Creme Brulee

Rooibos Tea
Caramel, Rooibos, Brown Sugar, Butter, Sweet, Candy, Barnyard, Creamy, Toffee, Vanilla, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “My very first order ever from DAVIDsTEA arrived on my porch this evening! Hooray! This is a creamy, burnt sugar-esqe rooibos dessert tea. There is definitely something artificial about it –...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This just really isn’t spectacular. At least, not for me. I actually have even more of it now because the DT near me was celebrating it’s first birthday over the weekend and giving out...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “For some reason I had it in my head that green rooibos would not be as rooibosy as red. This cup is proving that not to be the case. Though it is not immediately recognizable as rooibos it is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2388 tasting notes
  • “Rummaging through the cupboard this evening I decided to have some of this one. I have a litre of whipping cream in the fridge, and I’m trying to drink a lot of teas I can put it in… I...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 2026 tasting notes

Sweet seduction

No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, rooibos is caffeine free, making it the perfect drink for after dinner or before bed. Could life be more wonderful? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified green and red rooibos, safflowers, calendula marigold. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The smell was amazing. It continued to permeate my apartment even though the tea had gone cold. The tea alone would be good as dessert.

I tried this one today at the random suggestion of one of the staff, as I’m at the point where I’ve tried most of the other teas by now.. and it was amazing! A completely random blessing! I was quite surprised, because I typically shy away from rooibos based ones, but maybe it was because of the green rooibos as opposed to the red? I had milk and agave in it, though I usually drink tea without either…. but I’m glad I did.
1. I finally found a decaffinated tea perfect for just before bed- no liccorice, mint, or cammomile…. (I’m trying to fix messed up sleep patterns lately) 2. I finally found a caramel-y tea that didn’t disappoint me…. 3. I found a rooibos that I’m quite fond of.

I say this was a complete success on so many levels, mostly by mistake.
I was surprised to see so many low ratings for this one….. but it deffinatly does need milk and agave.

here’s what DavidsTea says about Creme Brulee~Sweet seduction
No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, some experts are saying that the special antioxidants and alpha hydroxy acids in green rooibos will fight aging and improve your health. Could life be more wonderful?
here’s what i say~A.mmmmmmmmmmmen!

This is my favourite tea right now from David’s Tea. Since David’s Tea opened in my city, my love for tea has gotten stronger. I’ve tried a handful of their teas, and Creme Brulee is my favourite right now, I can’t get enough. It’s a nice, light tasting tea that is perfect any time of the day. I am currently out and am sad because I don’t have time to go get more right now, but I will soon enough and then I can enjoy it once again!

First Impressions

After the smell, the taste is underwhelming. Could have just been regular green tea, hmm… I should try it again.

Totally agree with you on this one

I get a really creamy, smooth cup. Not an overwhelming creaminess but something really full seeming. I can almost imagine it’s food and not liquid as I drink it. The tea is not as sweet as one might expect, but it has nice hints of caramel. I haven’t ever actually had creme brulee dessert because I don’t like the texture of custard, but I imagine this makes a decent approximation of it.

It’s not as exciting as it all sounds, though. The flavour is quite mild even though it’s so creamy.

Boiling 8 min or more

This tea has a nice caramel type smell. The taste is like a mix of rooibos and green tea taste which is okay but not really dessert-like. So this tea is okay but not as tastey as I expected given the description. Worth a try though.

This green rooibos tea came in a sampler.

It is just ok. I added a bit of cold water to the boiling before I steeped the tea to prevent the sour wood rooibos thing. As the tea began to steep, I got the slightest bit of caramel scent. Just as I got the slightest bit of caramel flavour in the first sip or two. After that, it was all green rooibos. Not impressive, but ok. I will finish my sample of this in the evenings when I want something plain and basic. Or perhaps I can add this to the rooibos teas I have which are far too sweet. At least it hasn’t been artificially sweetened to death. My preference is red rooibos, but perhaps one day a green rooibos will surprise me.

Flavors: Caramel, Rooibos

I had this one in a sampler set. I remember being excited to try it for the first time because I L-O-V-E creme brulee.

I found the tiny half filled tin of it yesterday and decided to finish ’er off. It was better than I had remembered, though my precision in making tea has changed so much since I first picked up this tea.

It tasted less ‘burnt’ than I remembered. I definitely wouldn’t say it tastes like creme brulee. But it’s not bad. It resteeped well at least three times. I wouldn’t be upset if it showed up in another sampler pack, but I won’t be purposely re-stocking.

Flavors: Brown Sugar, Butter, Rooibos, Sweet

I had a coupon for a free tea so I decided to reward myself with this one on Sunday. It tastes just like a chewy caramel candy! Well, not exactly. The flavor is noms, but it’s also watery. It kind of just falls out at the end of the sip. I thought that the lady had just underleafed it, but looking at the other reviews I am wondering whether more leaf would really have solved the problem. This particular rooibos base just might not be hearty enough to support the flavor. I would be open to playing around with this one at home to see if I can fix it.

Flavors: Candy, Caramel