Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Astringent, Clove, Floral, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Citrus, Lemon, Spicy, Chocolate, Orange, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day #13 of the advent calendar! Another old favourite. Black tea, orange, cloves (and I added some milk)… Mmm. I’m not usually a fan of extra sugar in my tea, but I don’t know, I think it works in this one. Also, it’s pretty and sparkly in my mug. :D

This is my favorite black tea of all time, hands down. I go through so much of this stuff. It’s subtly sweet and I love the spice, and as a very visual person the melted gold shimmers that swim in my cup are a delight to look at.

I absolutely love this tea! Definitely one of my top 5 from David’s Tea. It’s perfect for the winter. It has the perfect blend of cinnamon and the glitter just makes it that much more enjoyable.

When I first started drinking this tea, I had no idea it was chai. Granted, I wasn’t entirely paying attention, (perhaps blindsided by the glistening gold sugar balls!) but it was like-at-first-sip. I don’t love it, but it’s a good tea to have for a bit of variety. I’ll drink it, but I do have teas that I prefer over this one. I do give it points for the shine & sparkle though, that is fantastic.

It was okay. The sparkling was beautiful but I am not crazy fond of the flavour. I can drink it but it won’t get as much attention as some of my other black teas.

One of my favorite teas ever! Tastes like heaven and I like the glitter in it!

Is sparkles!! How exciting!

I’m making this tea to help comfort me a bit as I think about a classmate we all lost very recently. It’s my first time trying this one, and I like the smell. Spicy and fruity.. it’s very comforting, and great for fall.. Exactly what I wanted.

The 4th tea out of 5 that I bought from DavidsTea. This one I actually was pretty okay with. It was very pretty and with a tiny bit of sugar and it tasted pretty good. Something stupid in my mind decided to add a little drop of milk to cool it down. BIG MISTAKE! It went all bitter and gross. I think this is a tea I would get again if opportunity arose, but I learned my lesson about adding anything but sugar to this one!

This tea is very beautiful to brew. The gold sugar dissolves and makes the tea glittery. It is a bit sweet on it’s own, but I wouldn’t want to add milk to it to ruin the glittery effect.

I am going to have to try this one again! I feel like my tiny sample might have been old,or something, because so many of the tasting notes talk about the chai similarities and cinnamon flavors… which I am not getting here.

To me, this was a very nice and mild vanilla black tea with a hint of snickerdoodles. And it was glittery! So I felt like I was drinking pixie dust. I liked it, but I would like it even more heavily spiced, so I’m going to pick up a little bit more when I go back to their store.