Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Cloves, Orange, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This is SPECTACULAR! Very sweetly cinnamon-y, spicy (but not peppery), round and robust! With honey and a splash of milk, I feel like I'm having black tea! This is my new favorite herbal chai. I'm...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Tonight I'd been sitting at the computer too long and decided that making a cup wasn't going to take long enough. So I decided to try stovetop chai again, this time with my favourite chai tea. ...” Read full tasting note
    lauriegilbert 442 tasting notes
  • “Oh, Oh this is "wicked-awesome" (to steal a phrase from a co-worker) I loved everything about this, from the fact that I was able to steep 1.5 tsp twice and still was strong enough to pour over...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “1 TB for 450mL water, bare. Pulling a late (for me) night as I work on revisions ... the delicious sharpness of this blend helps keep me focused depsite the yawns and won't ruin my eventual...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 516 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Red Rooibos, orange peel, cinnamon, cloves, natural honey and cinnamon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Made a cup of this tonight…it’d been a while and I needed something cozy. It’s quite nice—I appreciated that the cinnamon didn’t burn my mouth like with some other ones (Bengal Spice if you let it go too long). It’s sweet, but not as sweet as some other cinnamon teas (once again, I’m looking at you, Bengal Spice). I’m going to try to resteep this to see if I can get good results like others have. Mmmm.

One of my “go-to” teas, especially on chilly days when I want something warming, but also caffeine free. Although I will be honest, I find the cinnamon a little overwhelming so I mix in some green rooibos to mellow it out, which does the trick!

Also, this tea is AMAZING in recipes! I’ve used it in hot chocolate (brew tea as directed, strain leaves, and mix in hot chocolate mix. Mmhmm.) and cinnamon rooibos chai infused applesauce (Delicious! Cinnamony! YES!!) and it holds it’s own every time.

For the first time I truly am having trouble with a tea that I do not like. I tried it sweetened last night and that was really bad, so today I had it unsweetened. Better, drinkable, but not my favourite by far. I can taste a ton of the honey in this blend and I am not a fan of honey. I think, to drink this tea, I am going to have to really watch my steeping time (like really watch the steeping time) and make sure I don’t give it a long steep. For now though, plan one is to try and feed it to my friends and see if they like it better than I do!

I’d rather something without the orange oil, but it’s not bad.

Oh wow, I like this one…. A LOT! It tastes just like I am eating a piece of Big Red gum. True to its name it is pure cinnamon. There is some nice heat to it as well. This is how I thought Hot Lips would taste. It is also a great rooibos, not woody at all. I also love that it’s caffeine free so I can have it before bed without worrying about the caffeine.

I was a bit skeptical about this one to say the least, especially after having tried Cinnamon Hearts (Davids) and not being thrilled. boy was I judging this book by the wrong cover! Cinnamon Rooibos Chai is a wonderful tea, especially during the fall season when I always crave these spices. The cinnamon is quite strong so if you’re a fan of Cinnamon heart candy I’d say definitely give this tea a shot! I like mine clear with a little bit of honey to cut the acidity since I let mine steep quite a while. I also drop half a cinnamon stick into the teapot to make it even spicier. While there is not a ton of caffeine in this one, it does help to maintain focus and mental clarity if you’re up far too late working on an essay for instance… :)

Cinnamon Rooibos Chai smells like a mixture of rooibos and a stick of trident cinnamon gum. There’s a lot of rooibos in this and the cinnamon/clove mixture doesn’t do a whole lot to mask it, so this is definitely on the sweeter, richer, rooibos-y side.

If you couldn’t tell from that last sentence, I’m not a huge fan of red rooibos. I’ll drink it sometimes, but I don’t love the taste so I prefer it heavily flavored! The Coco Chai Rooibos from DavidsTea, for example, is a lot tastier to me since it hides the rooibos pretty well (and clearly has less actual rooibos per teaspoon).

I don’t know if it was just the rooibos, but this was overly sweet and a bit cloying — I couldn’t even finish a cup.

Day #14 of the advent calendar! Another new tasting experience for me, yay! Whatever blend is going on here totally works – because, separately, rooibos, cinnamon and chai are not really my favourite tea ingredients (flavour is almost too bold for my taste). But mix them together in this one, add a couple of other things (which mut be the ‘magic glue’) and a splash of milk and this is absolutely delightful. I actually think I may even need to steep it for a bit longer next time.

The first thing I taste is the intense cinnamon, that is so strong that it was hard for me to finish my sample cup. It was quite unpleasant. It was also very sweet from the honey. The orange peel and cloves do not really contribute much to the flavor but the red rooibos compliments the cinnamon, making it even more intense.

So overall, it is a very overwhelmingly spicy and sweet tea, and I am not the hugest fan of this tea, but if you love cinnamon, you should give this a try :)

I just bought some of this tea today after hearing several positive things about it. I am just trying my first cup of this now…WOW! That’s a lot of cinnamon! It’s like drinking the “cinnamon challenge” in a cup… It’s good that I like cinnamon although I do have to say it is slightly overwhelming and results in a one dimensional flavour profile. For a rooibos, this is not at all woody which is always a plus in my books. I will absolutely finish the pack however I cannot see myself rushing out to buy more. I give this tea a 77/100