Rooibos de Provence

Rooibos Tea
Artificial Flavouring, Black Currant, Blueberry, Lavender, Red Currant, Rooibos, Rose Hips, Rose Petals
Berries, Floral, Jam, Lavender, Soap, Cinnamon, Honey, Sweet, Fruity, Medicinal, Mint, Black Currant, Perfume, Flowers
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

A little rustic glamour
The scent of lavender never fails to evoke the south of France, with its fabulous mix of tiny villages and celebrity-filled beaches and yachts. So imagine yourself in Aix or St-Tropez, leisurely sipping on this smooth blend of rooibos, rosehip, black currants, rose leaves, lavender, raisins, red currants, rose petals and dried blueberries. It’s filled with sophistication and antioxidants.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Got this as a free sample with an online DAVIDsTEA order. Very nice, the lavender is strong with this one! To the point where it almost felt like a savoury tea rather than a sweet tea. I don’t really know how to describe it. I was expecting a mouth full of flowers but it was quite… dry? I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

The scent is lovely. Lots of berry on the front end with the rose and coolness of lavender trailing behind. The taste took a cup or two to grow on me. It’s taken me a while to build up a palate for more floral tastes, and this one started as a little perfumey for me. I did end up loving it once I was able to parse out the different scents and ingredients and will likely order more. Would also like to try it cold.

I’m a bit of a tea noob, so forgive any ignorance revealed here!

Flavors: Berries, Flowers

I’m loving this tea. All the flavours are there and you know what I get overall? Extra Bubble Gum. Not the Bubblemint but the old fashioned Pink flavoured Bubble Gum. Totally delish.

After trying out other teas from the same place, this has become my favorite after sweet dreams. It reminds me of Pakistan’s amazing drink, ‘Rooh Afza’. love it

Very mellow, the taste lulls me to sleep so I often drink it in the evening. The smell of the unsteeped tea is reminiscent of Ribena crossed with a pharmacy’s perfume aisle, but as soon as the leaves are removed the scent mellows out, and matches the taste.

Went again to David’s tea yesterday. I had to exchange a tea that had begin to smell suspicious 0_o Anyway… you don’t go to the tea shop without buying tea eh? So I picked new samples: Berry good puer’h, Pineapple oolong, Ceylon star and, of course, Rooibos de provence.
I never had the idea to buy that tea because it didn’t seem attracting to me. I like to try teas that catch my attention, this one wasn’t one of them. But well, I like to drink a rooibos or an herbal tea before I go to bed – I sometimes have sleeping issues and those helps – and I already have so many kinds. I wanted to try a new one, so I picked this one. Why not? It has fruits in it after all – may taste good.
Verdict: Yeah, not bad at all! It tasted a bit like golden raisins. I’m glad I decided to try it after all :)
Would I buy again? I may not run to the store when I’m out of it because it’s not special to me, but I could eventually restock in the future!

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more

just looking at the ingredients, I didn’t think I would like it. I thought it would be way too rosy for my liking, but it was really great! It was only slightly rosy, and it tasted very strongly of rooibos, which I like. There was also a very strong lavender aroma and taste which was lovely and goes great with the rooibos base.

I would definitely recommend this tea to almost anyone, especially if you want to relax or sleep, or both :)

Would never have tried this tea if my co-worker didn’t purchase it and make me a cup and boy oh boy, what I’ve been missing. I LOVE this tea. Fragrant with berries and lavendar. Such a wonderful caffeine-free treat!!

Initial impressions- This tea is sweet and a bit savoury all at once. Very relaxing, I think that’s the lavender I’m smelling. With the lavender and rose, and the red backdrop of rooibos, it is also an exceptionally attractive tea.
How I prepared it- 94 degree water with no sweetener for nine minutes. Prepared 1.25 tsp in a cup of water.
First sips- Mellow, sweet flavour. Lavender very prominent. I love this tea! Definitely a buy again!

I’m really not a fan of this one. For some reason, the taste and smell once it is steeped reminds me of olives. I can’t get past that.