Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Pretty! The dry leaf is beautiful – medium-sized black leaves with bold, sparkly gold sugar balls. The aroma of the dry tea is splendid as well – lots of cinnamon and warm cloves.

The steeped tea is a real treat to behold – a gold shimmer is clearly visible across the surface of the liquid. It’s almost too pretty to drink. Almost. The steeped smell is just like the dry aroma, maybe slightly milder, but not much. Very enticing. The cinnamon is most prominent.

Taste: Definitely picking up lots of warm cinnamon, and the black tea base is wonderful. No bitterness or astringency at all. The cloves and spices are mild enough to not overpower the tea leaves, yet they provide a warmth to the cup that makes for a comforting morning drink. Plus, there’s just enough sweetness from the gold sugar pieces to offset any dryness or sharpness that may come from cinnamon. I’m really enjoying this one.

jessiwrites

Mmmm, I love this one, too!

I thought I had reviewed this before! I guess not. I think the time I was going to review it, I decided not to because I was so underwhelmed by it.
Okay, so the thing with this one is that the aroma is SO GOOD. Just fall-ish, spicy, orangey goodness. So delicious smelling!
Plus, it’s SO beautiful! The swirling gold is mesmerizing and just beautiful. It definitely got bonus points on the scale for that.
That said, the tea itself is some of the weakest I’ve tried. To get even a reasonable amount of tea or ANY sort of flavour from this you have to use double the amount of leaf. If you use double the amount of leaf like I’ve been doing lately, it will taste pleasantly like black tea with a hint of that orangey spice flavour. If weaker or less “kick you in the face” teas are your thing, then give this a shot!
I think the tea itself is tasty enough (again, if you use enough leaf) but the aroma compared to the flavour is disappointing.
Overall, not sorry I got it because I’ll enjoy the rest of it, but I probably wouldn’t repurchase unless I’m feeling particularly whimsical and want the glittery tea again.

Kittenna

Welcome back!! :)

PatchworkSheep

Thanks! It’s definitely been awhile, and I missed it here. Life decided to throw a few punches in a row and they needed to be dealt with. It’s good to be back!

this tea is so pretty to look at it makes me feel like a princess!!

The dry leaves definitely smell like cinamon, so soothing.

while steeping the cinamon really shines! my office smells likes i’ve got cinamon buns in the oven!

The tea is shimering! So pretty it feels like i’m watching a lava lamp.

Mmmmm…the taste is really nice, the cinamon isn’t too strong, and the black tea is present with a hint of sweetness at the end.

Ok this is one of my new favorites!

MTLCynthia

Second Steep: flavors are definitely weaker but still good and the tea isn’t as shimmery but it’s still got some sparkle!

Sunday Sipdown Sample. Wow, if this tea tasted as good as the wet leaf smelled, I’d be a devotee. But I just didn’t get much flavor out of it until I got to the last 3rd of the cup. Then I got the vanilla. This was a fresh sample packet and I used 2 tsp in a 12-oz mug. I really didn’t get the cinnamon or orange, and that bummed me out because I like those flavors.

I’m wondering if I should blame my tea mug? It’s a tall mug but the infuser basket only comes down 1/3 of the way. It seems as if the tea wouldn’t steep as well if it’s not able to go all the way to the bottom. Anyone else find this to be true?

keychange

I’m with you on wanting a really, really deep infuser. I don’t really know if one exists. For travel mugs, they have some with deep infusers, otherwise you can upend the mug while steeping so the water sloshes everywhere, but yeah—I do feel the world needs to be a bit more concerned about leaf-water contact LOL.

Thanks again to jessiwrites for a sample.

Glitter and Gold has the aroma of fresh, hot sugary bread, and tastes mostly of cinnamon and vanilla. The orange stands out when it cools. Also, what a pretty tea: when the golden sugar balls and silver crystals melt they create gold sparkles suspended in the liquor.

Glitter and Gold is another one of my daily teas. It’s sweet enough that nothing has to be added, and I like the fact that my tea is a little bit sparkly! I suppose you could add milk but I don’t know if that would downplay the sparkle factor. It’s an excellent cinnamon tea!

This is such a beautiful tea!! When you get a scoop you get pretty little gold balls that shimmer next to the black tea. The smell is extremely cinammon! So strong that I was worried that it would be to much cinammon, but once again I was fooled.

After the steep, the liquor is a dark dark tea with beautiful shimmer and sparkle, a starry night for sure, it really is pretty, it allowed me to take a moment and admire the tea. The smell is still really strong cinnamon.

The first sip it was surprisingly smooth, and mellow. This is a tea to drink if you need comfort.The cinammon is not spicy at all, it is a sweet cinammon which I love. It is almost a vanilla cinammon flavor to me. This is really good and I love how beautiful this tea is, it would be fun to serve this to friends! This is going to be a keeper for sure.

KeenTeaThyme

This sounds awesome. I’m gonna have to try. :)

Fairyfli I could probably send you a small sample if you would like. ;)

I think it is a testament to how good this blend is that, when I made the moronic move of not watching my time and understeeped it, we still finished the cup. Cloves and orange, such a great combination of flavours!!

The aroma is nice, cloves and citrus sugar.

It sure looks pretty in my mug. The flavour is mostly sweet, and a little spicy. I feel like I should have this with cookies, and maybe chai.

So I also had the Day 6 tea… Glitter and gold. So this really belongs on the adevent calendar. I bought 25 grams of this tea a few weeks ago becuase I was looking for a tea that was similar to toasted marshmallow and the lovely david’s tea saleslady reccommened this one. I decided to wait to try it becuase I knew it was on the advent calendar. I really love the gold balls when they dissolve in the water and create a shine. I really want to have a glass of this christmas morning. The taste is simialar to toasted marshmallow. Def going to be buying a tin of this sometime soon.