Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Chocolate, Cinnamon, Clove, Sugar, Sweet, Orange, Vanilla
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Onto Day 5 from DaisyChubb! Of course I am late again. Too much time spent traveling!

Cinnamon teas and I do not always get along. Sometimes they verge into way too spicy territory, not good spicy but tongue-numbing spicy. Cinnamon can either be very good or very, very bad, especially when it has that holiday store artificial kind of smell. You know, like those cinnamon-scented decorative pinecones that make you a bit nauseous. This, however, is the perfect cinnamon tea! It’s just enough hint of spice combined with tasty cloves, and for me the vanilla is really in the forefront making it smooth and creamy.

Plus, it sparkles! How much more perfect can a tea be for 5 Golden Rings? It’s like this tea was made for this swap. Not to mention the totally adorable (and presumably time-consuming) artwork on the package. I love seeing everyone’s creative ideas!

Thank you to DaisyChubb for making this your tea selection for Day 5 – it’s one I’ve wanted to try!

But before I get in to the tea, I wanted to express my adoration for the packaging – so lovely! I can totally understand why you chose this tea for 5 golden rings!

This is really nice. It reminds me a bit of the Cinnamon Crackle tea that was Day 2 in the Della Terra Teas box, except that this doesn’t have the pop rocks in it, but then, I didn’t even see any pop rocks in my sample of Cinnamon Crackle. The flavor is very similar though. Sweet and cinnamon-y, I like that the cinnamon here isn’t that red hot kind of cinnamon taste (although I do like that too). It has certain attributes of the red hot kind of cinnamon, but it doesn’t quite push it over the HOT level.

Yummy!

I thought I would love this one!! cinnamon and black tea, that sparkles! (and not like a cheesy vamp. ha!)
Well, there must be some floral element in here that my allergy sensors dislike so it made me quite nauseous. The website states the ingredients as"Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold nonpareils, cinnamon, orange peel, cloves, and flavouring". I’m betting it’s that last, mysteriously nondescript item that set everything off. No way to know for sure… I wish I’d taken it without milk so I could have gotten a better sense of which part was bothering my ick threshold.
Well, I won’t be doing that again… too bad, if it weren’t for the queasiness this one would have had a chance at my perm collection

MaddHatter

When I had it, as a take away, I just assumed it was over steeped or the water tap they used was too hot for this tea… Maybe there is more to my uncertianty with this tea?

Indigobloom

perhaps! I find trying it at home it can make all the difference… but then, I don’t want to take the risk of spending that money. Quandaries of the budget conscious :)

MaddHatter

No kidding! I have this one on my list to purchase between my brithday and Christmas. I know I have already reserved $100 of my Winter Bonus to DAVIDs… Sad? maybe… lol

Indigobloom

ahh don’t worry, I’m likely to spend just as much there, and more at other places to. This addiction is such a drain

but SO deliscious! ;o)

Indigobloom

oh yesssss delicious and cheap when you consider other drinks like coffee! (well, when made at home anyhow!)

I had this yesterday morning for the first time in quite a long time. It’s one of my favourites but I think I overdid it on chais and spice based teas for a while, and kind of drank myself sick of them. That, and I used to brew every black tea I owned at boiling for 5min. Ummm…no. 5min is much too much for a lot of black teas, flavoured or otherwise. So needless to say I’d often end up with a cup of bitter, overly flavoured, sorely oversteeped tea, which I blamed on the tea itself rather than my bad steeping parameters. I think this blend was a victim of that.

So at a 3.5 minute steep, I’m enjoying this a lot more! The vanilla and orange notes come out, whereas before I was just getting straight up sweet cinnamon. I’m almost finished my tin but I might have to get a bit more to play around with. Made a tasty, warming cup.

Shmiracles

yay! as i said yesterday i think this is one of the most loving cups of tea i own.

(i steep every black for 3 min only ever. even if the directions say longer. what can i say, i’m a skeptic.. plus it’s taught me a lot about the ‘less is more’ train.)

cheers to your cup!

softrevolution

I’ve always been a fan of strong black tea, hence the crazy-long steep. But I’m starting to come around to the less is more camp, and now I do most black teas between 3-4 mins. Much better, and surprisingly more flavourful, if anything.

It really is a loving cup if tea. Although I’m with you on the sparkles. They’re real pretty and all, but they don’t seem like the healthiest thing to be ingesting.

