Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Sweet, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Peppercorn, Cream
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I understand why this is one of David’s best sellers. It’s amazing.

Just looking at it and I’m in love. I simply adore those little red lips and mini-chocolate chips. I could just eat them (which I’ve done a couple of times, obviously).

This tea is just the right amount of chocolate, mint and creamy goodness. Love love love !

A tasty blend of mint and chocolate. I love mint chocolate chip ice cream, so I was really hoping for a flavor like that but it was pretty different. The chocolate was almost like a cocoa-ish flavor and the mint is mild, it almost reminded me of the Orbits peppermint gum. I did need to add a little bit of sugar. I also steeped the same leaves twice and it was just okay the second time around. This is definitely a single steep tea. Probably because all of the chocolate melts with the first cup.

I had this on Saturday. Lovely! I really love the chocolate-mint combination. Very decadent, went very well with the macaron and ginger cookies. YUM.

This tea is so cute with its lips and its chocolate chips. I always get a warm fuzzy feeling when the chocolatey mint hits my tongue, with just a little bit of warmth from the peppercorns. Yum.

One of my very favorites. I even keep my tin out on my counter instead of my tea cupboard because I drink it so much! I love the chocolate with peppermint, it’s a perfect balance in this tea. And the little bit of spiciness is perfect! The smell of this tea just gorgeous! I once had this tea in one of my exams in school and afterward everyone was wondering where the chocolate cake was that they were smelling. Haha! Anyway, lovely tea!

I have a horrible sweet tooth, and just within the last year I was diagnosed with a gluten intolerance that’s only seemed to have gotten worse since I cut out wheat from my diet entirely. Whenever I accidentally get my taste buds on some wheat, wham. Out of commission, grumpy, and disgustingly bloaty for the next day. SO, due to this, I’ve started a long list of dessert teas to try in order to satisfy my cravings for baked goods!

Weird? Maybe, but it encapsulates my love of tea AND sweets, so it seemed like a no-brainer to me.

I’d heard a lot of good things about this one, and I love a peppermint/chocolate combo, so I figured why not? The tea on its own is simply adorable, and I loved watching it as it brewed. Upon tasting, the chocolate flavor isn’t as strong in the tea as it is in the scent, but that’s fine by me because the peppermint flavor is so nice. It’s that soft, tingly, and cool peppermint chill you get with a peppermint patty or a good mint cookie, and it’s really quite enjoyable, even as it cools down.

Faith

I’m in the same boat: gluten-intolerant and thus a BIG dessert tea drinker. Thank goodness for dessert-flavoured teas, eh?

I’m a fan of the Chili Chocolate Chai that Davids Tea came out with and under a recommendation from a friend decided to try Read My Lips. Its definitely a good chocolate tea with a nice strong hint of mint, hands down one of my new favourites. Its a definite must have for the chocolate-mint lovers out there and a great tea to drink if you’ve got a slight chocolate addiction like I do. No need to add any sweeteners, I find it plenty sweet on its own and unlike some of the other tea blends I have I found it doesn’t get overly bitter if you steep it too long. This has been my go-to tea for the past few mornings, next on my menu is to try out the Hot Lips tea – may try it after I finish my cup of this one.

If any of you have suggestions on similar blends I’m more than open to them. I like this one though its a nice chocolate blend, and smells absolutely delicious. I find it really smells like chocolate-mint.

The dry tea smells of peppermint and chocolate (just like in Love Tea #7, the only other chocolate tea I’ve tried so far), and it’s pretty strong even with this cold I just developed. I didn’t actually see any peppercorns (and for these teas I usually open the bags to let some air in, close them and shake them up a bit to make sure the ingredients are mixed throughout before I dive in) , but that’s ok. I steeped this for like 4 minutes and added a bit of milk plus a tiny tiny dash of sugar. It tastes so smooth and would definitely be a perfect dessert tea, but I don’t think I’ll save this tea just for special occasions. It’s so good! Especially feeling how I do right now, it’s very soothing and delicious. And each sip is a little bit different it seems. Sometimes I taste the mint + vanilla, sometimes the mint + chocolate, and sometimes just the mint or chocolate.

This is the number one tea I recommend to first time tea drinkers. it’s delicious! It tastes like Christmas in a cup. A nice mix of chocolate, black tea, and peppermint…it is delicious.

At first, I didn’t like mint—at all. I remember my first experience with peppermint tea in undergrad where the tea got all gross. That’s what made me get turned off by this tea, plus the fact that it had chocolate in it—I never went for those teas. I decided to try this again and was I wrong about peppermint and chocolate! They go really well in tea and I really like this one! Might I also add that mint chocolate is my favourite ice cream flavour?

Still on the fence if I want to purchase a tin of this. Maybe…hm…

Uniquity

This one grows on you. I now have a tin, and the first time I tried it I thought I wouldn’t finish the cup. Mmm!