Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Ginger, Rooibos, Honey, Sweet, Apple, Cloves, Orange
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by julia

Stay Focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Organic: Rooibos*, apple, cinnamon. With natural cinnamon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A pretty good tea, but too much cinnamon…I feel like this tea is “missing something”. I prefer Coco chai rooibos from DAVIDs.

A very pleasant surprise! I was looking for a caffeine free chai tea, and the clerk recommended this one to me. I smelt it – I hated it. I felt it was too orange-y and not chai-y enough. However, I was in a rush, decided to buy 25g of it and if I hated it, I could give it to a friend.

How wrong I was! Although the smell to me is still overpoweringly orange, the cup itself is not. It tastes like a typical chai aside from the black tea component (replaced with the rooibos) and the finish on it is quite orange. There is also a strong cinnamon flavour with this tea that may be off-putting to some.

I don’t know what it was, but I made a cup of this and it was dreadful. Given my initial impressions, I’m saddened by this! But even the smell of it now makes me gag. Will be trading.

Sweet Canadian

I was debating between trying this or trying orange blossom as a latte the other day. Orange blossom won. But I want to compare this to coco chai rooibos soon.

What a fantastic cup of tea! It has to light zing of cinnamon but some how stays unbelievably sweet! I put nothing in this tea but it tastes so sweet, it is a beautiful, full and delightful tea. +It is organic to boot!

As you may know already, I am not a big fan of over-cinnamoned tea. Not when cinnamon drowns out everything else. This tea was included in a sampler. I would likely not seek out a tea called cinnamon anything.

This tea is ok. Strong cinnamon hit—so much so that I feel as if my taste buds have mostly been killed off after drinking half a cup. A bit of ginger. A bit of rooibos, that is to say that the spice completely masks the rooibos flavour here and rooibos is just the carrier of the cinnamon and the ginger. As I said, it is ok. Maybe fabulous if you are big fan of cinnamon.

A good fall and winter tea. I can see myself perhaps being a wee bit happier with this tea when it is snowing outside and I am inside snuggled up with a fleecy blanket.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Rooibos

aroma: sweet cinnamon

taste: sweet cinnamon

a super underrated tea! literally so sweet and cinnamon-y, like a cinnamon heart but it won’t burn your mouth. super delicious straight or with milk.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Honey, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I have had this one SEVERAL times and apparently never logged it here. It’s sad for me to say that I really don’t like this one at all. It’s too strong of cinnamon for me, which is really funny considering I love saigon chai so much which is even stronger of a tea.

Anyways, I don’t care for this one at all. I almost feel like I need to cut it with a plain rooibos or something… maybe if I combined it with the vanilla rooibos chai?

I totaly agree, the cinnAmon is wayyyy too powerful

Yeah it’s pretty crazy how strong it is.

Brewed a pot of this just after I got up, and have been nursing a cup all day. Tried making iced tea with it, but it wasn’t strong enough and just tasted like really watery cinnamon. This is definitely designed to be a hot tea, although drinking it after it’s cooled off isn’t bad.

It’s sweet enough on it’s own, but I could see adding a tiny bit of sugar and maybe a little bit of milk to make it a dessert tea. I’d almost liken it to drinking a liquid cinnamon roll, which is pretty great.

I was hoping to get through the pot fast enough to get a second steep out of the leaves, cause I always feel guilty using like 3-4 “perfect spoons” of leaves and only getting one brew out of them. Today was a pretty lazy day though, so I’m not surprised I didn’t manage to drink a pot of tea. I think it’s time I go back to brewing one cup at a time.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Sweet

It is with thanks to my wonderful international friends that I can proudly review this Davids Tea sample. From Canada all the way to the UK!

My first thoughts on this tea are of the scent, which I was met with as soon as I opened the packet. Sweet yet spicy cinnamon stick tones mixed with light herbs and wood with a dry, nutty finish. Chai like but super duper cinnamon-esque. As a huge fan of cinnamon I find it particularly charming!

In appearance the small/fine Rooibos blend is met with large, rough pieces of what I believe to be apple and cinnamon stick. Giving it a rocky, desert feel.

I followed the steeping parameters given by Davids Tea which can be found further up in the Tea Description.

Once steeped I am met with a delicious spicy cinnamon scent that reminds me of ‘Red Hots’ candy. My childhood was built around that candy! This scent takes me back.

In flavour the cinnamon bursts through with spices behind it before softening into a sweet, light, herbal blend that lingers in the after taste. It’s a little dry but still acceptable. In terms of Chai there is a spicy touch about it but the heavy cinnamon makes it completely different, it takes the idea of Chai to a new level. And similar to scent, this does have nutty notes which are increased by the dryness. Tried to consider which type of nut but came to the conclusion it tastes mixed and I couldn’t differentiate it.

Also I can’t help but taste ‘Red Hots’ candy when I take small sips of this. It’s pure nostalgia in a cup!

Overall I really enjoyed this tea. It truly is cinnamon heavy and though it does offer a spicy Chai element and slight Rooibos flavour (which others may find more pleasing) I am taken aback in awe by the simpleness of it. Plus it has to be said that this being Organic is the ‘icing on the cake’ so to speak.

Chai? Yes please.

Cinnamon Chai? Heck yes please!

Nostalgia? All the time. :)

For more information on this tea please view my SororiTEA Sisters post.

Glad you liked it!

The cinnamon is strong with this one, so I use about half the amount I think I should. Then I can use that for a couple of cups. It’s a superb chai, and the cinnamon can be very spicy. Much love! If you don’t like cinnamon in great abundance, then this is obviously not the tea for you. ;P

Flavors: Cinnamon

I bought 100g of this tea. I love cinnamon and chai. And I did enjoy this tea. But, I’m not always a fan of rooibus, and in this tea, I found the cinnamon almost overwhelming at times. I prefer other chais, but I would drink this again.

Flavors: Cinnamon