Cherry Blossom

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Coconut, Dried Cherries, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Rose Buds, White Tea
Berry, Cherry, Flowers, Metallic, Berries
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Robyn

• “Attempting at a sip down. Attempting being the key word here. This as a cold brew fooled the pants off of me. When I went to take the first sip, I initially thought that this worked way better...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 777 tasting notes
  • “This was one of 10 teas I grabbed at DAVIDs today. I prepped about 5 of the teas to cold brew and made this and Cranberry Pear to drink right away. I am glad I went into the store because the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1932 tasting notes
  • “Haven't had this in a while, but remembered it because I purchased it at the same time as Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble. Floral cherry is a pretty accurate description, IMO. However, yet another tea...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “Uhhhhh Whoops! I left this to cold steep.. umm.. maybe 4 days ago? At least, a week at most. The tumbler got shuffled to the back of the fridge somehow and I completely forgot about it until today...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1045 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

If you’ve been to Japan in the spring, then you know about the cherry blossoms. People gather under the blooming trees to eat, drink and celebrate for days on end. This cherry tea brings you right there. It’s a festival of white Bai Mudan, green Darjeeling, Chinese green teas, dried cherries, coconut and rose petals. Many wish it could last all year long. But alas, come summer, it’s gone.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Main notes for me are Sour Cherry Blasters and roses. There are some muscatel, vegetal, and citrus notes that pop up now and then but they are less defined. The coconut is barely apparent at all, but when it is it’s more akin to an oil or water than coconut shavings.

This isn’t a bad tea, artificial cherry and all, but it has to be steeped with some care. I think I burnt mine the first night and it had a bitter green veggie note midsip (between the rosy cherry and coconut-rose). Luckily the second steep that night came out smoother.

I may have my complaints and I would never add this to the “search and hoard” list, but I wouldn’t pass up a cup either. David’s has me excited about seasons months before their time, so there’s that too (my sense of time is a mess).

OMGsrsly

Just don’t try going outside in just a sundress and sandals. :)

CrowKettle

Almost did that when I saw how blue and sunny it was today. Then it started snowing. :/

OMGsrsly

Oh, you made me laugh. :D

From the Great Canadian TTB.

This one is ok. I have definitely had better cherry blossom teas. This one smells delicious. It smells similar to sakura cherry teas, there is a strong cherry scent. It is tart. The brewed tea tastes like candied almonds and cherries to me. It is quite artificial. Reminds me of what Robitusson tastes like but without the medication/chemical taste.

I decided to try this cold brewed because it is very nice out today. This was actually delicious this way. A little bit tart but it worked well with the cherry and floral taste. I will certainly cold brew this again.

Iced
Indestructible

Haven’t tried it cold yet – thanks for the tip!

Kittenna

I should cold brew this one too! Wasn’t a huge huge fan, so now have 50g left to finish…. this will at least use up another cup!

I think this becoming a crossover tea for me. I am usually really not a fan of anything floral but I really like this! It is floral, but only subtly so. The cherry is the dominant flavour and it works nicely on the white base tea. This is a great, light introduction into the world of floral teas and I am heartily enjoying it!

De

I agree – the floral isn’t nearly as overpowering as it usually is with cherry teas. I was pleasantly surprised – I love cherry but every blend with cherry is laden with rose, hibiscus, or chocolate – all of which I can only take in smaller doses than a cuppa!

mewakeling

I was worried because I am not a huge rose fan, but it is nicely done here!

My first tea of the day thanks to this awful hangover, I simply couldn’t stomach any earlier.

This tea is sweet, floral and fruity with a slight hint of perfume. It’s not uncherry like but is very soft and hard to distinguish, especially compared to the overwhelming perfume taste.

It’s nice but unfortunately nothing special.

Anna

‘Uncherry’ is my favourite word of the day.

Yumm-O!
I was searching around for a tea and was sniffing about and smelled something deliciously sweet. After a few bag sniffs.. I discovered it was this! So I decided now was the perfect time to try it =)
The taste is really nice. Delicate white tea base with hints of vegetal green.. then a lovely, real cherry flavour. I was nervous about trying this tea as I picked up a sencha kyoto cherry rose tea from a shop in Barkerville and it was horrific. I mean bad. I’ve tried brewing it hot and hot-to-cold and it just tastes like cherry cough syrup. Maybe I should just do a straight up cold steep. Who knows….
Either way, for that reason I was really nervous about the cherry flavour of this tea but its really lovely and gentle. I do enjoy this tea quite a bit.

Hmm. Sweet, not unpleasant, but doesn’t rock my boat. I tasted plain, added Sugar in the Raw and tasted again, added half-and-half and tasted again.

Not as delicate as I expected, not as distinctly cherry-flavored, no discernible tea flavor. I will withhold a numerical rating for now — maybe the cherry bits settled in the packet and that’s not why I’m tasting them in this first cup. The packet was very full.

I poked around in the wet leaves left in my infuser and didn’t spot anything except tea leaves and coconut pieces. That tends to bear out my theory that I didn’t get any cherry bits, rose petals, or bits of rosebud in the basket — probably just the aroma absorbed by the leaves.

The dry scent was fruity-floral. That’s sort of what I’m tasting, too. I can tell it isn’t jasmine, but I would be hard-pressed to identify it as rose in the background.

I’ll try this one again and post an update in a day or two.

I’m thrilled this came back! .. I took a little trip to David’s after work today (it was a horrible day.. I got reamed out by a customer for like five mins over the phone, and basically had to go sit in the back and cry for like another ten minutes!). I bought this tea, and the special valentines perfect mug!! .. oh my gosh this tea is so pretty tasting… there aren’t many white teas i’m fond of, but this has the perfect balance of sweet, and floral, it just tastes like spring, and happy! :)

Yvonne

Oh no – I hate horrible customers. :( I’m so glad this tea made you feel better!

Courtney

Oh no :( I may have slipped a wee surprise in the mail for you today. I hadn’t planned on telling you, but since you had a bad day. :)

Aimee Popovacki

oooh, that’s exciting haha! .. yeah.. he apparently called back this morning to apologize lol…at least he had somewhat of a guilty consience.

WOW! This tea is amazing! I got my David’s order today (sans Gold Rush, regrettably), but was delighted with this gem. It’s scent took over the room with a potent cherry/floral combination. It smelled more like green tea at the start, followed by a punch of cherries. The flavor is complex, and follows suit with the scent. David’s has proved to me what a nice complement coconut is. I’m bewildered by the number of blends they add it into, and how different the flavor palette of each is from each other, and yet, it manages to work so nicely without overpowering the delicate blends. Even though this is predominately white with green tea, it has a robust flavor that is just divine! Usually teas with fruit flavor this big I think of as an iced tea (pom power), but this one has such a delicate balance that I can only picture it as a warm, delicious treat.

Well, slap my ass and call me Sally, I was not expecting that. I don’t like cherry as a rule, but I tried some of this anyway, if only to finish up some of the cold brew I made for my wife. A touch of agave and….yum? Wait, really? Yum? I started sipping on it as I was working over a hot stove to make risotto and let me tell you, it hit the spot perfectly. Sweet and cold and fruity and not at all floral.

So, I like a cherry tea. Huh.

Iced
Lynxiebrat

lol. Very few cherry teas I can stand…most of the ones that taste like medicine…blech! I don’t mind floral though.

aisling of tea

This tasted like yummy, yummy candy with the agave.

Fjellrev

I’m glad this worked out for you in the end!

Amariel

I’m worried it will be too floral….I’m extremely floral sensitive.