Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Sugar, Citrus, Clove, Smoke, Caramel, Lemon, Malt, Sweet, Vanilla, Astringent, Floral, Spicy, Chocolate, Orange, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’m a sucker for pretty things, and this tea is really gorgeous. It contains gold sugar beads and little silver sugar crystals.

Before, during, and after steeping, the smell is awesome. It’s spicy and sweet smelling. I infuse this for around 5 minutes.

The taste is very good, and the spiciness apparent in the aroma comes through nicely. I think this would be excellent as an iced tea, but I have not tried that yet. Since the tea itself contains sugar crystals, it has plenty of sweetness. I wouldn’t suggest adding milk because of the effect described below.

Here’s the best part about this tea: as it steeps, the gold and silver sugar dissolves, and as you look at the tea, you can see tiny little sparkles. Like the title says – it’s glittery! This is probably best served in a dark cup to really get the full effect.

It would be a lovely tea for the holidays, for guests, or when you’re just feeling like you need something beautiful to drink! This one just makes me happy. :)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Saturday Sample Sipdown! I plan to do 8 sipdowns between now and Monday night, and this is the first one.

I really wanted to like this tea because it smells so nice and gentle when dry. However, the brewed taste is really disappointing. I want more orange and sweetness than there actually is. I do like how the tea glitters with gold specks right after you finish steeping. But alas, glitter is not enough. So long!

Next! So I’ve heard tell that some feel that this tea is fairly similar to DT’s Sugar & Spice (Fall 2013 collection) so since I missed out on getting S&S prior to its discontinuation (though now that I look it’s seems like they might still have some left… hmmm…) I thought I would give this a shot.

Dry this tea is very… well if bling-y was a word that’s what this tea would be, visually anyways. Black tea with gold sugar balls and sugar crystals (plus the bits of lemon peel) make for a very eye catching tea. Scent wise the sweet sugar and vanilla are the main notes with some undertones from the cloves and lemon peel to help break things up. I don’t find much from the black tea though.

The slightly murky, orange-brown liquor has a similar scent profile, though the sugar has toned down and instead I get more from the cloves. There’s the odd citrus/lemon note but it’s not very prevalent. As for the flavor… I could sum it up in one “word” (I’m into making things up as I go today!) Meh. The clove melds nicely with the malty notes from the Chinese black base and the vanilla is the icing on the cake of that combo but aside from that it’s very one-note. I’ll get a hit every once and a while from the lemon but it almost comes through (for me anyways) like detergent lemon rather than the bright citrus that it “should” be. And it’s almost too sweet for my tastes, a bit cloying really.

In the end, I’m glad I tried it but I won’t get it again. Oh well, I can’t love them all!

I’ve been wanting to try this tea for the longest time because SPARKLES AHHHH

When I smelled this in store, it definitely smelled like a tea I would not enjoy. I don’t like super spicy teas? And the orange peel was a bit off-putting, but dude. Sparkles. So I just had to get it ahah.

I brewed this like SUPER quickly. Like I only brewed it for about 3 minutes, and it went straight into my Timolino with a dash of agave and I was out the door. I didn’t even have time to taste it on its own! But it ended up okay :) Sad that it was super rushed, but I managed to finish it all and enjoy my time. Definitely going to try this tea sometime this week, and this time it won’t be rushed ahha

In other news, the reason why I was rushed is because my cousins and I were almost late for the movie! It started at 4:05, and I started brewing my tea at like 3:40. 10 minutes to boil water and steep your tea really isn’t enough time. My dad literally rushed to the theater ahha. But we were sat up right at the front, but it was all good since I had my tea with me :)
Divergent is a good movie! I was kinda bitter about it because I broke my book/movie rule. This is the first time in years that I watched a movie first before reading the book. Ahh well, I have the book! I just haven’t found the time to read it :/ The quarter is starting so I’ll read as much as I can before I drown in all my tests and papers.

I am 98% convinced that Steepster ate my previous note on this one. I have a very distinct memory of writing it, but I can’t actually find it. Uncool. However, I’m willing to concede the slightest possibility that I drafted it in my mind and forgot to actually memorialize it.

This is yet another tea that MissB thoughtfully included with my stash sale purchase because it was on my wishlist. Thank you!

So. This tea. It glitters. It has sparkly little sugar balls. It tastes like vanilla and cinnamon and spice. It is creamy and delicious. It makes me sad that I can’t drink black tea regularly. But it makes me happy that I got to try this tasty treat. And further that I get to call this a sipdown. After my pull at the Coffee and Tea Festival today, I’m at 182 teas (excluding this one). Eep! New goal: 175 by the end of the week!

