Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rooibos
Candy, Cinnamon, Sweet, Spicy, Spices, Sugar, Apple, Sugarcane, Rooibos, Ginger, Honey, Cloves, Orange
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by julia

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay Focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Organic: Rooibos*, apple, cinnamon. With natural cinnamon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 9/24 of 24 Days of tea (finally caught up!)

I’ve had this tea before so I knew what to expect. The taste is alright- slightly woody rooibos with cinnamon. Unfortunately though, I find there is too much cinnamon in this blend and it upsets my stomach :( . Had to dump out half a travel mug of this tea. However, I can use this tea up by mixing it with either Birthday Cake or Coco Chai Rooibos and making into a latte. I recommend to anyone who can’t handle a lot of spice to brew this tea mildly, add milk or mix it with a different tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

A very pleasant surprise! I was looking for a caffeine free chai tea, and the clerk recommended this one to me. I smelt it – I hated it. I felt it was too orange-y and not chai-y enough. However, I was in a rush, decided to buy 25g of it and if I hated it, I could give it to a friend.

How wrong I was! Although the smell to me is still overpoweringly orange, the cup itself is not. It tastes like a typical chai aside from the black tea component (replaced with the rooibos) and the finish on it is quite orange. There is also a strong cinnamon flavour with this tea that may be off-putting to some.

EDIT:
I don’t know what it was, but I made a cup of this and it was dreadful. Given my initial impressions, I’m saddened by this! But even the smell of it now makes me gag. Will be trading.

Sweet Canadian

I was debating between trying this or trying orange blossom as a latte the other day. Orange blossom won. But I want to compare this to coco chai rooibos soon.

What a fantastic cup of tea! It has to light zing of cinnamon but some how stays unbelievably sweet! I put nothing in this tea but it tastes so sweet, it is a beautiful, full and delightful tea. +It is organic to boot!

REALLY liked this one. I’m a bit shocked it doesn’t have a higher rating. Cinnamon is the star, but you also get nice sweet apple on the finish. I got THREE decent steeps out of 1.5 perfect spoons. Doesn’t need milk or sugar. And it’s caffeine free!

I have a sore throat and this feels wonderful. I love spicy cinnamon. I’m not getting any apple here, but that’s ok.

I’ve been cleaning out some old teas in preparation for the inevitable post-holiday sales that will be coming up, and I noticed I had exactly 1 serving left of this so, sipdown! This is oddly enough, another one of those teas where I’ve never bought it specifically but I’ve managed to collect a lot of it through sampler sets somehow. Regardless, this tea has a pretty strong cinnamon smell with a bit of woodiness. I’m not really getting the ‘chai’ bit of this, but if its good then I don’t mind.

Steeped, this tea is quite well, cinnamon-y. But to me, its not overpowering like how some other cinnamon teas can be, like The Spice is Right. However, I will also note that the rooibos base is still quite present. Still not really getting anything that’s striking me as ‘chai’ even though there are cloves in it though.

Overall, this being a fan favourite makes total sense to me. It’s got a great cinnamon flavour without being overwhelmingly so. I would like to try this as a latte sometime, even.

#ProjectTeaWall

I avoided this one for the longest time because it’s marketed as a Chai, and I typically don’t enjoy Chai spices – but through working at DT I’ve realized that it actually really only has the one spice: cinnamon. I feel like the name is pretty misleading, since that’s the case, and I can’t help but wonder how many other people have avoided it for the reason I did so long…

It is CRAZY popular though; like to the degree that Pumpkin Chai or Santa’s Secret are where people will come in on a VERY regular basis and buy 200g+ quantities. So, I knew that I definitely needed to see what the hype was about.

Honestly; I kind of liked it. Really my only issue was that it comes off rather sweet/strong, but I’m sure that slightly underleafing would fix that problem for me. It tastes much like how I remember Hot Lips tasted; really robust cinnamon candies. Like the cinnamon hearts you get at Valentine’s day, or Red Hots.

If you like cinnamon, this is the cup of tea you want/need!

Friendly reminder that I’m not currently numerically rating DAVIDsTEA blends as I’m currently seasonally employed there and it would be an obvious conflict of interest. Any blends you see with numerical ratings were rated prior to my employment there. These reviews are a reflection of my personal thoughts regarding the teas, and not the company’s.

Cinnamon candy-sweet. There is a bit too much sweetness in this one for the use of rooibos which has a clashing savoury note. Good mouthfeel. This tisane feels like it would give the warmth and sweetness required after some time spent outdoors on a cold day.

Flavors: Candy, Cinnamon, Sweet

Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 13 OZ / 375 ML

Yep, this is cinnamon-y, alright. It’s not something I would buy, but since I had it from last years advent calendar, I decided to finish it off. (Well, mostly) This is a very strong tea, and it mainly tastes like cinnamon, also a little spicy and of course sweetness, but that’s pretty much it.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spicy

This is one of my favorite teas! I didn’t realize how much I liked cinnamon until I tried this tea. It is fabulous during the fall and winter mixed with raw honey. I’ve tried it cold as well, but it doesn’t quite work for me that way.

Flavors: Cinnamon