Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Cream, Artificial, Mint, Sugar, Bitter, Dark Chocolate, Sweet, Spices, Creamy, Peppercorn, Candy
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I think I just don’t like black tea.

This tea was most definitely not for me. I don’t like chocolate teas, so that will qualify my tasting note right off the bat. I didn’t care for the smell and wouldn’t have tried it if it weren’t in my Advent Tea Calendar. But…as this was my Advent plan, to go through all 24 tea samples, I decided to give it a go. I liked the peppermint tones, and I liked the vanilla. I even liked the cute red lips. But, I most definitely did not like the chocolate—while I love chocolate, I prefer it in dessert or hot cocoa, not in my tea. I would not have this again, and I poured out my cup without being able to finish it. I was only able to down half of it. My opinion, for what its worth: if you love tea, drink tea. If you love chocolate, eat or drink chocolate. Maybe even at the same time. But when it comes to mixing them—blech.

Read My Lips smells absolutely delicious, like a mint chocolate candy bar. Opening this tin made my whole kitchen smell like chocolate and it smells deliciously chocolatey when brewed too. Oh, also, it looks fantastic with those little lip sprinkles and the huge chunks of chocolate!

The tea itself doesn’t retain too much of the chocolate flavor, being overwhelmed by the peppermint. That’s not a bad thing, though — the combination of the peppermint with the peppercorn for a bit of kick with a slight chocolate undertone makes for a very tasty blend. I am not a huge fan of black tea, but this one was very drinkable.

It’s perfect for warming up on a cold winter day.

This is sooooo good. It has the perfect amount of everything. I find that it makes my mouth water SO MUCH! Am I crazy?

Boiling 8 min or more

World’s best chocolate tea is definitely accurate.

I steeped the perfect cup of this the other day. I had one of those tea moments where every single sip and taste was bliss. A wicked blend of chocolate, vanilla and mint. This a definite go-to tea of mine.

My favourite tea to date. It is absolutely perfectly delicious!!

I received this tea in DAVIDs Sweet Indulgence sampler pack. I was excited to try it on account of its look – mini chocolate chips and red lip-shaped sprinkles. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I can’t say this tea was terrible, but for me, it was just okay. I could taste hints of chocolate and peppermint – it reminded me of a lesser quality peppermint tea I had tried in the past. The peppermint flavor lingers after you take a sip, but overall, I found this tea to have somewhat of a forgettable flavor.

I just bought this tea today and I’m already in love! This tea makes all your mint chocolate dreams come true with ought being too sweet or too minty!
I added a added teaspoon or splenda and was good to go! I can’t wait to try it iced or in a latte! :)

I first tried Read My Lips in a special promotion that if you buy a certain collection of tea, you get 100 free tea filters! So I bought David’s Top 3 which is basically, David’s Tea’s 3 most popular teas. This tea is (of course) one of them.

If you know me in real life, you probably know that I’m almost as obsessed with chocolate as I am with tea. This tea is actually more of a mint chocolate, which I love slightly more than regular chocolate. The mint taste is very slight, but won’t go unnoticed!

I heard that the love for mint chocolate is pretty much split 50/50 over a given population. So if you don’t like chocolate mint, you won’t like this tea.