Oh Canada!

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Caramel, Green Rooibos, Honey Bush Leaves, Rooibos, Toffee
Maple Syrup, Caramel, Maple, Toffee, Butter, Pancake Syrup, Wood, Autumn Leaf Pile, Vanilla, Marshmallow, Marzipan
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s all about the leaf

Looking for a taste of Canada? Try this red rooibos tea. It’s sweetened with (what else?) maple syrup and sprinkled with delicious maple leaf candies. Plus it’s 100% diplomatic (well, caffeine-free) and tastes great in both our official languages. With green rooibos, honeybush, caramel and toffee bits to shake things up. A truly authentic Canadian experience.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, honeybush, caramel bits, toffee bits, candy leaves, artificial and natural flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and tree nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh Canada! Oh the incredible aroma! I’ve been having this often recently! I like it a lot a lot a lot! However it’s time to share now: Mini-Contest Time :)

- Rules
To win: You must comment on this tealog the answer to this question : What is the wildest name of tea you’ve ever heard of? Could be funny, strange,creative, or just plain CLEVER!
You may enter many times, as long as you post them on seperate comments. NO LIMIT
I will close this one tomorrow morning and hope to get it out to ya tomorrow!

Prize :
The winner will win a little sample from my Oh Canada tin I love so much :)
It’s good stuff I’m telling you :D!

Good Luck, Follow me for more mini contests like this one in the future.

-JonTea

Cofftea

I’ve always thought Get Lost! (from Republic of tea) was quite rude, kinda makes me wanna b!t{h slap the tea.

Rabs

Zombie Blood Orange (from Adagio via Think Geek)

Cofftea

And then there’s always Pu Erh (especially if you pronounce it Pooh-AIR instead of Pooh- Err)- points for accurate naming and weird name:)

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Great contest…I plan on naming a bunch may the best man or woman win. :-)

Here goes…“Me Sooo Horney Tea Blues” By, Woodie B. Adagio Signature Blend

2. Can’t sleep Clowns Will Eat Me By, Elenore Justice Adagio Signature Blend

AmazonV

“dragon balls” i think it’s hysterical

LissaMarie

Hahah! I’m with you there, AmazonV! :)

LissaMarie

Ahhh Taste My Hot Sticky Buns! (Adagio Signature Blend)

AmazonV

Camel’s Breath Pu-erh Tuocha (Chicago Tea Garden)

JonTea

And the winner is…………..
AmazonV with the tea: Dragon Balls. hahah could mean anything :P Made me laugh, This was a fun contest, looking forward to more of these in the future.
Please PM me your addy so I could get the sample from my tin of Oh Canada out to you.

TeaEqualsBliss

Congrats AmazonV!!!! She’s just winning all sorts of things!

Rabs

LOL — what a great contest! Congratulations AmazonV :) and thanks to all who made me laugh with their responses!

malomorgen

oh AmazonV you opened a whole new scenery in my mind with that comment :D not sure if i should thank you lol

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Way to go AmazonV you totally deserve this win…when I saw your entry I almost spit my tea out. :-)

AmazonV

lol, thanks everyone and especially Jon :) that tea name always makes me giggle, so many different things it could be, ever need a good laugh go read all the tasting notes :) barely anyone can keep a straight face when reviewing them

__Morgana__

Man, what a bad day to be out of commission. This sounded fun!

I was recently given 2oz of this tea from my Reddit coffee and tea exchange partner which beats the 10g sample I had in my cupboard. So it’s time to use this sample and see if I like this tea since I now have so much of it. :)

Holy kitty …. it smells just like maple syrup when it’s steeped. The rooibos is not detectable in the scent (thankfully). Wow I’m so surprised as the raw tea was not this potent.

It tastes like maple syrup too. I have a family friend that lives in Canada and when my mum visited a couple of years ago she bought me back a bottle of real Canadian maple syrup so I do have the basis for comparison. It’s sweet with dark sticky tones and a mellow smoothness. The rooibos base works very well.

Leaving this one short as I just found out my best friend has a brain tumour. Just got off the phone with her, been waiting for the news for a while but didn’t expect this. Shall review this properly when I can think straight.

yyz

hoping for the best and that it’s benign.

Bonnie

I’m sorry about your friend. I hope that this is an operable kind since I do have friends that have had successful surgeries.

Alphakitty

So sorry about your friend, sending good thoughts your way

Lala

Sending well wishes!

Oh my goodness. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you.

Terri HarpLady

Sorry to hear this scary news! Hopefully it will all turn out ok. Sending good vibes for you & your friend.

Charisma

I’m so sorry to to hear that :( HUGS

Nicole

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it will be okay in the end.

