Rooibos de Provence

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Black Currant, Blueberry, Lavender, Red Currant, Rooibos, Rose Hips, Rose Petals
Medicinal, Mint, Black Currant, Floral, Perfume, Berries, Flowers
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

A little rustic glamour
The scent of lavender never fails to evoke the south of France, with its fabulous mix of tiny villages and celebrity-filled beaches and yachts. So imagine yourself in Aix or St-Tropez, leisurely sipping on this smooth blend of rooibos, rosehip, black currants, rose leaves, lavender, raisins, red currants, rose petals and dried blueberries. It’s filled with sophistication and antioxidants.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I coldbrewed this little beauty and it turned out so good! Maybe I was wrong about no longer liking rooibos, maybe I’ve just needed to drink a good rooibos.

It smells like cough syrup but tastes like berries. Love.

After reading several of the reviews I can’t quite figure out how I ended up not liking this tea!! I brewed up a pot of this tea before a movie. At first sniff I was immediately was taken back to my childhood, being sick and my mom giving us shots of Robitussin. Weird… right?? Anyways. It steeps for a minute or two. My mom comes in to check if it’s ready. I give her a sniff and the first words out of her mouth was Robitussin?? I pour us each a cup and start the movie. As it cools I can’t stop sniffing my cup!! At this point all I can smell is medicine. NOT the good, flavored kind either. I wait for mom to take a sip and I can tell just by the look on her face…. that we have a pot of brewed fail. I take my first sip and yep!! Robitussin. I get about half way thru my first cup and can’t take it anymore. I’m taken back to being a kid, sick in bed, covered in some kind of gooey vapor rub, drinking Sprite and having to guzzle down Robitussin. Ick!! I wanted to like this tea but it’s just not going to happen…

On to the next!! :)

I asked DavidsTea to recommend me a tea that had lavender in it (I was on a lavender hunt, because of a certain lavender earl grey latte I had at another place) and they showed me this one. I had this steeped in my travel mug but I never got to try it because I had forgotten it at work. It did leave a nice after smell to my mug after the wash, for some reason I thought it reminded me of bubble gum. Maybe that’s just me.

I will give a better note when I actually get to try it.

The Rooibos in this one is really strong, a bit too strong for me. The lavender and currents do add some interestingness, and it does remind me of France. Lavender tends to knock me out, so I have been using this as a before sleep tea some nights.

I got this as a sample, but I don’t think I will get it again. I like the uniqueness, but it is just too red-rooibos-y. I much prefer some of the other Rooibos blends that include Green from DT, such as Green and Fruity or Birthday Cake.

This one is really growing on me. The first time I tried rooibos I wasnt sure if I liked it. I think I like it better when it’s not with a bunch of fruity flavors which is why I kind of like this one and will be buying more of it. Its perfect before bedtime and it’s relaxing!

A hint of metallic taste on the sip. Sweet floral flavour. Thin feel on the tongue. Very full flowery and hint of fruity aftertaste that lingers in the mouth. Lavender notes are present throughout.

To start off—I don’t like rooibos. I was recommended this tea from a friend. From the bag, it smells really amazing because of the berry smells. Unfortunately I can’t get over the taste—I’m not a big fan of it. I really hate to say this, but the taste reminds me a bit of soap. I really wanted to like this one, but unfortunately it won’t happen :(

Steeped with a touch of agave. I love the subtle hints of fruits and flowers in this rooibos. It’s a very smooth, well rounded tea to sip before bed. I love that it’s full of antioxidants and minerals – makes me feel like I’m doing something decadent for myself.

Love this one, but just a bit too strong in taste.

A few weeks ago, I had dinner at my best friend’s house. For dessert, we had lightly sweetened strawberries and blueberries mixed with mint from the garden. It was completely amazing – light, sweet, a really satisfying end to dinner. After smelling this tea’s dry leaf and seeing all the dehydrated berries, I got very exciting, thinking that perhaps I’d found that most wonderful dessert in tea form.

Ha. Hahahaha.

I used up my entire sample to make a pot of this last night. It is overwhelmingly medicinal. Any fruit flavor that might be there just contributes to the medicinal quality, making this tea taste like less repulsive cough syrup. I get what I think is mint as an aftertaste once each sip is finished, which is the best part of this whole tea.

I was so excited for this sample and I’m really disappointed that I broke out my teapot this!

Flavors: Medicinal, Mint