Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Bitter, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Sweet, Spices, Creamy, Peppercorn, Cream
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I used 1.25 David’s Tea Scoops for my Aqua-Ovo tea tumbler

Primary flavour is mint. Faint chocolate taste closer to the end of the sip which is mostly overpowered by the mint. Cool minty feel on the aftertaste. Black tea taste is difficult to detect. The overall taste is too smooth (likely from the vanilla) for what I would expect a spicy chocolate mint tea to taste like.

Ysaurella

Oh lord, this is the problem I had with the 3 DT I drank : unable to detect the tea base…I was hoping this one to be different as it is one of their best sellers

Raritea

I have also found that with quite a few of their teas. I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one! I really feel that tea flavourings should compliment their base, not hide them.

I absolutely loved this tea, it is my perfect peppermint tea, not too much peppermint in here and the perfect amount of chocolate to compliment it..

I couldn’t smell so much from the bag, I only noticed the cute red lips which made me all happy and fuzzy.. the aroma of the tea brewed is lovely, it’s such a perfect black tea smell with peppermint, I can smell something sweet, not sugar though…

I drank this alone… no milk or sugar. It was perfect, I was gulping this down, and I might even have a resteep of it!! It tastes like after eight chocolates (if you’ve ever tried) which I eat constantly at work and to have this as a tea?!? I’m buying more of this! I NEED THIS TEA IN MY LIFE

Ever since that first taste of Santa’s Secret on Remembrance Day I have been craving it like madness! This tea will have to tide me over since it’s snowing out, and i mean really snowing. I was going to go downtown to the DAVIDsTEA to pick up some of the seasonal teas, but alas, it was not to be. Carting around a 10-month-old is tough enough, but with the addition of 5cm of freshly fallen snow it was not happening. So, I drink this tea and attempt to trick myself into thinking that it’s Santa’s Secret… just… with the addition of chocolate. BUT it’s not happening and the chocolate just isn’t jiving with me today.

One day my tea will come… one daaaaaaay my tea will come!

P.s. This is tasting a little better as it cools off, but still not the tea that I need!

DaisyChubb

I was just going to say that it was really snowing here too… until I remembered we’re in the same place x_x
We were just out by the super walmart and had to take cover in there until the storm “blew over” which just means, got a tiny bit not worse. haha! Hang in there – you’ll get the tea you need soon! :D

Faith

Oh, Regina weather… how I loathe thee.

DaisyChubb

no doubt about it. I think we’re moving to Halifax in the spring for many reasons, but probably #1 is the weather haha!

Faith

My sister lives in Hali and LOVES it!

DaisyChubb

Awsesome! I hear nothing but good things about it! Thank you :)

This is a mint tea w a note of chocolate. Like a desert mint tea. Maybe it is the chocolate- maybe it is the peppercorns, but those additions give a mildness and sweetness to the peppermint. I would recommend this tea.

Michelle Butler Hallett

The sister tea to this one, Love Tea #7, is really good, too.

Lori

Great! I purchased that one as well..

Tried this with chocolate mint creamed honey. It helped to really enhance the chocolate mint aspect of the tea. I think I need to be careful though, the honey is a potent sweetener and it easily makes the tea too sweet for me.

So, this is a good tea. It is one of my oldest in the cupboard and still going strong, though I only have enough for maybe one or two more servings worth from this 50g bag. Chocolate, soft mint, a hint of spice, goes well with or without milk or additions. This will more than likely be a reorder as I find myself craving it at the weirdest times. Mint can sometimes give me bad heartburn, but this one is gentle and tasty. It really does age quite nicely, which (as I’ve recently discovered) is not true of all teas. :)

Flavors: Chocolate

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Got this in my Xmas gift…

1st smell: Peppery. But not overpowering.
1st Taste: I am starting to think that the Graham cracker taste is a signature flavor with all David’s Teas, though maybe only with the Black Teas. I don’t I tasted that with the Goji Pop……
It’s overall an interesting cup, I love the creativity that went into making the tea, however, I don’t see myself needing to keep this in my cupboard.

Lynxiebrat

Grrr Still having trouble in editing my tea notes, and I don’t want to bother with Firefox right now….Just wanted to add a quick note: I ended up not being able to finish my cup of Read My Lips. As it cooled, it got to weirdly peppery for me. Generally if the peppery taste were offset by something else, like a contrast, I might like it better. And plus, like other experiences I’ve had with Chocolate in tea…hasn’t worked for me, but I can’t seem to resist trying them anyways.

Kittenna

Weird! Did you get a set of sachets for Christmas? I got a 5-pack of this from my sister and haven’t tried them yet (although I’ve had this tea before). Wondering if there’s something different about it now.

As for the graham cracker thing, I wonder if that’s an artifact of the black base, or maybe some specific flavouring element. It’s not something I’ve picked up on, but perhaps that’s how something is coming across to you!

I think I may be the last to try this, and if I hadn’t tried Santa’s Secret first, I probably would have enjoyed it much more. But I have to disagree with the description on the website; the world’s best chocolate tea it is not (nor is it better than an actual dessert. Unless we’re talking about a mediocre dessert). It’s a sweet minty black, but I’m not getting much chocolate or any hint of peppercorns.

I enjoyed my rendez-vous with it, but I just don’t see a future together. Santa has a creamier flavor and a certain je ne sais quoi that still has my heart when it comes to minty blacks (and now that I’m moving away from highly flavored teas, I only want to keep the super awesome ones in my permanent stash). Thanks whatshesaid for the chance to finally try it!

It’s been a while since I’ve had a cup of this, but since DavidsTea is now selling it in a cute little tin for just $10 for 100g, I decided to add it in with my last order. Plus, I feel like chocolate & mint is a perfect combo for all these cold days we’ve been having lately!

It’s much more minty – and less chocolatey – than I remember. Perhaps it’s just been a while since I’ve had peppermint (I usually prefer spearmint tea), but it seems to overwhelm the rest of the blend. That said, it’s still a yummy, sweet treat without needing any extra sugar or other additives.

madness

Have you had the Chocolate Mint from Republic of Tea? I’ve on;y had their teabag version so would think the loose version is better from any company but you never know until you ask. If you have drank the Republic of Tea version will you please compare if you can? Thank you alot :)

I JUST received my lovely care package from Katgolik and will have to say THANK YOU! This is the first tea I’m going to try from the package.

And….Its really good! Sort of minty, which I wasn’t expecting, as well as the chocolate. The chocolate is the kind that I like, not chunks but almost in the tea leaves instead which is nice. I will buy more of this, definatly. :)

katgolik

YOU ARE WELCOME!

It’s a staple for me!!
Glad you liked it!
experiment with it it is pretty easy to play with!!