Oh Canada!

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Caramel, Green Rooibos, Honey Bush Leaves, Rooibos, Toffee
Maple Syrup, Caramel, Maple, Toffee, Butter, Pancake Syrup, Wood, Autumn Leaf Pile, Vanilla, Marshmallow, Marzipan
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s all about the leaf

Looking for a taste of Canada? Try this red rooibos tea. It’s sweetened with (what else?) maple syrup and sprinkled with delicious maple leaf candies. Plus it’s 100% diplomatic (well, caffeine-free) and tastes great in both our official languages. With green rooibos, honeybush, caramel and toffee bits to shake things up. A truly authentic Canadian experience.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, honeybush, caramel bits, toffee bits, candy leaves, artificial and natural flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and tree nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Thanks Ozli!

So this is full of maple because Canada is the land of maple syrup, but it’s rooibos because… we like to go to bed early so we wake up all sugary and sweet and thankyouing and so-sorrying?

It’s probably the best maple tea I’ve had though!

Ozli

SUPER mapley! The little tin survived the post okay?

Cavocorax

It did! It’s so cute too!
(I just lost my entire stitch thing again. Arrrgh. More tea to the rescue?)

Ozli

Fiber arts are an intense past-time >:( tea is prob a good choice.

Aren’t they ADORABLE? Are they the same minis you have?

Cavocorax

No, these are: http://www.davidstea.com/tiny-tins s for the best.

Oh Taryn! Heaping, great, grand hugs to you for sending me such a generous sample of this wondrous tea. Oh Canada is everything I’ve ever wanted every maple tea I’ve ever tried to be. It’s mapletastic! I’m making up words tonight, or this morning, because I’m sick and quite possibly delusional. My questionable mental state aside, I’m so enjoying this super good tea.

Ashley Bain

I’ve been searching for a good maple tea! I can eat maple syrup by itself – the REAL stuff that is. I will have to put this on my shopping list.

Cattibrie

Isn’t this the greatest Maple Tea? It smells wonderful and tastes even better.

MaddHatter

Exactly! When I tried it at DAVIDs they called it “the Sunday Pancake tea” and they were NOT lying!!

DaisyChubb

This will def be the next tea on my list to try!

Jenn

Yes! Oh Canada is on my shopping list too. I really do adore all things maple :)

I tried to like rooibos but have decided that it isn’t something I want or reach for even when it is in fun flavours like this. I had a bit left in my cupboard that I wasn’t drinking and when I saw reviews recommending cold brewing, decided to give it a try.

Well, it turned out better than I expected. None of that overly woody rooibos taste and mainly a sweet mapley refreshing drink. I probably have enough to make another batch this way and that is how I’ll use up the rest – much better than hot in my opinion.

VariaTEA

Yay! I am glad you liked it cold brewed! Roswell Strange was the one who brought it to my attention and that is how I have been enjoying this tea ever since :)

caile

I saw both you and Roswell Strange drinking it this way and am glad I tried it also! It turned out good! :)

VariaTEA

I was pleasantly surprised by it. I did not expect it to be bad but I also didn’t expect it to be as tasty as it was.

caile

haha, I know!

Got a sample of this from Krystaleyn although I think I sent a PM to Indigobloom thanking her for it lol Im SO CONFUSED!!!! Anyway so Im not the biggest DavidsTea fan but this one was nice. I can’t say it was excellent as a TEA but then it is a rooibos I suppose. I guess I just am not a huge rooibos fan. Unless I want something sweet and yummy and this IS sweet and it IS yummy!
I just really wish I had more decaf TEA in my stash for nighttime but I wanted something warm and soothing and sweet last night pretty late so this was my pick from my sample pile. The one thing I dislike most about DavidsTeas is the scum on the top of the tea from the flavor oils I suppose. This had that. Eweeee but the flavor was excellent!
Thank you Krystaleyn!

Kittenna

I definitely sent some to you :) I’m also not the biggest rooibos fan, it seems, but it’s nice sometimes.

Azzrian

Yeah it was from you LOL Sorry about that girl :)

sipdown of Oh Canada

I will miss you Oh Canada and your strong maple flavor! I made the last of my tea as a latte with honey. Super maple!
Oh, I ran out of honey and asked my husband to buy some. He came home with 5lb container of it!

Mercuryhime

Costco? :) I had that jug of that much honey once. It got all crystallized a third way through. Eventually, I had to cut the jug open and scoop out the honey to use like a spread. Sealed it between uses with plastic wrap and a rubber band. :D

Awkward Soul / Oolong Owl

he got it from Ralphs, a large grocery store chain. I was surprised a typical grocery store would sell a bulk thing of honey!

Faith

Sounds like something my husband would do! Haha, gotta love ’em, eh?

Steep Information:
Amount: ~ 1.5 tsp
Water: 8 ounces hot water spigot
Tool: make your own paper teabag
Steep Time: a little over 5 minutes (using Steep.It)
Served: Hot

Tasting Notes:
Dry Leaf Smell: maple! sweet maple sugar, wood
Steeped Tea Smell: sweet maple, wood
Flavor: wood, sweet, warm
Body: Medium
Aftertaste: maple
Liquor: light translucent orange red

I won this in JonTea’s first mini contest!
What is the wildest name of tea you’ve ever heard of?
My Answer: Dragon Balls

Post-Steep Additives: 1 packet sugar
brings out the maple more

It’s yummy and sweet and soothing. I loved the little maple leaf candies. I’m not bowled over by it though.

