Creme Brulee

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Rooibos, Brown Sugar, Butter, Sweet, Candy, Barnyard, Creamy, Toffee, Vanilla, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “My very first order ever from DAVIDsTEA arrived on my porch this evening! Hooray! This is a creamy, burnt sugar-esqe rooibos dessert tea. There is definitely something artificial about it –...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This just really isn’t spectacular. At least, not for me. I actually have even more of it now because the DT near me was celebrating it’s first birthday over the weekend and giving out...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “For some reason I had it in my head that green rooibos would not be as rooibosy as red. This cup is proving that not to be the case. Though it is not immediately recognizable as rooibos it is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2388 tasting notes
  • “Rummaging through the cupboard this evening I decided to have some of this one. I have a litre of whipping cream in the fridge, and I’m trying to drink a lot of teas I can put it in… I...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 2026 tasting notes

Sweet seduction

No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, rooibos is caffeine free, making it the perfect drink for after dinner or before bed. Could life be more wonderful? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified green and red rooibos, safflowers, calendula marigold. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Nice, I already sipped this down this morning. Glad I tried it but won’t bother getting it again.

All these creme brulee blends I’ve been trying kind of makes me want to try the actual dessert, though.

I’m not sure if I liked this more than Salted Caramel, but it does taste very similar – which is a good thing! I couldn’t put my cup down – I also added a bit of skim milk and I got none of that straight up rooibos taste that I am always a little fearful of when I’m drinking rooibos blends. A very nice dessert tea – even if I did have mine first thing in the morning! Oh well. :]

No sugar needed. Incredibly sweet, reminds me of Asian milk tea.

I didn’t think this tastes anything like creme brûlée to be honest…just rooibos.

Not too sweet, very subtle and smooth.

I just don’t get creme brulee from this. Besides, what’s the point of creme brulee if you can’t crack the shell on the surface? I guess it’s a nice pick if you want something sweet, but only mildly so… but then, why not just get something vanilla? Or just add sugar to your tea? I don’t know. I just get a whole lot of “what’s the point?” from this one. I find that David’s Creme Caramel renders this one a bit redundant, as they’re very similar, but the creme caramel has a richer, more buttery flavour. It’s like the difference between a Werther’s Original and a diabetic-friendly candy sweetened with sorbitol. Creme brulee just isn’t my bag.

Had a cup of this the other day and it was delicious! Smells amazingly too!

tacey: Well, after a really long day, it’s really nice to have this cup of tea. I agree, it would be a nice dessert tea. I know I’ve said that before, but this one is a dessert. You don’t really get a lot of the rooibos, it’s more of a herbal feel. It’s nice. I feel satisfied. I give a 7/10. [Brooke: Why only a 7, then?] It’s not blowing me a way, it’s just comforting and giving me a little something. The taste isn’t in my face. I guess I could bump it to 8/10. A little bit of a different experience than the salted caramel. I feel like I’m winding down instead of being wound up.

Brooke: You know you’re at a wine tasting [Stacey: uh, sure] and to smell the wine, you have to dip the entirety of your nose into the glass? You give it a swirl and immediately throw your face into the drink in order to soak up the smell? Well… I’ve been doing that this whole time to this tea. It smells… wonderful. I do smell the cream, I do smell the rooibos, I do smell the dessert. Wow, just. And the taste? Mm. I drank it to the very last, lukewarm drop and it was delicious. 8.5/10
Read our full review here :)

Looks: Such a beautiful loose leaf tea! Gorgeous colours.
Scent: Nice, light scent however nothing close to caramel or creme brulee; much more floral
Taste: Nice, I brewed it strong (7min) as when I sipped it light I got almost no flavour. After drinking, yes there was a nice flavour, but nothing like creme brule at all. Its a good tea, but don’t expect a dessert in your cup as I did or you will be disappointed.

Loved this tea. It is most definitely going into my permanent collection. Thank you to the advent calendar for getting me to love this. I’m surprised I haven’t had it before. Warm, not over flavorful and no burnt taste. Just like a creme burlee should be.