Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Spices, Sugar, Sweet, Apple, Spicy, Sugarcane, Rooibos, Ginger, Honey, Cloves, Orange
Caffeine Free
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by julia

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay Focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Organic: Rooibos*, apple, cinnamon. With natural cinnamon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I didn’t think I would like this tea (the dry leaf smells like cinnamon hearts – bleh!), but I was pleasantly surprised. It does taste more like cinnamon and rooibos than chai, but that’s alright. The cinnamon flavour is really strong and a bit sweet, but not in a sickening way. I don’t dislike this tea, but I’m glad I only have a small sample in the cupboard. Meh.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
Kristal

For me, I just find the cinnamon is too powerful and upsets my stomach :(

This is exactly what it says on the tin! Very cinnamon. An excellent rooibos chai. It’s too bad I’m starting to dislike rooibos.

Still catching up on reviews for 24 days of tea, eek.

Flavors: Cinnamon

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Advent calendar [9/24]

Time to play catch up on my tea log. I’ve been away in my own little world because we’re being reviewed sometime before the end of the year by the higher-ups. It’s a great way to end the year, really.

I’d had the worst sleep ever and woke up to finding this as my advent calendar tea. sigh so I saved it for the end of the day when I could get home and relax with a cup. I’m pretty sure I resteeped some Glitter and Gold instead of taking this in my travel mug.

I really like the scent of the leaf. It’s got great hints of spice, warmth, and Christmas. Too bad it’s 14 C outside.

I took 52Teas suggestion and steeped this around 85 C. It was perfect! I found that even at 7 minutes, the tea was not overleafed. I actually put the strainer basket back in the pot when I found that it needed some more bold spice flavour. I liked the flavour of the cinnamon and the sweetness that lingered right after it.

This tea is not something that I would pick up on my own, but it was a great end-of-night relaxing kind of tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Rooibos, Spices, Spicy

Day 9/24

Didn’t have high hopes for this one. I’ve never been a huge fan of rooibos or cinnamon hearts (which this smells like). This met my not so high expectations perfectly. It tastes like cinnamon hearts, which is great if you’re into that kind of thing. The nice thing is that the rooibos isn’t too pronounced in this, but overall I found this a bit too sickly sweet and cinnamon-y for my tastes.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Sweet

This one is really old, it got lost at the back of the cupboard somehow and I’m only just now realizing it. I think a bit of its cinnamon edge has worn off with time, but for that I’m grateful. It seemed really over the top the first time I drank it. Never going to be a fan of rooibos or chai, but this is still drinkable.

As you may know already, I am not a big fan of over-cinnamoned tea. Not when cinnamon drowns out everything else. This tea was included in a sampler. I would likely not seek out a tea called cinnamon anything.

This tea is ok. Strong cinnamon hit—so much so that I feel as if my taste buds have mostly been killed off after drinking half a cup. A bit of ginger. A bit of rooibos, that is to say that the spice completely masks the rooibos flavour here and rooibos is just the carrier of the cinnamon and the ginger. As I said, it is ok. Maybe fabulous if you are big fan of cinnamon.

A good fall and winter tea. I can see myself perhaps being a wee bit happier with this tea when it is snowing outside and I am inside snuggled up with a fleecy blanket.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Ginger, Rooibos

aroma: sweet cinnamon

taste: sweet cinnamon

a super underrated tea! literally so sweet and cinnamon-y, like a cinnamon heart but it won’t burn your mouth. super delicious straight or with milk.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Honey, Sweet

Boiling 8 min or more 2 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML

I have had this one SEVERAL times and apparently never logged it here. It’s sad for me to say that I really don’t like this one at all. It’s too strong of cinnamon for me, which is really funny considering I love saigon chai so much which is even stronger of a tea.

Anyways, I don’t care for this one at all. I almost feel like I need to cut it with a plain rooibos or something… maybe if I combined it with the vanilla rooibos chai?

Kristal

I totaly agree, the cinnAmon is wayyyy too powerful

TheKesser

Yeah it’s pretty crazy how strong it is.

Brewed a pot of this just after I got up, and have been nursing a cup all day. Tried making iced tea with it, but it wasn’t strong enough and just tasted like really watery cinnamon. This is definitely designed to be a hot tea, although drinking it after it’s cooled off isn’t bad.

It’s sweet enough on it’s own, but I could see adding a tiny bit of sugar and maybe a little bit of milk to make it a dessert tea. I’d almost liken it to drinking a liquid cinnamon roll, which is pretty great.

I was hoping to get through the pot fast enough to get a second steep out of the leaves, cause I always feel guilty using like 3-4 “perfect spoons” of leaves and only getting one brew out of them. Today was a pretty lazy day though, so I’m not surprised I didn’t manage to drink a pot of tea. I think it’s time I go back to brewing one cup at a time.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Sweet

It is with thanks to my wonderful international friends that I can proudly review this Davids Tea sample. From Canada all the way to the UK!

My first thoughts on this tea are of the scent, which I was met with as soon as I opened the packet. Sweet yet spicy cinnamon stick tones mixed with light herbs and wood with a dry, nutty finish. Chai like but super duper cinnamon-esque. As a huge fan of cinnamon I find it particularly charming!

In appearance the small/fine Rooibos blend is met with large, rough pieces of what I believe to be apple and cinnamon stick. Giving it a rocky, desert feel.

I followed the steeping parameters given by Davids Tea which can be found further up in the Tea Description.

Once steeped I am met with a delicious spicy cinnamon scent that reminds me of ‘Red Hots’ candy. My childhood was built around that candy! This scent takes me back.

In flavour the cinnamon bursts through with spices behind it before softening into a sweet, light, herbal blend that lingers in the after taste. It’s a little dry but still acceptable. In terms of Chai there is a spicy touch about it but the heavy cinnamon makes it completely different, it takes the idea of Chai to a new level. And similar to scent, this does have nutty notes which are increased by the dryness. Tried to consider which type of nut but came to the conclusion it tastes mixed and I couldn’t differentiate it.

Also I can’t help but taste ‘Red Hots’ candy when I take small sips of this. It’s pure nostalgia in a cup!

Overall I really enjoyed this tea. It truly is cinnamon heavy and though it does offer a spicy Chai element and slight Rooibos flavour (which others may find more pleasing) I am taken aback in awe by the simpleness of it. Plus it has to be said that this being Organic is the ‘icing on the cake’ so to speak.

Chai? Yes please.

Cinnamon Chai? Heck yes please!

Nostalgia? All the time. :)

For more information on this tea please view my SororiTEA Sisters post.

Glad you liked it!