Oh Canada!

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Caramel, Green Rooibos, Honey Bush Leaves, Rooibos, Toffee
Maple, Pancake Syrup, Sugar, Sweet, Wood, Maple Syrup, Caramel, Toffee, Butter, Autumn Leaf Pile, Vanilla, Marshmallow, Marzipan
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s all about the leaf

Looking for a taste of Canada? Try this red rooibos tea. It’s sweetened with (what else?) maple syrup and sprinkled with delicious maple leaf candies. Plus it’s 100% diplomatic (well, caffeine-free) and tastes great in both our official languages. With green rooibos, honeybush, caramel and toffee bits to shake things up. A truly authentic Canadian experience.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, honeybush, caramel bits, toffee bits, candy leaves, artificial and natural flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and tree nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I like this tea! It’s so warm and maple-y flavoured. I enjoy the toffee flavours coming out and I love that it’s got some green rooibos base to it. Maybe I’m crazy or alone in feeling this way, but I love me some green rooibos and I feel it isn’t capitalized the way it should!

Anyway, I love it. And I know this is probably terrible to say… but I seriously think that this would taste really good with milk! I dunno, but it sounds good to me.. maybe next time… :)

softrevolution

I never understand the taboo about putting milk in tea. I say if it tastes good, just do it! I’ve been known to sneak some in my dessert rooibos on occasion haha.

TheKesser

I don’t mind adding milk to black teas. I find most of the time I can’t seem to drink black without milk, but otherwise, I don’t usually. I dunno… I’m gonna try this with milk next time. i think it’d be good :)

softrevolution

Yum, it would probably taste like one of those maple sugar candies with the added creaminess

gmathis

Mmmm. I haven’t had one of those maple sugar candies in ages!

Yummy! A friend gave me some of this to try, and it really does taste like maple syrup. The color is quite pretty as well, and I like watching the cute little maple sprinkles :)

Bonnie

If you ever have some Lapsang Souchong Tea add a pinch and some Applewood Salt (pinch) to your Oh Canada and wow it’s like you got some maple on your bacon at breakfast. Yummy!

Rebecca Lynn

That…sounds…awesome!

Kittenna

Bonnie – since I now have both Oh Canada, and some Lapsang Souchong mixes in my cupboard, I think I might try this! Don’t have applewood salt though, sigh.

Bonnie

Just try a little lapsang Souchong to start …a big pinch for 24oz pot of tea is what I tried first until you find what you like. You can always add more.

Ok, back to reviewing my David’s Tea Samples…Maybe about 1 a week? Hmm maybe that’ll help me in maintaining not buying any tea til March/April? LOL.

On the plus side: I have found a tea that that doesn’t have that Graham Cracker taste. (Well a slight undertone.) But covering that is a strong maple syrup taste. Now if your expecting/wanting a heavy syrup taste: Do not get this tea! But if your looking for the sweetness of syrup but none of the sticky heavy mess, definitely buy it. That being said…though I don’t mind the idea of finishing this, I doubt I will buy this tea. I couldn’t really say what turned me off from it….the temp suggestion is 208, and so I usually just go for the boiling and most 208 teas taste ok/good with that, but I think next time I will try the 200 setting. I am not counting on the taste really improving though. Ahh well:)

So, I put two and a bit perfect spoonfuls of this into my steeper. Filled it with water. added some sugar. And set it down on a spoon or something.
After I was done cleaning an entire pot of this off my counter, cleaning my steeper out (it had been long enough that all the naughty things had dissolved and ended up on the counter. A resteep would have been just rooibos. I filled it again, set it down and let it steep. Blended it about 3/5 tea, 2/5 hot vanilla almond milk. AMAZING. Added a sizable lump of brown sugar. (cuz in my house brown sugar comes in rock hard lumps)

