Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Astringent, Clove, Floral, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Citrus, Lemon, Spicy, Chocolate, Orange, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This was a more wonderful than average, swirling glittery golden tea today. Maybe because it’s freezing cold, and it’s creamy cinnamon warmth was just what I was looking for? Perhaps. This is an awesome tea anyway, but it was unbeatable today. Sparkly autumn perfection.

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp
Dustin

The glitter really is quite mesmerizing! It is a tea I love to watch!

This was a good brew. The sparkle was fun. I enjoyed the slight spice and bit of orange (which I got more in fragrance versus actual taste.) My experience with black tea is limited, but from what I’ve tried this one seems more mellow than others I’ve had. Not something I would run out and buy, but if someone said “hey, would you like me to make a cup of this for you?” I wouldn’t say no ;)

This tea is one of my staples but I haven’t reviewed it yet! This was the first tea I tried from DavidsTea and I fell in love at first sip. I can really taste the vanilla and sweetness from the orange peel. I have this tea almost every morning and I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of it. Mmmmm.

I love love love this tea! It tastes like cinnamon and orange and it glitters. Wonderful!

Not my favourite blend, by far, but it’s actually a really nice tea for coming back home after a long day at work (full of idiots) and a moderately long trek in the cold snow. I’m just a little disappointed with how strong the cloves come out. It’s not an unpleasant taste, but I think I’ll go for something with more vanilla text time.

What fascinated everyone in the house, though, was the fact that the cold ‘paint’ on the sugar pellets seemed to have peeled off and were then floating around in my mug. It actually really was a pretty sight, but honestly I spent more time stirring my tea and gawking at the shiny flecks than actually drinking it.

Tea smells good a little bit spicey, although again there is a weird underlying, offensive smell? Worried I got a disjunction all batch of tea! Brewed a bit lighter than I as expecting, but I may not have gotten the measurements right. I can see the sparkles in my teas which is so cool ;) tastes pretty good. Again, I liked it but not as much as I was hoping I would.

Had this tea on my way to work this morning. The lightness of the cinnamon taste and a nice, light aftertaste of ginger make this tea one I will buy again. It smells almost cider like, with a hint of cinnamon and not too strong if brewed correctly. Definitely a favourite for my morning cup of caffeinated tea.
Plus let’s face it, who doesn’t get intrigued by a swirling sparkling tea?

Glitter and Gold is regrettably not vegetarian, as the little gold sugar balls contain gelatin. I did have a cup of this, but I opted to take out the gold balls before I brewed it, so I’m not sure if I got quite as much sugar as is normally in this blend. I didn’t want to use the gold balls, but they do make for a pretty tea!

Opening the tin gave an overwhelming smell of cloves and vanilla, which is actually rather nice. There’s also a slight fruity undertone, which can be attributed to the orange peel. When brewed, it tastes like cinnamon and vanilla, which masks a lot of the black tea flavor. It’s also very sweet because of the sugar crystals, but good. With the cinnamon, it’s a nice holiday tea that I’d definitely revisit if it was vegetarian.

Pretty, fun, sparkly, little gold pieces, sugar…this is a tea that is meant to be looked at…the gold balls break down and your tea shimmers with gold. The taste…well…it is not as fine.

Nice black tea with vanilla and sugar. Looked much more special than it tasted.