Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rooibos
Candy, Cinnamon, Sweet, Spicy, Spices, Sugar, Apple, Sugarcane, Rooibos, Ginger, Honey, Cloves, Orange
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by julia

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay Focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Organic: Rooibos*, apple, cinnamon. With natural cinnamon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Love love love Cinnamon Rooibos Chai by DAVIDsTEA!

From the moment I smelled it to that very first sip, it was love at first sight.

It has a fairly noticeable aroma of cinnamon when you first smell it. I’m a huge fan of cinnamon so this doesn’t bother me one bit. Looking at the individual loose leaf pieces, I could see rooibos leaves, little pieces of cinnamon, and small chunks of apple.

The smell was pretty good but the taste was even better. It really reminded me of apple cider and I loooooove me some apple cider! The combination of rooibos, cinnamon, and apple work very well together and complement each other nicely. You could taste each ingredient, and one wasn’t too strong over the other. Even though you could really smell cinnamon, the taste of it was not that strong (although my opinion may be slightly biased since I am a seasoned cinnamon consumer).

I found Cinnamon Rooibos Chai to be a very sweet tea (pun intended) and am looking forward to my next cup!

A bit too much sickly sweet cinnamon for me, but I love the tastes of chai and rooibos.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Spices, Sugar, Sweet

This is a pretty good tea. Not sure if I’d buy it again though.

just get rid of the dried apples, blend with another non-sweet rooibos, and then its decent!

This might be one of my favorite DavidsTea blends. It’s a good balance of sweetness and sharp cinnamon that lingers after the sip. A splash of rice milk complements the cinnamon kick and makes for a soothing, creamy evening cuppa. sipdown

It’s a very nice cinnamon tea. It is very flavorful.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon, Rooibos

I didn’t think I would like this tea (the dry leaf smells like cinnamon hearts – bleh!), but I was pleasantly surprised. It does taste more like cinnamon and rooibos than chai, but that’s alright. The cinnamon flavour is really strong and a bit sweet, but not in a sickening way. I don’t dislike this tea, but I’m glad I only have a small sample in the cupboard. Meh.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Kristal

For me, I just find the cinnamon is too powerful and upsets my stomach :(

This is exactly what it says on the tin! Very cinnamon. An excellent rooibos chai. It’s too bad I’m starting to dislike rooibos.

Still catching up on reviews for 24 days of tea, eek.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Advent calendar [9/24]

Time to play catch up on my tea log. I’ve been away in my own little world because we’re being reviewed sometime before the end of the year by the higher-ups. It’s a great way to end the year, really.

I’d had the worst sleep ever and woke up to finding this as my advent calendar tea. sigh so I saved it for the end of the day when I could get home and relax with a cup. I’m pretty sure I resteeped some Glitter and Gold instead of taking this in my travel mug.

I really like the scent of the leaf. It’s got great hints of spice, warmth, and Christmas. Too bad it’s 14 C outside.

I took 52Teas suggestion and steeped this around 85 C. It was perfect! I found that even at 7 minutes, the tea was not overleafed. I actually put the strainer basket back in the pot when I found that it needed some more bold spice flavour. I liked the flavour of the cinnamon and the sweetness that lingered right after it.

This tea is not something that I would pick up on my own, but it was a great end-of-night relaxing kind of tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Rooibos, Spices, Spicy

Day 9/24

Didn’t have high hopes for this one. I’ve never been a huge fan of rooibos or cinnamon hearts (which this smells like). This met my not so high expectations perfectly. It tastes like cinnamon hearts, which is great if you’re into that kind of thing. The nice thing is that the rooibos isn’t too pronounced in this, but overall I found this a bit too sickly sweet and cinnamon-y for my tastes.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Sweet