Cherry Blossom

Green White Blend
Coconut Chips, Dried Cherries, Green Tea, Natural Flavours, Rose Buds, White Tea
Cherry, Rose, Artificial, Floral, Green, Cake, Candy, Plants, Coconut, Creamy, Fruity, Sweet, Tart, Berry, Flowers, Metallic, Berries
Low
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

2 Images

• “Attempting at a sip down. Attempting being the key word here. This as a cold brew fooled the pants off of me. When I went to take the first sip, I initially thought that this worked way...” Read full tasting note
    fjellrev 1105 tasting notes
  • “This was one of 10 teas I grabbed at DAVIDs today. I prepped about 5 of the teas to cold brew and made this and Cranberry Pear to drink right away. I am glad I went into the store because the...” Read full tasting note
    rachel12610 2368 tasting notes
  • “Haven’t had this in a while, but remembered it because I purchased it at the same time as Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble. Floral cherry is a pretty accurate description, Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2931 tasting notes
  • “Uhhhhh Whoops! I left this to cold steep.. umm.. maybe 4 days ago? At least, a week at most. The tumbler got shuffled to the back of the fridge somehow and I completely forgot about it until today...” Read full tasting note
    awkwardsoul 1120 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

If you’ve been to Japan in the spring, then you know about the cherry blossoms. People gather under the blooming trees to eat, drink and celebrate for days on end. This cherry tea brings you right there. It’s a festival of white Bai Mudan, green Darjeeling, Chinese green teas, dried cherries, coconut and rose petals. And unlike a spring festival, you can enjoy this deliciously fruity tea all year long.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I find this tea repulsive. The smell from the tea in the container was amazing and refreshing, which is the exact opposite of the actual taste of the tea. This tea left a bad plant taste in my mouth. Shout out to megaxpink for punishing me with this tea

Flavors: Plants

200 °F / 93 °C 8 min or more
Megan

Oh HI CHRIS. Maybe if you didn’t steep this tea for 35 whole minutes it wouldn’t have a bad plant taste? Just a thought

Megan

(wishing Steepster had an unlike button)

Chris Coppens

You make a good point, maybe I’ll give this tea another chance some other time

I think it may be the coconut I don’t like in tea. Really dissapointed I don’t like this one and tried to drink it a couple times just to be sure. Im getting a floral, then cherry then coconut flavours, can’t seem to make it work for me! Even followed the recommendation from the lady working at David’s Tea to let the water sit for five minutes before adding the tea so that it’s the proper temperature-ish.

Flavors: Cherry, Coconut, Floral

raven22

I forogt there was coconut in this… Gah. I guess my memory of my cup last year was distorted a little >_>

Nope! Nope nope nope! I smelt it, I cringed, thought “whew boy that’s pretty strong cherry” but figured I’d give it a fair shake. I steeped it, smelt it, and thought… okay. I can work with this. I was wrong. I was hoping for more floral in this, but it was just pure sweet cherry and I couldn’t finish it. Fortunately my mom loves this, so I’ll send it her way. If you like fruity teas, I’m sure this is fantastic, but I just can’t seem to get on board with fruity flavours.

Such a shame, the dry leaf looked so pretty that I was half in love with it for that reason alone.

I got this a a tea-to-go at my local DAVIDsTEA today, as I decided back at the start of the year that I am not allowed to impulse-buy the new teas that come out there unless I try a to-go cup first and can see myself drinking more than 1 cup haha. I have had far too many 25g bags of teas I bought just because they were new, and had a cup and didn’t drink the rest of the bag haha. Not going to happen this year I hope!

So yes, I have been wanting to try this since FOREVER, I missed out last year as it sold out so quickly, so I picked a cup up today. Oh, and btw, I COULD NOT for the life of me find this tea in the database! It didn’t come up searching cherry blossom..not sure what’s up with that. I tried to add it to the database eventually and it finally said there is already a tea called that, and had a link to the page. Weird!

