Luscious Watermelon

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Carrot, Honeydew, Strawberry Leaves, Watermelon
Carrot, Apple, Fruity, Melon
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
170 °F / 76 °C 6 min, 30 sec 68 oz / 2000 ml

The taste of summer

What would summer be without a thick slice of pink and green watermelon in your hand? Mingling honeydew, strawberry leaves and apple with generous chunks of watermelon, this fruit-packed tea is overflowing with juicy melon flavour. Try it on ice and get ready to dangle your bare feet off the balcony: summer is officially here.

Ingredients: Apple, carrot, watermelon, wild strawberry leaves, honeydew melon, beetroot.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

Amanda THANK YOU!!!!

This is Watermelon, BUT, MORE than JUST Watermelon!

I can taste Watermelon, first, but then I can taste the apple and honeydew, too, and a little strawberry, AND even a bit of carrot.

This is really wonderful flavor-wise…just want I was hoping for! And NO Hibiscus! YAY!!!

I would say…why not just do a plan watermelon straight-up but I have done pure watermelon juice before and it does need a little extra sumpin’-sumpin’ and I think they GOT IT right at David’s! Nice job!

I’m finishing off the last of this tisane right now. It’s tasty, but much better suited to Spring or Summer.

On like my third glass of this iced right now. This was a part of the wonderful surprise tea care package that I won from DaisyChubb’s blog summer iced tea swap contest. A quick plug for her blog if you haven’t checked it out yet (, it’s very entertaining, and she posts some really awesome recipes.

I’m going to withhold a ‘real’ review on this one (I know, I’ve been very lax on my reviewings lately). This one came out a little light in the flavor department, but I think we can remedy that if we step up the reactor power input by three more doritos.

However, even with a light flavor, let me say that this thing is delicious. I was hesitant at first because of the apple/carrot beginning… but the flavor comes off as a really, really tasty blend. If I could get juice from my juicer to taste like this, I’d totally go for it. Actually, I might be able to. Hmm… apple carrot watermelon… I think I’m going to try that this weekend.

Another big thank you to Daisy for the tea. I’ll give this a better rating (and a number!) after the next batch.

Boiling 8 min or more

Ah you have a juicer?! Totally jealous. Yay glad you’re liking the teas, which I may or may not have picked because of the boxes. shh.

lol those boxes are cute!

This one surprised me because of the carrot too. Thought it was going to be a flop but it definitely makes a delicious iced tea!

This note is based on what happened at my Kids Klub Site while making Sun Steeped tea with the children in my care.

Again we used the Rubbermaid containers, which I filled with hot tap water, and we placed three T-sacs full of tea into these containers.

The children were more taken with the scent of this tea, unsteeped to the point they were willing to try and slip the watermelon chunks into their mouths. “Kids, if you eat the watermelon it will just be a red apple tea…” – “But it smells like melon bubblegum!”

We used the same steeping process again, leaving the tea outside in direct sun light between 8am and 1pm, then placed the tea into the fridge and not removing the T-sacs until it was snack time (the tea still steeps a little as it cools in the fridge)

This time the children did not ask for juice because I brought my Agave and added 1 perfect scoop to each pitcher.

This one got rave reviews to the point that children were begging their parents to take them to DAVIDs for more tea. There were some eyes that glazed over, but I told parents the fruit and herbal teas at DAVIDs are really fool proof and with the help of their knowledgeable staff they’ll be able to make perfect pitchers at home.

140 °F / 60 °C 8 min or more

That is so awesome!

The true Awesome part was the fact that DAVIDs was so generous as to donate 100g of this tea and three others to my site for Summer Camp!

Cold steeped perfection in a cup. Yum. Had about a litre of this tonight, and didn’t even need to sweeten it since the melon is already so delicious. So very very glad that this one came back for the summer, and I am making sure I get about a pound of it before it disappears on me again!

mm that’s something I didn’t get to do last year – cold steep!

Tina S.

It’s SO delicious done that way, especially if you let it sit a couple days first. just drained the pitcher

I spent a good amount of time preparing various teas to chill or cold brew since its a hot weekend and we will be wanting to drink lots of cold drinks!

This particular tea I decided to brew hot and then ice. I read somewhere that fruit teas don’t cold brew well. I have my doubts about that but I only had enough to make one pitcher so I thought I’d go the safe route.

Dry, this tea smells like melony heaven. Very honeydew! Yum!

Hot, this tea just tastes mostly like hot apple. After chilling this tastes more like sweet melon but still pretty strongly of dried apple pieces. I don’t really like the taste of dried apple pieces. Other than that this tea is definitely very summery and melony. I don’t think I like this enough to get more but it is definitely tasty. Could be good as a liquid for aqua fresca.

Husband has already consumed more than half a pitcher. Good thing I made all those other teas cold brew style!

Dry Leaf Nose: Sweet, sweet watermelon.

Liquor: Rosy tone and usually clear coloured, although this can vary depending on the amount of fruit present in the steep.

Flavour: Sweet watermelon.

This is awesome even my husband loves it

Very watermelon-y. I drank it hot; definitely think it should be iced instead. But surprisingly tasty and accurate flavor despite that!

I could not stand this one hot, it is way better cold!

It gre on me. ;) Maybe because it cooled off while I was drinking it! I put it on my shopping list because, well. It’s interesting.

GREW on me. Grew on me.

Daniel Scott

Cold, cold, cold! I only drank it hot at first, and it made me ill. Cold, it’s fantastic. Actually, it cold-brews well as well.

I tried an iced sample of this in the NYC Bleecker store. It was a little watered down, but it did taste exactly like fruity, juicy, watermelon. I was surprised how much it tasted like watermelon. There’s no doubt that’s what it was. An expertly crafted iced tea.

By the way, the staff in this store is AMAZING!! So knowledgeable and soooo nice! I was blown away. It was definitely a highlight of my trip, and I’m very happy I decided to go. Plus, I got the best glass, double walled tumbler with infuser and bamboo lid. Yipee!!!

This tea smells amazing – like watermelon gummies or candies. It made me want to eat the tea right out of the pouch, but I managed to restrain myself. ;) Interestingly, when I added the water I started smelling apples as well.

For once, this tea tastes as good as it smells, I was dreading hibiscus, but it looks like my fears are unfounded as if there’s any in the blend I can’t taste it. The flavours are fruity and sweet – like watermelon but there are also other fruits in there – honeydew melon and apples are the ones I can most readily pick out. Ladies and gents, I think this tea is a winner.