Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Cocoa, Dark Chocolate, Malt, Milk, Spicy, Mint, Peppermint, Artificial, Bitter, Creamy, Peppercorn, Spices, Cream, Sugar, Sweet, Tea, Candy
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Tastes like the aftertaste of an after 8 mint (in a good way). Soothes chocolate cravings and is very comforting. Simply love it. I always use more than 1.5 teaspoons though, because it’s just too good to risk a bland cup.

Flavors: Chocolate

Finally got to try this one, thanks ashleyelizabeth! I’ve had my eye on this one for a bit, because I really just enjoy the heck out of chocolate mint teas. Simple, no fuss, but usually good flavor, as that combination is not hard to replicate. I’ve been excited about this one, though, because apparently chocolate mint herbals are a lot more common than chocolate mint blacks, for some reason. Maybe it’s just me.

Anyway, this is pretty decent. The base is fairly nondescript, but the chocolate and mint are well balanced. Neither flavor is very strong. I see what other people were talking about, the way the sprinkles make a kind of oily sheen on the top of the water. I don’t mind it, as it doesn’t change the mouthfeel. I might try this iced at some point, although I’m not sure how chocolate would come through in an iced tea. I guess we’ll see!

Sipdown!

This is a nice tea, but I doubt I’ll restock it, as I’m finding that my tastes are gently shifting away from David’s blends. However, this is good for what it does chocolate, mint, soothing, not too confrontational. Bumping the rating down slightly.

2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I didn’t like chocolate teas. Then I had this tea. I now like chocolate teas :)

Tea of the afternoon here…
Just woke up from a nap and decided it would be ok to have a small pot of tea on this rainy day. ;) I hope the caffeine in this won’t be enough to keep me awake later tonight. This came from the David’s co-pilot pack which I’ve been enjoying sipping my way through

I noticed David’s says you can steep their black teas for 5 – 7 minutes and I was wondering who has steeped a black tea for 7 minutes? I never have, not on purpose anyway.

I was honestly expecting this to be rather pukey, but surprised that it’s a good flavorful tea that is nicely balanced. I do get a definite chocolate-y note from this, followed by a touch of peppermint and then the spicy peppercorn element. There is artificial flavor in here but that may just be from the red sprinkles. This is good plain or with a blob of soymilk for a creamy effect. This might be a good one to have around for when those after lunch dessert cravings strike.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I liked this tea fairly well. It’s been awhile since I last enjoyed it, but I remember a very rich, intense flavor, mostly from the black tea and chocolate. I’m not a huge fan of chocolate bits in my tea, but it was definitely good this time!

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

While this tea may be lovely for some it didn’t suite my tastes. Overall I found it to be just blah and boring.

A sample from Shmiracles, and another one I’ve been hoarding. I think part of my problem is that so many of them were teas I’d been wanting to try for a long, long time. Am I afraid of being disappointed? Or just putting off the inevitable day when they’re gone and I’ll be bereft? A bit of both, probably, if I’m honest.

This one smells great right out of the pouch. Chocolate, with a sharp coolness from the mint. The red lips add a cute touch, and make this a pretty tea to look at. While brewing, this filled my whole kitchen with the scent of chocolate and mint, It’s wonderful. Although I’ve tried a few chocolate mint teas, this one is the only one that’s made me think, really and truly, of Christmas. I don’t really understand why I’m making that particular association. Maybe the coolness of the mint reminds me of snow? I don’t know.

To taste, this is just as I’d hoped it would be. The chocolate and mint are both very strong, and create that beautiful hot, sweet, creamy, cool contrast that can work so well. The flavouring is so strong that the tea here is actually rather overpowered — this is more like drinking mint hot chocolate than tea, but it’s so nice I don’t really mind all that much. A flavoured tea with good, strong flavour can be a rare thing, and although I’ve come to appreciate more subtle teas (and plain teas) over the course of my tea journey, there’s still a place in my heart and cupboard for ones like this. Ones that knock your socks off at ten paces with the strength and true to life accuracy of their flavours.

I’ve got enough left for a couple more cups yet, but I was right to think I’d miss this one when it’s gone. A true treat — thank you Shmiracles!

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 1 tsp
cteresa

I got this one as well, it is fun.

BTW I got your message and sent two replies, hope you got the replies! If no longer interested no problem, we can call it a rain check, just worrying if you got my replies.

