Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Sweet, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Peppercorn, Cream
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A slightly sweet black tea that my co worker gave me to try. It’s pretty good! But, I’m not big on chocolate teas in general (even though I like chocolate, weird eh?) so I dunno if I would purchase any.

It’s a good mint tea.
But I prefer “santa’s little helper” by davids’s tea over this,
which was a limited edition christmas tea.

I feel like they taste very similar, and because I feel like the chocolate in RML
bothers my stomach when I drink too much of it, I’d rather drink santa’s little helper.

Aaah. This is one is what started my love affair with DAVIDsTEA..

This one doesn’t require much sweetener, if any. Haven’t tried it with agave yet, but regular sugar or honey is too much for it. This one I tend to drink straight. Cannot oversteep much either, not sure if its just me or I’m doing something wrong but its a very finicky tea for me, despite its deliciousness. Either way its chocolatey, minty, and one of my faves.

so i recently received an email from davids tea reminding me that easter is around the corner and they have some chocolate flavour tea. of them, read my lips is the chocolatiest and other great claims. it smells great, looks great, and tastes good even unsweetened.

This is an interesting tea for me. I love mint and chocolate together and the black tea puts them together well. The peppercorns add a little bite, which was much appreciated. After my first cup I said “OMG MORE NOW.”

Buuuuttt… it sort of ended there. Every cup I’ve had since has been all right. It’s a tea I crave on occasion, although I’m still debating whether or not it belongs in my permanent collection. Lately when I crave a chocolate black tea, I’ll go towards Stormy Night. Could be the changing of the seasons. Overall, a solid tea and certainly a crowd pleaser.

This tea was a nice starters chocolate tea to me. It wasn’t too sweet nor was it too much on the minty side. The candy lips gave it such a cute touch and the scent filled my room at one point. Though the flavour can taste watered down sometimes, it’s still an amazing tea. I can’t really put my finger on it, but I’m guessing the fact that it’s minty, makes me categorize it into the more wintery kind of teas rather than any other season.

Thinking I would love this one because it is part of the top three from David’s tea, but this is too many strong flavours for me. I got quickly tired of it. I will try to drink it cold as recommended by the girl at David’s tea as I would need to go through the 100g tint! Also my coworkers hate the smell when I drink it, they literally said it stinks! When I make them smell the tint they can’t believe it is the same tea. That is weird!

I am not a fan of black teas, and tend to not enjoy most. There are a few exceptions, and this is by far the highest.

If you don’t like black teas, but always want to find one to enjoy I highly recommend this, it’s great tasting, isn’t too strong and has a great flavour of chocolate and mint. Although, I don’t find that this tea does to well with multiple steeps (beyond 2), but is really enjoyable under that. If you add some sugar it can be quite good on the 3rd steep, but I can’t go beyond that.

I would most recommend this tea for after a non-sweet dinner.

My first time having a tea with chocolate and candy. Not as “traditionally rich” (I mean, texture rich) as I had anticipated, but the flavor was certainly warm and smooth- the same sort of feeling you get with hot chocolate or a good latte.

Hmmmm, I think this is the first David’s tea I’ve tasted. Good enough to buy every time I’m out of stock and kinda cute with the little red kisses. Oh, and I gave some to my grandmother. She loved it :)