Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon, Orange, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

One of my favorite teas ever! Tastes like heaven and I like the glitter in it!

Is sparkles!! How exciting!

I’m making this tea to help comfort me a bit as I think about a classmate we all lost very recently. It’s my first time trying this one, and I like the smell. Spicy and fruity.. it’s very comforting, and great for fall.. Exactly what I wanted.

The 4th tea out of 5 that I bought from DavidsTea. This one I actually was pretty okay with. It was very pretty and with a tiny bit of sugar and it tasted pretty good. Something stupid in my mind decided to add a little drop of milk to cool it down. BIG MISTAKE! It went all bitter and gross. I think this is a tea I would get again if opportunity arose, but I learned my lesson about adding anything but sugar to this one!

This tea is very beautiful to brew. The gold sugar dissolves and makes the tea glittery. It is a bit sweet on it’s own, but I wouldn’t want to add milk to it to ruin the glittery effect.

I am going to have to try this one again! I feel like my tiny sample might have been old,or something, because so many of the tasting notes talk about the chai similarities and cinnamon flavors… which I am not getting here.

To me, this was a very nice and mild vanilla black tea with a hint of snickerdoodles. And it was glittery! So I felt like I was drinking pixie dust. I liked it, but I would like it even more heavily spiced, so I’m going to pick up a little bit more when I go back to their store.

It’s funny how I always wanted to try this tea and never did until my advent calendar. It looks so good and fun with the gold balls. But when I did try it, it was no good. I’m not sure why, if it was oversteeping, not enough tea, or what but I thought it was too bland for me. I love black teas and I will give this one another try since there are so many people that like it.

My last review of this one was two years ago and I didn’t know it was a cinnamon tea at the time of tasting it! Now, I am getting close to a sipdown (I think so anyways) so I thought I should update my review.

This tea is a very bold cinnamon tea with a sweetness that isn’t too overpowering, and it’s not a sweetness that leaves you puckering in a way that like, oh I dunno… the dreaded HIBISCUS does!
This tea is absolutely amazing. I totally love it and I can’t get enough in a lot of ways. I want to try to make a latte with this, but I never have my latte’s turn out right… it makes me sad. They can’t be that hard to make!

Anyways, I’m getting close to the end of this one so I’ll have to stock up on this at some point soon again. Maybe the next time that I go to my in-laws house! They just got a Davidstea in their area and how that my mom-in-law has the 15% off card, I can’t go wrong right?
I’m really drinking down the cinnamon teas. Not sure what it is about them that I’m loving, but it’s something… we’ll see. Plus, did you know that cinnamon is great for the metabolism? Yep. My husband and I read it somewhere and we got a recipe for a rub to put on pork chops! It’s basically cinnamon, salt and pepper and I forget what else. But it made the pork chops cinnamon-y which I didn’t think would taste good, but it was awesome!

Anyway, I’m totally off onto other things here than tea. So, I shall stop…. right…. meow.

I tried this tea for the first time at a friend’s place. It was her favorite. I love that it sparkles and I really enjoyed it at her house! I have a 50g bag of my own and find that in moderation it is alright but there is something about it that leaves a weird aftertaste in my mouth, maybe the artificial flavoring? I don’t think I would buy a tin.

I love this tea. It has just the right amount of sweet and vanilla which is balanced out by the orange and the clove. Its like a sparkly dessert in a mug.

I love this tea.

I was writing a paper overnight, and this tea was my constant companion. It was perfect without anything added (it’s got sugar in it already in the crystals and gold balls) and so comforting when I was ripping out my hair at 3 AM.

Whenever I open the bag and get a whiff of it though, I don’t want to drink it. It smells artificial and gross. But steeped is it’s redeeming factor: it is warm and comforting, coyingly sweet and makes me feel like I’m cuddled up in bed.

This will be a staple in my cupboard.