Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Artificial, Bitter, Chocolate, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Peppercorn, Peppermint, Spices, Cream, Mint, Sugar, Sweet, Tea, Candy
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ok so I’m sure this tea can actually be quite scrumptious indeed, and when i was at DT today, I thought I’d order it in what I’d previously thought to be the fail-safe method of ordering a latte. But alas, it was not to be. It was the same guy who helped me last time, and although he’s alright, he’s a bit awkward and polite but not too friendly or chatty (which is seriously not usually a problem with me, only I’m so giddy and ridiculously over the top with joy and excitement when I go into any teashop that I want to chat up everyone in the vicinity (well the sAs I mean) and they all probably heave a sigh of relief when I leave), and he isn’t the best at the water to milk ratio when making lattes, because this one turned out so watery and thin that I took one sip and abandoned the cup. Like I said, I could taste the potential, but it just wasn’t going to happen at such a watery consistency.

But I got the carry mug! I kind of want it in a nicer colour, so, you know, I’ll probably just do the irresponsible thing and do just that once nicer colours come out. fml.

Ok, off to bed soon. A friend and I are heading to the thousand islands for the weekend to use a groupon and live the good life for a few days. Swimming pools, hot tubs, spa vouchers, good food, good conversation, great tea…should be solid. Oh, and I get to fly Porter which is always lovely.

Aww, too bad about the watered down latte. Makes me wonder if he even drinks them himself.

AWESOME! wave as you fly over me! and you just let me know when you replace your carry mug LOL

fjel, I wondered the same thing! because who in their right mind would enjoy a watery latte ever? I mean, there’s only one right wayto have it: creamy and milky! mmm

And sil, keep an eye out for me around noon tomorrow! I’ll be in an adoreable little porter airplane haha.

And yup, I know where to go when I need to…ummm…recycle my mug. heh!!

your weekend sounds awesome! Have fun!

Yay for the carry mug!

carol who

Have a great trip!

Glad to see you mention that you got your mug. I saw your post earlier today and wondered what you did. :).

Have an awesome weekend!

Thanks guys! And yeah, super excited about my carry mug!

Abby Noelle

Have a fun weekend!!!

Have a great time this weekend!

I want to come, too! PACK ME PLEASE PLEASE.

Oh wow, that sounds like FUN!

Have an amazing trip! :)

Thanks guys! the trip was kind of lackluster, although fitting anna in with all her lupicia melon oolong would have helped! hahaha!

You did not PACK ME. I was NOT PACKED. I have sads.

But you also (presumably) have melon oolong. Which cures pretty much everything, as far as I’m concerned. So no more sads! (besides, you would have hated this place. It was very not-anna-like)

Aww. That’s disappointing your vacation wasn’t all you hoped for. :(

It is, although to be honest, I should have known better. I seem to be one of those people who need a lot of recharge time, and this didn’t allow me to have as much as I needed, hence the wind it took out of me and the subsequent 15 hour “nap” I took once I got home. LOL.

:D That is totally my kind of nap. I did something similar when my Gramma took me and my brother to Mexico a few years ago. I was so wiped from everything we did I just slept and slept and slept. :)

Aw. You clearly deserve more melon oolong! And, you know, if a place is not-anna-like, upping the loincloth-clad grape-feeder staff ratio really is a small fix.

Have you ever taken one of those introvert/extrovert self tests? (Myers-Briggs, for instance.) I’m hugely sociable, but a solid introvert, so too much people interaction drains me. I remember when I was a kid, and went to birthday parties – I was always sick for like a week afterwards, because the interaction part took so much out of me. I loved it, but it really exhausted me.

Yes to the tests. I think I have a foot planted firmly in each world, although if we’re going with the question: do you recharge with people or on your own? my answer is firmly in the “on my own” camp. I get drained very, very quickly by social interactions, despite excelling in most social settings.

ditto! i think we should all have a party at my place. everyone gets their own room to relax in and we can meet up for 30 mins every 2 hours in the kitchen haha

LOL. Sil, you are a perfect person.

Indeed she is!!

That sounds like my kind of party! (In the kitchen for tea, right?)

Working beside davids has got me addicted to this tea. The chocolate notes are delicious. My favorite part is the fact that it turns slightly pink when steeped because of the little lip sprinkles. This is absolutely wonderful as a latte. One of my favorites for sure.

Flavors: Chocolate

Oh my. I wasn’t expecting to like this tea. I’ve been trying to like black tea and there’s very few I really enjoy. This was quite a pleasant surprise. The black tea doesn’t seem overly strong and mixes well with the peppermint, peppercorns & chocolate. I can taste it all and it all goes together soooo well. Yes, I could see myself buying some of this. Thanks MissB for putting this one in the mystery package!

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppercorn

I just made up the last of my sample. I’m not exactly sure why I did not add this to my recent order from them. This tea is yummy! More chocolate than mint, but wonderful all the same!

1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is one of my newer additions to my cupboard. I was able to get 25g of it on a Valentine’s Day Special for free! Who doesn’t like free tea?!

I have a hard time with chocolate teas because I usually find them tasting like really really really watery chocolate, which isn’t overly appetizing, especially when you a girl who frequently seeks out any piece of chocolate in my house. However, I really like this tea! It’s very true to a mint chocolate tea. It is much better than my Mint Chocolate Rooibos from DAVIDsTEA, I think it’s because I hate rooibos. You are still able to taste a bit of the black tea despite the strong chocolate mint flavour which is awesome! I’ve only tried it hot so far, but I have tried it straight and with a touch of sweetener (for those unbearable strong sweet tooth cravings) and it is excellent either way! I have yet to try it as a latte, but I have a feeling that it will be delicious.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cream

205 °F / 96 °C 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

Okay, I get the big draw with this tea now. I’ve had it for a few months, just a small amount sitting here… waiting. Finally someone asked for a bit to try, and I thought – well I should do the same thing too, darn it! So I did, last night.

It’s definitely a chocolate tea, and one that’s rich and thick – although frankly, I’m a bit offput by all the bits and pieces of candy in here. I get that’s where a lot of the flavoring comes from… I guess I just prefer my teas with a bit less “stuff” sugar-wise. I’ll take a cacao nib over a chocolate chip any day, and that’s really my only nitpicky bit with this tea.

1.5 tsp in 12oz.

Flavors: Chocolate

Soothes an upset stomach and wakes me up for class! I love how this tea looks in the bag, the little red lips and chocolate chips are the best part. There is a hint of mint in this tea but it’s not overpowering, which makes it taste great. Unfortunately you cannot re-steep the tea, as the first it’s used the chocolate chips will melt.

Flavors: Chocolate

I love this tea. It is chocolaty and minty and so comforting and relaxing. It tastes great with a bit of milk or even as a latte. The dry leaf smells a lot like chocolate with a hint of mint. Its appearance is adorable with the red lips and mini chocolate chips. This is one of my favorites and I would highly recommend for any chocolate lovers.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppercorn

Yummy mix of mint and chocolate. Not too weak, not too strong. Not too sweet. Just right.

Chocolately, creamy, smells divine. Tastes so good I can’t stop myself until the whole pot is gone. Delish. My favorite DavidsTea.