Sweet Dreams (organic)

Herbal Tea
Lemon Zest, Licorice, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by DAVIDsTEA

• “Last cup for the night, back home after a good weekend, and have my kitty back :) so off to bed, because a busy Monday is ahead tomorrow, lots to do at work from last week, so it will be a crazy...” Read full tasting note
    misslena1221 969 tasting notes
  • “Dear Steepster friends who say they are freezing: It is currently -49 C with the windchill in Regina, SK. Trade you spots? (Except you, Faith :D ) Sweet dreams! Thank goodness for hot tea!” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 505 tasting notes
  • “Finally having day 8 from my advent calendar. I can't believe that I opened the wrong day when I knew about the gold tree covering the 1 of the 18. ARGH. Oh well. This is a great tea for...” Read full tasting note
    Cattibrie 95 tasting notes
  • “Bam woke up this morning with a full blown cold. What the heck???? I still have some taste buds left, so that's good. I received this as a gift and though it would feel goo on my sore throat. I was...” Read full tasting note
    tigress_al 818 tasting notes

From DAVIDsTEA

Getting enough sleep is the key to everything. You’ll have more energy. You’ll have more patience. Your jokes will be funnier. Everyone will love you. Which is where Sweet Dreams comes in. A delicious blend of sleep-inducing chamomile, lemongrass, hibiscus, licorice, lemon, orange and rose petals, it has everything you need to drift off into dreamland – and stay there all night long.

Ingredients: Chamomile flowers, lemongrass, fennel seeds, hibiscus flowers, lemon peel, orange peel, licorice root, lemon myrtle, rose petals.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I needed a good, calming tea for last night before bed. This was one of the teas I ordered to get free shipping. It’s okay. I’m not sure I really gave it a fair shot last night, so I’ll try again.

I’m pleasantly surprised by this tea. Dry, the aroma is so strong that it can be overwhelming, but once it’s steeped, it mellows out and tastes almost rich, but not cloyingly so. I don’t really like chamomile tea, and got this as a gift, so I was reluctant to try it, but quite happy with how it turned out. I don’t know if it’ll become a favourite, but on the first try, it’s not bad at all.

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Licorice, Orange Zest

This is a very soothing tea specially in the cold season. I usually add lemon and ginger water to add a tangy freshness to it. It is perfect before bedtime.

Mmmmm yes, I’m sure I will sleep well tonight after drinking Organic Sweet Dreams!

The taste is similar to that of chamomile tea and flowers (if that makes any sense). It reminds me of fennel tea. Yum :)

Drinking it makes me feel warm and relaxed and makes me look forward to bedtime even more ;)

Mother’s Little Helper has been my night time ritual for the last few weeks. I really like it. Tonight however, I decided to have Sweet Dreams instead… And you know what, I might even like it more. I can really taste the fennel and a little bit of licorice. It’s quite good. Best of all the chamomile is doing its job and it is asking me sleepy!

Mixing this with Mother’s Little Helper. It’s aight.

My ultimate sleepy time tea!

Strong hit of chamomile followed by a licorice note and ending with a slight citrusy feeling. I use this and Mother’s Little Helper at night to help me sleep (or come down from the sick amount of caffeine I ingest throughout the day :P) I keep forgetting about how much I like this tea, and I’m almost out. If I have any issue with it, it’s that. It’s forgettable.

I’m not convinced I like the licorice in this tea. It seems very heavy compared to all the other light yumminess in this tea. Otherwise, I really don’t mind it. I haven’t had many chamomile teas before, so I don’t have much to compare them to. It’s tasty though. I think it would be a nice, soothing tea when sick, with a little honey.

This is my day #8 of the David’s Tea “24 Days of Tea” advent calendar.

I LOVE the fennel and licorice dance going on in my mouth when I drink this. I also love how the chamomile isn’t over-powering (I can barely taste it, but for me that’s a good thing). I may or may not re-buy, mainly because there are a few other chamomiley type teas at Davids that I need to try. This herbal doesn’t withstand re-steeping, so I use a little less than recommended and let it sit a couple mins longer. Tastes comforting :)

I love this tea. I’m drinking it right now as I get ready for bed, it really does help. It has helped me get into a normal sleeping routine thrown off by hectic school schedule.

205 °F / 96 °C