Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Mint, Chocolate, Peppermint, Artificial, Sugar, Bitter, Dark Chocolate, Sweet, Spices, Creamy, Peppercorn, Cream, Candy
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Okay, I get the big draw with this tea now. I’ve had it for a few months, just a small amount sitting here… waiting. Finally someone asked for a bit to try, and I thought – well I should do the same thing too, darn it! So I did, last night.

It’s definitely a chocolate tea, and one that’s rich and thick – although frankly, I’m a bit offput by all the bits and pieces of candy in here. I get that’s where a lot of the flavoring comes from… I guess I just prefer my teas with a bit less “stuff” sugar-wise. I’ll take a cacao nib over a chocolate chip any day, and that’s really my only nitpicky bit with this tea.

1.5 tsp in 12oz.

Flavors: Chocolate

Soothes an upset stomach and wakes me up for class! I love how this tea looks in the bag, the little red lips and chocolate chips are the best part. There is a hint of mint in this tea but it’s not overpowering, which makes it taste great. Unfortunately you cannot re-steep the tea, as the first it’s used the chocolate chips will melt.

Flavors: Chocolate

I love this tea. It is chocolaty and minty and so comforting and relaxing. It tastes great with a bit of milk or even as a latte. The dry leaf smells a lot like chocolate with a hint of mint. Its appearance is adorable with the red lips and mini chocolate chips. This is one of my favorites and I would highly recommend for any chocolate lovers.

Flavors: Chocolate, Peppercorn

Yummy mix of mint and chocolate. Not too weak, not too strong. Not too sweet. Just right.

Chocolately, creamy, smells divine. Tastes so good I can’t stop myself until the whole pot is gone. Delish. My favorite DavidsTea.

Part of the sweet indulgence sampler!

Dry: smells slightly chocolate-y and minty, and had cute little lips!

Steeped: smells very similar to mint chocolate rooibos, tastes like a slightly minty tootsie roll, not super chocolatey or minty, but just a nice hint of both flavors.

I’m brand new to this, but I bought several teas on a spree, and this one had great reviews, so I decided to give it a try. I like chocolate, and I like mint, so why not.

I’m sad to say, I didn’t like it at all. It left a bad taste in my mouth, and I’m not sure what from, but I feel like it was either the chocolate or the sprinkles in it… I also feel like the mint was drowned out by the chocolate. I tried it black, tried it a with a little sugar, and then a little milk (I usually drink my teas with sugar or honey and milk or coconut milk), and after that it was tolerable, but still not for me. Unless it grows on me, I wont be buying again.

I think I just don’t like black tea.

This tea was most definitely not for me. I don’t like chocolate teas, so that will qualify my tasting note right off the bat. I didn’t care for the smell and wouldn’t have tried it if it weren’t in my Advent Tea Calendar. But…as this was my Advent plan, to go through all 24 tea samples, I decided to give it a go. I liked the peppermint tones, and I liked the vanilla. I even liked the cute red lips. But, I most definitely did not like the chocolate—while I love chocolate, I prefer it in dessert or hot cocoa, not in my tea. I would not have this again, and I poured out my cup without being able to finish it. I was only able to down half of it. My opinion, for what its worth: if you love tea, drink tea. If you love chocolate, eat or drink chocolate. Maybe even at the same time. But when it comes to mixing them—blech.

Read My Lips smells absolutely delicious, like a mint chocolate candy bar. Opening this tin made my whole kitchen smell like chocolate and it smells deliciously chocolatey when brewed too. Oh, also, it looks fantastic with those little lip sprinkles and the huge chunks of chocolate!

The tea itself doesn’t retain too much of the chocolate flavor, being overwhelmed by the peppermint. That’s not a bad thing, though — the combination of the peppermint with the peppercorn for a bit of kick with a slight chocolate undertone makes for a very tasty blend. I am not a huge fan of black tea, but this one was very drinkable.

It’s perfect for warming up on a cold winter day.