Cherry Blossom

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Coconut, Dried Cherries, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Rose Buds, White Tea
Berry, Cherry, Flowers, Metallic, Berries
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Robyn

• “Attempting at a sip down. Attempting being the key word here. This as a cold brew fooled the pants off of me. When I went to take the first sip, I initially thought that this worked way better...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 925 tasting notes
  • “This was one of 10 teas I grabbed at DAVIDs today. I prepped about 5 of the teas to cold brew and made this and Cranberry Pear to drink right away. I am glad I went into the store because the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2068 tasting notes
  • “Haven't had this in a while, but remembered it because I purchased it at the same time as Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble. Floral cherry is a pretty accurate description, IMO. However, yet another tea...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2606 tasting notes
  • “Uhhhhh Whoops! I left this to cold steep.. umm.. maybe 4 days ago? At least, a week at most. The tumbler got shuffled to the back of the fridge somehow and I completely forgot about it until today...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1075 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

If you’ve been to Japan in the spring, then you know about the cherry blossoms. People gather under the blooming trees to eat, drink and celebrate for days on end. This cherry tea brings you right there. It’s a festival of white Bai Mudan, green Darjeeling, Chinese green teas, dried cherries, coconut and rose petals. Many wish it could last all year long. But alas, come summer, it’s gone.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I used 1 and 1/2 scoop of dry leaf for my Aquaovo tumbler.

The main flavour that I am getting in the first sip is that of plum-apricot; very sweet and candy-like with no unpleasant sugary after-taste. The taste of the white tea is lost in the background. I was hoping for more of a coconut flavour. Hint of bitterness on the finish but not enough to make it an unpleasant experience.

As it is cools, I am getting a fuller cherry flavour which blooms into the plum-apricot taste. The white tea taste is better able to peek out near the end of the sip. There is a consistent sweetness throughout. Flavour is delicate, maybe bordering on what I would consider to be thin.

After the end of my cup I got a really amazing lingering after taste. It is definitely more cherry-like than the flavour of the actual tea with the mild tartness that I associate with cherries. I am getting way more of the white tea taste too.

This is a lovely tea. Thank you David’s for including this free sample with my order. Visually the tea is very lovely. Take a look at the photograph and imagine the colours looking more vivid. The taste is just sensational—delicate but strong enough that the Cherry taste really does come through. This would make a great offering for guests and a real treat for any occasion. I didn’t slurp it down but drank it delicately.

I was also much more careful than usual about heating and cooling the water, which undoubtedly pays off.

I cold steeped this… I think I prefer it hot though. Floral iced teas are not really my thing. Maybe with some sweetener it would be better?? I mean it wasn’t that bad, it was actually kind of nice, and it went well with the peanut butter toast I was eating for some reason. But yeah I was hoping for more cherry and less blossom.

Iced

It’s hard to find a good cherry-flavoured tea that doesn’t taste either like cough syrup or hibiscus, but this blend manages it surprisingly well. It has a lovely sweet cherry flavour and a hint of floral rose and cherry blossoms. I’m glad they went with a white tea base rather than a grassy green tea like many cherry teas are.

I’ve never tried cherry tea so I don’t have anything to compare it to. However I do like this and I can taste the cherries. I accidently boiled the water first… and it still tastes good :D

Boiling

This is my favourite cherry blossom tea I’ve tried. It’s a delicate and sweet, but not overpowering. It also doesn’t taste like soap, which is what I find other cherry blossom teas to taste like. I emailed Davids Tea asking about when this tea would return and they told me that they won’t be continuing it. I’m really upset about it and I would love to see this tea return.

Taryn

Or maybe I was ill informed and it will be coming back, but regardless I want to have this tea again

potatowedges

Did you see on the site? They’re bringing it back as a runner-up in the Back from the Dead contest!

ehlambert

for a limited time though, I’m totally going to stock up when I get the chance

Julie

It’s on the web site if you want it now!

Oh this is good! Man I was nervous to try this one but now I have nothing to worry about because I think this will be a perminant tea on my shelf. Its so sweet (but not sugary) and so fruity. When I first sniffed the dry leaves it smelled strongly of cherry cough medicine. Once its brewed it has such a nice subtle cherry scent. Tastes real, not like artificial cherries! And ohhhh how it is blended with coconut (my absolute most favourite flavour in the whole entire universe) creates a balance like no other. I want to try this one iced and I hope it will have good results. ThAnK yOu DaViDsTeA! You made my life.

Oh, no. I’m in love with this tea.

It’s bad. I just bought so many kinds of tea and now I want more of this one. I only bought a 20g bag because that was all that was left in the store, but now I got the urge to buy an enormous quantity before it’s all sold out. I don’t think it will last very long. Just like Pumpkin Chai was online for like 24 hours and then disappeared for I don’t know how many more months. Oh, no.

I love cherry. And this tea is very, very cherry, and very creamy too from the coconut, and sweet and nice and perfect. Even the second infusion was great. I want more. Now.

I’m so glad that this one came back as I didn’t get a chance to try it last time it was out!!! I picked up about $3 worth of this and mint to be (which I will be tasting and logging very shortly) on my visit in today. I also had this as a to-go cup. Overall, the dry tea seems to take on a more fruity note with the floral in the background. When steeped, both the aroma and taste highlight the floral notes. I found that the fruit really comes in with a sourness later on in the sip which lingers on for a while. I think this tea is well balanced and that the fruit and the floral really play on each other to enhance the tea. I would compare this to love tea #7. I found that tea also has a strong interplay between fruit and floral. This tea however is much lighter than the love tea (my guess is because it is a white tea vs. a black tea and also because of the chocolate in the love tea)- I think I do prefer Cherry Blossom due to it’s lightness. I will have no problems finishing my sample and will hopefully have time to re-stock before it disappears again! I also want to quickly mention that the longer the tea steeps, the stronger the sourness seems to be so for a more floral cup, I would go for a lighter steep-time and vice-versa.

I’ve heard of Cherry Blossom season in East Asia and about the beautiful festivals. I believe it’s around this time of year so i thought it would be perfect to snag one of these and try it out. As all the other reviews say, GREAT balance. With two or more distinct flavors I think it’s key to get a good balance between them and this tea does so in a great way. Sweet and tarty mixed with a great floral scent, for a split second, you feel like you’re experiencing the Cherry Blossom festival first hand. Loving the balance of flavors and would recommend this tea to everyone to at least try and judge for yourself, especially if you’re a fan of cherry blossom tea. The best one I’ve tried so far.