Cinnamon Rooibos Chai (organic)

Fruit Rooibos Blend
Apple, Cinnamon, Natural Cinnamon Flavor, Rooibos
Cinnamon, Spicy, Spices, Sugar, Sweet, Apple, Sugarcane, Rooibos, Ginger, Honey, Cloves, Orange
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by julia

Stay Focused

Cinnamon is so much more than just the tastiest spice around. According to aromatherapy principles, it supposedly enhances your ability to concentrate. Plus it has a clean and refreshing taste your breath will thank you for. Your new favourite beverage also contains South African rooibos, Zanzibar cloves and citrus oil. Delicious.

Organic: Rooibos*, apple, cinnamon. With natural cinnamon flavouring.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

It is with thanks to my wonderful international friends that I can proudly review this Davids Tea sample. From Canada all the way to the UK!

My first thoughts on this tea are of the scent, which I was met with as soon as I opened the packet. Sweet yet spicy cinnamon stick tones mixed with light herbs and wood with a dry, nutty finish. Chai like but super duper cinnamon-esque. As a huge fan of cinnamon I find it particularly charming!

In appearance the small/fine Rooibos blend is met with large, rough pieces of what I believe to be apple and cinnamon stick. Giving it a rocky, desert feel.

I followed the steeping parameters given by Davids Tea which can be found further up in the Tea Description.

Once steeped I am met with a delicious spicy cinnamon scent that reminds me of ‘Red Hots’ candy. My childhood was built around that candy! This scent takes me back.

In flavour the cinnamon bursts through with spices behind it before softening into a sweet, light, herbal blend that lingers in the after taste. It’s a little dry but still acceptable. In terms of Chai there is a spicy touch about it but the heavy cinnamon makes it completely different, it takes the idea of Chai to a new level. And similar to scent, this does have nutty notes which are increased by the dryness. Tried to consider which type of nut but came to the conclusion it tastes mixed and I couldn’t differentiate it.

Also I can’t help but taste ‘Red Hots’ candy when I take small sips of this. It’s pure nostalgia in a cup!

Overall I really enjoyed this tea. It truly is cinnamon heavy and though it does offer a spicy Chai element and slight Rooibos flavour (which others may find more pleasing) I am taken aback in awe by the simpleness of it. Plus it has to be said that this being Organic is the ‘icing on the cake’ so to speak.

Chai? Yes please.

Cinnamon Chai? Heck yes please!

Nostalgia? All the time. :)

For more information on this tea please view my SororiTEA Sisters post.

Glad you liked it!

The cinnamon is strong with this one, so I use about half the amount I think I should. Then I can use that for a couple of cups. It’s a superb chai, and the cinnamon can be very spicy. Much love! If you don’t like cinnamon in great abundance, then this is obviously not the tea for you. ;P

Flavors: Cinnamon

I bought 100g of this tea. I love cinnamon and chai. And I did enjoy this tea. But, I’m not always a fan of rooibus, and in this tea, I found the cinnamon almost overwhelming at times. I prefer other chais, but I would drink this again.

Flavors: Cinnamon

This goes great mixed with coco chai or their pure chai

I would say this tastes pretty close to a cinnamon heart candy. The cinnamon is very, very strong in it. I also get an appley/orangey taste. This is not something I would consider as a chai normally. Too much cinnamon for me. But, if you’re a fan of the spice, you’d be a fan of this tea for sure.

Flavors: Apple, Cinnamon

205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I can’t taste the rooibos; bonus! The cinnamon sure takes care of that. It’s not too much though (which would be my usual complaint) because it has a sweetness to it. I did add sugar and foamed milk to make a latte because it is a chai after all, but it tastes like those red hot candies to me. It’s pretty good!

And thus ends my David’s Tea tasting odyssey brought to me by the über generous Virginia. Thank you so much for sending me 41 teas to try! I’ve had a great time trying all of them and have learned a lot as well :-).

Cameron B.

I had red hot candy tea today too! :P And I don’t consider myself a cinnamon aficionado but I really liked it too.

I think I drank more tea today than I ever have in one day lol. It was fantastic

Clean and refreshing. Not too spicy with a hint of orange. Great taste. My new favorite tea.

Flavors: Cinnamon, Cloves, Orange, Rooibos

Why did I buy this??? I dislike rooibos so much! Honestly, sometimes I think when I buy tea my brain shuts off and I go into “buy everything” mode. Last “tea” of the night. The dry leaf scent is almost identical to an unchewed piece of dentyne ice fire. The steeped product smells like cinnamon hearts. So far, no rooibos scent. Good…

Wow this is sweet. It tastes of cinnamon and not much else. Anyone know someone who might want this? Although I don’t find it bad or anything, I doubt I will be drinking the whole bag.

Update: my lips and area around my mouth are numb and slightly burning. I have never experienced this with any spice or ingredient in my life. Weird.

This is a delicious tea. I made it hot, and I really enjoyed it. It does not remind me of chai too much, but is just very cinnamony. It’s not too spicy either, which I like.

Flavors: Cinnamon

I really enjoy this tea, its just a nice sweet cinnamon to sip on through out the day! Its not anything too special but it has a nice enough flavour, it is very naturally sweet and I find it has honey notes to it. Its a nice tea to have once in a while before bed!