Coffee Pu'erh

Pu-erh Tea
Almond, Coffee, Dark Chocolate, Cream, Hay, Chocolate
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I had the last of this in my to go mug this morning. Goodbye, delicious coffee pu'erh, I hardly knew ye. Ok, so I actually knew it almost every morning for the last week. I love this stuff,...” Read full tasting note
    hammaryn 148 tasting notes
  • “This stuff is absolutely divine. But this is coming from somebody who drank coffee before she drank tea. I now prefer the latter over the former but that's not what this review is about - I'm...” Read full tasting note
    Kinsa 96 tasting notes
  • “Eeek! I forgot all about my reaction to this one last time and ordered it again, only this time as a latte. Hey if I'm limiting myself to one hot tea per week I might as well splurge a tad, right??...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1300 tasting notes
  • “Okay, so, I have never had a pu'erh tea before. I'm a reformed coffee drinker (3 cups a day) and I am still a little out of my element here. Completely happy and joyful about exploring the world of...” Read full tasting note
    graceatblb 92 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ancient avant-garde

Pu’erh has come a long way since its heyday as a tribute tea to Chinese emperors a thousand years back. It’s still got that legendary taste, but the new “cooked” varieties are really something special. Our blend helps mark this milestone by combining pu’erh with coffee beans, chocolate, caramel and almond flavour. Even your coffee-addict friends will go crazy for it. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Chinese cooked pu’erh tea, coffee beans, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

This tea brews into a very dark, almost opaque liquid. It tastes like earthy, well, coffee. Add a little bit of almond milk, and it’s a pretty good replacement for the real deal.

Pu’erh is what it is. It’s going to taste earthy. Or like dirt.

This tea smelt like cardboard. However, it tasted all right. I wouldn’t purchase it (I received it as a sample). I was surprised that I didn’t want any additives in it given it’s earthy nature. Plus I always think that coffee will go bitter in tea and I have yet to have that proven… heh.

My partner got 25 g of this last night for us to try this morning. I’m not a coffee drinker, but this has a lovely flavour. You can see the coffee beans in among the leaves, and the colour after steeping makes it look like a strong dark coffee. But the flavour doesn’t knock your boots off, it’s actually very smooth. The blend of the coffee and the pu’erh works really well, and it gets nice and creamy when you add a little milk.

The color was a bit alarming at 4 minutes, it was so dark but it wasn’t too strong at all and not bitter. I could taste tea and coffee, the smell was delicious. I tasted it plain and then couldn’t resist trying out some vanilla creamer and it was so good I think this one might have to be re-ordered :)

Not that happy with this one.

A perfect blend of Pu’erh and coffee. If you dig coffee and want to try tea, this is where to start.

I woke up feeling exhausted and shaky this morning; I had forgotten I had a bag of this tea in my cupboard and figured it was exactly the right morning for it! I like it a lot. It’s very warm and comforting (of course, I mean it as more than the hot water kind of warm…). Very caffeinated, too, as you can guess from the name. If, like me, you are used to several cups of coffee per day along with your teas and infusions, it shouldn’t be a problem.
The taste is a little smokey, very earthy. Along with the coffee, there’s also a little cocoa and caramel, but it’s not overly sweet in a way lots of teas from DAVID’s are. It’s strong, but smooth, like a careful bear hug from a friend wearing a very cozy sweater. It wasn’t quite enough to wake me up this morning – perhaps because I lacked time to finish my cup – but it was a true comfort. I’d recommend it as a nice dessert tea, or for especially rough mornings.

I really love this tea. It’s quite unusual, and I’d say a bit of an acquired taste. As a coffee drinker, I like having this as a slightly less-than another cup of coffee option. While it is caffienated, it doesn’t generate the same buzz as another coffee would. I find I have to be careful with the amount of tea, and the time I steep – it’s easy to go to far with this tea – it can get uglybitter. But there’s a lovely richness to it that can warm up a cold work morning quite nicely.

I wasn’t a huge fan of this tea. The chocolate taste was overpowering the coffee taste and didn’t make it a good combination.

Mild taste of hazelnut or almonds… Great one.