Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Vanilla, Orange
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Glitter and Gold is regrettably not vegetarian, as the little gold sugar balls contain gelatin. I did have a cup of this, but I opted to take out the gold balls before I brewed it, so I’m not sure if I got quite as much sugar as is normally in this blend. I didn’t want to use the gold balls, but they do make for a pretty tea!

Opening the tin gave an overwhelming smell of cloves and vanilla, which is actually rather nice. There’s also a slight fruity undertone, which can be attributed to the orange peel. When brewed, it tastes like cinnamon and vanilla, which masks a lot of the black tea flavor. It’s also very sweet because of the sugar crystals, but good. With the cinnamon, it’s a nice holiday tea that I’d definitely revisit if it was vegetarian.

Pretty, fun, sparkly, little gold pieces, sugar…this is a tea that is meant to be looked at…the gold balls break down and your tea shimmers with gold. The taste…well…it is not as fine.

Nice black tea with vanilla and sugar. Looked much more special than it tasted.

Day #13 of the advent calendar! Another old favourite. Black tea, orange, cloves (and I added some milk)… Mmm. I’m not usually a fan of extra sugar in my tea, but I don’t know, I think it works in this one. Also, it’s pretty and sparkly in my mug. :D

This is my favorite black tea of all time, hands down. I go through so much of this stuff. It’s subtly sweet and I love the spice, and as a very visual person the melted gold shimmers that swim in my cup are a delight to look at.

I absolutely love this tea! Definitely one of my top 5 from David’s Tea. It’s perfect for the winter. It has the perfect blend of cinnamon and the glitter just makes it that much more enjoyable.

When I first started drinking this tea, I had no idea it was chai. Granted, I wasn’t entirely paying attention, (perhaps blindsided by the glistening gold sugar balls!) but it was like-at-first-sip. I don’t love it, but it’s a good tea to have for a bit of variety. I’ll drink it, but I do have teas that I prefer over this one. I do give it points for the shine & sparkle though, that is fantastic.

It was okay. The sparkling was beautiful but I am not crazy fond of the flavour. I can drink it but it won’t get as much attention as some of my other black teas.

One of my favorite teas ever! Tastes like heaven and I like the glitter in it!

Is sparkles!! How exciting!

I’m making this tea to help comfort me a bit as I think about a classmate we all lost very recently. It’s my first time trying this one, and I like the smell. Spicy and fruity.. it’s very comforting, and great for fall.. Exactly what I wanted.