Rooibos de Provence

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Black Currant, Blueberry, Lavender, Red Currant, Rooibos, Rose Hips, Rose Petals
Berries, Floral, Jam, Lavender, Soap, Cinnamon, Honey, Sweet, Fruity, Medicinal, Mint, Black Currant, Perfume, Flowers
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

A little rustic glamour
The scent of lavender never fails to evoke the south of France, with its fabulous mix of tiny villages and celebrity-filled beaches and yachts. So imagine yourself in Aix or St-Tropez, leisurely sipping on this smooth blend of rooibos, rosehip, black currants, rose leaves, lavender, raisins, red currants, rose petals and dried blueberries. It’s filled with sophistication and antioxidants.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Drinking the last bit of this reminds me how much I love rooibos and berries! Good for the frigid -30C windchill this week. A balanced mix of sweet, cinnamon, and berries that melds into the perfect cup of warmth

Flavors: Berries, Cinnamon, Honey, Sweet

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 7 OZ / 200 ML

There is a distinct robitussin flavor that smacked me in the face at first, but it’s growing on me a little. I steeped it 7 minutes and find it a little weak also. I don’t know that I would order it again, but it’s ok. Not bad.

Flavors: Berries

Day #12 of tea! I wasn’t entirely expecting to like this one, as floral + rooibos? And yet I do, as the fruit in it balances it out. I can definitely taste the rooibos base, and it’s definitely an acquired taste. Not my favourite rooibos blend, but I like it better than some of the other ones I’ve had recently.

This is my go to tea for headaches. I suffer from migraines and I find just one cup and I’m feeling so much better !!! It is such a great tea to enjoy anytime of day. Very soothing and relaxing.

Flavors: Fruity, Lavender

A few weeks ago, I had dinner at my best friend’s house. For dessert, we had lightly sweetened strawberries and blueberries mixed with mint from the garden. It was completely amazing – light, sweet, a really satisfying end to dinner. After smelling this tea’s dry leaf and seeing all the dehydrated berries, I got very exciting, thinking that perhaps I’d found that most wonderful dessert in tea form.

Ha. Hahahaha.

I used up my entire sample to make a pot of this last night. It is overwhelmingly medicinal. Any fruit flavor that might be there just contributes to the medicinal quality, making this tea taste like less repulsive cough syrup. I get what I think is mint as an aftertaste once each sip is finished, which is the best part of this whole tea.

I was so excited for this sample and I’m really disappointed that I broke out my teapot this!

Flavors: Medicinal, Mint

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 20 OZ / 591 ML

All I can really say is that this just isn’t my cup of tea. It tastes too much like perfume to me. I really enjoyed the scent, but I just wasn’t into the taste.

Flavors: Black Currant, Floral, Perfume

I will admit that I brewed this from one of those samples that David’s Tea throws you when you order online from them, so I wasn’t precise in measuring the tea, or the water, so much of the problem I have with this tea could be attributed to my own laziness. That said, this tea seems weak to me. It’s just not very robust, although it certainly smells deceptively so. The aroma is delightful, particularly if you like berries. I also love the smell of lavender, so my expectations for this tea were high by the time I took my first sip. And I was sadly disappointed. I just wanted something more from it than what I got. It smells better than it tastes.

I’ve been meaning to try this tea for over a year and I’m glad I’ve finally done it. Nice and rooibos-y with sweetness. I need to try this iced!

Flavors: Berries

A sample from MissB. Thank you. :)

So first. Ingredients.

Website:
South African rooibos, rosehip shells, black currants, rose leaves, lavender, red currants, blueberries, natural flavouring*.

Package:
South African rooibos, blueberries, rosehips, rose petals, rose leaves, lavender, raisins, black currants, red currants, artificial blueberry flavouring.

DavidsTea! You need to do better. Which one should I believe? Are there blueberries in there? Rose petals? I have no idea! Thankfully I’m not allergic to anything in either of the ingredient lists, but it doesn’t make me feel like I could trust either of them. I could serve it to a friend and find out about surprise!raspberries, or surprise!strawberries… and honestly it wouldn’t be that much of a surprise. Because this keeps on happening.

Anyways. The tea smells amazing. Yes, like Blueberry Jam or Blue Lagoon. I guess the same blueberry flavour is used in all of them. But since this one is a rooibos, it is a bit woody. Maybe it’s a tiny bit floral, on the end of the sip. IDK. It’s hard to tell, what with all the blueberry.

This is another rooibos I like that isn’t a dessert flavour. Nice and fruity. But would I have room in my cupboard for both Northern Berry from Zen Tea, and this one? Probably not. And I’d probably go with Northern Berry because it has cranberries in it. Mmm, cranberries.

(Sample pack in 16 oz. 1/4 tsp honey.)

Sami Kelsh

This sounds delicious, but Davids, surprise ingredients is silly!

OMGsrsly

It’s terrible. There are some teas with allergens that are either there because of cross-contamination, or because they haven’t updated their ingredients lists. :/

Sipdown! (117)

I got this from shmiracles pretty recently :)

Opened up the pack and… medicine? The blueberry flavouring was kinda overpowering, and the sweet African Rooibos was kinda getting lost with all the other super fruity flavours.
I poured it into my slightly warmish moist mason jar and it kinda just sat there for a while as I was waiting for the kettle to boil and the mediciney smell was definitely going away and I can smell the sweetness of the rooibos! oh happy day :)
It’s steeping and wow. The lavender is coming out like a lot a lot.
The taste of the actual tea is a bit confusing. Love the lavender and I love the rooibos (those are the two most prominent flavours I can taste) but I don’t think that they mix well together. Can’t taste the rose in it, and I’m getting wee bits of the blueberries and currants. Like I said, the lavender is pretty strong in this tea.
It’s okay? I probably won’t finish this cup, but I’ll wash out my mason jar and stick it in the fridge and see how it’ll taste in the morning :)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 5 g 14 OZ / 414 ML
TeaBrat

I can’t imagine I would like this but lavender in tea isn’t that appealing to me.

Memily

Yep, I wanted to like this but the lavender was just a little too much.

jump62359

I tried it iced this morning and the lavender.
Like I love the smell of lavender, but I don’t think it’s a flavour I’d necessarily enjoy drinking.

Shmiracles

wanna know what’s weird? i REALLLY don’t like lavender soap or lavender scented things. i also am generally ‘so over’ rooibos. at least the red one.
i bought this tea for my sister. cuz i like her lots and she likes rose things lots.
… but i’m pretty sure i drink this 10x more often than she does.
it has many things i don’t like in it, i really shouldn’t like it, but i do!! i do!
it’s crazy. i’m crazy. everything’s crazy.

jump62359

Dude, that’s the complete opposite to me. I looove everything lavender! There’s a farmer’s market that happens every week the town over and whenever I’m home, I go with my parents all the time. There’s a stand from a local shop and they sell all things lavender and I LOVE it. That’s where I get my lavender sachets to tuck into my microwaveable pillow hehe :)
But the tea was like.. too fragrant. It was like drinking perfume! Loved the sweet rooibos but the lavender didn’t mix.
You’re weird. I’m weird. Everyone’s weird so let’s just go crazy and dance.