I was very surprised by this tea
I got it in one of two sampler packs from David’stea a couple days ago and this probably the best one so far
Im not a big fan of hot teas on hot mornings so I brewed it up as an iced latte and boy o boy was it ever good
It’s a nice roobois and the maple syrup really brings out the sweetness in it but I still added a little bit of agave but that may just be personal preference
In all a Sickkkk tea I would buy and recommend to everyone

This tea is the very essence of everything stereotypical about Canada…. in the best ways. This smells and tastes like the liquid form of pancake breakfasts in Calgary during the Stampede. It’s thick without being heavy and lovely right after waking up in the morning. The after taste is distinctly of maple syrup. The best part about this tea is that while it sounds like it would be overwhelming sweet, it’s not at all. It’s just the right side of warm and sugary. The perfect tea to send out into the world to represent the loveliness of Canada.

Irene Adler

IS THIS A HINT. IS THIS WHAT YOU GOT ME? I’M ON TO YOU

j

I KNOW SHE GOT ME THIS ONE SO MAYBE???? I WANT CANADA TEA IN MY MOUTH.

Backlogging (so, based almost entirely on my notes)

Experience buying from @Ashley: I bought this tea from Ashley when she was selling all of her tea. I received the tea quickly through the mail and my package was filled with many surprises. Thank you Ashley!

Appearance and aroma of dry leaf: Decorative: tiny colorful candy-like stars mixed in with rooibos; very aromatic, very good!

Brewing guidelines: I used a metal basket strainer inside a ceramic 16 oz. cup, such that I put a lid over the top to keep the heat in. Cup was warmed before steeping. Stevia added.
…………….1st: two minutes off boiling (heated cup); 2’
…………….2nd: near boiling (heated); 4’
…………….3rd: boiling (heated); 6’
…………….4th: boiling (heated); 10’

Flavor: Great! It had good flavor right through the forth steeping.

Overall: I have very few notes about this tea, but I do remember really liking the taste and the aroma. I would be happy to try this tea again!

Oh. My. Sweet. Freaking. Awesome. This is fantastic, and you need to get some now. (DAVIDsTEA just made shipping to the US cheaper, so all the more reason to do so.) The wee maple leaf candies are a visua treat as you open up the bag and survey the terrain of deliciousness. The sweet, cozy aroma of maple and toasted marshmallow swirled around me as soon as I had torn the heat seal on the bag…then POW. Yum. It was very, very difficult to wait until this cooled off to drink, but it’s good practice to delay gratification. And the taste: smooth, nice earthy rooibos, and then a big soft mapley-toasted marshmallowy finish that caresses your whole mouth and throat. It quite literally makes me want to sing. My favorite teas have finishes that last for long stretches between sips, like Teavana’s Honeybush Vanilla and Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls. And you know what? This is my new favorite tea. Man, if this isn’t the tastiest rooibos I’ve ever had…and I love rooibos.

I expected to love this tea. I wanted to love it!! and… I love Canada… but well, I do not love this tea, though not for lack of it being well put together.
It does taste like maple syrup, and not in an overwhelming way but that, and rooibos is about all I get out of it. I find the creme brule much more satisfying somehow. Lighter and less abrasive in the back of my throat. It’s almost like drinking maple syrup! only diluted, about ten times.
Oh well!

Jessie

Yeah, I’ve been liking this one with some form of milk lately. I think it balances it out a bit better than plain.

aisling of tea

You are a terrible Canadian. You must leave Canada now. (joking, obviously)

Indigobloom

Jessie: I was wondering about how it’d taste with milk! but I dunno if it’s worth spending more money just to find out…
Ladykittykat: I know right?! sheesh, good thing there’s nobody auditing this stuff. I’ll make up for it by watching some hockey or being really polite I swear :P

This is a resteep I made in my teapot last night. Sadly, I fell asleep before I got to drink my tea. On the bright side, the leaves steeped overnight and I’m actually getting more maple flavor this time! This is really sweet and smooth and I’m loving that I can FINALLY taste the maple!

Boiling 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML