Creme Brulee

Rooibos Tea
Brown Sugar, Butter, Rooibos, Sweet, Candy, Caramel, Barnyard, Creamy, Toffee, Vanilla, Cream
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “My very first order ever from DAVIDsTEA arrived on my porch this evening! Hooray! This is a creamy, burnt sugar-esqe rooibos dessert tea. There is definitely something artificial about it –...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “This just really isn’t spectacular. At least, not for me. I actually have even more of it now because the DT near me was celebrating it’s first birthday over the weekend and giving out...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 707 tasting notes
  • “For some reason I had it in my head that green rooibos would not be as rooibosy as red. This cup is proving that not to be the case. Though it is not immediately recognizable as rooibos it is...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2379 tasting notes
  • “Rummaging through the cupboard this evening I decided to have some of this one. I have a litre of whipping cream in the fridge, and I’m trying to drink a lot of teas I can put it in… I...” Read full tasting note
    OMGsrsly 1963 tasting notes

Sweet seduction

No one can resist this organic green rooibos tea. Seriously. The aroma is just too outrageously tempting. Creamy, caramel, decadent, rich. And the taste! How can something so sweet be so light and fresh? Plus, rooibos is caffeine free, making it the perfect drink for after dinner or before bed. Could life be more wonderful? (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified green and red rooibos, safflowers, calendula marigold. With natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I thought I had added this tea to my cupboard, but I guess not. In any event, last night was a sipdown – but I’m robbed of the satisfaction of pressing the “remove from cupboard” button.

This was nice and tasty, but I don’t know if I’d want to restock.

Okay, so I like rooibos in general, and I like caramel. But for some reason this tea just doesn’t do it for me. There is some other scent or flavor in there that is a bit gamey. That spoils it for me.

Flavors: Barnyard

I’ve had this both iced with sweetener and hot and I enjoyed both. Definitely a nice rooibos to try. It almost smells like rum in the bag which is wonderful.

3 min, 30 sec 1 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

sipdown! yay for getting in one a day still…i’m hoping to keep up that trend for the entire month of august, though i’m sure i’ll run out of sample sizes eventually. a goal of one means the other 2 teas i drink at a minimum help me work on decreasing other teas down to that “sipdown” range :) this one wasn’t half bad for a david’s tea, though i don’t need to have it again :)

Another sample from months ago, possibly poorly stored.

I had this last night while cleaning and it’s delicious. It’s very creamy with hints of cinnamon and caramel; easily one of the more dessert-like teas I’ve had from DavidsTea.

I can’t decide if this is something worth having around or not.

One of my favourite caramel teas. Has that slight taste of vanilla as well has toffee undertones.

Flavors: Caramel, Creamy, Toffee, Vanilla

This tea is strange. It doesn’t taste as rooibos-y as other rooibos blends, so that’s a point in its favor. It doesn’t taste much like anything really. I get a little caramel taste when I exhale after the sip. It does taste a little creamy but there’s really no flavor for the creaminess to compliment. At least it doesn’t taste like wood chip tea like some rooibos blends!

Also, there’s a pretty good (for Minnesota) thunderstorm going on outside and it is making me miss Florida SO FREAKING MUCH! Why did I ever move away? Le sigh.

Flavors: Cream

Boiling 5 min, 30 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

Not sure if I steeped enough tea…but it has a very delicate, caramel-y taste to it. It doesn’t have tons of flavor-at least this steep doesn’t. Perhaps I’ll just have to steep more next time. Maybe I’ll try mixing it with something, or simply, steep more next time.xD I’ll figure it out soon-thank you for this sample, Virginia! :D

Flavors: Caramel, Cream

Lariel of Lórien

Try it with the Birthday Cake… or Oh Canada.

I will definitely have to try that-thanks! :D

Someone gave this to me. I hate creme brulee, but I can appreciate that people who like it may enjoy this tea. The flavoring is a bit much. It’s not my favorite. Rooibos on top of it. Bleh.

Nice, I already sipped this down this morning. Glad I tried it but won’t bother getting it again.

All these creme brulee blends I’ve been trying kind of makes me want to try the actual dessert, though.