Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Spices, Sugar, Sweet, Spicy, Sugarcane, Apple, Rooibos, Ginger, Honey, Cloves, Orange
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by julia

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay Focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Organic: Rooibos*, apple, cinnamon. With natural cinnamon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Day 9/24 of 24 Days of tea (finally caught up!)

I’ve had this tea before so I knew what to expect. The taste is alright- slightly woody rooibos with cinnamon. Unfortunately though, I find there is too much cinnamon in this blend and it upsets my stomach :( . Had to dump out half a travel mug of this tea. However, I can use this tea up by mixing it with either Birthday Cake or Coco Chai Rooibos and making into a latte. I recommend to anyone who can’t handle a lot of spice to brew this tea mildly, add milk or mix it with a different tea.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

A very pleasant surprise! I was looking for a caffeine free chai tea, and the clerk recommended this one to me. I smelt it – I hated it. I felt it was too orange-y and not chai-y enough. However, I was in a rush, decided to buy 25g of it and if I hated it, I could give it to a friend.

How wrong I was! Although the smell to me is still overpoweringly orange, the cup itself is not. It tastes like a typical chai aside from the black tea component (replaced with the rooibos) and the finish on it is quite orange. There is also a strong cinnamon flavour with this tea that may be off-putting to some.

EDIT:
I don’t know what it was, but I made a cup of this and it was dreadful. Given my initial impressions, I’m saddened by this! But even the smell of it now makes me gag. Will be trading.

Sweet Canadian

I was debating between trying this or trying orange blossom as a latte the other day. Orange blossom won. But I want to compare this to coco chai rooibos soon.

What a fantastic cup of tea! It has to light zing of cinnamon but some how stays unbelievably sweet! I put nothing in this tea but it tastes so sweet, it is a beautiful, full and delightful tea. +It is organic to boot!

A bit too much sickly sweet cinnamon for me, but I love the tastes of chai and rooibos.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spices, Sugar, Sweet

This is a pretty good tea. Not sure if I’d buy it again though.

just get rid of the dried apples, blend with another non-sweet rooibos, and then its decent!

This might be one of my favorite DavidsTea blends. It’s a good balance of sweetness and sharp cinnamon that lingers after the sip. A splash of rice milk complements the cinnamon kick and makes for a soothing, creamy evening cuppa. sipdown

It’s a very nice cinnamon tea. It is very flavorful.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Rooibos

I didn’t think I would like this tea (the dry leaf smells like cinnamon hearts – bleh!), but I was pleasantly surprised. It does taste more like cinnamon and rooibos than chai, but that’s alright. The cinnamon flavour is really strong and a bit sweet, but not in a sickening way. I don’t dislike this tea, but I’m glad I only have a small sample in the cupboard. Meh.

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Kristal

For me, I just find the cinnamon is too powerful and upsets my stomach :(

This is exactly what it says on the tin! Very cinnamon. An excellent rooibos chai. It’s too bad I’m starting to dislike rooibos.

Still catching up on reviews for 24 days of tea, eek.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML