Coffee Pu'erh

Pu-erh Tea
Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I had the last of this in my to go mug this morning. Goodbye, delicious coffee pu'erh, I hardly knew ye. Ok, so I actually knew it almost every morning for the last week. I love this stuff,...” Read full tasting note
    hammaryn 148 tasting notes
  • “This stuff is absolutely divine. But this is coming from somebody who drank coffee before she drank tea. I now prefer the latter over the former but that's not what this review is about - I'm...” Read full tasting note
    Kinsa 94 tasting notes
  • “Eeek! I forgot all about my reaction to this one last time and ordered it again, only this time as a latte. Hey if I'm limiting myself to one hot tea per week I might as well splurge a tad, right??...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1257 tasting notes
  • “Okay, so, I have never had a pu'erh tea before. I'm a reformed coffee drinker (3 cups a day) and I am still a little out of my element here. Completely happy and joyful about exploring the world of...” Read full tasting note
    graceatblb 90 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ancient avant-garde

Pu’erh has come a long way since its heyday as a tribute tea to Chinese emperors a thousand years back. It’s still got that legendary taste, but the new “cooked” varieties are really something special. Our blend helps mark this milestone by combining pu’erh with coffee beans, chocolate, caramel and almond flavour. Even your coffee-addict friends will go crazy for it. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Chinese cooked pu’erh tea, coffee beans, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

The color was a bit alarming at 4 minutes, it was so dark but it wasn’t too strong at all and not bitter. I could taste tea and coffee, the smell was delicious. I tasted it plain and then couldn’t resist trying out some vanilla creamer and it was so good I think this one might have to be re-ordered :)

Not that happy with this one.

A perfect blend of Pu’erh and coffee. If you dig coffee and want to try tea, this is where to start.

I woke up feeling exhausted and shaky this morning; I had forgotten I had a bag of this tea in my cupboard and figured it was exactly the right morning for it! I like it a lot. It’s very warm and comforting (of course, I mean it as more than the hot water kind of warm…). Very caffeinated, too, as you can guess from the name. If, like me, you are used to several cups of coffee per day along with your teas and infusions, it shouldn’t be a problem.
The taste is a little smokey, very earthy. Along with the coffee, there’s also a little cocoa and caramel, but it’s not overly sweet in a way lots of teas from DAVID’s are. It’s strong, but smooth, like a careful bear hug from a friend wearing a very cozy sweater. It wasn’t quite enough to wake me up this morning – perhaps because I lacked time to finish my cup – but it was a true comfort. I’d recommend it as a nice dessert tea, or for especially rough mornings.

I really love this tea. It’s quite unusual, and I’d say a bit of an acquired taste. As a coffee drinker, I like having this as a slightly less-than another cup of coffee option. While it is caffienated, it doesn’t generate the same buzz as another coffee would. I find I have to be careful with the amount of tea, and the time I steep – it’s easy to go to far with this tea – it can get uglybitter. But there’s a lovely richness to it that can warm up a cold work morning quite nicely.

I wasn’t a huge fan of this tea. The chocolate taste was overpowering the coffee taste and didn’t make it a good combination.

Mild taste of hazelnut or almonds… Great one.

So delicious! Just smell it’s like a cafe moka. I had to give up coffee but was addicted to Starbuck’s mokas. I discovered this tea and it’s awesome. I call it my Monday tea :) I steep it strong and like it with a bit of milk.

I like it, this tea is dark and intense and actually resembles coffee.

It’s been awhile since i tried a pu er tea, i am generally not very open to these teas even after hearing of all the health benefits they offer. The main reason, they normally taste like farm or rather it just reminds me of being in a barn with decomposing hay or whatever. I drink coffee, I love coffee just as much as tea; and i like to drink it black normally.

This tea, has subtle taste of caramel that comes along with very dark colour…. it looks like coffee! I’d say the second steeping is just as good as the first. It’s very drinkable when it cools down (more so than cold coffee), and is just slightly sweet.
I guess you would say that coffee is bitter and that this should be bitter, but it really doesn’t bother me. What is good also is that I did not taste any chocolate either, not a big fan of trying to use chocolate to make things taste of coffee but here, it doesn’t seem to do much harm

Overall, very drinkable pu er tea.

I love this flavour from David’s Tea next to Buttered Rum. Actually I went to the West 4th location in Vancouver to buy some more of the Buttered Rum flavour but I wasn’t surprise as I was told it was sold out. The tin labelled Coffee Pu’erh caught my eye and so I decided to purchase 30grams.
This is great with a dash of sugar and a splash of milk. As mentioned in the other reviews, steep for a about 2 to 3 minutes. But what I love about this is that you have a mix of chocolate and caramel that you would usually find in flavoured coffee. As I am not a coffee drinker, I am so happy to find that David’s Tea has come up with such a great flavour for tea drinkers. Again…..hands down to David’s Tea!! I have about 15 flavours and share them at work. Now my coworkers are addicted!!