Coffee Pu'erh

Pu-erh Tea
Coffee, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cocoa, Creamy, Earth, Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Nuts, Roasted, Almond, Cream, Hay
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I had the last of this in my to go mug this morning. Goodbye, delicious coffee pu’erh, I hardly knew ye. Ok, so I actually knew it almost every morning for the last week. I love...” Read full tasting note
    hammaryn 148 tasting notes
  • “This stuff is absolutely divine. But this is coming from somebody who drank coffee before she drank tea. I now prefer the latter over the former but that’s not what this review is about...” Read full tasting note
    Kinsa 97 tasting notes
  • “Eeek! I forgot all about my reaction to this one last time and ordered it again, only this time as a latte. Hey if I’m limiting myself to one hot tea per week I might as well splurge a tad,...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1392 tasting notes
  • “Okay, so, I have never had a pu’erh tea before. I’m a reformed coffee drinker (3 cups a day) and I am still a little out of my element here. Completely happy and joyful about exploring...” Read full tasting note
    graceatblb 92 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ancient avant-garde

Pu’erh has come a long way since its heyday as a tribute tea to Chinese emperors a thousand years back. It’s still got that legendary taste, but the new “cooked” varieties are really something special. Our blend helps mark this milestone by combining pu’erh with coffee beans, chocolate, caramel and almond flavour. Even your coffee-addict friends will go crazy for it. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Chinese cooked pu’erh tea, coffee beans, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I was craving something rich and coffee-like today so I opted to get a hot up of Coffee Pu’erh. This tea smells amazing as a dry leaf and when brewed. It is definitely related to coffee but made more gentle by the smooth, earthy pu erh, instead of coffee’s usual acidity. Chocolate is present throughout the flavors, perhaps even more strongly than the coffee flavor. This is an example of a blend that tastes sweet in a rich way instead of just a candy-like way, and I enjoy it much more than the usual sugar-inspired blends at Davids Teas. I took this tea without sugar or milk, and let it steep a little long. I bet as a late this is amazing. This satisfied my coffee/late cravings without sugar, acidity, and lighter on the caffeine. This might become a new staple for me as a way to drink less coffee. Every bit as satisfying in mouthfeel, taste, and smell.

Flavors: Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffee, Creamy, Earth

A rich and robust tea that bring together the sweetness of chocolate, the assertiveness of coffee tied together with a warm, creamy caramel.

It’s aroma is strong and appetizing with very strong coffee notes, understandable given the whole coffee beans blended into this tea. Brewing is beautiful, starting as a red-gold diffusion and slowly darkening to a deep and powerful black.

Powerful and earthy, this tea is filled with sweet chocolate, strong coffee and a balance of caramel and nuts. Great for morning starts and to fuel all-nighters. This high-octane, medium caffeine drink has great taste for people who love strong, assertive flavours.

Flavors: Caramel, Coffee, Creamy, Dark Chocolate, Nuts, Roasted

7 min, 0 sec 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

On our lovely vacation in Canada, I headed to David’s tea dragging my grandmother behind me. (not literally, folks) This was one of the teas I purchased as it had caught my attention a long time ago. Also, it smelled really good. Like a coffee shop. This afternoon I brewed it up. I’m sooo glad I bought this. It has a lighter coffee taste than just straight coffee but with a “black” tea taste. By this way, this is my first pu’erh. (I’m new to tea and have a small allowance so purchasing loose tea is not a frequent habit) The claim of caramel, chocolate, and almond notes are subtle. I did resteep this at the same temperature but for 6 or 7 minutes. It was just as good. Now I want to try oolong tea and white. Alas, I have none.

Flavors: Almond, Coffee, Dark Chocolate

So, I don’t hate this and I was completely prepared to. I am SHOCKED. I am a complete coffee hater. I don’t even like chocolates with a coffee filling or coffee ice cream. I actually really like the smell of coffee and even the start of the coffee taste, but that bitter aftertaste always gets me. This tea magically has a bit of the aroma and the taste without any of the aftertaste. It tastes like all the things I like about mocha without that terrible bitterness at the end. I’m getting through this whole cup and it’s not a struggle at all. Would I buy this again? Probably not. But I am glad that I tried it, thanks to Virginia! I won’t rate this since I am not a coffee fan.

So my mother’s day bouquet is rapidly declining now and I think I might go buy another bouquet this weekend because I just love having fresh flowers on the table. So beautiful.

This smells delicious. Mostly salty caramel and coffee. Mmm. I did underleaf it a bit so it is somewhat watery today but I still love that it gives me all the satisfying coffee taste minus the yuck of it. Don’t get me wrong, I love good coffee, but sometimes the aftertaste of it just bothers me now. Caramel, coffee, malt and earth are coming out to play and we’re having a blast. Absolutely no bitterness. Yums

My first flavored pu’erh. I wasn’t sure how/if it would work, but it’s pretty good!

This tea is too strong for me, but my fiance loves it!

This tea just isn’t my thing. I don’t like the mixture of coffee and tea together I guess. I finished the cup, but not without some difficulty.

update – with cane sugar and coconut milk, this is divine.

Fall seems to be that time of year where I drink less and less coffee and more tea. When making my first order from David’s Tea, this one definitely caught my eye. I drank this twice over the past 24 hours, plain and according to most of the directions on the package. I did get a coffee taste from it along with a sweetness from the caramel flavor along with chocolate!

Upon the second steeping, it tasted less like coffee and more like a sweeter tea, the caramel notes lingering after each sip.

This is also my first experience with pu’erh teas and it has definitely been a positive one! Can’t wait to try more and more pu’erhs down the road.