Dulce & Banana

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Another SIPDOWN! I love this tea and was upset when they discontinued it, but oh well, maybe one day it shall return! I have finally finished up the bit of it *charchar* gave me ages ago. A cozy...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 886 tasting notes
  • “Currently cursing my body because I have a long day upcoming and try as I might, I cannot fall asleep. Figures; I've been sleeping 12-hour nights for the past week. Hopefully those will tide me...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2229 tasting notes
  • “Backlog from last night! *Feel Good 'Tea'*! When I’m practicing good sleep hygiene this is the tisane I have before bed. I don’t know if it actually helps me fall asleep or if it is simply a...” Read full tasting note
    CrowKettle 488 tasting notes
  • “my own special version, which is where i take the chamomile stems and flowers out of the tea. cuz i don’t like chamomile very much and this improves the flavor greatly in my opinion. RIDICULOUS i...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 735 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Sip yourself happy
This dulce de leche inspired tisane is about as good as it gets. It’s delicate and restrained, but has enough body and sweetness to compete with dessert. That’s because this serene herbal mix of chamomile, lemongrass, lavender and rooibos is tricked out with a delicious hint of caramelized banana. What better way to keep you smiling all autumn long?

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 35 of my 101 days of DAVIDsTEA.

There was a rather sweet, floal taste to this tea — sometimes a little cloying, but still enjoyable. However, I found that the chamomile was a little too prominent, and the banana was not as visible as I’d like it. However, the chamomile, nor any of the flavours, rose to an unpleasant level. This is partially because of the fact that it’s an herbal tea — I purposely chose one today because I knew I’d be drinking it on and off for hours.

It was very nice when it cooled to a lukewarm temperature (which is unfortunately the only temperature at which I seemed to be able to drink the tea). I’d like to try more of this at a hotter temperature (ie: before it’s cooled down that much) sometime.

Still, I really wish that for a tea with banana in the name, said flavour was stronger.

I was kinda of disappointed with this, because I can’t taste the banana. It also seemed like there were absolutely none of the little caramelized banana pieces in the bag I got, so I shook up the bag really really well and then found a couple down at the bottom.
I’ve brewed some up now, making sure there was a banana bit in my cup (and after steeping I picked it out of the tea ball and kept it in my cup).
Even still….I still don’t taste the banana!!
It is definitely a nice CHAMOMILE tea but I wish it was more ‘dulce & banana’.

If you ever had caramel banana dessert, you will know that this tea tastes Exactly like it. It has such a sweet smell and it contains all the good stuff for you. Chamomille and lavander to make you relaxed, lemongrass to bring you positiveness, rooibos to make u feel healthy and caramelized banana to sweeten your heart. Happiness in one cup.

190 °F / 87 °C

Backlog. Last night I decided to have some non-caffeine tea from one of the swaps / a traveling box. I was actually thinking of a rooibos blend but then I realized I had this tea from Jennkay and that it’s time to finally try some David’s Tea stuff.

I am usually very wary of herbal teas, especially if they have chamomile in them, because they tend to just taste ODD. There’s this weird cloying bitterness to chamomile sometimes that makes the whole tea rather on the gag-some side. I didn’t seem to mind chamomile in this blend, however, and the whole thing was rather enjoyable and even dessert-like.

I have no idea what dulce de leche tastes like, but I could definitely detect some creaminess in the cup. Not a whole lot of bananas, just a little bit, not sure if enough to justify the name. I am sure my tummy was happy with this concoction and my taste buds did not scream in terror, so it was good.

Thank you for a generous sample of this, Jennkay! I still have at least 2 servings left of this and I see myself craving it some late night.

Just finished supper and will be trying this tea for dessert. Smells delicous….hopes it tastes as good as it smells.

This tea tastes great like a warm banana desert. I would rate it higher but I didn’t realize that it had chamomile(which messes with my breathing so not drinking this again). My friend Amanda I am sure will love this after I give her the rest of the package I have. Yes I will learn to read the labels and not just smell the tea ;-)

Ahh, the name makes me laugh. David’s Tea, what ever happened to your awesome, punny names? Alas, to me, this just tastes like bananas and chamomile, with nary a “dulce” to be found. Not for me.

My low rating is completely personal; I cannot stand banana in teas. I keep trying, and to me, they keep failing. And I swear they give me burps. ;3; Even without that, I don’t find this blend to be particularly appealing; a lot of nice flavours/scents (chamomile, lavender, lemongrass) and then with… “caramalized banana”?! It just doesn’t fly.

That and rooibos take a lot to impress me for some reason. This one is just too sweet, making my throat burn.

I find this tea so good to drink before bed. The chamomile is so settling. I don’t find there to be a strong banana taste though. I love that you see the little flowers in the tea and the name is great!

So this tea basically let me discover that I don’t think I’m a fan of banana in tea.

Basically just tasted like a chamomile tea but had the mediocre taste of banana as a afterthought.I even made it stronger then suggested and it was pleasant enough but boring.