Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppercorn, Cream
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Chocolate, minty with a touch of spice. I had my mom make me some of this post surgery yesterday and it tasted great! My husband does not know how to make my tea- he says that is why he bought me the breville…. have to teach him how to use it! But mom came through for me :)

This is the best smelling chocolate tea. Probably ever. Mm, smells like mint chip ice cream! Creamy chocolate, plenty of mint, and a hint of vanilla coming through. I used to drink a lot more of this when I first discovered it. It was the first chocolate tea that I actually liked. I find a lot of them to be gross-artificial, and they end up giving me a headache. Not this one though!

My only real gripe with it, and the reason I stopped drinking it as often, is that it doesn’t taste anywhere near as good as it smells. It’s delicious, for sure, but after you’ve smelled the dry leaf, the tea itself doesn’t even compare. Sigh.

Still one of my favourite chocolate teas though! I had it at work today and it made my boring day a little nicer. I need to start bringing ‘real’ tea to work more often. I could get used to this desk job business, if it means drinking tea all day :D

tattooed_tea

I agree, this smells SO amazing… doesn’t taste equally so.

Currently at the library studying for finals (taking a 5 min steepster break!) with a travel mug of this. It was a GOOD CHOICE. This tea is like an old friend beside me going “there there. you’re great. this test won’t be so bad, will it?”

Kittenna

Good luck!!!! And make sure you keep the Steepster breaks to only 5 min. Tough, but necessary :P

Uniquity

I am so lucky that I found Steepster AFTER I graduated!

Finished off my tin of this. It was amazing. Now I have an excuse for another order :P

Backlogging from this morning. Made this on my way out the door this am to kick me a little extra something today. Allergies have been terrible. Plus I am cleaning out/setting up some new offices at work so all that dust hasn’t helped either. I’m really loving the minty chocolate flavor that this tea gives off. So good. See other notes.

KeenTeaThyme

Meanie allergies. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Normally I love the combination of mint and chocolate, but I’m just not really a fan of this tea. While the main flavor I taste is peppermint, there is an overwhelming artificial chocolate flavor that I don’t care for. I think the peppercorns are a bit of an odd addition and they don’t really add anything noticeable to the flavor. It looks like my search for the perfect chocolate tea will continue on, because this one just isn’t for me.

I got this from ashleyef in a major swap. I brewed this one up this morning as I was waiting for the Traveling Tea Box C to arrive at my doorstep. Unfortunately having been sick the past few days, I couldn’t smell or taste a thing. I did however hear the mail man pull up to deliver the mail this morning and he usually leaves my packages in the back because I am usually at work when the mail is delivered. Anyways, he was on his way to my back gate when he saw my red nose, puffy eyed, sniffling maniac head pop outside the front door to catch him!(Yes I was that excited to receive it that I couldn’t wait for him to drop it out back, I mean I was saving him time in the long run too!) I was so giddy that I ran upstairs back to bed with my tea in one hand and my box in the other and couldn’t wait to dive right into the box. I couldn’t smell all the joyous flavors as I opened it sadly. Anyways, long story short… I can’t wait to taste all the ones I have set aside.
Anyways, back to this tea. I have been sipping on it all day. An finally at 6:01pm, I can taste it! I can’t however smell it still. I love the flavors. Its like a chocolatey minty surprise. I did add Cream and sugar to help me taste it all since I can taste but not 100% yet. I loved the spiciness the peppercorns added as well. The cute little lip sprinkles were ADORABLE! Anyways this tea was a lot of fun and may just be one that I will need to add to my cupboard sometime soon :)

I’ve been waiting for the right time to give this sample from ShayneBear a try. Today seemed like the right day. Even though it is lovely outside, inside, I feel congestion and sinus pressure, and I am sneezing. I also woke up to a sore throat. So I figured the peppercorns and peppermint would be good for my congestion and sinus issues, the black tea would help me stay conscious so I can go out to do an errand or two downtown, and the chocolate and candy cane lips are purely for my emotional well being. :P

So I like this tea!! I don’t know why I waited so long to try it. Perhaps it is because of the mint, because I admit I am very picky about mint in my teas. I know this is one of the signature teas they have at DAVIDs, and it is included in just about every sample collection…ha!!

