Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea is very beautiful to brew. The gold sugar dissolves and makes the tea glittery. It is a bit sweet on it’s own, but I wouldn’t want to add milk to it to ruin the glittery effect.

I am going to have to try this one again! I feel like my tiny sample might have been old,or something, because so many of the tasting notes talk about the chai similarities and cinnamon flavors… which I am not getting here.

To me, this was a very nice and mild vanilla black tea with a hint of snickerdoodles. And it was glittery! So I felt like I was drinking pixie dust. I liked it, but I would like it even more heavily spiced, so I’m going to pick up a little bit more when I go back to their store.

It’s funny how I always wanted to try this tea and never did until my advent calendar. It looks so good and fun with the gold balls. But when I did try it, it was no good. I’m not sure why, if it was oversteeping, not enough tea, or what but I thought it was too bland for me. I love black teas and I will give this one another try since there are so many people that like it.

I have had such a hard time figuring out this tea. I didn’t realize it was going to taste cinnamon-y, so that really threw me off. It smells lovely! The smell alone transports you to another place.
Like I said, the taste really gets me though. I do like it, but I have to get use to it. It’s really a strange tea.

I tried this tea for the first time at a friend’s place. It was her favorite. I love that it sparkles and I really enjoyed it at her house! I have a 50g bag of my own and find that in moderation it is alright but there is something about it that leaves a weird aftertaste in my mouth, maybe the artificial flavoring? I don’t think I would buy a tin.

I love this tea. It has just the right amount of sweet and vanilla which is balanced out by the orange and the clove. Its like a sparkly dessert in a mug.

I love this tea.

I was writing a paper overnight, and this tea was my constant companion. It was perfect without anything added (it’s got sugar in it already in the crystals and gold balls) and so comforting when I was ripping out my hair at 3 AM.

Whenever I open the bag and get a whiff of it though, I don’t want to drink it. It smells artificial and gross. But steeped is it’s redeeming factor: it is warm and comforting, coyingly sweet and makes me feel like I’m cuddled up in bed.

This will be a staple in my cupboard.

A slightly spicy, sweet treat. Cinnamon and light cove tastes stand out the most, but are complemented by the sweetness of the sugar crystals in the tea. Overall an easy drink, but not an everyday tea for me.

Although black tea is not my favourite tea, glitter & gold is pretty good!

So pretty and I love the idea of drinking it. I’m not a huge fan of black teas but I liked this. I shared it with my mommy and she loved it.