Shmiracles

it’s been a while. hope you are doing well :)

This is a sample from Shmiracles (thanks!)

My first thought was, ’I’m actually really surprised how thoroughly the nonpareils dissolved while steeping’.

But once steeped, this produces a cakey, sugary, vanillay smelling cup. That sparkles. Honestly, I was pretty much looking forward to the sparkles the most.

I’m not really getting hugely spicy, or even citrus from this cup. The flavors are vanilla, sugar and cinnamon, and an eensy bit of clove — in that order. It’s a well-balanced tea, though, and no one flavor is overpowering. The base also comes through and is decent in its own right.

I’m a little excited that something so gimmicky (it’s a tea galaxy, I swear!) turned out to be a pretty tasty tea too.

I realize that I have a lot of tea that I tried ( or bought ) in my very early tea drinking days ( ie. 6 months ago ) that I may not have really tested out…..because, there was so much tea in the world and I was a bit overwhelmed, and tried so many things so quickly…..

So, found a package of glitter and gold i had purchased a while ago, and brewed a couple of cups in the breville. I like this one….I bet I will drink it a lot around the Christmas holidays….the black base is smooth, mildly spicy, I taste the cinnamon and a bit of orange…..very nice, the flavors blend well……I will re-buy this at some point……with a bit of half and half and a tiny bit of rock sugar …. Nice treat, but not too sweet…..

It is cool and gray in vancouver…..I had the heat on, how can that be when it is almost June? Well, this is a good cool day tea……I am trying to make “doings chores” more enjoyable by sipping tea as I go……burning a nice “s’mores” candle …. It feels like fall! This is a nice tea!

TheTeaFairy

It’s so cold and grey also here in Quebec! Thank goodness for hot tea!

Lilysmom

I know, what is with the weather? I want to begin my explorations into the wonderful new world of iced tea…..but it’s too cold! I am thinking I could shop online for some iced tea stuff tho….then I would be ready…..when/if warmer weather finally arrives…..hot tea on a cool day while online shopping for summer tea and teaware……I like the sound of that!

TheTeaFairy

Me too :-)

canadianadia

It’s funny to read back on this log and see that it was only 9 days ago (possibly even less) that it was so cold out. It’s definitely warming up now. Back then I was also drinking teas with Fall and Winter themes, and now I’m drinking more of the fruity summery flavors. Gotta love that there’s a tea for every type of weather.

Lilysmom

I know, it seems summer might finally be appearing, at least for me on the west coast. As a tea newbie, I am excited for my first summer full of ( a lot! ) of iced fruity tea! Sounds good to me!

I have declared today Sampler Sunday. So I’m only drinking teas from my samples and swaps box! I have WAY too many in there and need to cut down. to make some room for the new Upton samples arriving next week. :)

This was first on the to try list. I got this one from the 12 Days of Christmas swap. DaisyChubb was sweet enough to send it as Day 5 – Five Golden Rings. I find this tea to be a nice wake me up tea. Brisk and bold…with a little shimmer thrown in for good measure! Seriously my cup is sparkling (in a good way)! This is super yummy and the clove is a nice touch and not at all overpowering. Yum!

Yay for sampler weekends :)

The Purrfect Cup

:) I also figure it will help keep me up for the Oscars tonight. ;)

Thanks so much Azzrain for this sample. First this is the most beautiful tea I’ve ever seen . I didn’t even think reading the name, I looked down at my tea somepoint and was like wow!!! Its so pretty. Tastes very nice light spicy tea. If that makes any sense its spicy but not overly in your face spice. I’m spending thanks giving with my dad he tried it and was like oh interesting I want one. I know something I can get him for christmas now. Thanks Azz :)

Got this one as a to-go today since I was picking up a cup for a friend while on lunch. Today’s brew was a little lighter on flavour than usual, which surprised me. It had all the notes just . . . less of them. And I left the bag in, too! It was still as sparkly as ever though, and a much needed lift on a not-so-awesome work day.

stitchywitch

I’ve noticed that one varies too – but I figure that as long as it’s sparkly it’s all good!

Tina S.

Sparkly and not bitter or overbrewed and I’m happy, too! :D

I had to add another review to my last of this tea. Somehow it totally escaped me the first time I reviewed this that the cup is full of golden glitter when the tea is brewed! I thought the glitter was just the sugar crystals. Soooo pretty! And I am definitely getting more, especially since David’s now has $5 shipping to the US! Woot!