Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Astringent, Clove, Floral, Sugar, Sweet, Vanilla, Cinnamon, Citrus, Lemon, Spicy, Chocolate, Orange, Cloves
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

5th day of Christmas

Thanks Daisy-Chubb, this is the plain cinnamon black tea I have been looking for.

Nicely cinnamon like, with a nice black base. It’s reminiscent of candy hearts, but not like a melted cup of them (which I have found many teas to be). It’s just to say sweet, not not overly so in any way. Perfectly balanced!!

And oh the pretty glitter, which hits the cup right away <3

my pic

Every time I open the pouch, I am reminded of vanilla cake. I love all things vanilla!!!

Drinking this tea is smooth, sweet and vanilla!! I have no issues with that. What I do have issues with…is that looking at ingredient list there is cinnamon, clove and orange. I don’t taste any of that.

I do taste vanilla and sweet. My tea is sparkly from the glitter balls. That to me is what makes this tea special…otherwise, just mediocre.

THEY BROUGHT IT BACK.
IT’S A CHRISTMAS MIRACLE.

One of the girls at the David’s tea near my house simply raves about this tea. It was her all time favorite, but at the limited edition holiday tea for 2009, I didn’t think I’d get the chance to ever try it. But! They brought it back!!

This tea actually glitters. The little gold balls in the tea dissolve, and actually make the tea shimmer! It’s the best!

As for taste—it’s a very simple cinnamon black, which I find just perfect for drinking on cold winter day. It warms one up like a cup of hot chocolate! It’s not overpoweringly cinnamon, and there are little silver sugar crystals in it so it doesn’t need to be sweetened at all.

I’m a big fan and plan to stock up before it disappears again!

This is so unbelievably delicious! I love the hints of cinnamon and orange peel with vanilla. This tea reminds me of Christmas, festive and magical and wintery. Thank you to MissB for letting me try this, I am planning to buy more as soon as I finish off what I have (first cup was gone in under 5 minutes, so I can’t imagine a spending spree at David’s to be too far in the distant future)

MissB

Oh! Wonderful. It’s such a fun tea! I’m glad you enjoyed it.

As Borat says.. WAWAWEWA!
I went into DT with a 10$ gift card and I was determined to get as much joy out of it as possible. I went in wanting Salted Caramel but after a whiff, I was turned off. I panicked (I only brought the names of the three teas I was planning on getting) and after consulting the menu, I remembered how much I loved the sound of this tea. But I thought it sounded to wintery. But then I said WHO CARES! It smelt amazing in store and at home. Very cinnamony, like any type of cinnamon gum.
And it was so beautiful, I was very distracted by watching the sparkles move. Like a snow globe in there!
Tasted just as it smelt, sweet but not overly. There is nothing I don’t LOVE about this tea.
I’d love to try with milk but worry it would ruin the magic. But was able to get two solid steeps out of it. And I loved it! Will definitely be buying more, especially for the fall. Have some serious guilt about putting it into a thermos though.. need a glass one. So pretty!

Kittenna

Mmmm, this one is fabulous :D

DaisyChubb

a-high fiyve!

I think this tea is adorable. I got a complimentary cup at the new NYC location. I’m usually NEVER a fan of flavored, or gimmicky tea, but this one just struck me the right way. It’s fun, and sparkly. The flavor is mostly cinnamon, with a bit of orange, and I think I detect some vanilla. Definitely not something I’d have around the house, but it would be great for a holiday party. The cinnamon has a nice warming effect, especially on this cloudy NYC day.

Ellyn

I really wanted to try this for the novelty. — However, I have lots of cinnamon spiced teas so I will pass. It just sounded so cute!

twiggles

It definitely is fun! not something I’d probably get for myself, but since it was a free cup, i just had to try it. Could make a fun holiday gift.

i just finished making my third cup today….I absolutely love this tea! I am a huge cinnamon fan, and this tea smells so delightful! It isn’t overpowering the way cinnamon can be, but it makes for a nice smooth taste.

This is probably my favourite tea to look at dry; loaded with little sugar crystals and gold balls. I put a small bit of milk in my first cup, but had the second without and it was better, more flavourful.

My order from DavidsTea arrived last Thursday, and I am slowly but surely working my way through all of my new teas! I think I’ll be filling a tin with this when I go to the store next month.

sophietea

I love the cinnamon teas! I bought some Cinnamon Heart from Davids Tea just recently, it tastes like those valentine’s day cinnamon hearts! so yummy! I wonder how the Glitter and Gold tea compares.. I remember smelling it and I think it might be a bit more subtle but I dont know, I’ll just have to give that one a try the next time I’m in

Uniquity

@Sophie – If you like chais you should try David’s Tea’s Saigon Chai as well. I find that extremely cinnamon flavoured.

Meg

I haven’t tried Cinnamon Heart yet, but my guess is you’re right; Glitter and Gold is a subtle cinnamon taste. I think I’ll have to pick up some Cinnamon heart and saigon chai next month!

Uniquity

In my opinion, there was definitely nothing subtle about Saigon Chai or Cinnamon Heart. I have only ever had a small sample in store of Glitter and Gold, but I found it far more balanced than the other two.

I got this tea in Christmas present package from my Auntie including a teapot, the Sweet Indulgence sampler set, and of course a few samples…got plenty of tea to review!

Dry Smell: MMmmm smells like Gingerbread. Of Graham Crackers. I don’t think ethier is a part of this tea, but I’m not complaining. I didn’t want to put the top on my cup so I could watch it sparkle….very cool.
1st taste: If liquid gold could be made into a tea, I think it would taste like this. I really like this and am going to be sad when it’s gone bye bye.

Dry Leaf Nose: Enticing aroma. Sweet spice and black tea.

Liquor: Cloudy with an interesting colour. Tinged with gold.

Flavour: Appealing and sweet cup with a good tea background. Reminiscent of sweet spice cake with notes of clove and orange.

Still making my way through the samples. I think the box of them is finally starting to look less full. Much of what is left is from Shmiracles, like this one (^^)

My husband really likes this one, but he likes sweeter teas than I (he’s a fan of that southern sugar water). I thought that the cinnamon and clove were a bit weak and that the sugary sweetness dominated. It left a sugary candy-like aftertaste that I could do without.