JustJames

must admit… tea with graphic effects are neat =0)

MissB

Woot! So glad you liked it. :)

Alright I am determined to get better at tea logging!! I may miss a few for the next 19 days due to moving into my first house :) It has been crazy with packing, meeting with the bank and such. I have packed away 90% of my tea, regretting this decision already. Argh I am craving yunnan this morning!!! But I am forcing myself not to tear through every box to get it. Instead I will drink up the teas I haven’t pack; samples and other teas that get ignored due to favourites and exciting new teas I buy. OOO speaking of new teas I am SUPER excited to receive my order of the February Box of customized Verdant tea blends from Amoda!

This tea smells nice and spicy! mmm vanilla, cinnamon and a hint of citrus. The cloves and cinnamon taste is more of what I was expect from the gingerbread tea. Just add a hit of molasses and to me this would be a perfect gingerbread. Love how the tea sparkles.

Terri HarpLady

Congrats on the new house!! :)

charchar

Thank you!!! Can’t wait to be organized again rather then living out of boxes haha

Terri HarpLady

Even though it’s a lot of work, it’s so much fun making a house your own!

charchar

I can not wait to decorate!!! Its hard not to buy accents now. Can not wait to make it my cozy sanctuary :)

Terri HarpLady

Mine has been a work in progress for 12 years or so. It takes me a long time to figure out what I want, in terms of color & decor, I’m just not that visually oriented, but I came up with colors that somehow are soothing, energizing, & help me to feel happy at the same time :) I still have a lot to do, but its an old house, so there are always things to do!

charchar

Your best to take your time, otherwise you end up with a room that makes you say what was I thinking. My plan is to have neutral furniture and walls. Then all my accents can be colourful and they are cheaper to change as my taste changes throughout the coming years. I already have a list that is scary long of things that need done in the house and I haven’t even moved in yet haha

hahaha
AND I know what you mean! My daughter & her husband have lived in their house (1 block away from me) for 11 years, & they have completely redone their kitchen now twice, are working on their 2nd remodeling of the downstairs bathroom, & have repainted all of the other rooms several times, because they got tired of the colors. For awhile they went extremely bold, their dining room was so intensely red (I think they called it merlot) that I could hardly stand to be there, lol. I’m more of an earth tones kind of person, for the most part.

charchar

oh wow!!!! haha thats a lot of money! hahaha ya thats why i do neutral walls and furniture :) red or merlot would be….. interesting say the least. I am pulling my inspiration for my living and dining room from a picture of a tree in the woods :) so earthy and cozy

Terri HarpLady

Nice! I did something similar. In my office I have a watercolor of a creek in the spring, which I got as partial payment from the artist for playing her art show. I picked a color that sets it off. In my Studio there is another painting, sort of a Georgia O’Keeffe type thing, done by a local artist. I got that one as partial payment for playing her wedding. If it wasn’t for trading at gigs, I probably wouldn’t have any art on my walls!

charchar

That sounds beautiful :) Its nice to have art pieces that mean something, tells a story. I love art that comes alive, its like every time you look at it you see a movie clip.

Giggling and happy like a little kid. I freaking love this tea!!! Lol it glittery!!! Sunny side in a mug!!! Lol. Ok so I don’t like chai, cinnamon that of teas, never had. But this tea is perfect!!! Glitter & Gold was actually my gateway tea for Davids Tea and I can also say my gateway tea for being on Steepster! I was doing training for San Francisco’s Lush on Powell St and my coworker Elizabeth were talking and randomly talking about tea! She told me a place called Davids Tea, down the street, was amazing. Unfortunately, my time at SF was short and I had no play time. But When I got back home to Vegas, a package from Elizabeth came!! Inside was of course, Glitter & Gold. Yay!!!!!
The smell, smells like chai but then you get the orange peel notes. I hesitated at first knowing I don’t like chai, but damn my first sip, church bells rang and angels sang. Lol!!

3 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 14 OZ / 414 ML

This was a more wonderful than average, swirling glittery golden tea today. Maybe because it’s freezing cold, and it’s creamy cinnamon warmth was just what I was looking for? Perhaps. This is an awesome tea anyway, but it was unbeatable today. Sparkly autumn perfection.

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp
Dustin

The glitter really is quite mesmerizing! It is a tea I love to watch!

This was a good brew. The sparkle was fun. I enjoyed the slight spice and bit of orange (which I got more in fragrance versus actual taste.) My experience with black tea is limited, but from what I’ve tried this one seems more mellow than others I’ve had. Not something I would run out and buy, but if someone said “hey, would you like me to make a cup of this for you?” I wouldn’t say no ;)