Images: http://amazonv.blogspot.com/2010/06/davids-tea-loose-leaf-rooibos-and.html

JonTea

Couldn’t agree more with the sweet soothing smell and taste of maple! I seemed to be more fond of it than you were but isn’t the smell so amazing. Like its so accurate to maple syrup :D

AmazonV

Yes, warm maple syrup, makes me want pancakes

Rabs

Dragon balls! I still randomly giggle about that one :) I also have to say that today’s Select cracks me up too since Harney & Sons went with the more “eloquent” globes instead of balls. And then of course I think of Dragon Balls again. ::giggle::

Jillian

Oh gad, you wouldn’t believe the ‘ball’ jokes that were bandied around when Adagio’s Black Dragon Pearl tea first came out. ;D

I’m relieved this doesn’t taste as strongly as the aroma from the dry leaves suggests. I think I would have exploded from a sweetness overload! Even though it’s turned down a notch, this cup of rooibos seems to ooze maple syrup. I’m surprised the liquid doesn’t leave a sticky sluggish residue in my mug- the flavour is that vivid.

I feel like I should have a side of pancakes with this tea; this syrupy condiment needs something to accompany it. I wonder if this could be incorporated into some kind of recipe. The toffee flavour also reminds me of those delicious maple toffee pops. Oh, I want one of those so badly now!! Delicious syrupy snow toffee… maybe I can pretend to eat you if I ice this rooibos blend?

It’s lovely how the natural sweetness of the rooibos and honeybush pair to create such a distinct maple flavour. The rooibos is noticeable but blends soundly with the sugary additions of toffee and caramel.

I have a handful of teas I like to drink with Hazelnut Bailey’s and this is one of them. Alternatively, it’s good with some kind of milk as it helps cut back some of the overwhelming sweetness, and there is no doubt that this tea is very sweet. There’s a touch of saltiness to it too, almost like salted caramel, but it isn’t a dominant flavour. This is perfect for a cold winter evening but not something I would be able to handle all the time.

Now I know where to go if I ever feel the urge to down container of maple syrup.

Ozli

Huh, this sounds super intriguing to me! I had a maple black tea lately and it didn’t have nearly enough flavour – maybe if we mixed the two :P

CrowKettle

If your missing syrup flavour this can only be your friend. I think a black base would do wonders by cutting back on the sweetness too. Good idea :)

Another sample from Bonnie!

I absolutely LOVE how creative DAVIDsTEA’s are. Pumpkin chai had little pumpkin sprinkles in it, this has little maple leaf sprinkles, another one Bonnie sent me has little candy cane sprinkles. And the flavors they come up with are so fun and playful. I love it.

This was no exception. As I said, there are little maple leaf sprinkles in the leaves, and it smells strongly of maple. What I like about it the most though-it’s not OVERLY maple-y. I live in Vermont, so trust me: I consume a LOT of maple syrup. And as much as I like it, I don’t want to drink it. I really like that this tea helps me out with that.

Yet another thing I like about it-it tastes like REAL maple syrup. Again, I live in Vermont. I know the difference between Mrs. Buttersworth and Premium Grade A. And this tastes like Premium Grade A. It’s sweet but not gag-you sweet, and it tastes very genuine.

I reallllllly like this tea. I think it’s my favorite I’ve tried from DAVIDsTEA yet. For the third time now, I’m from Vermont, so it’s hard to please me with a maple flavored product. But this is really good to me, and I will DEFINITELY repurchase it.

Thank you again Bonnie and thank you on a lesser scale to DAVIDsTEA for making a nice and smooth maple tea.

You are very welcome!

Bonnie

Oh, hope you don’t mind the commercial, but I’m looking for someone to swap tea with me from our small world if anyone is up for it. I only did this for 1 tea before.

Ian

I’m willing! What are you looking for?

Bonnie

I don’t want to take your tea….you don’t have an income…I want to rob other people but thanks Ian!

Kittenna

I’m contemplating swapping with people at some point but I really only have teas from DavidsTea! Plus some Tazo, but yeah… Also sorry for thread hijacking _

Bonnie

It’s ok…love DavidsTea.Check discussion board for my new swap post offer too.

This was one of the two teas of the day for today, and when I stopped in this morning, this was the only one they had ready, so I snagged two tumblers of it. You see, when the iced tea promotion started, it was a day when the office was wretchedly home 30-40 degrees C, and I had forgotten any kind of drink at home. So when I went on a tea run, I bought two of the iced tea promo tumblers to get me through the day. Now I keep them at the office. I’ve almost made friends with a couple of my coworkers and let them know that they’re welcome to use them as long as they wash them when they’re done, so these suckers have seen a lot of mileage already, and they’re not even a week old!

Anyhoo, I had this without any kind of sweetner and it wasn’t bad! I did find myself craving something sweet in it, but that’s okay. It was still a cup full of mapley goodness on its own. Definitely one I would return to.

TassieTeaGirl

If you really want to over-maple your brain, use maple syrup as your sweetener. Obviously a occasional treat, but soo good! Best in winter with a hot cup of Oh Canada.