Ok so I’m sure this tea can actually be quite scrumptious indeed, and when i was at DT today, I thought I’d order it in what I’d previously thought to be the fail-safe method of ordering a latte. But alas, it was not to be. It was the same guy who helped me last time, and although he’s alright, he’s a bit awkward and polite but not too friendly or chatty (which is seriously not usually a problem with me, only I’m so giddy and ridiculously over the top with joy and excitement when I go into any teashop that I want to chat up everyone in the vicinity (well the sAs I mean) and they all probably heave a sigh of relief when I leave), and he isn’t the best at the water to milk ratio when making lattes, because this one turned out so watery and thin that I took one sip and abandoned the cup. Like I said, I could taste the potential, but it just wasn’t going to happen at such a watery consistency.

But I got the carry mug! I kind of want it in a nicer colour, so, you know, I’ll probably just do the irresponsible thing and do just that once nicer colours come out. fml.

Ok, off to bed soon. A friend and I are heading to the thousand islands for the weekend to use a groupon and live the good life for a few days. Swimming pools, hot tubs, spa vouchers, good food, good conversation, great tea…should be solid. Oh, and I get to fly Porter which is always lovely.

Fjellrev

Aww, too bad about the watered down latte. Makes me wonder if he even drinks them himself.

AWESOME! wave as you fly over me! and you just let me know when you replace your carry mug LOL

keychange

fjel, I wondered the same thing! because who in their right mind would enjoy a watery latte ever? I mean, there’s only one right wayto have it: creamy and milky! mmm

And sil, keep an eye out for me around noon tomorrow! I’ll be in an adoreable little porter airplane haha.

And yup, I know where to go when I need to…ummm…recycle my mug. heh!!

tigress_al

your weekend sounds awesome! Have fun!

VariaTEA

Yay for the carry mug!

carol who

Have a great trip!

Suziqzer

Glad to see you mention that you got your mug. I saw your post earlier today and wondered what you did. :).

Have an awesome weekend!

keychange

Thanks guys! And yeah, super excited about my carry mug!

Abby Noelle

Have a fun weekend!!!

__Morgana__

Have a great time this weekend!

Anna

I want to come, too! PACK ME PLEASE PLEASE.

Stephanie

Oh wow, that sounds like FUN!

Have an amazing trip! :)

keychange

Thanks guys! the trip was kind of lackluster, although fitting anna in with all her lupicia melon oolong would have helped! hahaha!

Anna

You did not PACK ME. I was NOT PACKED. I have sads.

keychange

But you also (presumably) have melon oolong. Which cures pretty much everything, as far as I’m concerned. So no more sads! (besides, you would have hated this place. It was very not-anna-like)

OMGsrsly

Aww. That’s disappointing your vacation wasn’t all you hoped for. :(

keychange

It is, although to be honest, I should have known better. I seem to be one of those people who need a lot of recharge time, and this didn’t allow me to have as much as I needed, hence the wind it took out of me and the subsequent 15 hour “nap” I took once I got home. LOL.

OMGsrsly

:D That is totally my kind of nap. I did something similar when my Gramma took me and my brother to Mexico a few years ago. I was so wiped from everything we did I just slept and slept and slept. :)

Anna

Aw. You clearly deserve more melon oolong! And, you know, if a place is not-anna-like, upping the loincloth-clad grape-feeder staff ratio really is a small fix.

Have you ever taken one of those introvert/extrovert self tests? (Myers-Briggs, for instance.) I’m hugely sociable, but a solid introvert, so too much people interaction drains me. I remember when I was a kid, and went to birthday parties – I was always sick for like a week afterwards, because the interaction part took so much out of me. I loved it, but it really exhausted me.

keychange

Yes to the tests. I think I have a foot planted firmly in each world, although if we’re going with the question: do you recharge with people or on your own? my answer is firmly in the “on my own” camp. I get drained very, very quickly by social interactions, despite excelling in most social settings.

ditto! i think we should all have a party at my place. everyone gets their own room to relax in and we can meet up for 30 mins every 2 hours in the kitchen haha

Anna

LOL. Sil, you are a perfect person.

Indeed she is!!

OMGsrsly

That sounds like my kind of party! (In the kitchen for tea, right?)

Working beside davids has got me addicted to this tea. The chocolate notes are delicious. My favorite part is the fact that it turns slightly pink when steeped because of the little lip sprinkles. This is absolutely wonderful as a latte. One of my favorites for sure.

Flavors: Chocolate