Some Velvet Morning

Green Tea
Dandelion Root, Green Tea, Lemongrass, Natural Flavours, Orange Peel, Organic Schizandra Berry
Edit tea info Last updated by partea

2 Images

For the morning after
We’ve got the detox remedy for your wild night out. This green tea blend contains schizandra berries, which are reputed to protect and heal the liver while boosting energy levels. It also features dandelion root, another traditional remedy for liver damage. Plus there’s a kick of tangerine, lemongrass and orange peel to freshen you up and make the medicine go down easy.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was intrigued by this tea from the get-go. A tea that cures hangovers, thus bridging the gap of evening and morning? Sounded like a match made in heaven. The guy at davids told me that this is a wonderful remedy, being that most of the ingredients are said to have a calming effect. I wish I had discovered this long ago, as I don’t find myself in need of such a miracle as of late.

That being said, I decided to try this as I hopefully kick the last of this cold I’ve had this past week. I have to admit, it’s true to it’s name. Though the flavor palette is mostly citrus and green tea it has hues of deeper flavors. Most importantly, it’s mild and appeasing, and nothing that would rock the boat if your system was in recovery mode. Being that I usually start my mornings with flavored black teas, this is a welcome change-up. I could see it doing wonders in a more fragile state. I can’t wait to test it out next time after I go out.

The description of this tea seemed like it would be one I would love… well how wrong was I. This tea.. tastes terrible. So disappointed. Tangerines I believed should taste like oranges right? Well it is supposed to taste of tangerines, orange peel, and lemongrass like which is all citrus. I doesn’t taste anything like it, something more of lemon, but herbal and bitter? and gingery? I can’t describe it, but it tastes like medicine. I think those berries inside taste really funky too. Anyways I’m pretty sure this isn’t the best hangover cure, I certainly wouldn’t use it as such! (Drink water and eat some vitamins I would advise, works best I find)

aisling of tea

My wife tried some of this once, it smells like fruit loops!

I just bought 50 g of this…Hope I like it more than you! : )

now that you mention it… it does smell a bit like fruit loops, just more herbal. Maybe it’s just me, I’ll try this again another day!

I read the description of this and thought “hmm…” and then I went to the store to smell it and went “huh.” After all the humming and haahing, I decided to try it.

It smells very different from how it tastes. I actually love the taste of it. It has a slight bitterness to it, but somehow, it works! The tea is a bit herbally, like a tisane. It does taste “healthy”, but I feel like this is the healthy tea that’s everything The Skinny should have been. And I also feel like you either like one or the other (between this and The Skinny).

Let’s just say, I didn’t like the Skinny, so I found this to be delightful.

Can’t remember what you did last night? Is your head killing you? Does your mouth taste fuzzy? Is your stomach staging a rebellion? Well, then this is the tea for you. It doesn’t go down easily (it is quite bitter and not particularly good tasting) but it will definitely help you get rid of your hangover, and quickly! Although I hate the taste, I’ll definitely be repurchasing this one because of that fact that it really does help hangovers.

yesss this one makes up for ‘detox’, it tastes way less medicinal, much better.
this will be my go-to detox tea for now i think!
it’s pretty light, with some nice clean flavours.

So I stopped by the mall today and of course had to stop by my favourite store! I have been feeling off for a couple of days now and figured that if this is meant to be drank after a “wild night out” this should definitely do the trick for me! As I expected from a mixture of such strong ingredients, the flavour was quite potent and was comparable to tangerine dream and detox mixed together. There were strong citrus notes (both in the initial taste and after taste) however these were not too overpowering and the tea did seem to go down pretty smoothly. It didn’t taste like medicine but it definitely gave me the boost I needed. I can’t see myself craving this tea like I do with other ones but it certainly was refreshing and was a nice change. I probably won’t be picking up a large amount of this but maybe 15g to keep on hand for when I need it (just like I do for Cold 911, Gail’s Organic Cold Remedy and Le Digestif).

woke up feeling very groggy with a headache. this works for my hangovers so why not for my history-paper-overs

It was a fairly nice tea to detox with, especially since I can’t find any stinkin’ Detox.

Had it iced with a little agave. Not my favourite of the greens, but not unpleasant.

I love this tea. It’s one of my favourites from DavidsTea that I’ve tried so far :)

Love the green tea flavour, light, not overbearing. The finish is a little bitter, but in a pleasant way, if that makes any sense, probably from the dandelion in it. I also love the orange and the tangerine. It balances out the bitterness and gives the tea a really refreshing “feel”.

I steep the tea in water that is probably a little too hot for a green, but it doesn’t seem to negatively impact the final product in any obvious way. At least, not in any way my relatively-new-to-tea palate can detect :p

Overall, a really nice tea. A great tea for starting off your day. :)

Picked up 10 grams of this tea just to try out- I’ve had my eye on it for some time, and I’m glad I gave it a try. It’s a nice green tea with a mild citrus taste. Reminds me of Cold Zing :)

Flavors: Citrus