Rooibos de Provence

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Black Currant, Blueberry, Lavender, Red Currant, Rooibos, Rose Hips, Rose Petals
Black Currant, Rooibos, Berries, Floral, Jam, Lavender, Soap, Cinnamon, Honey, Sweet, Fruity, Medicinal, Mint, Perfume, Flowers
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

A little rustic glamour
The scent of lavender never fails to evoke the south of France, with its fabulous mix of tiny villages and celebrity-filled beaches and yachts. So imagine yourself in Aix or St-Tropez, leisurely sipping on this smooth blend of rooibos, rosehip, black currants, rose leaves, lavender, raisins, red currants, rose petals and dried blueberries. It’s filled with sophistication and antioxidants.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Another sample — love rooibos! This one is quite currant-y. Yummy.

Flavors: Black Currant, Rooibos

I got this sample from David’s when I placed an order! (I love how they give samples with every order!!)

I wouldn’t have thought to try this tea. I don’t think I would have purchased any in store after smelling it either. Since this was a sample though, I had to give it a try!

My initial reaction is that it smells like soap. I think it’s the combination of lavender and blueberry. I love lavender in tea! But not with berries. Once I gave it a try it reconfirmed my initial opinion. Definitely tastes soapy. I really just am not a fan of this. I also get something reminiscent of jam? I’m not too sure what this tastes like.

The only rooibos I’ve tried before this is Alpine Punch from DT (love it!) so I don’t know if its the rooibos thats throwing me off or the berries or what. I’m rambling now, I’m sorry.

To conclude: I will never buy this. I won’t stock up on it or buy a cup to go. Not for me! You might enjoy this if you like more floral, fruity teas.

Flavors: Berries, Floral, Jam, Lavender, Soap

Drinking the last bit of this reminds me how much I love rooibos and berries! Good for the frigid -30C windchill this week. A balanced mix of sweet, cinnamon, and berries that melds into the perfect cup of warmth

Flavors: Berries, Cinnamon, Honey, Sweet

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 7 OZ / 200 ML

There is a distinct robitussin flavor that smacked me in the face at first, but it’s growing on me a little. I steeped it 7 minutes and find it a little weak also. I don’t know that I would order it again, but it’s ok. Not bad.

Flavors: Berries

Day #12 of tea! I wasn’t entirely expecting to like this one, as floral + rooibos? And yet I do, as the fruit in it balances it out. I can definitely taste the rooibos base, and it’s definitely an acquired taste. Not my favourite rooibos blend, but I like it better than some of the other ones I’ve had recently.

This is my go to tea for headaches. I suffer from migraines and I find just one cup and I’m feeling so much better !!! It is such a great tea to enjoy anytime of day. Very soothing and relaxing.

Flavors: Fruity, Lavender

A few weeks ago, I had dinner at my best friend’s house. For dessert, we had lightly sweetened strawberries and blueberries mixed with mint from the garden. It was completely amazing – light, sweet, a really satisfying end to dinner. After smelling this tea’s dry leaf and seeing all the dehydrated berries, I got very exciting, thinking that perhaps I’d found that most wonderful dessert in tea form.

Ha. Hahahaha.

I used up my entire sample to make a pot of this last night. It is overwhelmingly medicinal. Any fruit flavor that might be there just contributes to the medicinal quality, making this tea taste like less repulsive cough syrup. I get what I think is mint as an aftertaste once each sip is finished, which is the best part of this whole tea.

I was so excited for this sample and I’m really disappointed that I broke out my teapot this!

Flavors: Medicinal, Mint

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 591 ML

All I can really say is that this just isn’t my cup of tea. It tastes too much like perfume to me. I really enjoyed the scent, but I just wasn’t into the taste.

Flavors: Black Currant, Floral, Perfume

I will admit that I brewed this from one of those samples that David’s Tea throws you when you order online from them, so I wasn’t precise in measuring the tea, or the water, so much of the problem I have with this tea could be attributed to my own laziness. That said, this tea seems weak to me. It’s just not very robust, although it certainly smells deceptively so. The aroma is delightful, particularly if you like berries. I also love the smell of lavender, so my expectations for this tea were high by the time I took my first sip. And I was sadly disappointed. I just wanted something more from it than what I got. It smells better than it tastes.

I’ve been meaning to try this tea for over a year and I’m glad I’ve finally done it. Nice and rooibos-y with sweetness. I need to try this iced!

Flavors: Berries