfection.

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp
Dustin

The glitter really is quite mesmerizing! It is a tea I love to watch!

This was a good brew. The sparkle was fun. I enjoyed the slight spice and bit of orange (which I got more in fragrance versus actual taste.) My experience with black tea is limited, but from what I’ve tried this one seems more mellow than others I’ve had. Not something I would run out and buy, but if someone said “hey, would you like me to make a cup of this for you?” I wouldn’t say no ;)

This tea is one of my staples but I haven’t reviewed it yet! This was the first tea I tried from DavidsTea and I fell in love at first sip. I can really taste the vanilla and sweetness from the orange peel. I have this tea almost every morning and I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of it. Mmmmm.

I love love love this tea! It tastes like cinnamon and orange and it glitters. Wonderful!

Not my favourite blend, by far, but it’s actually a really nice tea for coming back home after a long day at work (full of idiots) and a moderately long trek in the cold snow. I’m just a little disappointed with how strong the cloves come out. It’s not an unpleasant taste, but I think I’ll go for something with more vanilla text time.

What fascinated everyone in the house, though, was the fact that the cold ‘paint’ on the sugar pellets seemed to have peeled off and were then floating around in my mug. It actually really was a pretty sight, but honestly I spent more time stirring my tea and gawking at the shiny flecks than actually drinking it.

Tea smells good a little bit spicey, although again there is a weird underlying, offensive smell? Worried I got a disjunction all batch of tea! Brewed a bit lighter than I as expecting, but I may not have gotten the measurements right. I can see the sparkles in my teas which is so cool ;) tastes pretty good. Again, I liked it but not as much as I was hoping I would.

Had this tea on my way to work this morning. The lightness of the cinnamon taste and a nice, light aftertaste of ginger make this tea one I will buy again. It smells almost cider like, with a hint of cinnamon and not too strong if brewed correctly. Definitely a favourite for my morning cup of caffeinated tea.
Plus let’s face it, who doesn’t get intrigued by a swirling sparkling tea?

Glitter and Gold is regrettably not vegetarian, as the little gold sugar balls contain gelatin. I did have a cup of this, but I opted to take out the gold balls before I brewed it, so I’m not sure if I got quite as much sugar as is normally in this blend. I didn’t want to use the gold balls, but they do make for a pretty tea!

Opening the tin gave an overwhelming smell of cloves and vanilla, which is actually rather nice. There’s also a slight fruity undertone, which can be attributed to the orange peel. When brewed, it tastes like cinnamon and vanilla, which masks a lot of the black tea flavor. It’s also very sweet because of the sugar crystals, but good. With the cinnamon, it’s a nice holiday tea that I’d definitely revisit if it was vegetarian.