Three Wishes Tea

Black Green Blend
Rose, Flowers
Edit tea info Last updated by OMGsrsly

• “A few months back I shared some TARDIS tea with a coffee-loving friend who also happened to be a Doctor Who fan. He was really hesitant about trying "my fancy tea" but I think he was intrigued by...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1812 tasting notes
  • “Finished up this one today. Steeped approximately 3 minutes at 80 degrees (because I remembered there is green tea!) it was quite nice. This is one of those ones that I enjoy, but get annoyed about...” Read full tasting note
    Uniquity 682 tasting notes
  • “We meet again Three Wishes, for one last cup in my stash! This time I went really conservative, 2.5 mins, 175f. Much much better! Very floral, peachy with depth of the black tea. The black tea...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1010 tasting notes
  • “This tea confuses me... It says it is black (Admitedly blended with green) but tastes entirely like a green tea with tasty peach flavoring! Not bad, overall a great green pech tea. But not quite...” Read full tasting note
    Ninavampi 158 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

I wish, I wish, I wish
In old Arabian tales, there was always a genie around ready to grant you three wishes. In comparison, the modern world seems a bit dull. So how do you escape reality? Try this rare tea. Its exotic fragrances of jasmine and rose water will transport you to the time of Ali Baba. Enjoy it chilled, or look into the hot steam and dream of genies.

Ingredients: Chinese green tea, black tea from China, sunflower petals, jasmine blossoms, rose petals, artificial flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Loved this tea. Its hard to explain the flavour profile, its very floral with the flavours of green tea!

I quite enjoyed this tea.
I was looking for something a little more jasmine, but this tea really hits the spot.
I do have to agree with some comments that it might get a bit oversteeped however.

I like this one better when it’s hot. It’s kind of bland when it’s iced

Not a fan.
I had this as a cup of tea in the store. I’m not sure if it was the prep, or the levels of sweetener/lack thereof.. but the jasmine was overpowering and the rose did not help. It quickly turned bitter on me and I could not finish the mug.

I’m hesitant to write this one off alltogether, but at the same time I’m not that inclined for a repeat performance.

I didn’t think much of this tea because I my goal was to finish the list by DAVIDsTEA and this one was one I haven’t tried before. I was pleasantly surprised! The jasmine and rose water made this tea sweet tasting. I enjoyed every sip and kept thinking how amazing it was! It’s definitely a recommend!

Absolutely love this tea! Was one of my first ever from Davids, and you can’t go wrong. Perfect almost every time!

I really like this one.

It’s the perfect balance of tea, floral and fruitiness all in one.
Such an exotic taste without being overly sweet like the fruity teas.

It tastes delicious on its own—in fact, I prefer it plain the best, but it also makes an OK latte (I try to make lattes out of everything).

One of my favourites. I need to keep this in stock at all tim es.

This has been one of my favourite teas since I first tried it. The rose and jasmine mix with the green and black teas to make a perfect refreshing tea that never fails to pick me up.

The green and black is an interesting combination. I thought the black would overpower the green but that wasn’t the case. The floral fragrance is light and delicate. Wouldn’t recommend steeping over 180 degrees though.

Flavors: Rose

I don’t get why DT put 98 degrees as the recommended steeping temp for this, considering the green tea. I did 92 as a compromise but probably would do closer to 85 or so next time.

I mean, if there was a next time, but I don’t think there will be.

I bet this tea would be amazing iced, or even hot for someone who likes fruity teas which apparently I no longer do.

It’s very peachy, it’s kind of hurting my teeth. I also just recently within the last hour realized that I have a mild headache, and I can’t help but associate that with drinking this.

Sooooo, another one for the pile!

Drinking lots of teas I don’t overly care for lately, and it’s sucky.

I find myself unsatisfied.

Courtney

Aw :( When that happens I always go for one of my favourites so I feel better. I know what you mean. When I decide I’m getting through teas and it just seems like one icky one after another it gets tiring.

whatshesaid

Yeah, your last review makes me think a Butiki tea is in the cards next :)

Courtney

YES. Butiki is always so reliable. And the natural flavours help me out after a ton of not so natural flavoured teas. I’m so finicky when it comes to even the tiniest bit of unnaturalness, or god forbid chemical-ness. Shudder.

Courtney

P.S. Butiki is here! That means your swap is ready for the post. :)

whatshesaid

I feel like it’s the “flavoring” in this tea which gave my my headache. Now the smell of the dry leaves is making me cringe.

So you’re right, natural is so nice!

And YAY!! I know I’m going to love them, I’ve got a shopping cart all loaded up and ready to go, I’d be shocked if I decided to take anything out!

Courtney

I remember trying this one when I first discovered David’s and thought I enjoyed it. It only took a few cups before the scent turned my stomach. Ooh, what else do you have in your cart? I wish I lived home or somewhere near other Steepsterites so I could participate in joint orders. One day!

whatshesaid

I agree! Joint orders would be nice.

I loaded up a cart on the MF website and with everything it would be like $205, haha. Not including the customs fees you’re no doubt charged at the door

Somedayyyyy. Sigh.
Those heritage gourmet ones are killer.

However! My Butiki cart has these:

Caramel Vanilla Assam
Hello Sweetie
Taiwanese Wild Mountain Black
Lemon French Macaron
Hattialli Golden Paw Assam

Courtney

Such excellent choices. Sadly I could never get Caramel Vanilla Assam to work for me. I did mix it half with PTA (the base tea), and I much preferred it. Have you tried White Rhino?

whatshesaid

No, I haven’t tried that one, is it good? I could ask for a sample maybe

Courtney

That one is amazing! I love it. LOVE.

whatshesaid

Are you a white tea fan? I haven’t found them to have much flavor on their own for me!

Courtney

Not at all. It’s a white tea, but it’s exactly like a black tea. It’s very sneaky. I think I have enough to send you some in our swap if you’d like?

whatshesaid

I would love to try a cup! I was just reading the description and the reviews, it does sound exceptionally delicious for a white tea

I wish I had something to send you! Gahh

Courtney

Haha, no worries! I really, really do not mind at all.

whatshesaid

You’re the best! I’m going to work on beefing up my collection in a classy way as I figure out what I love and then I will get you back :)

Courtney

Haha sounds good. I’ve been doing the same thing. It’s been ongoing for months. My tastebuds have decided I ultimately prefer higher quality teas, for the most part, which is delightful but also hard on the wallet.

White rhino = yes. Also black lotus is a nice morning tea imo

whatshesaid

Having a certain number of higher quality teas that you KNOW you love sure beats having a crap ton of cheaper, overly flavoured blends that you’re “meh” about!!

Quality over quantity for sure

I like crappy flavoured average blends….that are not David’s tea lol for when I just want to drink tea without thinking about it. Tgn I have my higher quality flavoured and my higher quality straights…and life is good. So good.