Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Chai Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Cloves, Orange, Rooibos
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

• “This is SPECTACULAR! Very sweetly cinnamon-y, spicy (but not peppery), round and robust! With honey and a splash of milk, I feel like I'm having black tea! This is my new favorite herbal chai. I'm...” Read full tasting note
    JacquelineM 1112 tasting notes
  • “Tonight I'd been sitting at the computer too long and decided that making a cup wasn't going to take long enough. So I decided to try stovetop chai again, this time with my favourite chai tea. ...” Read full tasting note
    lauriegilbert 442 tasting notes
  • “Oh, Oh this is "wicked-awesome" (to steal a phrase from a co-worker) I loved everything about this, from the fact that I was able to steep 1.5 tsp twice and still was strong enough to pour over...” Read full tasting note
    erinn 232 tasting notes
  • “1 TB for 450mL water, bare. Pulling a late (for me) night as I work on revisions ... the delicious sharpness of this blend helps keep me focused depsite the yawns and won't ruin my eventual...” Read full tasting note
    MButlerHallett 514 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Stay focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Ingredients: Organic: Fair Trade Certified Red Rooibos, orange peel, cinnamon, cloves, natural honey and cinnamon flavouring*.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Every time I drink this tea, I like it less and less. This last time it was just far too sweet for me, and I didn’t add anything to sweeten it. I’m going to try mixing it with Coco Chai rooibos by David’s Tea, since I know it’s not sweet at all. I’m hoping that would balance it out a bit better.

This one smelled like cinnamon hearts. A lovely cinnamon taste, very sweet, none of the burn one would get from eating cinnamon hearts. I liked it, but too sweet for my taste. Definitely like drinking a dessert.

I was in a hurry this morning and didn’t read the name on the sample I had, nor the instructions to infuse it: I just didn’t have time. I put about 1.5 teaspoon in my tumbler with hot water and infused it while I was putting my winter boots, mitts, scart, hat and coat (It was -35°C this morning so better be prepared!). I’m sure my tea didn’t infuse the recommended time but I still took out my strainer and I went outside.

On the bus I opened my tumbler to take a sip and as I removed the lid, I smelled the tea for the first time. The aroma coming from there was just what I needed on this freezing morning. So I took a sip (and obviously burnt my tongue as always because these tumblers stay too warm too long) and it was heeeaaaavvveeeennnn! I never loved a cinnamon tea like this! Normally cinnamon tea taste as if you were cheving a cinnamon stick (wood) but this one tastes just like those little cinnamon hearts you have on Valentine’s Day :D Which is why I think DT should have named this one Cinnamon Hearts instead of the Pu’erh one…

Even If my tea did not infuse the recommend time and if I didn’t put the recommended amount, it was super flavory! So I’m guessing that when you prepare it right, it must be even better! I will definitely buy a big quantity of this one for my cupboard!

205 °F / 96 °C

Bought a tin on husband’s request. Changed my mind, honey not even needed. This is perfection.

Does what it says on the tin! Tastes like sweet cinnamon with hints of the orange peel and cloves. Pretty darn good and surpasses Good Earth Original, hahaha, which makes it the first of this sort of cinnamon tea for me.

This tasted like olives to me. Canned black olives. Not what I was hoping for.

I was expecting this to be kind of like Trader Joe’s Cinnamon Tempest black tea, which kind of has a Red Hots quality to it but which I really enjoyed. Dry, it smelled VERY cinnamony – a little bit on the artificial side, and perhaps lacking in the vibrant citrus notes that pulled Cinnamon Tempest together, but cinnamony. But once it started brewing… olives. I mean, I could sort of taste the rooibos (which is not, to be honest, my favorite base under the best of circumstances) and I could sort of taste the cinnamon. But the dominant note was olives, and that killed it for me. Maybe I just have weird taste buds – it seems like most people have had very different experiences with this tea – but it’s definitely not for me.

This is my anti anxiety tea. The smell of cinnamon is very comforting. I’m not a huge fan of cinnamon but I still love this tea. It does not taste strong enough to make a good latte.

I’ve tried this both straight and as a chai, and enjoyed it both ways. The chai was the best, though. 1 tbs tea to 1.5 C water and 1 C vanilla almond milk and 1 tsp cane sugar. Amazing. I love the cinnamon smell and smooth taste.

Certainly a very interesting one here! Not quite what i was expecting, but i would have to say pleasantly surprised :-)