Creme Brulee

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Cream, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “My very first order ever from DAVIDsTEA arrived on my porch this evening! Hooray! This is a creamy, burnt sugar-esqe rooibos dessert tea. There is definitely something artificial about it -...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This just really isn't spectacular. At least, not for me. I actually have even more of it now because the DT near me was celebrating it's first birthday over the weekend and giving out goody bags...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 675 tasting notes
  • “For some reason I had it in my head that green rooibos would not be as rooibosy as red. This cup is proving that not to be the case. Though it is not immediately recognizable as rooibos it is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1356 tasting notes
  • “Rummaging through the cupboard this evening I decided to have some of this one. I have a litre of whipping cream in the fridge, and I'm trying to drink a lot of teas I can put it in... I can't make...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1165 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet seduction

No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, rooibos is caffeine free, making it the perfect drink for after dinner or before bed. Could life be more wonderful? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified green and red rooibos, safflowers, calendula marigold. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I love this the best when iced. Add a little sweetener and its yummy:) I’m not the biggest fan of this warm as seems to be the trend but iced its delicious:)

So, this one took a bit before I got any real flavour from it. I had to wait until it cooled down quite a bit and then I finally got the caramel/creamy taste that I was expecting… Given too… I did have it with dinner so that might not have helped.
Anyway, I did find it to be a nice sweeter treat. I don’t think I’ll be rushing out for this one, but it’s not bad.

Warm and uncomplicated, with the barest suggestion of caramel (but not creme brulee). Too vapid to drink later in the day, but neither possessing of the caffeine necessary for morning.

Had my second cup of this tonight. I thought I didn’t use enough the first time, so I carefully measured and timed the steep……but weak again. I was disappointed because the smell was so good. There is some left in the small sample tin, I think I will try a 10 min. steep next time.

…then again I’m not a caramel person.

This is one of the first teas I bought from David. I think perhaps I wasn’t ready for the sweet, creamy depth of the tea. Now that I’ve been drinking with David for a while, I like it better as I have become more comfortable with dessert teas that are not fruit based. I like it but don’t love it. It is light and creamy but I find that if I’m looking for a dessert team, I am more likey to turn to forever nuts or read my lips.

Day 23 of my Advent Calendar,

Dry leaves smell super fruity having a hard time imagining Creme Brulée from this.

Steeped still smells super fruity but i’picking up hints of vanilla the liqueur is a nice orangey color.

Time to taste: this taste like tutti fruity bubble gum not creme brulée …. not bad but not what i was expecting either…

My mom brought a sample bag of this. At first, I found the taste bitter and a bit off putting. My mother suggested adding 2 tsp of soy milk and a touch of brown sugar. What a huge difference this made! The tea’s full taste is unlocked, revealing a full bodied, tasty tea.

Mmm. While not spectacular, I still really enjoyed my mug of this. I probably won’t buy more of it, but I do like it.

Part of my advent calendar (sorry, I lost track of days!).