Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Rooibos, Spices, Spicy, Sweet, Ginger, Honey, Apple, Cloves, Orange
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by julia

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay Focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Organic: Rooibos*, apple, cinnamon. With natural cinnamon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 9/24 of 24 Days of tea (finally caught up!)

I’ve had this tea before so I knew what to expect. The taste is alright- slightly woody rooibos with cinnamon. Unfortunately though, I find there is too much cinnamon in this blend and it upsets my stomach :( . Had to dump out half a travel mug of this tea. However, I can use this tea up by mixing it with either Birthday Cake or Coco Chai Rooibos and making into a latte. I recommend to anyone who can’t handle a lot of spice to brew this tea mildly, add milk or mix it with a different tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

A very pleasant surprise! I was looking for a caffeine free chai tea, and the clerk recommended this one to me. I smelt it – I hated it. I felt it was too orange-y and not chai-y enough. However, I was in a rush, decided to buy 25g of it and if I hated it, I could give it to a friend.

How wrong I was! Although the smell to me is still overpoweringly orange, the cup itself is not. It tastes like a typical chai aside from the black tea component (replaced with the rooibos) and the finish on it is quite orange. There is also a strong cinnamon flavour with this tea that may be off-putting to some.

EDIT:
I don’t know what it was, but I made a cup of this and it was dreadful. Given my initial impressions, I’m saddened by this! But even the smell of it now makes me gag. Will be trading.

Sweet Canadian

I was debating between trying this or trying orange blossom as a latte the other day. Orange blossom won. But I want to compare this to coco chai rooibos soon.

What a fantastic cup of tea! It has to light zing of cinnamon but some how stays unbelievably sweet! I put nothing in this tea but it tastes so sweet, it is a beautiful, full and delightful tea. +It is organic to boot!

This is exactly what it says on the tin! Very cinnamon. An excellent rooibos chai. It’s too bad I’m starting to dislike rooibos.

Still catching up on reviews for 24 days of tea, eek.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Advent calendar [9/24]

Time to play catch up on my tea log. I’ve been away in my own little world because we’re being reviewed sometime before the end of the year by the higher-ups. It’s a great way to end the year, really.

I’d had the worst sleep ever and woke up to finding this as my advent calendar tea. sigh so I saved it for the end of the day when I could get home and relax with a cup. I’m pretty sure I resteeped some Glitter and Gold instead of taking this in my travel mug.

I really like the scent of the leaf. It’s got great hints of spice, warmth, and Christmas. Too bad it’s 14 C outside.

I took 52Teas suggestion and steeped this around 85 C. It was perfect! I found that even at 7 minutes, the tea was not overleafed. I actually put the strainer basket back in the pot when I found that it needed some more bold spice flavour. I liked the flavour of the cinnamon and the sweetness that lingered right after it.

This tea is not something that I would pick up on my own, but it was a great end-of-night relaxing kind of tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Rooibos, Spices, Spicy

Day 9/24

Didn’t have high hopes for this one. I’ve never been a huge fan of rooibos or cinnamon hearts (which this smells like). This met my not so high expectations perfectly. It tastes like cinnamon hearts, which is great if you’re into that kind of thing. The nice thing is that the rooibos isn’t too pronounced in this, but overall I found this a bit too sickly sweet and cinnamon-y for my tastes.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Sweet

This one is really old, it got lost at the back of the cupboard somehow and I’m only just now realizing it. I think a bit of its cinnamon edge has worn off with time, but for that I’m grateful. It seemed really over the top the first time I drank it. Never going to be a fan of rooibos or chai, but this is still drinkable.

As you may know already, I am not a big fan of over-cinnamoned tea. Not when cinnamon drowns out everything else. This tea was included in a sampler. I would likely not seek out a tea called cinnamon anything.

This tea is ok. Strong cinnamon hit—so much so that I feel as if my taste buds have mostly been killed off after drinking half a cup. A bit of ginger. A bit of rooibos, that is to say that the spice completely masks the rooibos flavour here and rooibos is just the carrier of the cinnamon and the ginger. As I said, it is ok. Maybe fabulous if you are big fan of cinnamon.

A good fall and winter tea. I can see myself perhaps being a wee bit happier with this tea when it is snowing outside and I am inside snuggled up with a fleecy blanket.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Rooibos

aroma: sweet cinnamon

taste: sweet cinnamon

a super underrated tea! literally so sweet and cinnamon-y, like a cinnamon heart but it won’t burn your mouth. super delicious straight or with milk.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Honey, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I have had this one SEVERAL times and apparently never logged it here. It’s sad for me to say that I really don’t like this one at all. It’s too strong of cinnamon for me, which is really funny considering I love saigon chai so much which is even stronger of a tea.

Anyways, I don’t care for this one at all. I almost feel like I need to cut it with a plain rooibos or something… maybe if I combined it with the vanilla rooibos chai?

Kristal

I totaly agree, the cinnAmon is wayyyy too powerful

TheKesser

Yeah it’s pretty crazy how strong it is.