The mint and chocolate do balance very nicely, and I do feel a little tingle on my tongue that can only be from the peppercorns. Everything seems well balanced here, and I am enjoying this cuppa with milk and sugar, which is extra comforting to me. I’m grateful for the generous sample of this. YAY!

I’m probably gonna re-steep the leaves for a second batch for my Timolino or kids mug, get dressed, and head downtown for those few errands while it is nice out.

Fjellrev

That sucks about the allergies! I’ve been experiencing them too since moving to Vic, but I have a feeling it’s because of the mold in my apartment. I had a fever for weeks near the end of the school year, sore throat, itchy eyes, fatigue etc. It sucks because sometimes you don’t know if you’re getting sick. Hope you won’t!

Amariel

I know, I have been plagued with the “Am I sick or is it just allergies” question for a long time. I technically don’t have allergies. I was tested a few years ago, and nothing came up. They told me I have non-allergic rhinitis, which acts like allergies, but isn’t caused the same way, and isn’t treated the same way. Antihistamines don’t generally work because my reactions aren’t histamine based, they are nasal irritations. So the only antihistamines I can take are the old school “knock you out cold for several hours” kind because they are drying. Yay?

But I have been around people that have been sick, so it’s anyone’s guess now.

Fjellrev

Weird, I never heard of that before, but that makes sense, experiencing irritations. I’ve been using Benadryl but it makes me super drowsy too so at that point you think ok, fine, might as well only take it at night, which really doesn’t help you during the day.

Amariel

Basically, the nose gets irritated from environmental stuff, say pollen or dust (also environmental changes), the nose swells up and creates mucous and you end up stuffy, or with a runny nose or whatever. It’s not a histamine reaction though. It acts like allergies though.

Decided, after much debate to go check out the farmer’s market today. Parking lot was UTTER MADNESS, so I went to DT instead. Purchase some new Pure Vanilla and a tin to keep my swap swag in. Tin isn’t big enough, but that’s another story.
I get home and let the dogs out, sit down, check FB and find out there was a dog show at another building on the grounds and that was why it was so busy. I would have loved to check it out. Disappointed.
Let the dogs back in, the brown devil aka Rally Rims is COVERED in mud. She needs a bath which will take a wrestle. It’s a darn good thing I have a great cup of tea in my hand or I’d go mad… Wait, the other dog just yarfed. Can it be a new day now?

So I went to Davids today. Again. And I picked up this one, even thought I’m not fond of chocolate. Also I picked up 2 pu’erhs. I have no idea how to drink them – and they’re brand new, not even on the website yet! Aloha and Berry Good. Can anyone give any advice or suggestions on how to properly drink a pu’erh?

This one smells pretty good. Everything seems pretty evenly distributed. Mint chocolate for sure. I did enjoy the red lip sprinkles mixed in haha. This is pretty smooth, a really nice drink, but not my cup of tea. My BFF would love this one – anything chocolate works for her!

KittyLovesTea

Those Pu Erh blends sound nice. For loose leaf Pu Erh blends I brew them similar to a black tea blend. There is no need to pre rinse them or do anything fancy (imo) so just use 1 – 1 half tea spoons per cup and you should find they re steep well. Perhaps 2 – 3 minute steeps to test it’s strength at first.
If Pu Erh is in a cake form then it should be treated differently. :)

Courtney

Thanks! Perhaps I’ll try one out this evening :)

Shmiracles

hey i just had my first true pu-erh! the only other pu-erh i’ve ever had is davidstea Chocolate Orange. which i love. and i plan to get the pu-erh box from davidstea. very excited.
ALSO i finished my last cup of Read My Lips today! and i’m struggling to not place an order immediately for more. though i AM fond of chocolate in teas yessiree.