Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppercorn, Cream
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Chocolatey, pepperminty, candy-eey. I like it. I like it alot. I steeped this one for 5:30 at about 200F. Delicious, light and smooth. This is a nice “fire place tea”. Not overwhelming with flavour or scent just a nice light cool tea.

like if you agree :)

AND follow me, I’m new to this blog thing and would appreciate some cool followers! :D

Very interesting. A bit minty, a bit peppery, cooling & spicy & sweet all at once. Mint stimulates your brain’s cold receptors, and pepper stimulates your pain receptors (creating an impression of heat), so I find this tea really uniquely refreshing. Reminds me a lot of the mint chocolate Girl Guide cookies that they only sell in the Fall.

Also from the advent calendar. I feel like I have to try it again because I don’t remember if I liked it a lot. I do know liked it though. Well, that was a helpful note… (saracasm)

This tea smells amazing and I really enjoyed the presentation of it. I did however find it tasted weak, even when David’s made it for me.

I thought I would really like this one, but somehow the mintyness is putting me off…
It really does have a pleasant mint chocolate aftertaste but drinking the hot tea, I get more watery mint than I do any chocolate. I guess I just wished the chocolate was more prominent.

I had a Read My Lips Tea Latte at DAVIDsTEA today. It was delicious. The flavour was a bit weaker than I’d like, so I think I’d steep this longer when making it at home.

I first tried this tea when it was the ‘Tea of the day’ at the downtown location of David’s tea. I was actually in there to get a pack of cookie dough, and I tried Read my lips and let me tell you.. It was the best thing I’ve ever tried. I’ve always loved chocolatey minty things like the ice cream or the peppermint patties! This tea is the best blend of chocolate, mint, and goodness.

One of my favs for sure!

To me, this is the PERFECT cup of black tea. It’s refreshing, it’s energizing, and it’s also got a dark sweetness to it that isn’t over the top!
I’m not usually a fan of dessert or chocolate teas at all, but this blend puts in the right amounts of everything to make it work. The mint and peppercorns also give it a nice kick to the mellow chocolate.
There aren’t very many flavors that can achieve what Read My Lips can, and I find myself craving it as I type..

Not as good as I had anticipated it to be.