Glitter & Gold

Black Fruit Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Clove, Gold Sugar Balls, Lemon Peel, Sugar Crystals, Vanilla
Cinnamon
Medium
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

Twinkle, twinkle

This deep dark Chinese tea is like a gorgeous starry night, glimmering with gold and silver sugar crystals that shimmer as they steep. Take a sip and the slow suggestion of cinnamon will warm your body. Your toes will tingle and your mind will turn to fireworks, falling stars, late-night seduction. It’s basically magic. (Is it getting hot in here, or is it just the tea?)

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, sugar crystals, gold sugar balls, vanilla, orange peel, cloves, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Gelatin

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Nice little wake-me-up this afternoon. Perfect on a cold day like today. The cinnamon/vanilla flavor really warms you up. I’ll be sad when I run out of this one. Still one of my favorite flavored black teas! Glad I chose this one to drink. It really hit the spot.

This was a sample I received from David’s Tea with my last order. Last night my sister stayed the night. We had a few drinks and things got a little crazy! And I still always wake up at 7 am no matter what went on the night before. Go figure. I opted for this tea because I wanted to make a single cup without being too disruptive.

I’m not sure if something went wrong here or not. This cup doesn’t taste very strong at all. It’s like cinnamon water. Where’s the black tea base? I don’t taste it at all. Maybe there was too little leaf in that package for a full mug of tea? I guess on the resteep I’ll try less water and see what happens.

I do have to say I absolutely adore the sparkly gold liquor though! I love love love gold glitter. Eye makeup, nail polish, and tea too I guess! Although I don’t think I’ll be ordering this one…

The flakes of gold that fill my clear tea mug dance around with ever sip!

I’ve only found one other tea that i find myself thinking about.. daydreaming about if you will. This tea is the tastiest black tea I have ever had the pleasure to try! This is a must sample if you like black tea! It warms my soul with its hint of cinnamon and the addition of vanilla, orange peel, and cloves just sends me to the moon!

TRY IT! If you hate it, I’ll buy it from you!

tigress_al

For sure, if you are ever having a really bad morning, sit back, brew this up, and enjoy!

Has it been so long since I’ve reviewed any tea? We visited Davids Tea while in New York. The description of this tea is right up my alley, but oddly enough, it was my boyfriend who purchased it (He That Shuns All Sugar). Now I wish I purchased some for my own personal stash. It shimmers so prettily in the cup, you don’t have to add any sweetener, and just a touch of milk does soften it a bit. If the golden bits were pink, it’d be the Hello Kitty of teas. Delicious!

IT HAS SPARKLES! Eeeeeeeee!
Ahem…

I don’t usually like cinnamon but this tea is really tasty. It’s not a sharp, spicy taste – more like a smooth, sweet taste. Think spice cake, not Cinnamon Hearts. It’s nice and warming, but not burn-y. :P

Michelle Butler Hallett

That sounds pretty good. David’sTea are pretty good when they use cinnamon. Their Saigon Chai, with cinnamon from Vietnam, is all deep, dark and mysterious. Never tasted cinnamon with such depth before. And hey, sparklies!

I gave this one another go tonight after dinner. For some reason, as I was eating my dessert (German Chocolate Cake), I thought that this tea would be the perfect accompaniment. Unfortunately, I finished the cake while I was waiting for my tea to steep, but I was still pleased with my choice of blend.

I actually enjoyed this tea a lot more the second time around. I didn’t notice any orange taste with this cup, just a combination of sweetness and spices. I still don’t think this is a tea I’ll be buying in a large quantity anytime soon since there are so many new blends and companies out there I’d like to try first, but I might get around to purchasing it in the future for cold winter nights.

EDIT: This is one of the few yeas that I’ve found don’t steep well a second time using the same infuser of tea leaves.

Courtney

This one reminds me of wintery nights too.

Okay, this is the first time I’m drinkingt this tea and I’m having a difficult time nailing down what I like about this tea. Definitely don’t understeep it and definitely don’t oversteep it.

I’m doing something stupid and drinking it out of my tea press which means I had about 4 minutes where it was in it’s perfect sweet spot and delicious to drink… before that it was too weak and watery. After that, it was too bitter and no fun anymore :(

That is my bad, not the tea’s! I will definitely be giving this tea another try over the weekend. I think there is a lot of potential to fall in love with this one.

Bex

So, I tried again with this tea when I got home. I used a one-cup infuser in a glass mug so I could see it in all its glittery goodness… again, I dunno.

I really really really wanted this tea to have a HUGE cinnamon kick to it and instead, it just seemed too weak. I steeped it for 7 minutes this time and … womp womp.

If anyone has any tips to Jazz Hands this tea up, I’ll be forever grateful! It’s like How I Met Your Mother to me right now… I keep drinking it hoping I’ll like it!

So I’m not really drinking this today, but I made tea flavored ice cream (with this mixed with my ceylon), and I have to say, that was probably the best decision I’ve made all week. I think I need to start making ice cream out of, like, every tea in my cupboard. That sounds like an excellent plan. (Maybe because it’s five in the morning… hmmm…)

Unfortunately, the ice cream doesn’t come out sparkly, but I know the glitter is there, and that makes me happy anyway. (although I do want to make sparkly ice cream. I guess you’d want to mix edible glitter into it as it churns…)

Though not quite a fan of DAVIDsTEA, I have to admit that many of their creations are fun! This is a tea with shimmering gold sugar balls! If you serve this at a dinner party, your guests would definitely be wowed. :)

Taste-wise, this is a fairly sweet tea… the sweetness will linger in your mouth! The cinnamon flavour is strong too, so you either hate it or love it depending on how much you like cinnamon. I am not getting much orange flavour, probably because there is not much orange peel in my sample. This is one of the more likeable DAVIDsTEA in my opinion, because it is free from coconuts! :P

Ysaurella

agree, I’ve never been impressed by a Davids tea.

I love this tea – actually the first one I ever purchased from DavidsTea. The scent reminds me of Christmas cookies and really, who doesn’t like glittery tea? I’m not sure I taste the orange peel but definitely the vanilla, cinnamon, and clove (there’s something else underlying but I can’t quite put my finger on it – maybe it is the orange peel?). A nice creamy black tea overall.

I usually drink this one black, perhaps one day I’ll try a drop of milk, but for the time being why mess with a good thing?