Oh Canada!

Honeybush Rooibos Blend
Artificial Flavouring, Caramel, Green Rooibos, Honey Bush Leaves, Rooibos, Toffee
Caramel, Maple, Maple Syrup, Toffee, Butter, Pancake Syrup, Wood, Autumn Leaf Pile, Vanilla, Marshmallow, Marzipan
Decaffeinated
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

From DAVIDsTEA

It’s all about the leaf

Looking for a taste of Canada? Try this red rooibos tea. It’s sweetened with (what else?) maple syrup and sprinkled with delicious maple leaf candies. Plus it’s 100% diplomatic (well, caffeine-free) and tastes great in both our official languages. With green rooibos, honeybush, caramel and toffee bits to shake things up. A truly authentic Canadian experience.

Ingredients: South African green and red rooibos, honeybush, caramel bits, toffee bits, candy leaves, artificial and natural flavouring*.

Allergens: Soy, dairy and tree nuts

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Oh, maple, how nice you smell! I can’t have anything maple without thinking of waffles/ pancakes. I do have another maple tea, but it’s black. This has a great flavour as well. Nice creamy, and sweet. Reminds me of these candies I like, or maybe fudge. (Now I must have it with waffles.)

I’m not a huge fan of maple, but I ended up with 100g of this. I steeped to the half-way point (I don’t love maple but I also hate bland tea), and added two drops of milk. It tastes like a maple dip from THortons, I’m actually liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Still don’t know if I would drink it all of the time, though.

This is a lovely nighttime tea. I’m still iffy about rooibos teas, but this one is a good one. It’s soothing and warm and caffeine-free… perfect for before bed. Good night!

I just had to get this tea when I saw the name because i do live in Canada. Yay Canada. I love the maple in this tea. I live near a sugar bush so every time i drink this tea, it makes me more excited for the maple season.

This is the first tea I tried from the array of samples sent to me by DaisyChubb. I haven’t had a good history with rooibus, but this one was alright. It tastes very maple-y and sweet. I kept thinking I should be having pancakes outdoors with a hot cup of this. The little maple sprinkles were really cute! I like it. Of course there’s still that rooibus (medicinal) flavor that I’m not in love with, but maybe we’ll get there one day. Things are looking up!
Nothing beats real tea, but this rooibus is really pleasant!

Thank you for sending this DaisyChubb. :)

DaisyChubb

Glad you enjoyed it!! This one is one of my favorite rooibos blends I think, simply because the maple flavour almost drowns out the rooibos flavour haha

First time trying this tea and my first impression is it smells like campfire with a hint of maple behind it. Loose in the bag it looks very cute with the little maple leafs. once steeped it takes on the color of maple syrup which is kind of neat and the smells is increased 10 fold! the taste is pleasant, I might add some sugar to this as it’s not as sweet as expected but believe it or not i can feel the maple syrup in the back of my throat! All around good tea, I guess I do like Rooibos tea after all! I don think i would but a whole 100g tin of this but I might spring for another bag come sugar shack time and sweeten it with real maple syrup!

Received this in a swap from tattooed_tea.

The maple scent is very strong both before and after brewing, but is surprisingly less prominent in the taste. The flavor tastes very natural and is not overly sweet. This is a good option for anyone looking for a maple tea that doesn’t taste like you’re drinking syrup straight from the tree.

Steeped a second time for 10 minutes, and the results were equally as delicious.

Overall, I found this to be very similar to Della Terra’s Autumn Leaves, but not as sweet.

Tea to go today, and good thing. It smells good, amazing even, but tastes too rooibos-y for my liking. It’s not bad. I even had it unsweetened, with only some milk, and it was sweet enough (barely) for me. If I had to cut out all the caffeine in tea, I might go for this one, but I’d probably reach for Alpine Punch or Amaretto first.

A very lovely (Canadian) friend of mine sent me this tea a while ago. I’ll be staying with her for two months next year, and this little taste of tea I had with me just made me keen as a bean for my travels.

Of course, the first thing about this tea is the smell. It’s like hot maple syrup when it’s steeping, and I’m glad there is no obvious undercurrent of rooibos tea. It has definite notes of flavour, caramel, a little spice, something softer and sweeter towards the end. But it is a very sweet tea, I would advise anyone to drink it black, with no milk.

If you’re new to rooibos tea like I am, this is a wonderful tea to start with. The little coloured maple leaf candies in the mix are so cute, and so quintessentially Canadian. I love this tea, and it’s made a very welcome addition to my cupboard.

I’m in love with this tea. Iced or hot. Whenever. However. So much maple and sweetness, but not too sweet. It’s just perfect! <3