Creme Brulee

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Cream, Vanilla
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “My very first order ever from DAVIDsTEA arrived on my porch this evening! Hooray! This is a creamy, burnt sugar-esqe rooibos dessert tea. There is definitely something artificial about it -...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This just really isn't spectacular. At least, not for me. I actually have even more of it now because the DT near me was celebrating it's first birthday over the weekend and giving out goody bags...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 675 tasting notes
  • “For some reason I had it in my head that green rooibos would not be as rooibosy as red. This cup is proving that not to be the case. Though it is not immediately recognizable as rooibos it is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1356 tasting notes
  • “Rummaging through the cupboard this evening I decided to have some of this one. I have a litre of whipping cream in the fridge, and I'm trying to drink a lot of teas I can put it in... I can't make...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1165 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet seduction

No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, rooibos is caffeine free, making it the perfect drink for after dinner or before bed. Could life be more wonderful? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified green and red rooibos, safflowers, calendula marigold. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The smell was amazing. It continued to permeate my apartment even though the tea had gone cold. The tea alone would be good as dessert.

I tried this one today at the random suggestion of one of the staff, as I’m at the point where I’ve tried most of the other teas by now.. and it was amazing! A completely random blessing! I was quite surprised, because I typically shy away from rooibos based ones, but maybe it was because of the green rooibos as opposed to the red? I had milk and agave in it, though I usually drink tea without either…. but I’m glad I did.
1. I finally found a decaffinated tea perfect for just before bed- no liccorice, mint, or cammomile…. (I’m trying to fix messed up sleep patterns lately) 2. I finally found a caramel-y tea that didn’t disappoint me…. 3. I found a rooibos that I’m quite fond of.

I say this was a complete success on so many levels, mostly by mistake.
I was surprised to see so many low ratings for this one….. but it deffinatly does need milk and agave.

here’s what DavidsTea says about Creme Brulee~Sweet seduction
No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, some experts are saying that the special antioxidants and alpha hydroxy acids in green rooibos will fight aging and improve your health. Could life be more wonderful?
here’s what i say~A.mmmmmmmmmmmen!

This is my favourite tea right now from David’s Tea. Since David’s Tea opened in my city, my love for tea has gotten stronger. I’ve tried a handful of their teas, and Creme Brulee is my favourite right now, I can’t get enough. It’s a nice, light tasting tea that is perfect any time of the day. I am currently out and am sad because I don’t have time to go get more right now, but I will soon enough and then I can enjoy it once again!

First Impressions

After the smell, the taste is underwhelming. Could have just been regular green tea, hmm… I should try it again.

Andie

Totally agree with you on this one

I get a really creamy, smooth cup. Not an overwhelming creaminess but something really full seeming. I can almost imagine it’s food and not liquid as I drink it. The tea is not as sweet as one might expect, but it has nice hints of caramel. I haven’t ever actually had creme brulee dessert because I don’t like the texture of custard, but I imagine this makes a decent approximation of it.

It’s not as exciting as it all sounds, though. The flavour is quite mild even though it’s so creamy.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea has a nice caramel type smell. The taste is like a mix of rooibos and green tea taste which is okay but not really dessert-like. So this tea is okay but not as tastey as I expected given the description. Worth a try though.

Nice, I already sipped this down this morning. Glad I tried it but won’t bother getting it again.

All these creme brulee blends I’ve been trying kind of makes me want to try the actual dessert, though.

I’m not sure if I liked this more than Salted Caramel, but it does taste very similar – which is a good thing! I couldn’t put my cup down – I also added a bit of skim milk and I got none of that straight up rooibos taste that I am always a little fearful of when I’m drinking rooibos blends. A very nice dessert tea – even if I did have mine first thing in the morning! Oh well. :]

No sugar needed. Incredibly sweet, reminds me of Asian milk tea.