Cherry Blossom

Green White Blend
Coconut Chips, Dried Cherries, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Rose Buds, White Tea
Cherry, Rose, Artificial, Floral, Green, Cake, Candy, Plants, Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Sweet, Tart, Berry, Flowers, Metallic, Berries
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “Attempting at a sip down. Attempting being the key word here. This as a cold brew fooled the pants off of me. When I went to take the first sip, I initially thought that this worked way...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1095 tasting notes
  • “This was one of 10 teas I grabbed at DAVIDs today. I prepped about 5 of the teas to cold brew and made this and Cranberry Pear to drink right away. I am glad I went into the store because the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2366 tasting notes
  • “Haven’t had this in a while, but remembered it because I purchased it at the same time as Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble. Floral cherry is a pretty accurate description, Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2931 tasting notes
  • “Uhhhhh Whoops! I left this to cold steep.. umm.. maybe 4 days ago? At least, a week at most. The tumbler got shuffled to the back of the fridge somehow and I completely forgot about it until today...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1120 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

If you’ve been to Japan in the spring, then you know about the cherry blossoms. People gather under the blooming trees to eat, drink and celebrate for days on end. This cherry tea brings you right there. It’s a festival of white Bai Mudan, green Darjeeling, Chinese green teas, dried cherries, coconut and rose petals. And unlike a spring festival, you can enjoy this deliciously fruity tea all year long.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The tea before brewing smells very flowery with some currant notes. But when you brew it, the floral aroma doesn’t overpower the tea. I’ll drink it on a sunny day or whenever I feel peaceful.

Love its cherry taste!

Flavors: Cherry, Rose

There are aspects of this tea that I like and aspects that I don’t. If you over steep, it gets very bitter. Other than the green and white tea flavour, I taste cherry mingling with floral notes. It tastes on the artificial side. I really didn’t get any of the coconut flavour. I did not love this tea but didn’t hate it either. The taste is a tad strange for me. I’ll finish the bag but once it’s done, I won’t be spending my money on any more of it.

Flavors: Artificial, Cherry, Floral, Green

Maddy Barone

I almost got that one. I like white tea, but not green tea. DAVID’s used to have a white tea called Cherry Potion I liked pretty well. I was hoping this one would be like that one…

teapartyfortwo

I’ve never had Cherry Potion so I’m not sure if they’re similar or not. I was disappointed with Cherry Blossom. I was expecting something better. I found that it had an
unpleasant chemical undertone. It’s not so bad that I won’t drink it again but it won’t find its way into my cupboard again once it’s all gone.

THIS is the ultimate delicate feminine tea in my opinion.

I had asked the sales person for her opinion on what I should get as a latte. She said Cherry Blossom makes an awesome latte. I smelled the dry tea, and it smelled quite pleasant. But I had this nagging memory of having ‘cherry’ teas in the past. I remembered them as bitter and overly-floral-perfumey. But regardless I went with the recommendation.

First sip of the latte. OHHH MY – It reminds me of Betty Crocker Cherry Chip cake. I’ll drink cake all day long, thanks.

I was a bit hesitant to buy the tea, only because of the price. I waited and ended up getting it free during a promotion. (Spend $30, get 50g free of any tea)

I’m sitting here sipping it now with a small bit of honey…. Cherry, sweets, cake, roses, light, refreshing…LOVE IT.

Flavors: Cake, Candy, Cherry, Rose

Mmm…sour cherry blasters in a cup! Yes, it tastes rather artificial, but deliciously so. There’s even a certain tartness that gives it that mouth puckering sour feeling. Giving it a chance to cool down brings out the tea and floral notes in this. Love the candy, so I love the tea, but be warned it’s more like eating a bag of gummies than a bag of cherries.

Flavors: Candy, Cherry

I think I over did it with the steeping. I know the water wasn’t overly hot, as I was tending to the munchkin and trying to get him to sleep after the water finished boiling. I steeped for just over three minutes and I’m thinking that was too long. It should have been 2mins I think. It has a hint of bitterness to it.
But it has the floral and a slight bit of cherry flavouring to it. I’m not a huge fan of it, but I’m glad that I got to try it. Personally I don’t fully understand why this tea is so big, but a lot of people love it, so to each their own I guess.

I bought 10g of this without realising it had coconut in it – luckily the coconut chips don’t give me acid reflux! Hooray! And it’s low caffeine, and I need more low caffeine teas in my life.

I’d like this tea a lot more if it didn’t weirdly remind me of bubble gum. Smells HEAVENLY, the taste is almost excellent, but there’s a flavour underneath the other flavours that is exactly like bubblegum. Maybe the artificial cherry flavour is reminding me of a cherry bubble gum I had at some point. It’s kiiiiind of growing on me though. I reach for this tea more than I thought I would after the initial steep… I actually might buy another bag!

yyz

I swear they are obsessive about coconut at David’s it’s in so many of there teas.

Alison

The first thing I say when I talk to their tea guides is that I’m allergic to coconut! And I usually stay away from teas with almonds or walnuts, etc. in them because I’m allergic to peanuts.

Today has been a rough day. I only got about 3 hours of sleep and then tried to make myself a latte only to find that my Tassimo was broken. Also a tree was being cut down on our property so it made trying to take a nap a bit hard.

I brewed this up as an iced tea. I was a bit hesitant because I’d seen reviews about the overpowering artificial cherry flavour but I didn’t experience that. It was very light and floral with delicate cherry notes. I think this tea would be lovely when the magnolia trees blossom in Spring. Of course, I’ll have to go find a magnolia tree to sit under, but I’m sure there’s a park that has them in the city.

Sipdown (120)!

I can never get this one to come up by searching for it; I always have to go searching in my cupboard, which is really frustrating. Now that I have this one sipped down, not gonna miss that small annoyance.

I finished off the last of this sample by cold brewing it! It definitely works as a cold brew; the liquor is a pretty light colour but the flavour certainly isn’t. The cherry is very sweet and borderline candy-like. Reminds me a lot of the sweet, effervescent cherry flavouring used in Camellia Sinensis’ Des Roses et Des Bonbons blend (which, sidenote, isn’t listed on their site anymore – that makes me really sad!). And maybe it’s because I’m associating this blend with theirs but I swear I’m also tasting the faintest little bit of guava too along with the cherry. Really tasty!

And of course, it’s quite floral and rosey as one would expect – but it works so well with the fruit flavouring, and blends quite seamlessly. Additionally, there’s a nice, light but constant cream flavour – I’m thinking likely from the coconut though I don’t taste anything that distinctly reminds me of coconut. If I hadn’t read it in the ingredients list I wouldn’t have guessed it or attributed the cream flavour to it.

So basically; sweet cherries and rose cream. Comes close to perfection.

Though honestly, I’d never stock it in quantity – I know that it’d take a while to go through the leaf since I don’t drink floral teas too often, and even though I don’t taste coconut now I might if the tea wasn’t fresh and it’d turned. It’s a part of the permanent collection though (at least for now) so I wont rule out picking up small sample sizes again since I did really like it.

White tea that I am enjoying but I may not restock