Coffee Pu'erh

Pu-erh Tea
Coffee, Vanilla, Chocolate, Cocoa, Creamy, Earth, Caramel, Dark Chocolate, Nuts, Roasted, Almond, Cream, Hay
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “I had the last of this in my to go mug this morning. Goodbye, delicious coffee pu'erh, I hardly knew ye. Ok, so I actually knew it almost every morning for the last week. I love this stuff,...” Read full tasting note
    hammaryn 148 tasting notes
  • “This stuff is absolutely divine. But this is coming from somebody who drank coffee before she drank tea. I now prefer the latter over the former but that's not what this review is about - I'm...” Read full tasting note
    Kinsa 96 tasting notes
  • “Eeek! I forgot all about my reaction to this one last time and ordered it again, only this time as a latte. Hey if I'm limiting myself to one hot tea per week I might as well splurge a tad, right??...” Read full tasting note
    indigobloom 1341 tasting notes
  • “Okay, so, I have never had a pu'erh tea before. I'm a reformed coffee drinker (3 cups a day) and I am still a little out of my element here. Completely happy and joyful about exploring the world of...” Read full tasting note
    graceatblb 92 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Ancient avant-garde

Pu’erh has come a long way since its heyday as a tribute tea to Chinese emperors a thousand years back. It’s still got that legendary taste, but the new “cooked” varieties are really something special. Our blend helps mark this milestone by combining pu’erh with coffee beans, chocolate, caramel and almond flavour. Even your coffee-addict friends will go crazy for it. (MK Kosher)

Ingredients: Chinese cooked pu’erh tea, coffee beans, artificial and natural flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

First drinking a pu’erh tea, so I didn’t know what to expect. The first time I steeped it, it was so dark like a black coffee. The first sip was very strange – I couldn’t put my finger on it. I usually like fruity teas so I don’t add any sweeteners. I had some International Delight Caramel Macchiato, which I added that to this tea and it made a huge difference. I loved this mix.

I steeped it a second time and liked it even more. I would love to try this iced.

Long story short: I was expecting more.

This was my first experience with pu’erh tea… so in that sense, I wasn’t sure what to expect. But in terms of flavor, I was disappointed. To me, it didn’t come off as tasting like coffee at all. I could taste the caramel, but everything was so subtle. I received this tea as a single-serving sampler, and I’m wondering if more than a teaspoon and a half should have been brewed in my mug, in order to get the whole experience?

I wouldn’t mind trying it again. I didn’t hate it, but it wasn’t overly special, for me.

Update: I ended up falling for this tea, but I like it brewed stronger (not longer) and it’s divine as a latte. I’ve updated my rating to reflect this. :)

I’ll disclose up front that I am a coffee junkie at times. When I saw that David’s had a tea blended with coffee, I was intrigued. The scent is definitely earthy, a little smoky, and strangely sweet. Brewed, the tea has a fairly strong, sweet scent, but the flavor is a bit of a letdown. I brewed 2-1/4 tsp in an infuser basket but it wasn’t quite enough to really bring out the full flavor. I tried again with a little more tea and it was the same. It’s a little too weak for my liking, unfortunately, but still had a nice flavor.

not a good blend for coffee and tea, the chocolate taste did not add to the flavour

This tea brews into a very dark, almost opaque liquid. It tastes like earthy, well, coffee. Add a little bit of almond milk, and it’s a pretty good replacement for the real deal.

Pu’erh is what it is. It’s going to taste earthy. Or like dirt.

This tea smelt like cardboard. However, it tasted all right. I wouldn’t purchase it (I received it as a sample). I was surprised that I didn’t want any additives in it given it’s earthy nature. Plus I always think that coffee will go bitter in tea and I have yet to have that proven… heh.

My partner got 25 g of this last night for us to try this morning. I’m not a coffee drinker, but this has a lovely flavour. You can see the coffee beans in among the leaves, and the colour after steeping makes it look like a strong dark coffee. But the flavour doesn’t knock your boots off, it’s actually very smooth. The blend of the coffee and the pu’erh works really well, and it gets nice and creamy when you add a little milk.

The color was a bit alarming at 4 minutes, it was so dark but it wasn’t too strong at all and not bitter. I could taste tea and coffee, the smell was delicious. I tasted it plain and then couldn’t resist trying out some vanilla creamer and it was so good I think this one might have to be re-ordered :)

Not that happy with this one.

A perfect blend of Pu’erh and coffee. If you dig coffee and want to try tea, this is where to start.