Cherry Blossom

Green White Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Coconut, Dried Cherries, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Rose Buds, White Tea
Berry, Cherry, Flowers, Metallic, Berries
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by Robyn

• “Attempting at a sip down. Attempting being the key word here. This as a cold brew fooled the pants off of me. When I went to take the first sip, I initially thought that this worked way better...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 826 tasting notes
  • “This was one of 10 teas I grabbed at DAVIDs today. I prepped about 5 of the teas to cold brew and made this and Cranberry Pear to drink right away. I am glad I went into the store because the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 1962 tasting notes
  • “Haven't had this in a while, but remembered it because I purchased it at the same time as Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble. Floral cherry is a pretty accurate description, IMO. However, yet another tea...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2367 tasting notes
  • “Uhhhhh Whoops! I left this to cold steep.. umm.. maybe 4 days ago? At least, a week at most. The tumbler got shuffled to the back of the fridge somehow and I completely forgot about it until today...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1056 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

If you’ve been to Japan in the spring, then you know about the cherry blossoms. People gather under the blooming trees to eat, drink and celebrate for days on end. This cherry tea brings you right there. It’s a festival of white Bai Mudan, green Darjeeling, Chinese green teas, dried cherries, coconut and rose petals. Many wish it could last all year long. But alas, come summer, it’s gone.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The tea before brewing smells very flowery with some currant notes. But when you brew it, the floral aroma doesn’t overpower the tea. I’ll drink it on a sunny day or whenever I feel peaceful.

I got this back in the spring because I love cherry blossoms, I was born in the spring, and after all, even my screen name is “sakura”! That being said, it’s nice, but not mind-blowing. I appreciate the cherry flavor, although there’s not enough of it, but the floral puts me off a bit. Not enough to stop drinking it, I WILL finish what I bought, but most likely won’t get it again. Haven’t tried it iced – only hot – and it’s soothing that way, but based on the general comments, it sounds like a not-so-great idea. I may try it iced once before I finish it.

Flavors: Berry, Cherry, Flowers, Metallic

I had this tea for Valentines day and thought it was a good tea, just one that wasn’t for me. I don’t normally drink white tea and it was my first time trying it. Not one of my absolute favourites, but that might be because I have lit meted experience with white teas.

2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

Shout out to shmiracles for sending this to me! Looks like I’ll get that sipdown after all :)
(116)

A whiff of this and I was all WOW it smells flowery and fruity and… mediciny. Everything cherry or grape flavoured just reminds me of medicine okay.
But that doesn’t stop me! I shall try this tea and see how I like it :)
Oh hello cherries, it’s nice to smell you again.
Oh oh.. cherries are running away now that the tea is steeping longer! Well, I am perfectly okay with that :)

Before, I was a bit hesitant with this tea, but now it’s mellowed out a bit and the cherries aren’t as harsh so that’s what I love :)
The cherries definitely have a bite to it, but it’s nice. I feel like my water may have been a bit too hot because it’s getting to the slight bitterness of the tea, but it’s all good!
The smell from the package wasn’t the most pleasant, but the taste of it is all that matters, and it’s pretty good!

195 °F / 90 °C 4 min, 0 sec 4 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Just by it’s name and associations, I was assuming that this was going to be a very strong, sweet and fruity tea. But I should have thought differently. White teas are never strong and fruity; they always have a very light tea body and very subtle flavors.

And that is exactly what this tea is! It has a fantastic white tea base, with a lovely and mild cherry flavor. There is also a beautiful floral undertone that brings it all together.

This tea is just a wonderful as taking a walk down the suburban streets of japan in the spring, with all the cherry blossom petals falling down on you.

Flavors: Flowers

pretty much EXACTLY what you expect from this tea, cherry with a floral aftertaste. i thoroughly enjoyed it, and didn’t find it cloying at all. the only complaint i might have is that the cherry flavour is a LITTLE on the artificial side, but i think if i were to pour it over ice that would go down a bit.

A very bitter tea. The cherry scent is fooling, because when you take a sip it is most definitly not cherry… it doesn’t taste good hot or cold. At least it’s only a limited edition, right? Also, as it is a white tea, the flavor isn’t too strong (although there really isn’t a flavor)

1. 90C 4min
Smells lovely like a slightly artificial cherry with a soft floral background

This is very in your face floral. It taste’s like flowers, not even like cherry blossoms though a less distinct and more artificial floral taste.
Admittedly though, mine was brewed way too strong! I would either reduce the brew time or put in less tea for next time.
Hiding behind the overt floral is this faint sweet cherry flavor that I think is really delicious.
The cherry actually tastes like real cherries, sweet a little bit tart and really beautiful.

If I could find a way to cut down of the harsh floral over tones and enhance the cherry I would really like this tea.

Also, the added flavors are so long any ‘white tea’ taste is completely lost.

So I let my first cup go cold – and OMG it was delicious! The first sip still is still in your face floral but then it softens into Sweet tart cherry with just a soft gentle floral background. The cherry doesn’t taste at all artificial, really tart and juicy, like a good unsweetened dried cherry.
Maybe this tea is not meant to be hot…
Seriously cold has completely changed my opinion!

I can’t taste the coconut at all, but there seems to be very little in my pouch (I noticed one piece so far).

2. 83C 5min
oops, let the water get too cold, so re-brewed at a very low 83C.

Now I can finally taste the green tea, as a backdrop to the floral taste. The floral notes are vaguely rose.
The cherry is only detectable as a slight aftertaste.

3. Unknown temperature, 6 minutes
Best cup yet. I can really taste the green tea, and now the floral component is just soft and delicate with a hint of cherry.
If every cup was like this i would be a huge fan of this tea!

Conclusion: For a floral tea, this is very nice. It’s not overly artificial and the cherry flavors are delicious. BUT It really is a floral tea, and the white tea component is completely over powered by the other flavors.

When I heard this one was back for a limited time only, I knew I had to try it on my visit today. Admittedly, I’m not a fan of cherries, or cherry flavoured things, but I guess the inclusion of some other ingredients helped to balance out the cherry to a more mild taste that I actually liked! It did smell heavenly while in my cup, so I will definitely give it that. If only it wasn’t so expensive – the only downfall of white teas!

This is not a hit for me! I really wanted to like it.

Bought it on a whim after receiving the Vday email about it. Too bad it tastes like cough medicine for me. :(