Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Pepper, Brown Sugar, Dark Chocolate, Milk, Peppermint, Bitter, Mint, Cocoa, Malt, Spicy, Artificial, Creamy, Peppercorn, Spices, Cream, Sugar, Sweet, Tea, Candy
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Forgive me Steepster for I have sinned… I have had many delicious teas in the past week, but I have also been too exhausted or busy to log them. I will catch up now.

I am a trainer for a pharmaceutical company. We had a new hire class start on Monday and the first week (Of a 3 week class) is always the most exhausting for me. I talk nonstop for almost 6 hours each day. It’s awful. LOL.

I have a TON of samples to get through, and they helped me get through the week. It was fun to pick two samples to take with me each day. Gave me something to look forward to as I slugged through the material with my new hires.

Anyway…THIS TEA. Loved it. I was pleasantly surprised that I loved it since it has peppercorns in it. I tend not to like those in my tea. But they never overwhelmed the minty-chocolaty goodness of this cup, so I was able to ignore they existed. Haha.

As far as mint-chocolate teas go, I think “Mint Chocolate Chip” by Whispering Pines is my favorite so far!

Thank you to cavocorax for the sample!

MissB

Mint Chocolate Chip is amazing. I hoard it. Dunno why, because I can just order more anytime, but I do. I’ve even taken some in to the local DAVIDs tea to show one of the staffers what ‘real’ tea was like. Ha! :)

whatshesaid

Aw I will have to try that one next time. I didn’t think to order any with my WP order, you make it sound great!

Cavocorax

I’m glad you enjoyed the tea, but I can see why you might say that Whispering Pines does it better than DAVIDs. (It’s true!)

Hope you get through your training without too much madness!

This is my first time brewing a caffeinated tea. This one was delicious. It had an amazing chocolate, pepperminty aroma. The taste was mostly peppermint but the after taste had a hint of chocolate. I had it hot and it was not as flavorful as I expected, but still good. I wonder how it would taste as a latte with chocolate soy milk. When I feel adventurous, I may try that out!

Tastes like the aftertaste of an after 8 mint (in a good way). Soothes chocolate cravings and is very comforting. Simply love it. I always use more than 1.5 teaspoons though, because it’s just too good to risk a bland cup.

Flavors: Chocolate

Finally got to try this one, thanks ashleyelizabeth! I’ve had my eye on this one for a bit, because I really just enjoy the heck out of chocolate mint teas. Simple, no fuss, but usually good flavor, as that combination is not hard to replicate. I’ve been excited about this one, though, because apparently chocolate mint herbals are a lot more common than chocolate mint blacks, for some reason. Maybe it’s just me.

Anyway, this is pretty decent. The base is fairly nondescript, but the chocolate and mint are well balanced. Neither flavor is very strong. I see what other people were talking about, the way the sprinkles make a kind of oily sheen on the top of the water. I don’t mind it, as it doesn’t change the mouthfeel. I might try this iced at some point, although I’m not sure how chocolate would come through in an iced tea. I guess we’ll see!

Sipdown!

This is a nice tea, but I doubt I’ll restock it, as I’m finding that my tastes are gently shifting away from David’s blends. However, this is good for what it does chocolate, mint, soothing, not too confrontational. Bumping the rating down slightly.

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I didn’t like chocolate teas. Then I had this tea. I now like chocolate teas :)

Tea of the afternoon here…
Just woke up from a nap and decided it would be ok to have a small pot of tea on this rainy day. ;) I hope the caffeine in this won’t be enough to keep me awake later tonight. This came from the David’s co-pilot pack which I’ve been enjoying sipping my way through

I noticed David’s says you can steep their black teas for 5 – 7 minutes and I was wondering who has steeped a black tea for 7 minutes? I never have, not on purpose anyway.

I was honestly expecting this to be rather pukey, but surprised that it’s a good flavorful tea that is nicely balanced. I do get a definite chocolate-y note from this, followed by a touch of peppermint and then the spicy peppercorn element. There is artificial flavor in here but that may just be from the red sprinkles. This is good plain or with a blob of soymilk for a creamy effect. This might be a good one to have around for when those after lunch dessert cravings strike.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I liked this tea fairly well. It’s been awhile since I last enjoyed it, but I remember a very rich, intense flavor, mostly from the black tea and chocolate. I’m not a huge fan of chocolate bits in my tea, but it was definitely good this time!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

While this tea may be lovely for some it didn’t suite my tastes. Overall I found it to be just blah and boring.

A sample from Shmiracles, and another one I’ve been hoarding. I think part of my problem is that so many of them were teas I’d been wanting to try for a long, long time. Am I afraid of being disappointed? Or just putting off the inevitable day when they’re gone and I’ll be bereft? A bit of both, probably, if I’m honest.

This one smells great right out of the pouch. Chocolate, with a sharp coolness from the mint. The red lips add a cute touch, and make this a pretty tea to look at. While brewing, this filled my whole kitchen with the scent of chocolate and mint, It’s wonderful. Although I’ve tried a few chocolate mint teas, this one is the only one that’s made me think, really and truly, of Christmas. I don’t really understand why I’m making that particular association. Maybe the coolness of the mint reminds me of snow? I don’t know.

To taste, this is just as I’d hoped it would be. The chocolate and mint are both very strong, and create that beautiful hot, sweet, creamy, cool contrast that can work so well. The flavouring is so strong that the tea here is actually rather overpowered — this is more like drinking mint hot chocolate than tea, but it’s so nice I don’t really mind all that much. A flavoured tea with good, strong flavour can be a rare thing, and although I’ve come to appreciate more subtle teas (and plain teas) over the course of my tea journey, there’s still a place in my heart and cupboard for ones like this. Ones that knock your socks off at ten paces with the strength and true to life accuracy of their flavours.

I’ve got enough left for a couple more cups yet, but I was right to think I’d miss this one when it’s gone. A true treat — thank you Shmiracles!

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp
cteresa

I got this one as well, it is fun.

BTW I got your message and sent two replies, hope you got the replies! If no longer interested no problem, we can call it a rain check, just worrying if you got my replies.