Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Sweet, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Peppercorn, Cream
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

My favourite tea to date. It is absolutely perfectly delicious!!

I received this tea in DAVIDs Sweet Indulgence sampler pack. I was excited to try it on account of its look – mini chocolate chips and red lip-shaped sprinkles. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I can’t say this tea was terrible, but for me, it was just okay. I could taste hints of chocolate and peppermint – it reminded me of a lesser quality peppermint tea I had tried in the past. The peppermint flavor lingers after you take a sip, but overall, I found this tea to have somewhat of a forgettable flavor.

I just bought this tea today and I’m already in love! This tea makes all your mint chocolate dreams come true with ought being too sweet or too minty!
I added a added teaspoon or splenda and was good to go! I can’t wait to try it iced or in a latte! :)

I first tried Read My Lips in a special promotion that if you buy a certain collection of tea, you get 100 free tea filters! So I bought David’s Top 3 which is basically, David’s Tea’s 3 most popular teas. This tea is (of course) one of them.

If you know me in real life, you probably know that I’m almost as obsessed with chocolate as I am with tea. This tea is actually more of a mint chocolate, which I love slightly more than regular chocolate. The mint taste is very slight, but won’t go unnoticed!

I heard that the love for mint chocolate is pretty much split 50/50 over a given population. So if you don’t like chocolate mint, you won’t like this tea.

My first foray into the world of chocolate teas. It grew on me, I have to say!

I wrote this last night and copy and pasted it for right now.

So, this tea is definitely the single best chocolate tea I have ever had. Probably even on the planet. I have heard endless raving about this tea to the point where I had to tell my friends to shut up about it! Two days ago on my bi-weekly trip to DAVIDsTea (only you guys will understand…) I picked up a little sample of this for around three dollars and rushed home to make a hot, frothy tea latte. Mmmm… This tea is very nice and dreamy as a latte. I can’t judge the color because I added milk and I can’t judge the smell because I didn’t smell before I steeped. After I steeped however, the tea had a very nice balanced chocolate-mint smell: Peppermint Patty? I’d drink that! (Oops)…

My only complaint is that the mint, I feel gets a little lost because of the heavy chocolate flavor of this tea.

I bought this a long time ago, just a little bit. I remember disliking it when I first tried it. I have ercently came across it agian and decided to give it a second chance. So glad I did. I now would like a tin :) It is not too minty and not too chocolatey…just right. I’m not a big peppermint tea fan but this one is different, and has a pretty cute name.

The hype about this tea made me set my expectations high. Unfortunately, they weren’t met. At first, I found the peppermint flavour to be overwhelming, and the aftertaste to be somewhat bitter. I suspect that this was the “malty” note mentioned by other reviewers, as a product of the Chinese black tea base used in this blend. I was unable to detect any sort of chocolate flavour, which was quite disappointing as I adore dark chocolate, and wanted to find a chocolate tea to fill my cravings. As my tea cooled down, the peppermint flavour dissipated (perhaps it seemed overwhelming because of the combined potency of the smell and taste?) and the chocolate flavour became more pronounced. The underlying “malt” note was still present, which I didn’t mind as much when paired with the chocolate. I couldn’t detect any sort of spiciness to this blend, but my tolerance is quite high in that regard.

Note: I tried this in a variety of ways, but I found that I preferred it black, with sugar. The addition of milk made my stomach turn— perhaps because I let the cup cool down?

The bottom line: Peppermint fans will appreciate this, pure chocolate fans, not so much (unless you prefer your cuppa cold.)

This is my first tea from David’s Tea. My friend gave it to me on my birthday two years ago and I have to say it is my all time favorite. I have refilled my tin at least four times!! The taste is a perfect blend of minty chocolate, which happens to be my favorite type of chocolate and ice cream as well.
I love how it makes my apartment smell. I brew this tea at least 3-4 times a week (which makes me ignore my other teas).

i have a love hate relationship with this one…