Luscious Watermelon

Fruit Herbal Blend
Apple Pieces, Artificial Flavouring, Beet Root, Carrot, Honeydew, Strawberry Leaves, Watermelon
Carrot, Apple, Fruity, Melon
Bulk, Loose Leaf
Caffeine Free
Edit tea info Last updated by Perry Papadopoulos
170 °F / 76 °C 6 min, 30 sec 68 oz / 2000 ml

The taste of summer

What would summer be without a thick slice of pink and green watermelon in your hand? Mingling honeydew, strawberry leaves and apple with generous chunks of watermelon, this fruit-packed tea is overflowing with juicy melon flavour. Try it on ice and get ready to dangle your bare feet off the balcony: summer is officially here.

Ingredients: Apple, carrot, watermelon, wild strawberry leaves, honeydew melon, beetroot.

About DAVIDsTEA View company

I wasn’t quite getting a watermelon scent from the dry notes. Definetly fruity though.
Upon steeping the smell nauseated me, I definetly would not be able to drink this one hot. Once I poured it over ice it had a very slight pink colour, but was more yellowish. I couldn’t wait to take a slurp of this. I got no watermelon flavour from it. It tasted like bubble gum (similar to Teaopia’s Aztec Gold, except more flavourful).
All in all I enjoyed the tea, just wished it tasted more like watermelon

SO GLAD THIS CAME BACK!!! I really love this fruit blend! It makes a fantastic iced tea without any sweeteners. I’ve been going through my tin and an alarming pace, so I’ll have to stock up again soon. The watermelon blends well with the other flavours and nothing is overpowering. I absolutely hate the taste of fake watermelon candies and such, so it was a relief to find that this doesn’t taste fake like that at all. I hope this one either sticks around, or comes back again for another seasonal rotation :)

I officially have the best bff in the world(lindairvine) many many reasons but introducing me to this tea is definitely another one of them (and her being willing to share too!).

This is a Teagasm.

Just make sure to go over the 2 teaspoon limit to get the full glory that is this tea.

God it’s beautiful,textured and so light and refreshing.

Leaves a taste like bubblegum in my mouth but yet has no false taste of watermelon this is authentic all the way.

lindairvine and I intend to buy out all the stock because it’s just too painful to wait until summer for this ultra amazing goddamn brilliantly fruity tea.

Goji Pop my love you are just a shade of this outrageously fantastic tea!

The perfect iced tea.

I’m not one for herbal teas really, but I do like to grab fruity ones to make a nice big pitcher of iced tea. This one fits the bill perfectly. It’s juicy, and pleasantly sweet — but not TOO sweet — and tastes like real fruit. The smell is almost enough to drive one wild.

I’ll likely be restocking this one many times. Especially in the summer. :)

Iced 8 min or more

Oh, sweet, sweet Luscious Watermelon- how I’ve missed you. David’s tea brought you back for a limited time online and thus I had to buy 250 grams. I’ve been desiring this tea for 3 years (that’s when they discontinued it and when i first got into tea). I’m so glad to finally get some more- this is one of my favorite fruit teas. That watermelon mint tea they had last year just wasn’t the same.

I steeped 6 “perfect spoonfuls” (about 3 tbsp) in 2L of near boiling water overnight in the fridge (at least 12 h?). then i removed the filter and enjoyed the (not overley) sweet taste of watermelon and apple. So refreshing. I adore this tea and glad to have lots to enjoy over the summer. Grab it now before it goes out of stock!

Tasting note from 3 years ago (2012):

I really like this tea. This is more of a juice-like tea, but it’s not too overpowering. It really does taste like watermelon, and I like it iced or hot. It’s especially nice in the summer :)

Flavors: Apple, Fruity, Melon

Iced 8 min or more 15 tsp 68 OZ / 2000 ML

i wish you could sample this in store…don’t want to commit to 100g+ of a tea i’ve never tried heh

The lowest amount is $50g but I totally know what you mean- that’s still a lot to commit to. I wanted to try another tea that’s an online exclusive (caramel corn) but I didn’t want to buy 50g either. I’m lucky that I do have a DAVIDs store so close so that way I can buy just 8-10g of a tea when I’m unsure of whether I’ll like it. Of course that doesn’t help when they have these online only teas..

This one is awesome! I love the really juicy, fruity, fresh flavor. Maybe not good enough to re-purchase, but the 25g bag i got with the summer collection was great! The summer collection was a bit of a disappointment as a whole though. The perfect pear was just: (has own review-up soon) lets not go into that.
Strawberry shortcake- no thanks!!
Swampwater- pretty good.
Tropicalia- awesome!

So ya- this was a my fav of the summer collection.

I received two samples of this tea when I ordered from Davids online. I drank it cold both times. It tastes exactly like watermelon, fruity and refreshing. I wasn’t a fan of the aftertaste at first—it kind of tasted a little like medicine. It may just be in the way its brewed because the second time I made it, I used a little less tea then recommended and I enjoyed it a lot more! No medicine like aftertaste and just as refreshing.

Mt favourite tea, I can drink this iced all day long, with it’s subtle tartness, and just the right amount of sweetness its the perfect tea.

Since it’s summer I’ve been icing every tea I get my hands on. I steep this one for 7-10 minutes and poured it over ice and left it in the fridge for an hour. A pleasant surprise as it does kind of taste like watermelon! Very refreshing as well!

The longer you steep this tea the better it will taste over ice. Once it’s ready just pour it over ice and it is so yummy! I do add some natural agave to mine while it’s steeping to help the watermelon get that little extra boost of sweetness.