Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Cloves, Orange, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This is SPECTACULAR! Very sweetly cinnamon-y, spicy (but not peppery), round and robust! With honey and a splash of milk, I feel like I'm having black tea! This is my new favorite herbal chai. I'm...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Tonight I'd been sitting at the computer too long and decided that making a cup wasn't going to take long enough. So I decided to try stovetop chai again, this time with my favourite chai tea. ...” Read full tasting note
    lauriegilbert 442 tasting notes
  • “Oh, Oh this is "wicked-awesome" (to steal a phrase from a co-worker) I loved everything about this, from the fact that I was able to steep 1.5 tsp twice and still was strong enough to pour over...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “1 TB for 450mL water, bare. Pulling a late (for me) night as I work on revisions ... the delicious sharpness of this blend helps keep me focused depsite the yawns and won't ruin my eventual...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 516 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Red Rooibos, orange peel, cinnamon, cloves, natural honey and cinnamon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

A pretty good tea, but too much cinnamon…I feel like this tea is “missing something”. I prefer Coco chai rooibos from DAVIDs.

A very pleasant surprise! I was looking for a caffeine free chai tea, and the clerk recommended this one to me. I smelt it – I hated it. I felt it was too orange-y and not chai-y enough. However, I was in a rush, decided to buy 25g of it and if I hated it, I could give it to a friend.

How wrong I was! Although the smell to me is still overpoweringly orange, the cup itself is not. It tastes like a typical chai aside from the black tea component (replaced with the rooibos) and the finish on it is quite orange. There is also a strong cinnamon flavour with this tea that may be off-putting to some.

EDIT:
I don’t know what it was, but I made a cup of this and it was dreadful. Given my initial impressions, I’m saddened by this! But even the smell of it now makes me gag. Will be trading.

Sweet Canadian

I was debating between trying this or trying orange blossom as a latte the other day. Orange blossom won. But I want to compare this to coco chai rooibos soon.

What a fantastic cup of tea! It has to light zing of cinnamon but some how stays unbelievably sweet! I put nothing in this tea but it tastes so sweet, it is a beautiful, full and delightful tea. +It is organic to boot!

I would say this tastes pretty close to a cinnamon heart candy. The cinnamon is very, very strong in it. I also get an appley/orangey taste. This is not something I would consider as a chai normally. Too much cinnamon for me. But, if you’re a fan of the spice, you’d be a fan of this tea for sure.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I can’t taste the rooibos; bonus! The cinnamon sure takes care of that. It’s not too much though (which would be my usual complaint) because it has a sweetness to it. I did add sugar and foamed milk to make a latte because it is a chai after all, but it tastes like those red hot candies to me. It’s pretty good!

And thus ends my David’s Tea tasting odyssey brought to me by the über generous Virginia. Thank you so much for sending me 41 teas to try! I’ve had a great time trying all of them and have learned a lot as well :-).

Cameron B.

I had red hot candy tea today too! :P And I don’t consider myself a cinnamon aficionado but I really liked it too.

mj

I think I drank more tea today than I ever have in one day lol. It was fantastic

Clean and refreshing. Not too spicy with a hint of orange. Great taste. My new favorite tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Orange, Rooibos

Why did I buy this??? I dislike rooibos so much! Honestly, sometimes I think when I buy tea my brain shuts off and I go into “buy everything” mode. Last “tea” of the night. The dry leaf scent is almost identical to an unchewed piece of dentyne ice fire. The steeped product smells like cinnamon hearts. So far, no rooibos scent. Good…

Wow this is sweet. It tastes of cinnamon and not much else. Anyone know someone who might want this? Although I don’t find it bad or anything, I doubt I will be drinking the whole bag.

Update: my lips and area around my mouth are numb and slightly burning. I have never experienced this with any spice or ingredient in my life. Weird.

This is a delicious tea. I made it hot, and I really enjoyed it. It does not remind me of chai too much, but is just very cinnamony. It’s not too spicy either, which I like.

Flavors: Cinnamon

I really enjoy this tea, its just a nice sweet cinnamon to sip on through out the day! Its not anything too special but it has a nice enough flavour, it is very naturally sweet and I find it has honey notes to it. Its a nice tea to have once in a while before bed!

absolutely loved the first sip. the rooibos and the cinnamon were so sweet yet warm and spicy and comforting. however, after a while the cinnamon started to feel a bit too heavy, too syrupy. might be better if i reduced my steeping time slightly or maybe with a splash of milk added. will give it another go. could see this being a nice comfort on a cold day with a stuffy nose.