Creme Brulee

Rooibos Tea
Barnyard, Caramel, Creamy, Toffee, Vanilla, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “My very first order ever from DAVIDsTEA arrived on my porch this evening! Hooray! This is a creamy, burnt sugar-esqe rooibos dessert tea. There is definitely something artificial about it -...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This just really isn't spectacular. At least, not for me. I actually have even more of it now because the DT near me was celebrating it's first birthday over the weekend and giving out goody bags...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 698 tasting notes
  • “For some reason I had it in my head that green rooibos would not be as rooibosy as red. This cup is proving that not to be the case. Though it is not immediately recognizable as rooibos it is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2087 tasting notes
  • “Rummaging through the cupboard this evening I decided to have some of this one. I have a litre of whipping cream in the fridge, and I'm trying to drink a lot of teas I can put it in... I can't make...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1627 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sweet seduction

No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, rooibos is caffeine free, making it the perfect drink for after dinner or before bed. Could life be more wonderful? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified green and red rooibos, safflowers, calendula marigold. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The smell was amazing. It continued to permeate my apartment even though the tea had gone cold. The tea alone would be good as dessert.

I tried this one today at the random suggestion of one of the staff, as I’m at the point where I’ve tried most of the other teas by now.. and it was amazing! A completely random blessing! I was quite surprised, because I typically shy away from rooibos based ones, but maybe it was because of the green rooibos as opposed to the red? I had milk and agave in it, though I usually drink tea without either…. but I’m glad I did.
1. I finally found a decaffinated tea perfect for just before bed- no liccorice, mint, or cammomile…. (I’m trying to fix messed up sleep patterns lately) 2. I finally found a caramel-y tea that didn’t disappoint me…. 3. I found a rooibos that I’m quite fond of.

I say this was a complete success on so many levels, mostly by mistake.
I was surprised to see so many low ratings for this one….. but it deffinatly does need milk and agave.

here’s what DavidsTea says about Creme Brulee~Sweet seduction
No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, some experts are saying that the special antioxidants and alpha hydroxy acids in green rooibos will fight aging and improve your health. Could life be more wonderful?
here’s what i say~A.mmmmmmmmmmmen!

This is my favourite tea right now from David’s Tea. Since David’s Tea opened in my city, my love for tea has gotten stronger. I’ve tried a handful of their teas, and Creme Brulee is my favourite right now, I can’t get enough. It’s a nice, light tasting tea that is perfect any time of the day. I am currently out and am sad because I don’t have time to go get more right now, but I will soon enough and then I can enjoy it once again!

First Impressions

After the smell, the taste is underwhelming. Could have just been regular green tea, hmm… I should try it again.

Andie

Totally agree with you on this one

I get a really creamy, smooth cup. Not an overwhelming creaminess but something really full seeming. I can almost imagine it’s food and not liquid as I drink it. The tea is not as sweet as one might expect, but it has nice hints of caramel. I haven’t ever actually had creme brulee dessert because I don’t like the texture of custard, but I imagine this makes a decent approximation of it.

It’s not as exciting as it all sounds, though. The flavour is quite mild even though it’s so creamy.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea has a nice caramel type smell. The taste is like a mix of rooibos and green tea taste which is okay but not really dessert-like. So this tea is okay but not as tastey as I expected given the description. Worth a try though.

Okay, so I like rooibos in general, and I like caramel. But for some reason this tea just doesn’t do it for me. There is some other scent or flavor in there that is a bit gamey. That spoils it for me.

Flavors: Barnyard

I’ve had this both iced with sweetener and hot and I enjoyed both. Definitely a nice rooibos to try. It almost smells like rum in the bag which is wonderful.

3 min, 30 sec 1 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

sipdown! yay for getting in one a day still…i’m hoping to keep up that trend for the entire month of august, though i’m sure i’ll run out of sample sizes eventually. a goal of one means the other 2 teas i drink at a minimum help me work on decreasing other teas down to that “sipdown” range :) this one wasn’t half bad for a david’s tea, though i don’t need to have it again :)