Coffee Pu'erh

Pu-erh Tea
Coffee, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cocoa, Creamy, Earth, Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Nuts, Roasted, Almond, Cream, Hay
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I had the last of this in my to go mug this morning. Goodbye, delicious coffee pu’erh, I hardly knew ye. Ok, so I actually knew it almost every morning for the last week. I love this stuff,...” Read full tasting note
    hammaryn 148 tasting notes
  • “This stuff is absolutely divine. But this is coming from somebody who drank coffee before she drank tea. I now prefer the latter over the former but that’s not what this review is about...” Read full tasting note
    Kinsa 97 tasting notes
  • “Eeek! I forgot all about my reaction to this one last time and ordered it again, only this time as a latte. Hey if I’m limiting myself to one hot tea per week I might as well splurge a tad,...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1459 tasting notes
  • “Okay, so, I have never had a pu’erh tea before. I’m a reformed coffee drinker (3 cups a day) and I am still a little out of my element here. Completely happy and joyful about exploring...” Read full tasting note
    graceatblb 92 tasting notes

Ancient avant-garde

Pu’erh has come a long way since its heyday as a tribute tea to Chinese emperors a thousand years back. It’s still got that legendary taste, but the new “cooked” varieties are really something special. Our blend helps mark this milestone by combining pu’erh with coffee beans, chocolate, caramel and almond flavour. Even your coffee-addict friends will go crazy for it. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Chinese cooked pu’erh tea, coffee beans, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I am addicted to this tea! I used to be an avid coffee drinker but was finding myself getting bored with my daily cup so I thought I would try some more teas. I was initially quite scared to try a Pu’erh tea as I have seen some comments mentioning rotting fish. I was pleasantly surprised when I brewed this and and detected only a slight oceanic scent. This does have a slight earthyness along with a subtle chocolate-coffee flavour I just cant get enough of. This coupled with the fact that I cannot detect any bitterness in this tea it makes for a very drinkable cup.

5 min, 0 sec 1 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Ha! That’s it! I always tend to oversteep my teas. This time I’ve tried this again for no more than 4 minutes and that’s the key! The pu’erh earthy taste is very subtle now, I mostly get coffee and a hint of vanilla, much much better!

Flavors: Coffee, Vanilla

Hahaha, I used to do that too, and once I realized it, there was such an incredible difference.

Yes, I thought black teas were quite forgiving with steeping times but not this one apparently… Now it tastes a lot more like a coffee crisp :)

I was craving something rich and coffee-like today so I opted to get a hot up of Coffee Pu’erh. This tea smells amazing as a dry leaf and when brewed. It is definitely related to coffee but made more gentle by the smooth, earthy pu erh, instead of coffee’s usual acidity. Chocolate is present throughout the flavors, perhaps even more strongly than the coffee flavor. This is an example of a blend that tastes sweet in a rich way instead of just a candy-like way, and I enjoy it much more than the usual sugar-inspired blends at Davids Teas. I took this tea without sugar or milk, and let it steep a little long. I bet as a late this is amazing. This satisfied my coffee/late cravings without sugar, acidity, and lighter on the caffeine. This might become a new staple for me as a way to drink less coffee. Every bit as satisfying in mouthfeel, taste, and smell.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffee, Creamy, Earth

A rich and robust tea that bring together the sweetness of chocolate, the assertiveness of coffee tied together with a warm, creamy caramel.

It’s aroma is strong and appetizing with very strong coffee notes, understandable given the whole coffee beans blended into this tea. Brewing is beautiful, starting as a red-gold diffusion and slowly darkening to a deep and powerful black.

Powerful and earthy, this tea is filled with sweet chocolate, strong coffee and a balance of caramel and nuts. Great for morning starts and to fuel all-nighters. This high-octane, medium caffeine drink has great taste for people who love strong, assertive flavours.

Flavors: Caramel, Coffee, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Nuts, Roasted

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

On our lovely vacation in Canada, I headed to David’s tea dragging my grandmother behind me. (not literally, folks) This was one of the teas I purchased as it had caught my attention a long time ago. Also, it smelled really good. Like a coffee shop. This afternoon I brewed it up. I’m sooo glad I bought this. It has a lighter coffee taste than just straight coffee but with a “black” tea taste. By this way, this is my first pu’erh. (I’m new to tea and have a small allowance so purchasing loose tea is not a frequent habit) The claim of caramel, chocolate, and almond notes are subtle. I did resteep this at the same temperature but for 6 or 7 minutes. It was just as good. Now I want to try oolong tea and white. Alas, I have none.

Flavors: Almond, Coffee, Dark Chocolate

So, I don’t hate this and I was completely prepared to. I am SHOCKED. I am a complete coffee hater. I don’t even like chocolates with a coffee filling or coffee ice cream. I actually really like the smell of coffee and even the start of the coffee taste, but that bitter aftertaste always gets me. This tea magically has a bit of the aroma and the taste without any of the aftertaste. It tastes like all the things I like about mocha without that terrible bitterness at the end. I’m getting through this whole cup and it’s not a struggle at all. Would I buy this again? Probably not. But I am glad that I tried it, thanks to Virginia! I won’t rate this since I am not a coffee fan.

So my mother’s day bouquet is rapidly declining now and I think I might go buy another bouquet this weekend because I just love having fresh flowers on the table. So beautiful.

This smells delicious. Mostly salty caramel and coffee. Mmm. I did underleaf it a bit so it is somewhat watery today but I still love that it gives me all the satisfying coffee taste minus the yuck of it. Don’t get me wrong, I love good coffee, but sometimes the aftertaste of it just bothers me now. Caramel, coffee, malt and earth are coming out to play and we’re having a blast. Absolutely no bitterness. Yums

My first flavored pu’erh. I wasn’t sure how/if it would work, but it’s pretty good!

This tea is too strong for me, but my fiance loves it!

This tea just isn’t my thing. I don’t like the mixture of coffee and tea together I guess. I finished the cup, but not without some difficulty.