Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Cloves, Orange, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This is SPECTACULAR! Very sweetly cinnamon-y, spicy (but not peppery), round and robust! With honey and a splash of milk, I feel like I'm having black tea! This is my new favorite herbal chai. I'm...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Tonight I'd been sitting at the computer too long and decided that making a cup wasn't going to take long enough. So I decided to try stovetop chai again, this time with my favourite chai tea. ...” Read full tasting note
    lauriegilbert 442 tasting notes
  • “Oh, Oh this is "wicked-awesome" (to steal a phrase from a co-worker) I loved everything about this, from the fact that I was able to steep 1.5 tsp twice and still was strong enough to pour over...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “1 TB for 450mL water, bare. Pulling a late (for me) night as I work on revisions ... the delicious sharpness of this blend helps keep me focused depsite the yawns and won't ruin my eventual...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 516 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Red Rooibos, orange peel, cinnamon, cloves, natural honey and cinnamon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Ahhhhh. The delghtfully tasteful Cinnamon Rooibos Chai. I still remember the first time I had this tea, it leaves such an incredible impression. This is such a warming cup of tea, I could drink it anytime, anywhere. I would drink it much more if it weren’t for the horrendous acid reflux that this tea provokes… >:-O
Dropping the rating just a little bit for this tea’s negative effects.

Boiling 8 min or more
TeaBrat

that sucks. I like the West Cape Rooibos Chai by Rishi if you ever get the chance to try it.

AliPants

Ooh! I checked it out – looks like it only retails in the US! :-( I’ll keep my eyes open for it though!

TeaBrat

I normally just order it from their website but I don’t know if they ship to canada…

AliPants

True! I try not to order teas online that I haven’t tried yet.. I’ve been finding that I get stuck with tea I won’t drink! Plus there’s nothing better than going to the store and smelling everything yourself :-)

I can’t say enough good things about this tea… I love it and I doubly love the fact that it’s caffeine free! Cinnamon and honey with creamy rooibos… it’s just so naturally rich and indulgent. It’s wonderful.

Oh hey… Look at that! It’s time to go home! Too bad it’s not Friday though! :)

Dry Leaf Nose: Sweet cinnamon with a hint of citrus and lightly scented clove.

Liquor: Deep reddish-brown and clear, with a strong aroma of cinnamon.

Flavour: Very sweet, with a bit of spice. The cinnamon notes prevail, with the rooibos smoothing and sweetening the cup. The orange peel adds a refreshing mouthfeel

Wow! I was very much in doubt that this tea would be as amazing as the reviews suggest. It sounded good, but not particularly special… rooibos with cinnamon, I could blend that on my own, right? Well, definitely not like this!
The smell is good, pretty much cinnamon with a bit of cloves, but not very strong as I would’ve expected. But the taste… whoa! It’s soooo rich! Cinnamon-y indeed, but also sweet, very sweet! The citrus oil also adds a really nice light note of tartness, just in the back of the mouth, to make the blend even more complex. I often forget how rich rooibos makes blends, but when used right, like here, it really is quite amazing.
Now, I understand the hype!

Faith

It’s especially good in recipes too!

Eisenherz

Oh I bet, the taste is so bold! I bet it would fit well in most desserts, I’ll need to try that out, thanks!

It’s cold out and my day started with an unsatisfying pumpkin spice tea paired with an equally unsatisfying chocolate danish, so now it’s time for a working treat while my baby is sleeping.
That treat is Cinnamon Rooibos Chai, easily my favourite spicy tea of all time.
The smell of the dry tea alone is enough to smack you out of any dozy funk you might be in. The cinnamon is like a marching band of sparkling brass and gifted percussionists.
I like to use a little bit too much and steep at the high end of the recommended time, because I like it SPICY.
Also, because I’m a milk-and-sugar kind of girl, I splash in a tiny bit of 1% and a little dab of lemon honey.
The smell of the steeped tea, after an agonizing 7 minute wait, is just as explosive as the tea in the little bag, and it makes my upper lip and palate go the tiniest bit numb. Pure childhood memories of sitting in the tree-named cabins at Camp Wannakumbac , seeing who could eat the most candy cinnamon hearts. (I always won. I suspect it may be the reason behind my inability to enjoy any synthetic cinnamon products without suffering a week’s worth of mouth lacerations.)
Just as you bring the cup to your mouth to sip, you can detect the lemon and orange, and then the satisfyingly heavy spicy treat washes over your tongue and warms your whole body.
Good times.
Good times.
I only have enough left for one more cup after this.
I think I’ll hoard it.

Michelle Butler Hallett

Yep, this one’s great. Hooyah, cinnamon!

I really just don’t care for rooibos. Not going to rate this yet, because I think it’s probably good… it just tastes like cinnamon medicine to me, honestly. I usually prefer the second steep of rooibos teas, so I’m going to give that a try right away.

Courtney sent me this one, too, and there is plenty more for another day. It is nice to have a cinnamon-y tea that isn’t black.

EDIT: As predicted, the second infusion is more palatable for me. I also saw that several people suggested adding milk, so I’ve poured in a bit of almond milk. It’s much less medicinal, but still… rooibos isn’t so much for me.

It’s just too much for me. I like cinnamon, but I wasn’t able tout finish my cup… Maybe I made it too strong? I will try it again but will go down on the quantity or maybe will mix it with another chai like chocolate chili chai…

Had my first cup of this today, and wow, just like red hots! Didn’t think to add milk, but other reviewers say it’s good that way, so I’ll try that next time! Didn’t taste like rooibos, which was nice…just full-flavor cinnamon, and HOT!

This is my favourite tea so far at David’s Tea. The combination of chai and cinnamon makes it more interesting than just pure chai or a cinnamon tea, but the cinnamon sweetens the strong chai taste. I’ve discovered that steeping this tea for 7 minutes at 98 degrees Celcius produces the best end result. Add a single sugar cube to sweeten. I can reuse these leaves once, but the second attempt to resteep them has yet to go well. I’d give this tea a 95 out of 100, only because resteeping the leaves doesnt always work the same each time. I’d recommend letting the leaves dry out a bit before resteeping. That seems to hold the flavour in longer.

SJLovesTea

also, steeping for even longer than 7 minutes is good. The longer, the spicier, the better.

Michelle Butler Hallett

I’ve gone at long as 15 minutes with this one. Reeeeeaaaallly good.

I should be in bed but yet I find myself watching Lost Girl and drinking this delightfully tasty tea. Its got the nicest undercurrent of cinnamon and I definitely taste clove, rooibos and orange…YUM. Very sweet and that is just being drunk with no sweetener at all. I’m certainly glad I got this and cannot wait to add more to my cupboard AFTER I finish some more tea…

Uniquity