Creme Brulee

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Creamy, Toffee, Vanilla, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “My very first order ever from DAVIDsTEA arrived on my porch this evening! Hooray! This is a creamy, burnt sugar-esqe rooibos dessert tea. There is definitely something artificial about it -...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This just really isn't spectacular. At least, not for me. I actually have even more of it now because the DT near me was celebrating it's first birthday over the weekend and giving out goody bags...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 688 tasting notes
  • “For some reason I had it in my head that green rooibos would not be as rooibosy as red. This cup is proving that not to be the case. Though it is not immediately recognizable as rooibos it is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1877 tasting notes
  • “Rummaging through the cupboard this evening I decided to have some of this one. I have a litre of whipping cream in the fridge, and I'm trying to drink a lot of teas I can put it in... I can't make...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1420 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet seduction

No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, rooibos is caffeine free, making it the perfect drink for after dinner or before bed. Could life be more wonderful? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified green and red rooibos, safflowers, calendula marigold. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

tacey: Well, after a really long day, it’s really nice to have this cup of tea. I agree, it would be a nice dessert tea. I know I’ve said that before, but this one is a dessert. You don’t really get a lot of the rooibos, it’s more of a herbal feel. It’s nice. I feel satisfied. I give a 7/10. [Brooke: Why only a 7, then?] It’s not blowing me a way, it’s just comforting and giving me a little something. The taste isn’t in my face. I guess I could bump it to 8/10. A little bit of a different experience than the salted caramel. I feel like I’m winding down instead of being wound up.

Brooke: You know you’re at a wine tasting [Stacey: uh, sure] and to smell the wine, you have to dip the entirety of your nose into the glass? You give it a swirl and immediately throw your face into the drink in order to soak up the smell? Well… I’ve been doing that this whole time to this tea. It smells… wonderful. I do smell the cream, I do smell the rooibos, I do smell the dessert. Wow, just. And the taste? Mm. I drank it to the very last, lukewarm drop and it was delicious. 8.5/10
Read our full review here :) http://steepster.com/teas/davidstea/11798-creme-brulee

Looks: Such a beautiful loose leaf tea! Gorgeous colours.
Scent: Nice, light scent however nothing close to caramel or creme brulee; much more floral
Taste: Nice, I brewed it strong (7min) as when I sipped it light I got almost no flavour. After drinking, yes there was a nice flavour, but nothing like creme brule at all. Its a good tea, but don’t expect a dessert in your cup as I did or you will be disappointed.

Loved this tea. It is most definitely going into my permanent collection. Thank you to the advent calendar for getting me to love this. I’m surprised I haven’t had it before. Warm, not over flavorful and no burnt taste. Just like a creme burlee should be.

#7. Not a fan. This tea smelled good while steeping but I did not get a good flavor in the end. It didn’t taste like creme brule to me, it tasted like green leaves.

I really like this tea. It satisfies my sweet tooth without the thigh enlarging factor. Win win!

The leaves are so pretty! Anyways, the Creme Brulee tea is great for dessert or anyone who wants some sweet.

I love this the best when iced. Add a little sweetener and its yummy:) I’m not the biggest fan of this warm as seems to be the trend but iced its delicious:)

So, this one took a bit before I got any real flavour from it. I had to wait until it cooled down quite a bit and then I finally got the caramel/creamy taste that I was expecting… Given too… I did have it with dinner so that might not have helped.
Anyway, I did find it to be a nice sweeter treat. I don’t think I’ll be rushing out for this one, but it’s not bad.

Warm and uncomplicated, with the barest suggestion of caramel (but not creme brulee). Too vapid to drink later in the day, but neither possessing of the caffeine necessary for morning.