Luscious Watermelon

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Carrot, Honeydew, Strawberry Leaves, Watermelon
Apple, Carrot, Lemongrass, Melon, Cucumber, Honeydew, banana, Fruity
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos

2 Images

From DAVIDsTEA

The taste of summer

What would summer be without a thick slice of pink and green watermelon in your hand? Mingling honeydew, strawberry leaves and apple with generous chunks of watermelon, this fruit-packed tea is overflowing with juicy melon flavour. Try it on ice and get ready to dangle your bare feet off the balcony: summer is officially here.

Ingredients: Apple, carrot, watermelon, wild strawberry leaves, honeydew melon, beetroot.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

SO GLAD THIS CAME BACK!!! I really love this fruit blend! It makes a fantastic iced tea without any sweeteners. I’ve been going through my tin and an alarming pace, so I’ll have to stock up again soon. The watermelon blends well with the other flavours and nothing is overpowering. I absolutely hate the taste of fake watermelon candies and such, so it was a relief to find that this doesn’t taste fake like that at all. I hope this one either sticks around, or comes back again for another seasonal rotation :)

I officially have the best bff in the world(lindairvine) many many reasons but introducing me to this tea is definitely another one of them (and her being willing to share too!).

This is a Teagasm.

Just make sure to go over the 2 teaspoon limit to get the full glory that is this tea.

God it’s beautiful,textured and so light and refreshing.

Leaves a taste like bubblegum in my mouth but yet has no false taste of watermelon this is authentic all the way.

lindairvine and I intend to buy out all the stock because it’s just too painful to wait until summer for this ultra amazing goddamn brilliantly fruity tea.

Goji Pop my love you are just a shade of this outrageously fantastic tea!

The perfect iced tea.

I’m not one for herbal teas really, but I do like to grab fruity ones to make a nice big pitcher of iced tea. This one fits the bill perfectly. It’s juicy, and pleasantly sweet — but not TOO sweet — and tastes like real fruit. The smell is almost enough to drive one wild.

I’ll likely be restocking this one many times. Especially in the summer. :)

Iced 8 min or more

Tea Cocktail!

Very rarely do I buy alcohol other than wine, but I had a craving to do so last week and I bought banana liqueur and vodka. I was doing the liqueur + a little vodka mixed with milk, which is good, but very sweet and heavy. Thus I decided to try my hand at a tea cocktail with luscious watermelon.

I steeped 4 perfect spoonfuls (10 tsp, same amount I use for lattes) of luscious watermelon in about 12 oz of boiled water. Steeped for 5 min, then cooled down with ice and added about half a shot of the liqueur and the same amount of vodka. The cocktail was light and refreshing and not too sweet or boozy. I made one for my husband that was heavier on the vodka and he really enjoyed it as well. I recommend trying this out! Be advised though, Luscious watermelon is a heavy blend and 2 drinks used up a LOT of leaf. Probably close to 50g. Luckily I had a leftover tin of this from last year that I’m trying to use up; otherwise I’m not sure If I would go out and buy tea specifically for alcoholic drinks.

Flavors: Fruity, Melon

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 10 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML
Kristal

Double checked the price online of Luscious watermelon and its $8/50g, meaning if I did use 50g for 2 drinks the “mix” alone is $4 per drink. Yikes.

Kirkoneill1988

i have been sober for 6 years. (caused too many problems)

Kristal

Good for you! That’s quite the accomplishment :)

Kirkoneill1988

thankyou :)

This one is awesome! I love the really juicy, fruity, fresh flavor. Maybe not good enough to re-purchase, but the 25g bag i got with the summer collection was great! The summer collection was a bit of a disappointment as a whole though. The perfect pear was just: (has own review-up soon) lets not go into that.
Strawberry shortcake- no thanks!!
Swampwater- pretty good.
Tropicalia- awesome!

So ya- this was a my fav of the summer collection.

Mac

I received two samples of this tea when I ordered from Davids online. I drank it cold both times. It tastes exactly like watermelon, fruity and refreshing. I wasn’t a fan of the aftertaste at first—it kind of tasted a little like medicine. It may just be in the way its brewed because the second time I made it, I used a little less tea then recommended and I enjoyed it a lot more! No medicine like aftertaste and just as refreshing.

Mt favourite tea, I can drink this iced all day long, with it’s subtle tartness, and just the right amount of sweetness its the perfect tea.

Since it’s summer I’ve been icing every tea I get my hands on. I steep this one for 7-10 minutes and poured it over ice and left it in the fridge for an hour. A pleasant surprise as it does kind of taste like watermelon! Very refreshing as well!

The longer you steep this tea the better it will taste over ice. Once it’s ready just pour it over ice and it is so yummy! I do add some natural agave to mine while it’s steeping to help the watermelon get that little extra boost of sweetness.

I tried some of this iced in store today and I quite liked it! Definitely would have been better steeped longer, and without the dilution from the ice during flash freezing, but I liked it enough to probably get some of my own in a little bit.

I got more watermelon flavour than anything else, but it was an odd mix of actual watermelon and typical artificial watermelon flavouring, if that makes any sense; David’s artificial flavours strikes again, alas. The liquor is a lovely orange-y pink, and I did like it (will write a longer review once I try brewing some on my own), but I think it might be a summertime only purchase and not something I want to stock up on as much as possible like Swampwater.