Rooibos de Provence

Berries, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

From DAVIDsTEA

A little rustic glamour
The scent of lavender never fails to evoke the south of France, with its fabulous mix of tiny villages and celebrity-filled beaches and yachts. So imagine yourself in Aix or St-Tropez, leisurely sipping on this smooth blend of rooibos, rosehip, black currants, rose leaves, lavender, raisins, red currants, rose petals and dried blueberries. It’s filled with sophistication and antioxidants.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I’ve been meaning to try this tea for over a year and I’m glad I’ve finally done it. Nice and rooibos-y with sweetness. I need to try this iced!

Flavors: Berries

A sample from MissB. Thank you. :)

So first. Ingredients.

Website:
South African rooibos, rosehip shells, black currants, rose leaves, lavender, red currants, blueberries, natural flavouring*.

Package:
South African rooibos, blueberries, rosehips, rose petals, rose leaves, lavender, raisins, black currants, red currants, artificial blueberry flavouring.

DavidsTea! You need to do better. Which one should I believe? Are there blueberries in there? Rose petals? I have no idea! Thankfully I’m not allergic to anything in either of the ingredient lists, but it doesn’t make me feel like I could trust either of them. I could serve it to a friend and find out about surprise!raspberries, or surprise!strawberries… and honestly it wouldn’t be that much of a surprise. Because this keeps on happening.

Anyways. The tea smells amazing. Yes, like Blueberry Jam or Blue Lagoon. I guess the same blueberry flavour is used in all of them. But since this one is a rooibos, it is a bit woody. Maybe it’s a tiny bit floral, on the end of the sip. IDK. It’s hard to tell, what with all the blueberry.

This is another rooibos I like that isn’t a dessert flavour. Nice and fruity. But would I have room in my cupboard for both Northern Berry from Zen Tea, and this one? Probably not. And I’d probably go with Northern Berry because it has cranberries in it. Mmm, cranberries.

(Sample pack in 16 oz. 1/4 tsp honey.)

Sami Kelsh

This sounds delicious, but Davids, surprise ingredients is silly!

OMGsrsly

It’s terrible. There are some teas with allergens that are either there because of cross-contamination, or because they haven’t updated their ingredients lists. :/

Sipdown! (117)

I got this from shmiracles pretty recently :)

Opened up the pack and… medicine? The blueberry flavouring was kinda overpowering, and the sweet African Rooibos was kinda getting lost with all the other super fruity flavours.
I poured it into my slightly warmish moist mason jar and it kinda just sat there for a while as I was waiting for the kettle to boil and the mediciney smell was definitely going away and I can smell the sweetness of the rooibos! oh happy day :)
It’s steeping and wow. The lavender is coming out like a lot a lot.
The taste of the actual tea is a bit confusing. Love the lavender and I love the rooibos (those are the two most prominent flavours I can taste) but I don’t think that they mix well together. Can’t taste the rose in it, and I’m getting wee bits of the blueberries and currants. Like I said, the lavender is pretty strong in this tea.
It’s okay? I probably won’t finish this cup, but I’ll wash out my mason jar and stick it in the fridge and see how it’ll taste in the morning :)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
TeaBrat

I can’t imagine I would like this but lavender in tea isn’t that appealing to me.

Memily

Yep, I wanted to like this but the lavender was just a little too much.

jump62359

I tried it iced this morning and the lavender.
Like I love the smell of lavender, but I don’t think it’s a flavour I’d necessarily enjoy drinking.

Shmiracles

wanna know what’s weird? i REALLLY don’t like lavender soap or lavender scented things. i also am generally ‘so over’ rooibos. at least the red one.
i bought this tea for my sister. cuz i like her lots and she likes rose things lots.
… but i’m pretty sure i drink this 10x more often than she does.
it has many things i don’t like in it, i really shouldn’t like it, but i do!! i do!
it’s crazy. i’m crazy. everything’s crazy.

jump62359

Dude, that’s the complete opposite to me. I looove everything lavender! There’s a farmer’s market that happens every week the town over and whenever I’m home, I go with my parents all the time. There’s a stand from a local shop and they sell all things lavender and I LOVE it. That’s where I get my lavender sachets to tuck into my microwaveable pillow hehe :)
But the tea was like.. too fragrant. It was like drinking perfume! Loved the sweet rooibos but the lavender didn’t mix.
You’re weird. I’m weird. Everyone’s weird so let’s just go crazy and dance.

Got this as a free sample with an online DAVIDsTEA order. Very nice, the lavender is strong with this one! To the point where it almost felt like a savoury tea rather than a sweet tea. I don’t really know how to describe it. I was expecting a mouth full of flowers but it was quite… dry? I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

The scent is lovely. Lots of berry on the front end with the rose and coolness of lavender trailing behind. The taste took a cup or two to grow on me. It’s taken me a while to build up a palate for more floral tastes, and this one started as a little perfumey for me. I did end up loving it once I was able to parse out the different scents and ingredients and will likely order more. Would also like to try it cold.

I’m a bit of a tea noob, so forgive any ignorance revealed here!

Flavors: Berries, Flowers

I’m loving this tea. All the flavours are there and you know what I get overall? Extra Bubble Gum. Not the Bubblemint but the old fashioned Pink flavoured Bubble Gum. Totally delish.

After trying out other teas from the same place, this has become my favorite after sweet dreams. It reminds me of Pakistan’s amazing drink, ‘Rooh Afza’. love it

Very mellow, the taste lulls me to sleep so I often drink it in the evening. The smell of the unsteeped tea is reminiscent of Ribena crossed with a pharmacy’s perfume aisle, but as soon as the leaves are removed the scent mellows out, and matches the taste.

Went again to David’s tea yesterday. I had to exchange a tea that had begin to smell suspicious 0_o Anyway… you don’t go to the tea shop without buying tea eh? So I picked new samples: Berry good puer’h, Pineapple oolong, Ceylon star and, of course, Rooibos de provence.
I never had the idea to buy that tea because it didn’t seem attracting to me. I like to try teas that catch my attention, this one wasn’t one of them. But well, I like to drink a rooibos or an herbal tea before I go to bed – I sometimes have sleeping issues and those helps – and I already have so many kinds. I wanted to try a new one, so I picked this one. Why not? It has fruits in it after all – may taste good.
Verdict: Yeah, not bad at all! It tasted a bit like golden raisins. I’m glad I decided to try it after all :)
Would I buy again? I may not run to the store when I’m out of it because it’s not special to me, but I could eventually restock in the future!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

just looking at the ingredients, I didn’t think I would like it. I thought it would be way too rosy for my liking, but it was really great! It was only slightly rosy, and it tasted very strongly of rooibos, which I like. There was also a very strong lavender aroma and taste which was lovely and goes great with the rooibos base.

I would definitely recommend this tea to almost anyone, especially if you want to relax or sleep, or both :)