Creme Brulee

Rooibos Tea
Cream, Vanilla, Caramel
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “My very first order ever from DAVIDsTEA arrived on my porch this evening! Hooray! This is a creamy, burnt sugar-esqe rooibos dessert tea. There is definitely something artificial about it -...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This just really isn't spectacular. At least, not for me. I actually have even more of it now because the DT near me was celebrating it's first birthday over the weekend and giving out goody bags...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 674 tasting notes
  • “For some reason I had it in my head that green rooibos would not be as rooibosy as red. This cup is proving that not to be the case. Though it is not immediately recognizable as rooibos it is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1340 tasting notes
  • “Rummaging through the cupboard this evening I decided to have some of this one. I have a litre of whipping cream in the fridge, and I'm trying to drink a lot of teas I can put it in... I can't make...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1154 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet seduction

No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, rooibos is caffeine free, making it the perfect drink for after dinner or before bed. Could life be more wonderful? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified green and red rooibos, safflowers, calendula marigold. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I told the guy at Davids to brew me anything that had no caffeine in it. He gave me this with a little bit of agave and I liked it more than I thought I would when he pulled it. I wanted to try something new so I left it all in his hands and it worked out very well. I actually quite enjoyed this. It wasn’t overly sweet even with the agave and I definitely picked up the caramel in this tea. It was the right level of sweet and creaminess to end a day with a friend.

In true “me” fashion, I’ve fallen behind in the DavidsTea advent calendar. Between the huge Della Terra Teas order that I just got in and the early Christmas present my girlfriend gave to me of World Tea House teas, it’s been a bit hard keeping up with the calendar. (I know, I know, first world tea drinker problems, amirite?)

ANYWAY, I liked this one okay. It smells amazing brewed (sadly, almost better than it tastes). Sweet, creamy, but not enough to really sway me to buy some. SIGH, fickle rooibos teas!

I bought it twice and had a different impression each time. First time, I found it so delicious, tastes like maple syrup even thought it does not say. Second time, I found the sent was rather dull and I was not impressed… I can’t figure it why. I should try it one more time.

The dry tea smells terrific — burnt sugar and butter — but the steeped tea is just bland. My package says green rooibos (not green and red). Not much else to say about it.

At least (according to my package, which says “ORGANIC Crème Brulee”), it doesn’t appear to have the artificial flavouring that David’s seems to use so often.

I received this as a sample from Amanda. For some reason, the dry smell almost reminds me of egg nog! Maybe I’m nuts, but that is what I smell. The taste is very light, creamy, and slightly sweet. I really enjoy this tea and I’m glad I finally got to try it out! :-)

This one was just OK for me. I tried it in store and will not be buying any. It is really sweet and is what I would call a desert tea. I’m not a huge fan of roibos teas in general and this one didnt sway me.

I don’t think I’m a rooibos fan. Just couldn’t drink this….fortunately just a small sample from the advent calendar. First tea from David’s that I just don’t like.

I’m dropping my rating on this. I haven’t had it in awhile and decided to give it one last chance. It tastes so artificial I ended up dumping most of my cup out.

This is a lovely rooibos tea, nice and light. There’s a lot of sweetness to it already, which means that it doesn’t really require much, if anything, in the way of sweetener. That’s a definite upside to me, since I’m in a mood where I want sweet things, but don’t actually have anything in my apartment to satisfy the craving.

It makes me sad that I’ll likely only be able to get one last cup of this out of the advent calendar tin, since it really is a lovely tea.

This may be one for the shopping list.

Okay, so it’s a rooibos. I will blame everything I don’t like about it on that fact. If it ain’t fruity, I tend to not care for rooibos.

Honestly, I LOVE Creme Brulée – the food. I love making them, I love eating them, I love that thin crust of caramelized sugar on top and what it feels like to break your spoon through. The cream underneath, rich and thick and sweet…

But this tea is really THIN to me. Watery, almost a bit fruity (which has no place here in a creme brulée tea, in my opinion) to me. I don’t find the scent particularly “outrageously tempting” – I find it weak. I hoped when I bought it that it would translate stronger into a brewed cup, but for me it just doesn’t stand on its own. Thin, water, kinda sweet, but it doesn’t taste like creme brulée and it doesn’t have the textures reminiscent of it, either. Just a miss for me.