Cherry Blossom

Green White Blend
Coconut Chips, Dried Cherries, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Rose Buds, White Tea
Cherry, Cherry Blossom, Floral, Artificial, Astringent, Coconut, Sugar, Sweet, Medicinal, Rose, Green, Cake, Candy, Plants, Creamy, Fruity, Tart, Berry, Flowers, Metallic, Berries, Plums
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “Attempting at a sip down. Attempting being the key word here. This as a cold brew fooled the pants off of me. When I went to take the first sip, I initially thought that this worked way better as a...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1415 tasting notes
  • “This was one of 10 teas I grabbed at DAVIDs today. I prepped about 5 of the teas to cold brew and made this and Cranberry Pear to drink right away. I am glad I went into the store because the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2582 tasting notes
  • “Haven’t had this in a while, but remembered it because I purchased it at the same time as Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble. Floral cherry is a pretty accurate description, Read full tasting note
    kittenna 3065 tasting notes
  • “Uhhhhh Whoops! I left this to cold steep.. umm.. maybe 4 days ago? At least, a week at most. The tumbler got shuffled to the back of the fridge somehow and I completely forgot about it until today...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1185 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

If you’ve been to Japan in the spring, then you know about the cherry blossoms. People gather under the blooming trees to eat, drink and celebrate for days on end. This cherry tea brings you right there. It’s a festival of white Bai Mudan, green Darjeeling, Chinese green teas, dried cherries, coconut and rose petals. And unlike a spring festival, you can enjoy this deliciously fruity tea all year long.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The tea before brewing smells very flowery with some currant notes. But when you brew it, the floral aroma doesn’t overpower the tea. I’ll drink it on a sunny day or whenever I feel peaceful.

Yuck. I only brewed it 30 seconds because that it how I like my white teas brewed. They taste bitter to me if brewed longer than that. This just tastes like some sort of medicine. I did not finish my cup. Looks pretty though with the dried flowers in it.

I tried this tea both hot (last night) and cold-steeped this morning. It’s not for me. I’m not terribly jazzed about cherry teas to begin with, but this tasted a lot like Luden’s cough drops. I’m glad I only had a sample and didn’t splurge on a bag or two. No bueno.

Flavors: Cherry

Kristal

I didn’t care for this one either :/

apieceofquiche

I’m not crazy about cherry teas to begin with, but I like the idea of cherry and coconut together. I’ve yet to find a cherry tea that I’m over the moon about.

I picked up some of this tea during the Boxing Day sale. I was expecting it to be a more subtle cherry flavour to balance with the white tea, but it is much stronger than that. I can also taste some of the artificial flavouring in this tea, and it is not pleasant. I’ve tried brewing this tea hot and iced, and I find that I enjoy this more as an iced tea.

Overall, this tea is okay, but I don’t think I need to buy more when I run out of it.

Flavors: Cherry, Cherry Blossom, Floral

This tea has a beautiful fruity aroma. It tastes quite good but is a bit sweet.

Flavors: Cherry Blossom

195 °F / 90 °C 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 250 ML

Day 8/24 of 24 days of Tea (almost caught up!)

I’ll be honest – I’m not a big white tea drinker. It only has a little caffeine, and in my opinion if I want caffeine, I’ll have green tea. If not, herbals. I also find it very pricey.

I’m also not big on fruit flavoured tea (other than herbal teas, which of course is technically not tea). Why spent good money on a higher quality tea to just have the taste of cheap fruits? I personally think fruit flavours are best left for herbals.

With that being said, I brewed this up. The tastes I got were mild astringency mixed with the light taste of white tea with the aftertaste of artificial cherry flavor. Not the best, and not for me. The taste isn’t offensive so I’ll use it up, but ultimately I’m glad I tried this in a small amount and didn’t purchase it (which is why I really like the 24 days of tea!).

Flavors: Artificial, Astringent, Cherry

rosebudmelissa

I mostly agree with you regarding white tea, but I do like White Peony/Bai Mu Dan.

Kristal

Are those straight whites or only naturally flavoured?

I have enjoyed Bai Hao Yin Zhen and Jasmine Silver Needles in the past. But as mentioned I’m just not big on whites.

rosebudmelissa

It’s a straight white. I think White Peony is the english translation of the name. I think it’s the only white I try to keep around consistently

Kristal

Ah, good to know! I’ll keep an eye out for different straight whites. Maybe I’ll give them a try sometime…

This is the first tea I’m drinking from the David’s Tea Advent Calendar. It is certainly interesting. It has a sweet note from the cherries and a savory note that I presume comes from the coconut. This tea falls into the category of one I enjoy but am glad I didn’t buy four ounces of. It’s quite interesting in it’s flavor. I used the entire sample in my 16 oz Glass Perfect Tea Maker and I think it is a little less than I would usually use. I am guessing their sample was around two teaspoons worth maybe a little more.

Flavors: Cherry, Coconut

Favorite white tea from DavidsTea… SO GOOD

I think this tea is very yummy! Then again, I’m partial to anything cherry. I’ve had this for a while but this is the first time I’m writing a tasting note for it. The flavor is mild, but the cherry really comes through – almost as much as it does in the scent. I also recently purchased Black Cherry from DavidsTea last weekend, and I can’t wait to try that one and compare! So far, I could see this one becoming a regular on my shelf.

Flavors: Cherry

I first tried this tea back in February (I believe), so I had it hot. Loved it. I tried it again this summer, iced and I wasn’t a fan. I would definitely stick to having it warm, in my opinion. It’s not exactly my go-to tea either, however, but it’s a nice treat. I find it reminiscent of the red/cherry lollipops you get on halloween.

Flavors: Cherry, Sugar, Sweet