Read My Lips

Artificial Flavouring, Black Tea Leaves, Dark Chocolate, Peppermint, Pink Peppercorn, Sprinkles
Chocolate, Peppermint, Bitter, Dark Chocolate, Mint, Sweet, Spices, Creamy, Peppercorn, Cream
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Tea Pet

From DAVIDsTEA

Kiss me, kiss me

Okay, this is probably the world’s best chocolate tea. Honestly. Better than dessert. More reliable than sex. It’s a totally decadent combination of China black tea, vanilla, peppermint, chocolate bits and spicy red peppercorns. Plus it contains little red candy lips for a kiss of sweetness. In other words, it’s a completely satisfying spring experience with no guilt or strings attached.

Ingredients: Chinese black tea, peppermint, dark chocolate (Sugar, chocolate liquor, cocoa butter, soy lecithin and vanilla), red lip sprinkles (sugar, rice flour, cottonseed or soybean oil, cornstarch, gum and soy lecithin, colouring), pink peppercorns, natural and artificial flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy and may contain dairy

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Whoo, one tea down… so many more to go.
I’ll kind of miss this tea. It’s a nice one that really hits the spot when I’m in certain moods, but I don’t think I’d consider it as a cupboard staple. Might get more someday, once I get through some more teas.

Dry Leaf Nose: Chocolate and mint with black tea base.

Liquor: Glowering red brown with slight cloud.

Flavour: A delightful mint chocolate flavour with a smooth black tea background.

First christmas tea out of the “sweet indulgences” set :D

(Even if I hadn’t wrapped this present, I’d still have smelled it a mile away!)

Anyway, I was barely conscious but this was nice! I’d say 80, but I’m waiting til next cup. K had some with me.

What, I only have enough for a sip down? Boooooo!

Oh well – Valentines Day Read My Lips Latte.. for one as I don’t have enough for more!

I had this iced yesterday. Actually I prepared it iced but I only had a couple of sips before ball and it sat in the car during the game. It was nice iced but I found the flavour was better (more minty) an hour later after the ice had melted. It was still cool just not iced. I will definately be trying this again. I will make it in my pot though and not do the double amount of tea and then ice it hot. Maybe that will make a difference. And it is almost time to refill my tin.

Iced
DaisyChubb

I agree! The mint flavour comes out much more as it cooled down.
That’s actually why I preferred mine a little colder because the mint was more muted, but either way it’s an excellent tea in every way!

DaisyChubb

er wait.. cooled down? warmed up? Got less iced :)

Cattibrie

I couldn’t figure out how to put that either. LOL. I really love this tea.

Its one of those nights where I don’t feel like sleeping. I have a rare day off tomorrow where I don’t have any work or school work to do at all, no errands to run, and no family or friends to visit. So I decided to have myself a TV show marathon (Pretty Little Liar, my guilty pleasure) and a pot of tea. And since its a night of guilty pleasures I figured that Read My Lips was the only way to go.

I love this tea because the chocolate taste is there, its fairly strong without being overpowering, and I love the mint flavor combined with chocolate. Its the perfect sweet treat while I’m trying to stay away from actual sweet treats. I’m going to need to pick up more of this soon, I’m down to my last few spoonfuls.

Sipdown. Yum, this is a Thin Mint cookie in black tea form! The mint is the first flavor that comes through, and then the chocolate makes for a smooth finish. I didn’t really taste the vanilla or peppercorn components at all, which is a bit of a bummer. Even so, it’s really quite tasty.

Thanks for sharing, Marcel Duchamp!

Dry this one smells of delicious chocolate with a hint of peppermint. Steeped it still smells of chocolate and peppermint but the peppermint smell is stronger then when dry. At first it tastes of chocolate and peppermint. The peppermint slowly gets stronger and stronger till swallowing. After you sallow, the chocolate starts to get stronger in the after taste and the peppermint dies down a bit. I get a tiny hint of peppercorn, I don’t think there were any peppercorns in this spoon. I usually don’t like anything that is chocolate and mint together, but for some reason I really like this tea. Perhaps because the peppermint isn’t completely over powering the chocolate. Not exactly sure what it is but this tea is yummy and more then likely a repurchase :)

Great tea if you like mint chocolate, although very very minty. I liked this tea but don’t see myself reaching for it unless its that time of the month and all i want is chocolate!

Nichole

i’m finally getting around to ordering some David’s Tea and this one sounds fab! Perfect for me, I’d rather have a lot o mint and a hint of chocolate! :) Thanks for the review!

I think this was the first tea I decided to put on my shopping list on steepster. I’m finding ironic that I am finally, after over a year, trying this.

Mmm, this is divine. Silky chocolate, cool peppermint, creamy vanilla, and just a nudge of heat from the peppercorns. Yum yum yum. This definitely sets the right mood for winter, and especially the holidays. I am definitely taking this with me when I go travel to visit relatives over Christmas.

VariaTEA

I am glad you like it :)