Creme Brulee

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Creamy, Toffee, Vanilla, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “My very first order ever from DAVIDsTEA arrived on my porch this evening! Hooray! This is a creamy, burnt sugar-esqe rooibos dessert tea. There is definitely something artificial about it -...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This just really isn't spectacular. At least, not for me. I actually have even more of it now because the DT near me was celebrating it's first birthday over the weekend and giving out goody bags...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes
  • “For some reason I had it in my head that green rooibos would not be as rooibosy as red. This cup is proving that not to be the case. Though it is not immediately recognizable as rooibos it is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1847 tasting notes
  • “Rummaging through the cupboard this evening I decided to have some of this one. I have a litre of whipping cream in the fridge, and I'm trying to drink a lot of teas I can put it in... I can't make...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1375 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet seduction

No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, rooibos is caffeine free, making it the perfect drink for after dinner or before bed. Could life be more wonderful? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified green and red rooibos, safflowers, calendula marigold. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

so i Just opened this tea tonight as a desert drink, So I would not be craving anything sweet other then my tea, it did not disappoint! This has such a light flavor it just dances on the tong, the smell is of cream but the flavor has this subtle Caramel flavor and its just nice! , My husband who is sick and drinking echinaza tea was willing to just sip it out of a new spoon just to try it! he then said he really liked it!! This is one I will keep in the stash for both of us, I have a feeling this will be Jums go to tea in the wintertime :)

Another tea from the GCTTB. I love creme brûlée, so a tea that supposedly tasted like it was definitely something that I wanted to try out.

The dry tea is sweet smelling with a bit of tang from the marigold and the natural flavoring. It didn’t smell like creme brûlée but I was willing to wait to make any kid of firm opinion.

The steeped liquor comes out an orange-gold with a scent profile of creme and sugar which did start to remind me of the traditional dessert. Again there were a few highlights from the marigold and safflower but they blended in better with the overall profile.

As for the flavor; subtle, sweet and it definitely tasted like creme brûlée. I was actually rather surprised how well the dry tea translated into this most interesting flavor. The mouth feel is creamy (which helps to make it feel like I’m literally drinking dessert) but at the same time much lighter than I was expecting. And the best part is I don’t get any artificial tastes or aftertastes, it’s all very natural and smooth.

I really enjoyed this tea and since I’ve been looking for more caffeine free options think I’ll end up getting some for myself. Even my partner liked it, which definitely says something! ;)

Lala

Glad to hear you are finding some teas you like in the box.

I’ve been in a bit of a tea rut the past few days. Nothing in my cupboard looks good so I just drink water or juice. At work, it’s pumpkin chai, chai guarana, honeybee cocoa matcha everyday.
But I needed a cup of tea tonight and as I am woefully behind on my Advent Calender (which is fine, truth be told, I really decided to buy it because I wanted the tiny adorable tins for care packages) I decided to make a pot of this.
Amazing. It’s a beautiful golden colour and I tasted burnt sugar and creamy custard and delicious rooibos. I have been drinking it from bubble cups (i think they’re 6oz?) and I sweetend one, then drank one without, then sweetened a third a bit too heavily. But all three have been delicious. This would be amazing as a latte!

I thought this tea was very good, sweet but not too sweet, and had a nice flavor. But definitely a dessert/after meal type tea.

This is another I’ve revisited about discounting it about a year ago. And another I’m glad I did, since again it has been redeemed. I’m seriously beginning to wonder if I didn’t read anything about brewing before and just blithely did 5 min at boiling for everything. What waste if I did!

Anyways, this one. Definitely sweet with hints of caramel. Not necessarily how I prefer my creme brulee, but it is a nice enough dessert tea that I am ranking it with a smile. Again, though, I’m not sure if I’ll crave this one. When I want something caramel sweet I’m definitely more apt to reach for a caramel candy or chocolate than a tea. I’ll have to see what a second cup of this after the wall completion does to my thoughts on it.

Faith

I’ve been tempted to try this one… maybe I will now!

This is my second time trying this one. I forgot to log it last time. This tea is full of a butterscotch pudding like flavor and I really dig it when I am in the mood for caramel or butterscotch flavored tea. I can taste the rooibos in this a little bit but it’s not overpowering. It’s better than any caramel rooibos I’ve tried. The dry leaves of this tea are really beautiful too!

QueenOfTarts

This sounds absolutely delicious.

I have yet to find a rooibos I enjoy. This is next to the docket. The smell dry is deliciously caramel, but steeped it has a somewhat medicinal scent.

Hmm. Tastes medicinal as well. Darn. Perhaps my tastebuds are off today.

MissLena

I’d suggest Creme Caramel by DAVIDsTEA, it’s pretty tasty, I just tried it yesterday :), Jessie’s Tea isn’t too bad either, very sweet and if you like coconut, you will probably enjoy it! My favorite rooibos though would have to be Lemon Chiffon by Della Terra Teas. I hope you eventually find one that you like!

I couldn’t taste or smell anything beyond straight red rooibos.

Maisonlula

I wasn’t a big fan of this neither.

Faith

Hmmmm… always wanted to try this one. Now, maybe not?

DaisyChubb

It might be worth it to try a bit, maybe 10g! But it’s not terribly exciting – I think the creme caramel rooibos has much more flavour

Here’s to my first time logging this… it’s been a really long time since I’ve drank this tea but I better get on it cause I have a 100g tin in my cupboard!

Anyways, I’m surprised I’m into this tea at all because I am not a fan of Creme Brulee dessert. So for those of you who don’t like this dessert don’t let that turn you off from trying this tea.

I like this tea because of the green rooibos, and all the added health benefits of drinking rooibos. But what’s really beautiful about it is that its like you’re having a sweet, indulgent drink when in reality you’re drinking something that’s very good for you!
I think the most predominant flavours are the caramel and the rooibos. But if you let it steep too long it does not balance well and it’s no good.
It’s definetly a very sweet, desserty like tea that you need to drink only when you’re really in the mood for something sweet. It’s a soft kind of sweet that goes down smooth, rather than a fruity or sour sweet tea, which is very calming. Plus, its caffeine free, so great for an after dinner “dessert” or something warm to cuddle with in bed.
Considering how long it’s been since I’ve had this tea I was very pleased with how much I enjoyed it tonight.

I would also like to add that the aroma of these tea does not compare well to the taste. Its a lot “harsher” and sweet when you smell it, but really tones down while drinking. Also, the tea leaves are very beautiful, especially the hints of bright red.

Another from the Traveling Teabox B. I couldn’t help but smell this one and fall in love. Mmm it smells so creamy and sweet. Mm the flavor is creamy with lovely hints of caramel. It’s nice but there is nothing that makes me go wow.