Josie Jade

Sorry to hear about your friend, sending many well wishes your way!

canadianadia

sending hugs and prayers to you and your friend

I have a craving for maple… oh, this will work :D

Boiling

1966 tasting notes

Sipdown!! (155)

I really loved this when I first had it and then I fell out of love with it. In an attempt to use up the leaf fast, I cold brewed it. Surprisingly, I really started enjoying it again when done this way. Today, I have both a cold and hot brew and though both are good I think I prefer drinking it cold. However, now it is gone and I don’t know how quickly I will be restocking it after going through over 60 g of it.

Vwinsloe

You know, I find that if I try to drink this when it is too hot, it is almost flavorless. Then as it cools in the cup, the aroma and the flavor develop.

2067 tasting notes

Success!

It’s 11:45 (and I started logging at like nine) and I’m finally on the teas that I had today! That’s maybe a little sad? Although I did take a break at some point to make supper, and watch a couple short youtube videos. But still.

Today is Canada Day; technically, for 15 more minutes… I went to DT this morning to finally pick up the carnival blends I wanted to try, get the new tea of the month, restock some things, and get the new glow in the dark perfect mug because teaware! I also picked this one up as a latte To Go because it’s fucking Canada Day and I’m gonna celebrate in my own way!

It was decent; rooibos pretty much didn’t come through at all so no complaints there. I got notes of maple and marshmallow and I enjoyed sipping on it which walking to the bus terminals downtown. From the terminals things got fucked though; recently Saskatoon (like, two days ago recently) changed all their bus routes and I haven’t learned the new ones yet because I don’t bus places often.

I was able to take my normal route to the mall, but apparently my route home is different now and I didn’t think to look it up before leaving. Thankfully I had plans to see Tyrell when I got home anyway, so he just (super sweetly) came and picked me up from downtown. Fuck the new routes though; I mean, yeah I’ll have to learn them eventually but damn. I hate change. And I don’t want to be that person who relies on their boyfriend to chauffeur them around. Nope.

But this was my haul today:

- Oh Canada! Latte “To Go”
- 70g Refill of Movie Night in tin
- 70g Refill of Root Beer Float in tin
- 24g Cherry Snowcone
- 24g Caramel Corn
- 24g Cotton Candy
- 24g Magic Dragon (A new dragonfruit tea!!!)
- The new Soda Shop Glow in the Dark Perfect Mug!!!

So yeah, good tea day!

Flavors: Maple Syrup, Marshmallow, Marzipan

VariaTEA

Ooooh I love the Soda Shop mug

Roswell Strange

Next thing I’m writing is my review on it :)

Wait? There’s a glow in the dark mug? :O
Also that’s a great haul!!!

VariaTEA

Cavo, the red mug with all the drinks on it is glow in the dark.

Cavocorax

Hahah. So ridiculous and awesome.

Spencer

Hmm, might have to give this one another try. The local shop had some made in a tea pop, and I was far less than impressed. When I commented that it tasted like maple, the salesperson (one of my least favorite people at this location) immediately shot back a “No, it has toffee in it.” Ummm…’kay?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Dear Steepster,
I messed up terribly. Especially with money. Because of tea, most likely. Okay, for sure. So I need to ignore you for a long, long time. Badly.

If we’ve started talking a swap, we’ll still complete it. I’ll still be here for the tea boxes, those I for sure can’t ignore or leave. I missed a credit card payment. Twice. I barely have money as is because I don’t work, and I also just messed up school and at this point I don’t even know if I can keep going, which is an even bigger problem for money.

I’m working on applying to stuff, it’s kind of hard when you have an ear infection.

update if you were interested in buying tea Anyway, all the tea I had to swap, I put it here to sell: I figure it makes more sense than an auction first (thanks for the idea CJ). http://twominutesforbaking.net/2013/05/21/tea-for-sale/ I’ll be home all day so I can keep an eye on it and I’ll go now to look through the rest of my stuff so it’s all posted there.

Also if you ever wanted to buy stuff from my etsy shop I’d really appreciate it right now.

So after feeling like a total miserable fool I thought I needed something sweet, something I’ve loved, yet I’ve ignored in the midst of all this tea. I can’t believe how long it’s been since this one has seen the outside of the cabinet.

In that time though I have come to dislike rooibos a bit. Ok, a lot. While it smells good in the bag, brewed up it has the rooibos scent of taste bud death. I think it’s lost that mapley goodness. Though I do have some maple granules I could add to bring it back. I don’t have much of this left so that will do.

So that’s about it, I’ll miss you, but I need to get off the path of self-destruction.

xoxo,
momo

Angrboda

hugs you I hope you manage to get it all sorted out in the end.

Ysaurella

Amanda I hope everything to be fine soon. You’ll miss us too !

Dinosara

Aw, sorry to hear you won’t be around so much, and I hope things start working themselves out for you soon.

Shmiracles

so sad to hear. project new life 2013 commence!

