Vanilla Oolong

Oolong Tea
Butter
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “This is truly one of my favorite teas, even more so when chilled. This is the other pitcher of tea I made for the inlaw invasion, but it wasn't cool in time. Still, by the end of the night, it had...” Read full tasting note
    ladykittykat 1235 tasting notes
  • “Enjoying a big cup of this thanks to *Robyn*! The aroma is deliciously vanilla-y and creamy, and the flavour closely matches, with a lovely vanilla aftertaste, although there's almost a bit of a...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2246 tasting notes
  • “You know, I'm so overwhelmed by samples that I totally forgot I had a whole bunch of them from DAVIDs! I got one of the sampler packs in the cute little tins, I forget which one but it has an...” Read full tasting note
    Alphakitty 470 tasting notes
  • “Brought this one to my Shakespearean Acting class today. We're all sitting at the table, and my professor pauses in his lecture, looks at me and goes "Is that wine?" The class turns to stare at...” Read full tasting note
    michellefeda 318 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Discover the power of vanilla and oolong, with a little hint of orange. It’s temptingly rich. We’ve used Pouchong tea leaves, the least oxidized of oolongs. Which means that it’s almost as high in antioxidants as green tea. A lucky thing, because this tea is really quite addictive. Who would have thought that something this smooth and creamy could be so healthy?

Ingredients: Taiwanese pouchong oolong tea, green tea, lemon myrtle, marigolds.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I guess this is the time of Vanilla because there has been so much tea coming out or waiting to be reviewed that uses the hell out of this most sexy of ingredients.

Dry this Oolong smells sweet,creamy and with a tiny kiss of orange to tie it all together nicely.I can’t get over how sweet this smells it’s really decadent and rich like a pudding or mousse.

Once brewed the Oolong comes out on top but the base stays ridiculously smooth and creamy.I cannot wait to try you!The liquor lies golden in my mug.

As for taste..it taste like it smells..creamy,sweet and smooth ..almost seems to have a milk like base and I think this would make an unbelievable latte if ONLY I knew how!

It’s lovely and light and just the thing for a lonely mid afternoon..at your desk.

It’s basically a non-latte latte..if that makes any sense.

This drink is perfect for : Oolong lovers,Vanilla lovers and lazy latte lovers that want similar taste with little to no effort.It is also for people who want a superb latte and are damn good at making them.Also perfect for people who want to get into not sweetening their tea since this one needs no such thing.KEEP ALL SWEETENETS AWAY..it’s perfectly sweet on it’s own.
This drink is not for people who don’t like milky tastes and aren’t fans of vanilla or Oolong however it may be a game changer for people just beginning experimenting with Oolong since it’s so light and flavorful and full of potential.

I have a lot of this ..not sure if I will buy more..but for right now this drink is perfect.

Reminds me of :cream,lattes,vanilla pudding,spring time,lovely velvet draped casually across across a couch,soft music,white flowers,bars of gold and sweet light kisses.

This was more a favourite of the other half’s when we were in Canada last year. He had this iced almost every time we went to a DT, so I got 50g and bought it home. Think there’s only about a cupful left now, should probably finish this one! Its sweet and soft and ices really well. Hits the spot on a hot day.

Oh my. THIS IS A GREAT OOLONG TEA!
What a great vanilla, sweet, smooth smell!
With the smell being so amazing, it does not let you down.
The great flavour of the oolong tea blends in perfectly with the vanilla aroma and hinting taste. Strong alcohol type smell, mixed with the vanilla when steeped.
I would absolutely recommend this tea! I have it in the morning, and it starts the day off perfectly!

Go and get this now, if you love vanilla.
Put a lil bit of sugar in it, and it is a ROLLER COASTER RIDE.
Well, not quite, but it is AMAZING.

Holy Vanilla Batman. I am not sure how to rate this because it is still too hot to drink but the smell and flavour of vanilla is almost overpowering. I think this will make a great drink in the winter. For some reason I crave and enjoy vanilla in the winter.

I will give this an actual rating later. Right now I am glad I only got 10g of this one.

Edit. second steep was much better. Really enjoyed this tea without being smacked upside the head with vanilla. Not sure how to fix that except to make hubby drink the first steeping and I can have the better second/third ones.

Ashley Bain

I would love to be smacked upside the head with vanilla – this may be the tea I’ve been looking for. LOL

Cattibrie

Definately the tea for you then. Hubby said the whole bedroom smelled of vanilla while I was drinking it.

This was… not what I expected.
I highly suspect that if I brewed this at home in my tea master, that my experience would be very different.
The add of sugar can either make or break a tea for me… and I did add a little too much agave, it slipped out of the bottle faster than I anticipated. That seemed to bring out the vanilla a whole lot more than I wanted and made the liquid feel thick. The vanilla was just slightly overpowering.
Behind that though, there was a nutty aspect to it, and a slightly sour aftertaste the way I find some vanilla type products can be, creating an odd “astringent” finish. It was sortof a french vanilla, very heavy with something creamy about it
It was a good, solid tea, but it lacked that double “mmmmm” factor for me which makes me want another sip… heck, another pot!
Vanilla was never my “thing” but I do like it for a change now and again. I’m glad I didn’t buy any of this like I was considering.
Oh, and I hear that this one has little resteepability. What’s that all about?!

Wow, this smells amazing. To me it smells like vanilla ice cream. A friend smelled it and said it smelled fruity and sure enough, when I looked at the label, it said it contained orange.

Really interesting tea. The first pot I had was smooth vanilla (steeped 4 mins) and the second was a nice citrus-y oolong.

Made for me in the new DavidsTea store in St. John’s. I did not see how much tea they used.

YUCK.

Maybe the water was too hot. All I got was burnt leaf, fake vanilla and something distantly sharp and bitter. If the vanilla flavouring had been a little less metallic (yes, metallic) I might have brought some home and made it myself. But this one was a real disappointment for me.

nataliem

I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels the same about this tea.

So this day 23 tea was nice. Not bad and not great, just a good glass of tea. I steeped the first cup perfectly and enjoyed it. It was a soothing and different taste from what I have. I am still pretty new to oolong, and want to try more. way better than the skinny. It was light and enjoyable. Just have to be careful not to oversteep or it gets too bitter.

TheTeaFairy

their new vanilla orchid oolong is so much better!

Calla

good to know :) I will have to check it out :)

I am in love with this tea. I love the taste of vanilla and it was perfect in this. The oolong leaves and the vanilla are paired well together. The vanilla is not overpowering, but I would have liked a little more taste. I steeped this tea twice and both were very good. I usually go with a 5 minute steep for oolong, but depending on what the leaves like I sometimes let it steep for longer until the leaves are completely un-folded.

Boiling

I still have a little bit of this from the advent calendar.
This is nice and buttery and smooth. I taste more of the orange than the vanilla though. Being vanilla, I thought it would be a little sweeter than it is. It is still a good tea, just not really what I was expecting.
I put about a quarter of a cup in the fridge to chill, and cold, this has a strange taste. This is the first oolong I have tried cold. Not really a fan.
2nd steep: 95degrees, 7 min, for once I like the first steeping of an oolong better. It has certainly lost the vanilla taste.