Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Mellow… beautiful brew color… not entirely sure if the sugar pairs well with the tea. Will have to try it again. Very strong clove flavor.

Sparklier than an abusive vampire boyfriend in the sunlight. Pleasant, sweet, vanilla-clove flavour. I wouldn’t disagree if you told me this one reminded you of xmas. Good stuff.

Did not like this tea, despite all its glitz and glam. It tasted artificial.

At first I wasn’t quite sure if I’d like this flavour but after ta few sips I’d say I’d probably go for another cup or bring a bag of it home. I’m not a fan of cinnamon but there’s only hints of it so it wasn’t so bad!

Looks really beautiful and festive when dry.

Steeped, the tea itself had a very weak taste—next time I might steep this longer than recommended. The flavor was mainly vanilla and clove.

Stacey: I think I get what you were saying earlier; DAVIDsTEA has a black tea base and this is it. I’d like to try this one with my grandma, I think, because it reminds me so much of orange pekoe which she loves. It’d be fun to have a clear glass to get the whole effect of the ‘glitteryness’, too. This tea is another not-too-crazy-pretty-solid-wouldn’t-scare-anyone-off tea. Simple, relaxing, and sparkling. 7.5/10

Brooke: Yep. I love the glitter, I think that’s really unique… but I think without the visual, this tea is quite normal. It’s a good breakfast tea; it’s got some sparkle… but damn. If I have to stub my toe every time I want a cup, I’ll pass. It’s not worth the throbbing ache I get to deal with for the next day or two. In all seriousness, it’s a decent tea, but the “ooh ahh” factor is in the sparkle, not the taste. 6.5/10
See our full review here: http://teaconnoisseurs.wordpress.com/2012/12/06/

I absolutely love this tea. Definitely one that is more of a neutral as far as flavor and one that I would keep on hand all the time.

Well David’s Tea have done it, they’ve made a black tea that I really, really like, it’s a first!

I’m drinking it with unsweetened almond milk and a teeny bit of agave and it’s perfect. Smooth, sweet, little hint of warming cinnamon. This might just be the first black tea I will keep ‘in stock’.

#6. This didn’t really do anything for me. It tasted like a sweet black tea so it still made for an enjoyable cup of tea but did not wow me.

This tea was actually given to me for free at a DT store when they had run out of the 911 tea that my mom was looking for. Yes, that’s right. 100g of this godly tea, all for free thanks to the kind hearted employees of my favourite tea emporium. I had originally tried this tea at a friend’s house who offered me some in thanks for letting him try my Alpine Punch. Not sure what the tea even tasted like, I was excited to try it for the glitter that appears in your tea after steeping it. I got so excited about the steeping process that I actually purchased a clear glass traveler from David’s with the bamboo lid in order to steep this and have everyone else see the magic that unfolds when the tea is ready to drink. Not to mention the quality of taste, this tea is a definite favourite