Chelle

I understand how being here feeds our tea addiction. I hope your hiatus is short and things work out quickly for you!

silvermage2000

I am sorry to hear things are going rough for you. I hope things get fixed soon.

Tea and Trees

We’ll miss you! Can you give me a link to your Etsy shop?

Cavocorax

Teas and Trees: She has it posted on the right under her bio!

Momo: :( I hope you come back soon, but I understand why you feel leaving for a bit may be for the best.

momo

Yes, on my profile but here it is to make it easier to see also: http://blackbearlaboratory.etsy.com

I have to say though staying away from Steepster and not looking at anything involving tea does not make me want DT’s summer collection any less. Wahhhh.

TheTeaFairy

Miss you already, Momo… hope things will come around for you. I applaud you for having the courage to face this issue of yours. You’re on the right track and your fellow Steepsterites are supporting you :-)

mmmm…maple syrup. Quite a tasty rooibos, which is saying a lot coming from the picky rooibos girl. To me, rooibos is like that vegetable that you don’t quite dislike, nor do you quite like, so you always try just a little. For me its brussel sprouts, I feel like I’m on the cusp of liking them, but I’m not quite there yet. I’m not sure if that’s a relatable comparison, or if I’m way off in left field.

This rooibos kind of reminds me of something I tried from Della Terra Teas…Autumn Leaves, perhaps? I’m pretty sure I was surprised at how much I didn’t mind that one either

Holy maple! Wow. The scent of this one is POTENT, both dry and steeped. Delicious. I brewed it up last night and the mug has been sitting in my room all day, and it smells absolutely lovely.

I find it difficult to believe this tea has no calories – it is SO rich and delicious! So mapley. So sweet. I can taste the rooibos, but it isn’t taking over, so I can deal with it. This one’s another for the supersweet dessert tea pile. Will have to compare this to Birthday Cake – I think I prefer Oh Canada due to the lack of weird sprinkles though.

ETA: Second infusion is pretty good. Predictably less mapley, but enough remains to make me happy. Downside? I’m not sure what happened, but my little teabag thinger opened in the mug, so there were rooibos sticks EVERYWHERE in the mug that I had to drink around. Annoying… and that’s why I used the teabag in the first place… to prevent that…

Boiling 8 min or more
Indigobloom

brave girl!! I’ve only re-steeped rooibos a few times, with varying results.
Have you tried the Maple tea from Second cup? It’s so similar!! more maple like I think. and a bit astringent

Kittenna

I figured it was worth a shot – it still smelled super potent! I haven’t tried Second Cup’s Maple tea – I tend not to buy tea out as I always feel ripped off :P But I might keep it in mind for the next time I feel like treating myself at work (there’s a Scup in a building near mine).

Ptkelo

Oh Canada and Birthday cake are very very similar in taste. Birthday Cake has 10 calories per cup though. So Oh Canada wins most of the time. Unless you want to have an unbirthday party (or, I guess. a regular birthday party)

Indigobloom

the maple thing is limited at SC, I learned that the hard way with another of their teas I loved lol
Between birthday cake and maple tea… I’m not sure which one I’d choose!

Honeybush and rooibos normally send me a-runnin’, but I thought I’d give this a chance since I happened to really enjoy Birthday Cake. Some reviewers have sung high praises of this one and even said that they prefer this one. Really! So another exception, I must make.

The picture is showing tiny cubes of caramel. I don’t think I got any in my ten grams. Granted, what are the odds when you buy that little. I have a feeling the caramel plays a pivotal role here.

Why? Because dry, this doesn’t smell nearly as rich and maple-y as Birthday Cake. This is further reflected in the taste. I don’t get nearly as much maple or creaminess as I do in Birthday Cake either. A very small hint of maple, but for me, the honeybush is overpowering the silky maple.

I added milk, which placed a damper on the honeybush, but not enough. The maple is still weak. But it’s not as bad as other rooibos and honeybush blends I’ve experienced in the past.

Honeybush, rooibos, and I were just not meant to be together.

OMGsrsly

Are you interested in trying a super mapley black tea? :)

Fjellrev

I’m always up for that! :D

OMGsrsly

Ok! I’ll add some to your bag. :)

Fjellrev

Thank you! And remember, if there’s ever anything in my (albeit bare) cupboard that sparks your interest, just give me a shout and I’ll make a note of bringing whatever out next time I’m in Vancouver.

So I love my rooibos teas oversteeped (especially this one) so I put this tea directly into my timolino and attached the mesh infuser and now I’m just drinking out the top so I don’t end up drinking all the rooibos.
Dude wait. I could have just put it into the mesh and drank out of the timolino itself! I just thought of that now wow.

But class hasn’t started yet and someone exclaimed “It smells like brown sugar!!”
And I’m just.. yeah that’s me.
TEA.