So this tea, I steeped it roughly 3 minutes, not sure what the water temp. was, but the tea was decent so it must have been low enough. The smell was nicely fruity and aromatic. As for the flavor, this is quite tasty! It has very strong fruit notes, some tart floral notes from the cherry and roses, and there is also a creaminess that I was not expecting. It is light and tasty. It also reminds me of strawberry rhubarb parfait by DT a bit, haha not sure as there is no overlap in ingredients, maybe the tart cherry flavor is reminding me of rhubarb?

Overall, this is quite a tasty tea, and it was exactly what I wanted today at the mall. Unrelated note, I found a beautiful dress that has cherry-blossom like flowers on it that I want to buy, but am having trouble justifying. It matched this tea well enough! Maybe I’ll pick up 25g of this tomorrow, with that dress :P it is tasty enough that I could see myself restocking a bit of this for a light, happy spring tea.

Shae

I had the same trouble with the search bar earlier this week! After it happened a couple of times I started looking through the tea companies to be sure my tea wasn’t already there. Hopefully it’s just a temporary glitch.

MissLena

Yeah I saw it has been mentioned in the bug thread, so hoping they get it sorted out soon! :)

Floral and fruity.. The smell is amazing, the tea is nice too. Can get quite strong if over steeped though. Can’t wait to try this one cold as well, which I heard is even better.

Flavors: Cherry, Coconut, Green

195 °F / 90 °C
Chris Coppens

Great review! I hope you’ll let me try it sometime

Okay, has anyone else tried this and been immediately reminded of that pink cherry flavoured Trident gum? I haven’t had it since I was a kid, but one sip of this tea brought me right back to my childhood.

First of all, this tea is beautiful. (http://instagram.com/p/yqOY1IP8CZ/?modal=true).

I also thought it was pretty delicious. The cherry flavour (which appears to be natural due to the presence of dried whole cherries) is very strong. So much so that even though it was a great treat, I’m not sure if I’d choose this tea on a regular basis. However, I could definitely appreciate the light floral notes as well as the slight creaminess added by the coconut. Overall, it’s quite sweet, so I imagine that opinions will vary widely depending on whether you’re a fan of sweet teas and cherries. I can’t say much about the base tea, because the cherry was so overpowering it may just as well have been herbal. I probably would have enjoyed it more with a grassier green tea base, but that’s just me.

I thought it was quite pleasant. Not run-out-and-buy-more pleasant, but I’ll definitely enjoy finishing what’s left of my little heart-shaped tin.

Flavors: Cherry, Coconut, Creamy, Floral, Fruity, Rose, Sweet, Tart

2 min, 15 sec 2 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
EmilyGee

To me, this tastes like melted down cherry candy canes. Except I hate those and love this tea… strange, haha.

M

That is strange! I’m not usually a fan of cherry flavoured things either, actually.

Funnily enough I can’t stand cherry flavoured candy canes but I find this tea, with a bit of sugar tastes just like one melted down in some hot water – and I love it?? Can’t wait until this one is brought back, just finished off my last little bit today :(

I like this tea. It is enjoyable to drink. However, it is not nearly as impressive as I hoped it would be, especially considering how expensive it is! I had high hopes that this does not quite satisfy.
To make matters worse, I constantly over-steep this tea (my fault, not the teas fault)… However, if I want a nice floral tea I think next time I would go with The Glow or something that won’t be so easy to screw up, because this one is alright but didn’t super impress me.

Flavors: Cherry, Coconut, Floral, Rose

I got this back in the spring because I love cherry blossoms, I was born in the spring, and after all, even my screen name is “sakura”! That being said, it’s nice, but not mind-blowing. I appreciate the cherry flavor, although there’s not enough of it, but the floral puts me off a bit. Not enough to stop drinking it, I WILL finish what I bought, but most likely won’t get it again. Haven’t tried it iced – only hot – and it’s soothing that way, but based on the general comments, it sounds like a not-so-great idea. I may try it iced once before I finish it.

Flavors: Berry, Cherry, Flowers, Metallic

I had this tea for Valentines day and thought it was a good tea, just one that wasn’t for me. I don’t normally drink white tea and it was my first time trying it. Not one of my absolute favourites, but that might be because I have lit meted experience with white teas.

2 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML